WoW PVP stories - Share yours!

Direwolf20

2[H]4U
Its 7:55pm EST. Stargate SG1 is about to start, I'm level 49 (Warlock) and in Felwood. I decide to go sit in a little house for a bit, put on my /afk flag, and watch some TV. I don't want to logoff so I can kill a couple things during commercial, so I sit at my desk.

A level 53 rogue walks into the house, and looks at me. I see this happening, but my /afk flag is on still. I wonder "Will he do it?". Lo and Behold, he goes invis. A few seconds later he backstabs me.

Immediately I jump up and fear him. I curse him with 3 stacked DoT spells, in moments he's taking some serious damage every second or 2. I start with shadowbolt, and just as fear wears off I cast it, causing some nice damage. I then use shadowburn, which is an insta-cast DD, immediately as the shadowbolt hits him. Hes low on health, so I fear him again, and let my dots finish him. Keep in mind, I did NOT have a pet out. I go stand over his corpse and do a /laugh emote. Then go back inside.

This time, I figure he'll come back for more. So I get out my succubus pet and put her into Invis. I lay on the bed inside the cabin and put on my /afk. I figure if he has half a brain he'll see that for the trap that it is. 15-20 minutes later, guess who walks in? That same rogue, who is 4 levels above me. I watch as he bandages himself up, presumably from just ressing at his corpse. He stares at me for a good minute or 2 before going invis. This time I had see invis on, so I watched him creep over to me. As soon as he backstabs me, I tell my succubus to mez him. Hes sitting there, nice and asleep. I back up and start casting my soulburn, a 6 second (LONG) cast time that eats a soulshard, but does a nice 700-800 damage. That wakes him up, and I sick my pet on him, along with an insta-dot. Then I fear him so I can get the other 2 dots on him, and away he goes. A quick shadowbolt later and he's deader than a doornail. I walk over and start ingesting his corpse, to heal the little damage he does. Nothing says "Ha Ha!" like eating your opponents corpse.

Back into the house. Pets invis, me laying on the bed with /afk on. No way he'll come back a 3rd time and fall for it, right? Humorously, I underestimated his gullibility. Not 10 minutes goes by and guess who's back. This time I watch him, again, stare at me, then go invis. I again had my pet invis, so I let her mez him right after he backstabs me. This time I mix it up a little. A couple dots, then a fear as hes running towards me. I shadowbolt, him again and he's nice and low. I start laughing as he runs towards me and I put a snare on him. He can't keep up as I kite him around, just laughing and letting my dots slowly but surely tick his health away. As he drops, I ingest his corpse yet again. Mmmm, night elves taste like chicken.

I never saw him again.

Nice story. I guess the members of the alliance are as clueless on your server as they are on mine. I don't have anything that funny other than anytime that the alliance attack me when they are >15 levels below me. Sad really, I hate giving them a spanking but if they insist. By all means.

nice read :D

not knowing WOW, I thought this was going to be like the time I was in town in diablo when some loser killed me and took my stuff. this was just after the cheats came out and in town killing was possible. I cannot explain how f'ing mad I was at that. I've been skewed ever since for multi online play but brings me to ask about wow. if I started wow now, is it still fun at level 1 or do the higher level characters ruin/affect the game play?

EDIT: ah ok thanks for the info. I'll read about instead of buggin ya'll
EDIT x2: great thread! keep up the stories

Only depends on if you play on PVP server. Although the starting areas are set so that you have to initiate PVP with another player since they are controlled by your faction, once you venture out to the other areas that are contested you're free game. And it's a cruel world.

G'ßöö said:
nice read :D

not knowing WOW, I thought this was going to be like the time I was in town in diablo when some loser killed me and took my stuff. this was just after the cheats came out and in town killing was possible. I cannot explain how f'ing mad I was at that. I've been skewed ever since for multi online play but brings me to ask about wow. if I started wow now, is it still fun at level 1 or do the higher level characters ruin/affect the game play?

Give it a try, there will always be lower level characters. Either they are just getting the game like you, or they have a higher level character, but wanted to start a new one to try it out.

It'll be fun, don't worry ;).

I play on a PvE server, so it is a little different.

But anyway,

I just completed an Alliance quest, so Im heading back to the Zoram strand, to turn it in (that guy sitting by the campfire. And as I am approaching him ... I see an orc hunter 7 levels higher. Just before I get to the NPC he opens fire and kills the npc. Now I dont know if he was just stupid ... or ... well .. whatever. He did not realize that this raised his pvp flag. So I very slowly walked over with my Paladin (ALT) and stunned him then proceeded to beat him to a pulp, all the while he was running away, trying to get to the town on teh southern coast of the strand. Needless to say ... he did not get there.

