WoW Stress Test/Open Beta Signups @ fileplanet

Looks like they've got too much traffic, the message I got from it anyway..

I've signed up and got a key already, so it was working at one point right before I posted.

I registered, 3 months for 16$ but got a server error when ending the transaction. They charged my cc, got the welcome email but I'm still a basic user :mad: :mad: :mad:

so will people be able to get into open beta with bullshit fileplanet account?

f*#k fileplanet I'm not paying for anything just to play a week long stress test

For those who wish to wait until the free open beta starts to join in, we will be releasing information about signups for that in the week ahead. The exact duration of the final stress test has not yet been determined; however, the free open beta test will begin shortly after the final stress test is brought to a close. Please stay tuned to WorldofWarcraft.com for more information

the open beta will be here soon enough, i'll just continue waiting for that

this link is not working ... sites are down or over loaded ...

anyone got a download link ??

Lucky for me I got my CD Key before the chaos of everybody in the world try to log on to fileplanet for the stress test II and open beta application :pJust look a the chaos in the battle.net forums of how some people didn't even get their CD Keys yet :p

WoW sounds great! However ... I REFUSE to pay for a FilePlanet subscription to 'participate' in the Stress Test. Again ... I'll wait.

krusty50 said:
I registered, 3 months for 16$ but got a server error when ending the transaction. They charged my cc, got the welcome email but I'm still a basic user :mad: :mad: :mad:

Same here. I"m friggin pissed and their tech support can't answer me properly.

wooooah doggie
I just got a confirmation email from fileplanet with a link to download ... im getting 700kb/s
teh servers are fine ... its just the login that is screwed

The intro movie is bad ass! As for those of you who are griping about fileplanet... Gotta ask yourself "What's $16/quarter for unlimited/no wait downloads and beta perks out the whazoo?" Anyway... signup servers are slooooooow right now. Guess they forgot to upgrade them along with their game servers. :p

I ended up getting about half of it then started over using the http server in australia. Just finished the d/l, steady 278k/s the entire time.

As far as fileplanet, pay or don't. It's no skin off my back and I was a member prior to this so this is just a bonus. Free games, plenty of subscriber betas(this one, the previous stress test, EQ2, Matrix Online, Tribes beta, AoX, Ground Control 2 are some I can think of) and no searching around for good file servers. It's worth it to me, but maybe not to everyone *shrug*

I think blizzard's sign up server must have fried. Been trying to create my account since I got home from work and it never gets past the authentication key screen.

Are they going to open the stress test up to the public later ? say without a FilePlanet subscription ?

theNoid said:
Are they going to open the stress test up to the public later ? say without a FilePlanet subscription ?

This stress test is only for fileplanet members. Once it ends though, it turns straight into the open beta for which anyone can sign up. People in this stress test will have their toons carry over into the open beta and get to play slightly earlier I believe.

Did anyone elses's paypal account get really fucked up? While I was verfying my account fileplanet got an error and said to hit back and try again. It did the same thing and my account was charged TWICE. I am so pissed off right now and none of their customer serverice reps answer the damned phone.

i ordered via paypal about 20min ago and im still a basic member, i called em up and their voice recording said they were under a lot of load updating peoples subscriptions because of WoW, oh well...

Anbydoy got a decent download site or a real torrent. I have the key and all but the clinet is gonna take ages to download with their crappt BT front end.

amen to Visa.

Guys, if you can avoid it, don't use Paypal for serious bills.

Not to mention I can call Visa up and stop payment if I am getting screwed.

So, if you are over 18 and have a job, go get a credit card. (Use it responsibly!)

Kinda odd that we are "paying" for this and fileplanet can't even supply the client. :rolleyes:

It's actually not that bad if you sign up for the basic fileplanet, think it is $7.90. Renting 2 movies would cost even more. Plus, you get to play a week in advance, and have your character carry over when open starts (less camping when open beta starts, you'll be at a higher level).

bullshit.jpg

This sucks. Just took 30 seconds to check my email with the bandwidth sucking app open.

i cancelled my annual fileplanet subscription, but it doesn't run out till sometime this month or next

"Congratulations! You have been accepted into the World of Warcraft® Final Stress Test and Open Beta.

Your unique World of Warcraft Open Beta key is reserved for you! Guaranteed!!! Due to high demand, we are distributing keys in groups. You will get your key as soon as your group is released. Please do not resubmit your information because it will not get you in any faster. Watch for your Final Stress Test and Open Beta key email and have fun! "

So whats with the groups crap? The way they made it sound, was sign up and get a key right away. Now they are saying "Thanks for giving us your money, now sit and wait for us to email you the key....and wait and wait"

How long for groups? 1 group an hour or 1 group per day or what? Anyone know?

Plus, it would be nice to download the client while waiting for my key email, but no, they don't let you download it until you get your email. Thats pretty annoying too....

At this point I wouldn't worry about having to wait. I've had my key for a while and still can't access the damn account server to create my account.

oh im 19 and i have a credit card, i just had extra cash in my paypal account and wanted to use it

I wanna know what kinda cars the people at Blizzard are gonna be driving after the final Release of WOW :D :D

Sky15 said:
How many MB is the download?

About 2.5 gigs -- pretty [h]ard ;) core

This is the first time I ever saw FP this overloaded....I usually DL at 3.2+Mbps (3200kbps) thats extremely fast...Doubt I will get that lucky...O well I let it DL over night.

how about a link for the fileplanet download? anyone? I am already in the closed beta..

-Bedlam

Back