WoW Visa

I already have a GameStop, Xbox Live Diamond and Microsoft Cert card in my wallet . I don't need more nerd credit (haha a pun) in my wallet

Correct me if my math is wrong (and it's highly likely that it is) but doesn't the "1% of every dollar spent translates into game time" equate to needing to spend $1500 for a free month? If so that seems a little BS to me. I realize they don't want to make it too easy to get free playing time, but $1500 is pretty steep.

Kickbacks of 1% to 1.5% are nominal for credit card bonuses, these days. How fast you'll get there depends on your spending habits.

Correct me if my math is wrong (and it's highly likely that it is) but doesn't the "1% of every dollar spent translates into game time" equate to needing to spend $1500 for a free month? If so that seems a little BS to me. I realize they don't want to make it too easy to get free playing time, but $1500 is pretty steep.

just funnel ALL of your purchases through the credit card. i expect you spend a lot more a month than you might think you do. as long as you arent spending more than you have its fine.

The citibank mastercard with the Thank You Network is a better deal.

1) it doesn't shout what a flaming nerd you are
2) 1 point per dollar spent.
3) 5 points at gas stations, grocery stores, pharmacies.
4) It has a tie-in with expedia so you get a point for every dollar spent on expedia.com (in addition to the points gained by using the mastercard)

If you really want WoW game time, take the Thank You points you've accumulated and get a Best Buy gift card, then use the gift card to buy game cards. (10,000 points = $100 gift card)

People these days don't carry cash anymore, I for one have not touched paper money in over 2 months. Also in order to get the most out of your POINTS or rebates or any other incentive people have benn paying everything with these cards, car payments, rent/house payment, bills, ect, then just paying it off at the end of the month when you get your bill. this way those benifits really start pilling up.

People these days don't carry cash anymore, I for one have not touched paper money in over 2 months. Also in order to get the most out of your POINTS or rebates or any other incentive people have benn paying everything with these cards, car payments, rent/house payment, bills, ect, then just paying it off at the end of the month when you get your bill. this way those benifits really start pilling up.
I guess you could essentially play WoW for free at that point. I don't use my card for much other than dinners and groceries. The only time I've gone over a $1,000 in a month is when I built my newest computer. I suppose if I put rent on there though it would add up damn fast.

People these days don't carry cash anymore, I for one have not touched paper money in over 2 months.

:rolleyes:

Although I am like you and use my cards to pay for just about anything... "people these days" still carry cash... I don't know about you... but here in Texas (I can assume Cali is just as bad) there’s a huge amount of Hispanics. The # of Hispanics in Texas is growing at an incredible rate... I'm not saying Hispanics don't use credit cards... but there is still a good amount still using cash. (I say this because for a few months when I worked at HEB the people that don't speak any English were paying cash only..)

Not everyone (like my GF unfortunately) has good or great credit. Some people are stuck using cash, money orders and checks....

Yea if you really want to take advantage of it just funnel all your spending to this card. That includes paying other creditcard bills with this card. I mean it is a visa. The only place i can think of that wouldn't take a visa is Costco.

:rolleyes:

Although I am like you and use my cards to pay for just about anything... "people these days" still carry cash... I don't know about you... but here in Texas (I can assume Cali is just as bad) there’s a huge amount of Hispanics. The # of Hispanics in Texas is growing at an incredible rate... I'm not saying Hispanics don't use credit cards... but there is still a good amount still using cash. (I say this because for a few months when I worked at HEB the people that don't speak any English were paying cash only..)

Not everyone (like my GF unfortunately) has good or great credit. Some people are stuck using cash, money orders and checks....

I work at CC and we get that cash a LOT. Only thing I dont understand about that is get a bank, get a debit card. Not cash, but not a credit card. Wish we would do away with checks, too much of a hassle.

As to the WoW card, seems like a waste, can get better options from my debit card. Neat idea, but I think if you want rewards look for a real CC or find out what your bank offers for your debit card if you have one.

Yea I saw that when I was launching WoW few days back, pretty funny shit in my opinion. If somebody is Dorky enough to buy it, that is just hilarious.
However, some of those cards do look kinda sexy:p

I work at CC and we get that cash a LOT. Only thing I dont understand about that is get a bank, get a debit card. Not cash, but not a credit card. Wish we would do away with checks, too much of a hassle.
*snip*
That works as long as you're in the country legally. Last time I opened an account (which admittedly was a while ago) I had to provide my SSN and a few other forms of identification. I'm not trying to insinuate that all hispanics are in the country illegally, but the simple truth of the matter is that many are. I don't know how many are buying big budget items, but I know when I worked at BB for a summer there were several instances of people buying $2,000+ items straight cash.

As to the WoW card, seems like a waste, can get better options from my debit card. Neat idea, but I think if you want rewards look for a real CC or find out what your bank offers for your debit card if you have one.

I personally hate checks.... but sometimes they still serve their purpose. Our daughter attends a "stay-at-home" day care... which debit/cc is not an option... To have something on record... writing a check is the next best thing.

Speaking of checks.... wheres my WoW checks? :p :D

I have two debit accounts... Paypal + Checking account.. No CC for me yet, only 18 but I guess I should build my credit up... :p

Too bad I hate WoW :eek:

I have two debit accounts... Paypal + Checking account.. No CC for me yet, only 18 but I guess I should build my credit up... :p

Too bad I hate WoW :eek:

I would not start building your credit by getting a wow card anyway, lol...
I am 18 also, I have a checking and a cc account at UsBank which works great, I got approved just because I attend college :rolleyes:

I already ordered it and am waiting for its arrival, but the moment it comes in, I will call to cancel the account and keep it as a collectors item. I did the same thing with the Star Trek Mastercard. Of course they ask for why and I tell them the truth. Whether they like the reason or not, they must cancel the account.

As for CC themselves, we are working to pay ours off and then abandon the use and go debit or cash only. Thx Dave Ramsey.

Back