Wow they are so cheap now!

bobsaget

Supreme [H]ardness
I have been telling myself that I would get a DVD burner when they get down to about 60-70 bucks. Well, they are pretty much there! ($50 on ebay)

Anyways... Someone told me that on some DVD's, when you try to copy them, it ruins the disc that you were trying to copy. Is this true?

bobsaget said:
Anyways... Someone told me that on some DVD's, when you try to copy them, it ruins the disc that you were trying to copy. Is this true?

Umm, think about that for a moment... For the source media, copying it is no different than reading it for normal use. I can't think of a way that it could be ruined by copying but not have issues with normal playback.

He's talking about these throwaway DVD discs that have been proposed for rental outlets. They destroy themselves like 24 hours after the first laser hits them. Suffice to say, no DVDs on the market are like that--yet.

xonik said:
He's talking about these throwaway DVD discs that have been proposed for rental outlets. They destroy themselves like 24 hours after the first laser hits them. Suffice to say, no DVDs on the market are like that--yet.

http://video.movies.go.com/ez-d/ 7 eleven had them for a while, now if you ckeck their page its gone :)

Back