WoW - Why are Paladins KOS?

Zoramac

Limp Gawd
Why is it that everytime a person playing a horde posts he says that paladins are kos? Im just curious as to why. Do you always lose at 1on1 fights against them but beat every other class? Is it that you really dont know what a paladin is? Heres the best link I could find that describes what they stand for(quick search)http://members.lycos.co.uk/wpu/infop.html and actually if a player is playing a paladin correctly he will kos any horde member because that is his nature. If its because they are so "overpowered" why dosent everybody play them?

Im not trying to start a flame war just looking for reasons.

lvl 32 paladin, dragonblight

First off, it is because I do feel like they are overpowered. They can wear the same armor as I can (warrior), use the same weapons, plus they can heal them selves, go immune, and get a free mount (which costs me 90 gold, I've not trained on a single warrior skill for 6 levels since I am trying to save up for that). Pallys can heal better than most priests and tank better than any warrior, plus can buff better than a druid. For some reason, if they go into healing mode, their heals on teammates don't draw aggro like priests, druids, and shamans do.

Plus, there are more pallys than shamans + druids + priests. Considering that only alliance can play them, I'd say that they are overly popular. My server is overrun by pallys and they spend most of their time ganking around TM or Booty Bay. And seeing how most warriors have a hard time defeating a pally 4+ levels below them, it doesn't give us much of a chance 1v1..

There is no question that they are the preferred class of Blizz currently. Maybe if they get balanced in the near future I'll reconsider, but until then, my guild punishes every pally they see. If 5 of us, all around lvl 40, come across a lvl 15 pally, he's dead. We have no mercy for them.

TrueBuckeye said:
If 5 of us, all around lvl 40, come across a lvl 15 pally, he's dead. We have no mercy for them.

I think that's a bit harsh. I'm a Pally - so because Blizzard made us stronger (which I'm still not convinced of), you punish us? Maybe I'll get a group of level 60 Pallys and kill every Horde we see. It's pretty ridiculous.

I kill pallys because they tend to be the most arrogent, immature and adolscent gankers. Now, I usually hit allliance only when I am hit. Further, I will never initiate with people more than 5 levels below me. Oh, this code of ethics is not so with the pallys on my server. More often than not, raids will consist entirely of pallys. Pepsipizza, Chn, Bebo and other level 60 pallys are always griefing level 20-30 horde. I know that this may be the few giving the whole a bad name, but what do you think the more mature, older players will do?

Moreover, no other class is arrogent enough (in general) to hit a player 5-10 levels higher and hope to live. Pallys will. Why you ask? The get out of jail free card--invunerability. I have seen pallys that seem fine, but they are llikely just afraid of me because I am a 60 while they are only in the 40s.

TrueBuckeye said:
Plus, there are more pallys than shamans + druids + priests. Considering that only alliance can play them, I'd say that they are overly popular. My server is overrun by pallys and they spend most of their time ganking around TM or Booty Bay. And seeing how most warriors have a hard time defeating a pally 4+ levels below them, it doesn't give us much of a chance 1v1..

There is no question that they are the preferred class of Blizz currently. Maybe if they get balanced in the near future I'll reconsider, but until then, my guild punishes every pally they see. If 5 of us, all around lvl 40, come across a lvl 15 pally, he's dead. We have no mercy for them.

OMG - such hostility, So lets take a step back and look at this in another light/analogy - you went to buy a new car at the dealership they had a bunch of kia's, hundai's (sp?) and a ferrari all sitting there for the same price. you picked the kia and now your pissed because the ferrari is faster and handles better? makes sense to me.

kay. go play your paladin. get filled with a false sense of strength. then prepare to die. :)

TrueBuckeye said:
First off, it is because I do feel like they are overpowered. They can wear the same armor as I can (warrior), use the same weapons, plus they can heal them selves, go immune, and get a free mount (which costs me 90 gold, I've not trained on a single warrior skill for 6 levels since I am trying to save up for that). Pallys can heal better than most priests and tank better than any warrior, plus can buff better than a druid. For some reason, if they go into healing mode, their heals on teammates don't draw aggro like priests, druids, and shamans do.

I think the warrior is to weak personally... They should be like the barbarians of Diablo 2 with the extreme stat boosting passives and lots of powerful melee attacks... My experience with my pally has been that healing does draw aggro just as a well as a priests heal. Unfortunately this is the real weakness of the paladin, few aggro holding abilities. Basically I can only hold aggro by healing and when paired with a priest it really doesnt matter because he can outheal me. Sure, on paper I am an incredible tank, but in reality I am a pretty poor one.

That being said, I think the pally is my favorite solo character... Its very hard for me to die and I have almost no down time...

Cant comment on PvP as I am pretty low level (19)

I would agree that the Warrior is probably the weakest class in the game. Too bad it is my favorite fantasy class.

But I forgot another good reason why I KOS pallys...they make a very nice stew.

Back