wow. Xbox live free games vs free PS+ games.

Zohar78

[H]ard|Gawd
Xbox live gold members for the month of december is getting Gears of War and Shoot Many robots.
Playstation + members is getting Borderlands 2, Grid 2, and Dyad.

Wow... microsoft offering a 7 year old game vs sony's year old. It really should have been gow 3.. Hell even grid 2 is newer.. Not mentioning, sony offering 3 games,

Sony beats the fuck out of MS in this area. I've got a nice 30 game library on my PS3 that was free with a year of PSN+.

Considering the loss MS is taking for each Xbox One I doubt the game selection is going to change.

Difference here get rid if PSN games don't work get rid if live games still work they just started the program games are bound to improve

Difference here get rid if PSN games don't work get rid if live games still work they just started the program games are bound to improve

In other news, sometimes I watch things on Netflix that are gone months later. However most people don't care, because they already watched the videos and there is a ton of new stuff to watch.

? What are you trying to say?

Just that the PSN games are kinda like a gamefly sub they aren't really free games they are nice though I have every game from the beginning

And the comment about netflix who gives a crap i have netflix on almost every device hooked to my home theater so it's irrelevant

Just that the PSN games are kinda like a gamefly sub they aren't really free games they are nice though I have every game from the beginning

And the comment about netflix who gives a crap i have netflix on almost every device hooked to my home theater so it's irrelevant

So again, what are you trying to say?

A single PSN account is also good for Vita, and PS4 games. It's a pretty great deal especially if you have the other devices. Does it work for the 360 and XB1? I would assume so, but I don't know.

Its not even the rambling lol, its just that it doesn't make sense period like English isn't his first language or something...

This is an area where I don't see Microsoft actually competing. They just don't have the party relationship that Sony has. It would take huge sums of cash to do this monthly for them.

I'm sure Sony is paying a nice amount for borderlands this month though. They just have a much larger pool of first and second party studios.

I do not mean to sound offensive but is English your second language? Seems it might be.

We are talking about the free games given to PSN Plus subscribers and Xbox Live Gold subscribers. You seem like you are taking a much broader topic and applying it to this situation? You are confusing us entirely here.

The PSN Plus games given out are much newer and generally better games then what Microsoft has put out. MS has put it some of its oldest games and seems reluctant to put out anything newer which is why people have called into question their whole "Me too guys!" campaign they launched once people started talking about the 30 free games PSN Plus members got for the first year of the program.

Enjoying the hell out of Resogun & Blacklight : Retribution on the PS4! Only game I have actually bought so far is AC4.

I do not mean to sound offensive but is English your second language? Seems it might be.

We are talking about the free games given to PSN Plus subscribers and Xbox Live Gold subscribers. You seem like you are taking a much broader topic and applying it to this situation? You are confusing us entirely here.

The PSN Plus games given out are much newer and generally better games then what Microsoft has put out. MS has put it some of its oldest games and seems reluctant to put out anything newer which is why people have called into question their whole "Me too guys!" campaign they launched once people started talking about the 30 free games PSN Plus members got for the first year of the program.

I think what he is trying to say is:

If your PSN+ subscription expires and you don't renew the subscription, the "Free" games are gone. The games are more of a free, long term rental than being free outright.

On the other hand, if your Xbox Live Gold subscription expires and you don't renew said subscription, the free games are still yours to keep.

Sony is giving its users access to new games as long as they are subscribed to their service. MS is outright giving older games to people who subscribe to their service.

I think what he is trying to say is:

If your PSN+ subscription expires and you don't renew the subscription, the "Free" games are gone. The games are more of a free, long term rental than being free outright.

On the other hand, if your Xbox Live Gold subscription expires and you don't renew said subscription, the free games are still yours to keep.

Sony is giving its users access to new games as long as they are subscribed to their service. MS is outright giving older games to people who subscribe to their service.

If you download the games they are not "gone" but yea if you end your subscription you won't get anymore new free games. My PS3 was unsubbed before I renewed for my PS4 and my already downloaded "free" games were still there and fine. All you need to do is actually just initiate the game downloads and it'll get added to your download history and you can access it anytime now or in the future. I can download anything from 2006 all the way to now and this was before PSN Plus existed.

SO if you just download the free games to your PS3 you'll be fine and able to keep them and install them when you feel like it.

If you download the games they are not "gone" but yea if you end your subscription you won't get anymore new free games. My PS3 was unsubbed before I renewed for my PS4 and my already downloaded "free" games were still there and fine. All you need to do is actually just initiate the game downloads and it'll get added to your download history and you can access it anytime now or in the future. I can download anything from 2006 all the way to now and this was before PSN Plus existed.

SO if you just download the free games to your PS3 you'll be fine and able to keep them and install them when you feel like it.

OK you obviously don't have PlayStation plus! If you don't keep an active subscription the game installed or not don't play!

That was my fucking point or am I still rambling?

Not true -- after your PS+ subscription expires, yes you can still see the PS+ games you downloaded on your HDD, but you will get a message saying you need to activate your PS + membership again when you actually attempt to start the title whilst on the XMB.

Q: What happens to the games and DLC I downloaded from through a PS Plus membership, and I decide to not renew my membership?
A: You will not be able to access free games downloaded with Plus if you choose not to renew your membership. However, if you decide to re-activate your membership, you will once again be able to play all games downloaded from the Instant Game Collection.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2034

Not true -- after your PS+ subscription expires, yes you can still see the PS+ games you downloaded on your HDD, but you will get a message saying you need to activate your PS + membership again when you actually attempt to start the title whilst on the XMB.

Q: What happens to the games and DLC I downloaded from through a PS Plus membership, and I decide to not renew my membership?
A: You will not be able to access free games downloaded with Plus if you choose not to renew your membership. However, if you decide to re-activate your membership, you will once again be able to play all games downloaded from the Instant Game Collection.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2034

not being able to play a game = not owning the game

not being able to play a game = not owning the game

You never owned the game. It was provided to you as a service.
Your service has expired. Buy the game, or renew the service, else you don't get to play.
What's your point? He was stating that games you have downloaded in the past will still be accessible to you, even if they are no longer offered on PS+, after you reactivate.

You never owned the game. It was provided to you as a service.
Your service has expired. Buy the game, or renew the service, else you don't get to play.
What's your point? He was stating that games you have downloaded in the past will still be accessible to you, even if they are no longer offered on PS+, after you reactivate.

no point, merely helping to highlight the difference between the offerings by sony vs microsoft. MS offers really old games that are yours to play, even after cancelling service (or using trial) sony offers newer games on a long term rental.

Gears 1 is the best in the series, so I have no problem with this.

Back