Wow, switching mobos = temp drops!

Kurak

Limp Gawd
Hard to believe isn't it.

By switching from the nf7s rev 2.0 to the a7n8x I have a reduction in temps, from around 48idle on an overclock to around 37 idle.

Don't misunderstand me though, the nf7s is a great board, but the layout really sucks. Also, the floppy port didn't have a pin missing, so I couldn't use a more modern floppy cable. Granted, the newer board doesn't have soundstorm, but I don't see why that matters considering I still have 5.1 sound.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter either way, as I'm purchasing a winchester 3200+ and I'm currently in search of the nicest socket 939 motherboard.

The temp reduction was a combination of you remounting your heatsink, and the motherboard readings temps slightly different (they all do).

No, it's because the layout in the board is such that wires dont cross over eachother and the main plug isn't in the center of the board. Also, the cpu is located right next to a vent. Compare the layout of the nf7s to the a7n8x.

If you measured an object with 2 different rulers, one that defined a foot as 12 inches and the other that defines it as 13 inches, you will get 2 different measurements of the same danged thing (in feet that is).

Your temp drop is simply representing my absurd measurement- apples to apples comparison is needed. ou have one appple and one orange.

Dont forget that one bios might be programmed to be more aggressive with halt states. By using wpcredit and setting my Epox to idle the processor better I drop 10 degrees C or more easily.

Back