WoW: Warlords of Draenor Expansion Confirmed

This will be kinda cool, all of my WoW buddies would always talk of the glory days of TBC. I started in Wrath so I never experienced TBC fully. Hopefully this expansion will be like a new introduction to that era.

One of my chief complaints and main reason for leaving was the character models never being updated, except for the new stuff.

Glad to to see this has finally been addressed, nearly 7 years later.

Still not going back to that hellhole.

Not impressed with the stat removal.

They should just drop gear down to two stats at this point, "Power" and "Stamina"

bk5qMdO.jpg

I played WoW since Beta, and got out during Cataclysm.

What drew me in, and lots more, was the great game play, fun graphics, quest, and everything else. It was awesome! I could look at a level 60 shaman with his Twig and ohhh and ahhh, and slowly get my class armor pieces over a few months.

It felt like I was achieving something magnificent. I could show my buddies my kit and we'd dance off to see if we could do X dungeon.

Now?

Farm those fuckin seals or badges or give some NPC a rimjob that you farmed 10000 hours for, because everyone! has epic armor now, and anyone can jump into a raid to ream the pooper of a raid boss with spamfingers4tw. Game also caters to retards to boot. Herp can derp his skill points into 3!! WHOLE choices! Whoooo-wee!

There's no sense of community, no sense of achievement, no sense of anything but a bunch of lost time.

Matter of fact, not many MMO's can say they have a decent community, or sense of achievement. The genre has been plowed facefirst into the pillows and cornholed into stupidity.

My hopes are for the new Elder Scrolls and Wildstar.

I personally don't mind the badge system, but I can understand your viewpoint. On the flip side, I think that point has been rehashed enough already :p

The death of individual server communities is when my enjoyment of WoW started to plummet. This began with the LFD tool, and was made worse by every other "convenience" change that followed. The elimination of most group quests and elite mobs outside of dungeons, along with with every quest being railed and phased out the wazoo, turned the leveling experience into a de facto single player game. Once you hit the end game, you never need set foot outside the cities.

WoW truly is a lobby game at this point.

been playing emerald dream private server classic 1.12 wow and enjoying it, will be fun trying to do timed baron runs and old fashion ubrs lol, but i quit in Cata as well on the blizzard servers

I cashed in my WOW chips years ago and won't be re-upping. I guess it's age, but I just don't have the time to dedicate to MMORPGs anymore. An hour of shooting or driving around in GTA5 is about all I can muster these days.

I cashed in my WOW chips years ago and won't be re-upping. I guess it's age, but I just don't have the time to dedicate to MMORPGs anymore. An hour of shooting or driving around in GTA5 is about all I can muster these days.

I felt the same way reading this. Little bit of nostalgia, thought to myself 'man I should try this out one more time.' Then I thought to myself, 'aint nobody got time for dat' because I literally barely have time to shoot a couple guys in SR4 let alone do ANYTHING in WOW.

I felt the same way reading this. Little bit of nostalgia, thought to myself 'man I should try this out one more time.' Then I thought to myself, 'aint nobody got time for dat' because I literally barely have time to shoot a couple guys in SR4 let alone do ANYTHING in WOW.

Yeah, it doesn't help when you get back in with a free 7 days or something and you are immediately assaulted by hundreds of punks swearing and jumping around like super Mario on crack.

The death of individual server communities is when my enjoyment of WoW started to plummet. This began with the LFD tool, and was made worse by every other "convenience" change that followed. The elimination of most group quests and elite mobs outside of dungeons, along with with every quest being railed and phased out the wazoo, turned the leveling experience into a de facto single player game. Once you hit the end game, you never need set foot outside the cities.

Couldn't have said it better.

All the new features are nice, but every convenience feature sacrificed a little more of the server communities. Nothing will ever top pooling 4 friends from your friends list, heading out to the entrance, encountering alliance, calling in your guild to help fight for the summoning stone and the ensuing battle. Was it annoying? Mildly. Was it a blast? Yes!

Now PVE is done from the lobbies of a city, and PVP is all-gear/no-skill "competition".

This is it. This killed it for me too.

I remember the good ole' days of battling for the blue dragon in felwood and using the LOS trick on the first boss of MC before they patched it. I came back right before WotLK and I noticed everything was much easier.

Nail on the head. Before name changes, server transfer, faction transfers and cross-server grouping happened, your reputation mattered -- just like every MMORPG before. If you are a toxic, selfish asshole then people caught on. If you were a nice guy, a reliable player -- people caught on.

When the repercussions of being a selfish jerk disappeared, everything went to shit. The toxic, anonymous mentality of 'barrens chat' migrated up to the higher level content. Whereas reputations earned at lower levels were often forgotten and not critical, and thus personalities were often more toxic due to the anonymous nature and alt venting/trolling, the upper level players now had no reason to ever abandon this personality.

Piss off a ton of people? Spam chat with nonsense? Scream into vent? Be an overall bad player? Just pay Blizzard some money and have your name changed, or transfer servers/factions. With LFD -- even better -- you probably won't play with those people again anyway so troll away.

As soon as you remove required personal interaction on a friendly or even business like basis within a MMORPG -- the community will self destruct. WoW is the case study for this.

I think that Blizzard understands this issue for casuals and that's one of the drives for the completely different zone dynamic and garrisons.

High end raiding is still very active and very difficult. Heroic Garrosh still has very few finishers worldwide and the average number of wipes per completion is really up there.

For explorers I think the new land will be very rewarding. Building a garrison should have benefits and require outside resources. I would love to see specific actions only doable in certain areas, making travel and cooperation between garrisons essential.

Do you really HAVE to buy gear in D3 to finish the game? I just started it a bit ago and it seems easy enough so far. but then I haven't did any of the co-op stuff or anything.

On one hand Diablo 3 is too boring to play long enough to accumulate really good gear. If you simply buy the gear then you have no reason left to play the game. I found D3 hardcore kinda fun, but after playing World of Warcraft, Rift, etc i just cant go back to something like D3.

In my mind D3 is almost a game id play on a tablet...

Agreed. And I've been away so long that I don't know what any of the acronyms mean anymore. I was watching a friend tinker in WOW about 6 months ago, and it was like a foreign language scrolling across the screen.

I'll take the work that is home ownership over WOW any day of the week :)

I bought the game the day of release and I quit after playing through Burning Crusades. Blues that dropped were almost as good as the purples from end game guild runs prior to TBC release.
Black hole of time I don't miss.

I play on the free servers from time to time, if they weren't so buggy I'd be paying on them permanently.

Back