So I was questing in Desolace the other day, and while grinding mobs for a quest an equal level horde hunter strolls by. At this point I’m pretty weary, but I don’t attack. After about 30 seconds of stare down, he throws up his hunter’s mark and it’s on. Now I pretty much destroy him and his pet. I’m a pally, and I didn’t have to use LoH. I went to camp to turn in a quest, came back, and he was there. He looks me up and down, and throws down his hunter’s mark again. This happened 4 times. I never initiated the fight, and I soundly beat him all four times. I was frustrated because all I wanted to do was get my level-up. But he kept attacking. I don’t know if it’s just general contempt for pally’s or if he was trying to learn some strategies for PvP or what, but I was glad when my questing finally took me out that area.

Has this ever happened to any of you? It got to the point where I was running away from him because I didn’t want to waste my time killing him again. Just go away. I beat you before, and I’m going to kill you again if you don’t go away. Hell, you don't even have to go away. Just stop attacking me!!!

I had an unlucky streak the other day with PVP.

I was sitting down after a fight, I must have been 48 back then, a couple days before my story above. A level 52 priest comes riding by on a horse. She gets off, waves at me, and says "1 - 1 ?". Thats new, I said to myself :). So I /nod to let her know I accept. Once we're ready, we count do 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Its on.

She lays a fear on me, and I go running, but I'm an undead warlock, so I simply WotF and I'm outta fear. I fear her, and shes off running, but she has already laid her priestly dots on me. I can tell shes shadowspec'd, so I know this will be hard. She breaks out of fear pretty easy, and gets me with another cast. I use a healthstone and Deathcoil and I'm back in the game. But suddenly a bear agro'd me. So she helps me kill the bear, and we start over.

This time it starts similiarly, but my WotF, Deathcoil, and healthstone have been used, so I can't use them again. She got me pretty good. I res with the soulstone and salute her, and she rides off.

Overall a good fight :). I lost, but I didn't feel too bad.

I am lvl 55 hunter and I was joined by 2 lvl 60s to help take out a group of horde gankers in STV at Nessingway Camp. There were 5 lvl 60s all from a guild called Dread Guard. We easily took out all 5 of them with just 3 of us about 4 times or so. Then 5 more "Dread Guard" lvl 60s showed up and finally took us down 1 by 1 then camped us for about 15 min before I finally just left and went to bed.

Direwolf20 said:
I never saw him again.

Problem is most PvP melee classes never keep free action and haste potions on hand. If they did they would be a bit more difficult to deal with. Funny watching a dr00d think they can root a melee class until it is to late. However at 1 gold for 5 pots of each is chump change at level 50+. He should have had stacks of them.

Thirty seconds of free action by a rogue is pretty much your death. The only consolation is they probally paid for the pot and will probally still die anyways because of your dots :)

Your class knowledge intelligence coupled with their stupidity equates to your win. So great job on killing stupid people. I wish we coud do it more often :D

-tReP

XBLiNKX said:
I am lvl 55 hunter and I was joined by 2 lvl 60s to help take out a group of horde gankers in STV at Nessingway Camp. There were 5 lvl 60s all from a guild called Dread Guard. We easily took out all 5 of them with just 3 of us about 4 times or so. Then 5 more "Dread Guard" lvl 60s showed up and finally took us down 1 by 1 then camped us for about 15 min before I finally just left and went to bed.

downhammer server? i mean laghammer? I mean doomhammer?

Ashenvale is under attack as normal. The world defense is going off for like 3 minutes. So im thinking this is going to be an awsome raid. So I HS to darkshore and take the flight. The whole time im thinking, "I hope there is a lot of 50+". So I land and there is a raid party about 10 strong. Problem is they are all between 20-40 with a 56 warrior and mage. There is a 20 and 25 rogue and a few teens on the alliance side. I am stocked on shards 24 large, so I am ready for a fight. I head into the house and grab succubus. i put her on invis and soul link with her. I walk into the middle of them and release a howl at the same time I charm the warrior and curse the mage. Soulfire, shadowburn, and charm on the warrior puts him at 1200dmg and he is back charmed. Toss on 3 Dots with amp curse and fear and he is done. I toss another soul link, immolation poition, fire resisit poition, and hellfire takes down all of the low levels that the rogues have been taking on. The mage is dead already by one of the rogues. The enitre raid party is dead and I release a hardy ROFL. I heal up eat a mana biscuit and walk around.

I think they all have left so I am walking to the griff to head back to BRS and THEY ALL rez and attack me at once. I get 3 of them down but die a horrible death. I have my soul stored so a few of the horde who mind you have just rezzed laugh at me. I hit the soul stone and insta cast on all of them before they have a chance to react. I release a howl and they all die running around. I then go and hide underneath the bridge. I see them all running back and curse them all again and watch them all die.

