WoW UI's and Server Transfers

Kevl4R

Gawd
I have been playing a warrior on Darkspear and the guild I am playing with basically stinks. Are the [H]ardguild still taking people on? I would have to transfer...is there a fee that is associated with that?

Secondly, I can't seem to find a good UI...any suggestions? I know there is one called "gypsymod" out there....is that the best there is?

Kevl4R said:
I have been playing a warrior on Darkspear and the guild I am playing with basically stinks. Are the [H]ardguild still taking people on? I would have to transfer...is there a fee that is associated with that?

Secondly, I can't seem to find a good UI...any suggestions? I know there is one called "gypsymod" out there....is that the best there is?
The [H]ardguild is still going, and going very well. Seleste and Sapurr are 60s, I'm close (Gangreene) and we have many others in the 40 and up category now. Come join the fun on Stormscale. I left a 30 shaman and haven't looked back. And my wife quit her 47 hunter months ago.

As far as UIs, there are 2 ways to go depending on your aptitude and desire to spend time on a UI. I use gypsymod, and think it's great. I've used cosmos, CTMod, gypsymod, flexbar and the standard Blizz junk UI. If you are willing to work at it, flexbar is the BEST UI out there because you can get it to do exactly what you want it to do. But gypsy offers all I need without command line configuration. I use many additional addons, and highly recommend titanbar.

Sounds good. What does titanbar do? In EQ2 there was a custom UI called EQ2 Mapper that showed you the spawn locations of major quest mobs. Is there anything like that for WoW?

There is a UI Mod called Atlas which gives you instance maps with all the spawn points of the boss mobs.

You "can't" transfer servers. You can, but you need to know someone at Blizzard or do a massive amount of ass kissing.

They have not opened up server transfers yet, blizzard reps say they are working on it, what ever that means. We would love to have you on stormscale if or when they allow transfers again.

I use flexbar, titanbar, atlas, CT_raidassist, and a few other small items. Flexbar takes a little bit of work to set up, but once you do its great. I used to use gypsy, it was good for starting out. Check out curse-gaming.com and see whats popular.

m4rine said:
They have not opened up server transfers yet, blizzard reps say they are working on it, what ever that means. We would love to have you on stormscale if or when they allow transfers again.

I can roll an alt, but I can't imagine level grinding another toon. I just don't have the available time. Websense blocks me from looking at WoW forums to investigate character transfers any further.

Kevl4R said:
I can roll an alt, but I can't imagine level grinding another toon. I just don't have the available time. Websense blocks me from looking at WoW forums to investigate character transfers any further.
They won't be happening or if they do happen again it will be from high population servers to specific low population ones.

I use the Insomniax mod set which can be found and cursed-ui. It takes all to the good "single" mods and combines them. It has alot your don't need, but you can disable it. I've just started using Flexbar, but make sure you read the documentation a few times before you start using it...it is not for the casual player.

kick@ss said:
They won't be happening or if they do happen again it will be from high population servers to specific low population ones.

Do you think they will do it for the new RP/PVP servers that are coming out supposedly with the next content patch?

Try Insomniax as well for a UI Mod. Comes with a bunch of mods like CT and many others.

Kevl4R said:
Do you think they will do it for the new RP/PVP servers that are coming out supposedly with the next content patch?
No, most definitely no way. They want those servers to be for people who want to start over fresh.

i quit my first server to join up with hard guild =). best move ever. Having someone to talk to ingame makes the grind alot better. Not to mention im a newb at the game and they know everything.

thedork said:
i quit my first server to join up with hard guild =). best move ever. Having someone to talk to ingame makes the grind alot better. Not to mention im a newb at the game and they know everything.

I'll agree with that. If I push it I can kill a mob a minute which yields about 30k EXP/hour solo. When we do quest runs/grinds with guld members I can almost double that number. Last night in WPL I was averaging about 52kexp/hour over a 2 hour session (that was with travel to WPL from Org, wasting 10 minutes looking for the damn wolves, and the flight to TB to turn in the twig). If you do it as actual fight/quest time and not travel I was at least 60kexp/hour. Nothing beats two priests and a shaman as far as i'm concerned (me and my two friends). Shaman tanks and we flay flay flay then two mindblasts to finish the mob off. Nothing more satisfying that squishing mobs greater than our level w/o a care in the world.

Grouping is good...

For the uimods you can check out some that the [H]ard|Guild seem to like @ our website int he UI section of the forums. You can even download them there ;)

Only bad thing is I havn't really gotten around to making a real description for any of them (most are self explanatory though).

hardguild.net

<---seleste

gimp aka newb ^ but yeah the hardguild.net forums have the UI addons that we think are the best aka the ones we use. Guildmap is a good one ...you can stalk people easier.

Hey guys. I'm new to the [H] forums and all, but I was wondering how hardcore the [H]ard Guild is. From what I read in this forum, I'm assuming you guys are all casual players. I'm a pretty hardcore WoW player (currently mia due to relocation for work until mid August). I play a 60 Paladin on the Arthas server and a 60 Shaman on the Burning Blade server. Both guilds I'm in do MC weekly, but I only do it on my Shaman since I pretty much abandoned my Paladin. I'm currently looking for a new home for my next alt, but don't know where I want to do it yet. Basically, I'll be playing my Shaman on weekends for MC/BWL and this character I want to make now throughout the week.

I'm looking to see if this guild you guys have will eventually do MC and stuff. I can hit 60 in about 2 weeks or so RL time, so yea, any response will be appreciated. ;)

Laxx said:
Hey guys. I'm new to the [H] forums and all, but I was wondering how hardcore the [H]ard Guild is. From what I read in this forum, I'm assuming you guys are all casual players. I'm a pretty hardcore WoW player (currently mia due to relocation for work until mid August). I play a 60 Paladin on the Arthas server and a 60 Shaman on the Burning Blade server. Both guilds I'm in do MC weekly, but I only do it on my Shaman since I pretty much abandoned my Paladin. I'm currently looking for a new home for my next alt, but don't know where I want to do it yet. Basically, I'll be playing my Shaman on weekends for MC/BWL and this character I want to make now throughout the week.

I'm looking to see if this guild you guys have will eventually do MC and stuff. I can hit 60 in about 2 weeks or so RL time, so yea, any response will be appreciated. ;)

well I'm sure we all would love to do MC eventually. However we are seriously lacking in players/high levels. We need to recruit or powerlevel our guys or something.

You can see what kind of levels we have at our website in the roster section (http://www.hardguild.net/roster

Most of us our casual players really. Though I play for around 5 hours a day I would think....

edit: also if you decided to join us, I wouldn't mind leveling an alt with you. As my main is a rogue and there are 2 other 60 rogues.

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
well I'm sure we all would love to do MC eventually. However we are seriously lacking in players/high levels. We need to recruit or powerlevel our guys or something.

You can see what kind of levels we have at our website in the roster section (http://www.hardguild.net/roster

Most of us our casual players really. Though I play for around 5 hours a day I would think....

edit: also if you decided to join us, I wouldn't mind leveling an alt with you. As my main is a rogue and there are 2 other 60 rogues.

make an alt.... or help me power lvl my 14 shaman :)

Seleste is an idiot. We arent casual... we are [H]ardcore. 5 hours a day my a$$. we are on alot, and we are awesome and worth joining.

All's I have to say is that we can have more fun sitting around in the AH than some other groups have running Onyxia. It's a good group, and we're always looking for more good members.

Back