A low level alliance yells at me telling me to leave them alone they are trying to retreat. I proceed to tell her. "They ALL attacked me, and a WARLOCK never forgets".

She tells me to roll a horde, I put her name on my "to kill list" and log on to my undead rogue alt which is in ashenvale. She is still flagged, so I stealth backstab, kill her and laugh.

So ends my tale of WOW. Thanks for reading this Novel :)

I was helping a guildie quest in Badlands today, we were just killing random mobs, minding our own bussiness. He's a lvl 38 war, i'm a 43 shaman. This 44 human rogue runs by us in his mount, seemingly ignoring us, but as soon as he passed us he dismounted and stealthed, i tell my buddy to keep attackign the mobs as i chug a mana pot. so the rogue backstabs me as soon as the mob is dead, i throw a bind and fire shock him, the war chagres and thunderclaps, and when he claps another 42 rogue appears on the screen. i melee the 44 rogue, shock heal, shock heal, until he starts running. then i shock him again for the finish, and look up to see the other rogue finish off my friend. this upsets me, so i'm at about 1/2 health, 1/5 mana, so i heal myself and start melee. Now in pvp i jump and twist my opponents, this guy had obviously never seen this, cause he kept using his arrow keys to turn oh so slowly. i just pounded him with WF and the shocked him for the finish. when i was done rexing my friend i saluted them both and rode off. poor guys, they thought they had us :)

i was in the blasted lands finishing off an easy mob, (me being a 58 rogue)

he cheap shots me, takes two swings, barely hurts me. i do the following:
cast evasion
vanish
cheap shot him
SS
SS
cold blood
eviscerate for 1300

at this point he gets scared and tries to back away to sprint off, i see this so i:

sprint
preperation
vanish
Cheap shot.
SS
SS
cold blood
eviscerate,

bye bye rogue :) i got more of a pump in the way i annihiled him so hard versus anything else in the game so far.

A while back, like back when vanish worked. A group of 4-5 horde got one of my guildies. Unluckily they then proceded to cross my path, now there is no way I could take 5v1 but I could make one of them pay dearly. So as soon as they were done fighting some mobs and their mage sat down I ambushed him and then finished him and then vanished, right in the middle of thier group. Then I waited and did it twice more before I decided meh they had enough, lesson taught, but I did find the poor mage again later along the road :)

Last night I was in Ganksbrad (Hillsbrad) working through a series a quests. When i'm running "off" the roads I all of a sudden see the tell tale red glitchy stripe along the screen (usually indicating an alliance punk). I figuring oh-boy...probally some 50+ alliance looking for an easy low level 30 kill. I put up my defenses and prepare do tie.

I slowly creap closer and see it is a 42 hunter killing spiders. Here is me with my 30 priest and I figure what the hell...if a 60 warrior will wait till I engage a mob before he attacks me I might as well return the favor. The hunter should "own" this mob but soon as the fight starts I just DOT (both plague and pain) the guy and wait. The mob is about 95% dead but hunter is at 50%. Why the hunter didn't figure out he had been engaged in PvP I don't know.

Finally the hunter turns around and beings to attack back. I charge him and his pet and hit the old fear button (pscyhic scream). He as his pet go running. Hit him with a MindBlast + Flay. He starts running back at about 3/4 dead and redot and another blast. I sit there as he hits me and he dies.

Opportunity sometimes presents itself in wierd ways. In a straight up fight I should have lost...but in this case the wussy grayed out level 23 spider was my hero. Ganking is fun sometimes.

-tReP

Trepidati0n said:
Why the hunter didn't figure out he had been engaged in PvP I don't know.

Sometimes I have trouble noticing extra dot's or debuffs on my screen. I even have a mod which makes them more obvious. I just kind of subconsciously don't even notice. For some reason, I don't EVER notice a priest's dots, even when I am dueling (and KNOW its a priest). I just ignore those little icons. He probably was focused on the spider and didn't care to pay any attention to his debuffs ;).

Me and a couple of guys were doing some quests down around Pyrewood Village (one of the elite ones)... We're all like 17s or 18s... And there are 3 or so of us.

Suddenly a lvl 24 comes strolling up on us. Normally, not a big deal... Hopefully ignore him and he'll go away, right? Well, I believe we were all 3 Warlocks and had voidwalkers out. Someone's voidwalker either went aggro, or he told him to attack... Either way, voidwalker started to attack the Alliance guy. So, seeing as he's going to attack one, we may as well all attack.

So, 3 of us start to attack simultaneously. He ran off. Quickly. I like to use the regular 'Lock combo (Corruption, Curse of agony and immolate), and I think that was about all I got through before he turned tail and ran.

Ok, heres one that just happened.

I went to the hinterlands to finish a quest at about 2am last night. i get to the area and there are two undead there, a 43 war and a 39 priest, so i say hi, and i point out the two NE rogues that are dead beside them. They said that the rogues had been ganking people all night and so the undead just ganked them. i laughed, went about my bussines, well as soon as i turn the two NEs backstab me, the priest throws a heal my way, and i bind, frost, searing totem the rogues. the preist then fears em both, we party up and i drop a WFtotem. the rogues stealth, come back and we destroy them. they were lvl 48 and 47. we were 43, 45, and 39. not bad, then a 3rd rogue joins in , 46. we take him down. so we figure ok they tried, failed will come back. we start fighting mobs, and i'm at about 3/4 health and they sap me. well, the priest fights as hard as he can, but 3v1 just coun't handle, the war takes one down, when i recover i heal the war, and start hacking at the 4. i dont know if he just didn't no i was hitting him ,lag, or what but he kept attacking the war, i healed the war and i took that one out. at this point i have no mana, the war intimate shouts the last rogue and i chase him down and beat him. i reez the priest and we think they are done. they come back 6 times! 6 times! WTF?!?! we be em down after that, but i mean, jesus i just wanted to kills some fucking trolls......damn alliance.

XBLiNKX said:

Are you on Sargeras? Dread Guard is huge there. In fact, on Sargeras, there are more horde than alliance :eek:

Another fun story..

I was in 1k needles last night trying to get the eggs for a level 30 quest. I finished off one mob and got an add. Finished it off and the low and behold an alliance 36 hunter ganks. I knew I was going to die and ran up and hugged him and bowed. Finally the first time I haven't been killed by a 60 in a long time (two or three weeks).

So I run back and get my corpse. Find a corner to hide in and heal/spell up. I run out looking for Mr. Hunter. Here he is about 25% health (why a hunter even gets hit I don't know) fighting a mob who is at 75% health. I figure...time for payback. I Mindblast him and he is down to a sliver of health. Mob finishes him off. I feel sorta bad since it was a NPC death and not a PvP death and he lost durability. Oh well.

So I go on for my last two eggs and guess what as I run past Mr. Hunter's corpse (not intentionally) he pops at ~25% health and attacks me w/o his pet (I would have let him live if he didn't attack me...I don't take cheap shots). I decide to fear him so I can toy with him since I know i'll win. He runs but the funny part is runs into a pack of 3 mobs. He dies again. Another durability loss.

Get my last two eggs and head out.

I still wonder today why he would think that I wouldn't come back for my corpse and not try and exact revenge. A hunter class w/o the element of suprise is good fodder for most classes. A hunter w/ the element of suprise is plain evil. Silly alliance...silly they are.

-tReP

Had a good experience today, thought I'd share it.

Last night, me and Drae (we're both [H] Guildies) were in Ashenvale. Drae says something about this Hunter that's killing him... So, I head for him as we were separated at the time. We find the Hunter as he's being aggroed by a bear. His pet is taken by the bear, so we go after him. He turned tale and ran, but we caught and killed him.

Fast forward to this morning.

I go to finish Satyr Horns at Xavian, and I'll be damned if I didn't get attacked by the same guy. Well, since I'm in the middle of a fight, he obviously kills me. I run back, try again, and die...

So, I rethink my strategy a little. I set my Void to attack him, hit him with Immolate, Corruption and Curse of Agony, then fear his pet. Then quickly set to Shadow bolting him. He dies fairly quickly.

He runs back to his corpse, heals up, and I attack him again. Same story as before. And he dies again.

At this point I'm thinking he's logged. Nope. I go down into Satyrnaar and I think he was going after a lvl 25 (he's a 29). So, I attack him again. And he dies.

I ended up killing him 4 times in total before he logged or rezzed at the graveyard.

Yeah, I feel a little bad for corpse camping, but A) he started this round, and B) we now have an even record.

Bob002 said:
Had a good experience today, thought I'd share it.

Last night, me and Drae (we're both [H] Guildies) were in Ashenvale. Drae says something about this Hunter that's killing him... So, I head for him as we were separated at the time. We find the Hunter as he's being aggroed by a bear. His pet is taken by the bear, so we go after him. He turned tale and ran, but we caught and killed him.

Fast forward to this morning.

I go to finish Satyr Horns at Xavian, and I'll be damned if I didn't get attacked by the same guy. Well, since I'm in the middle of a fight, he obviously kills me. I run back, try again, and die...

So, I rethink my strategy a little. I set my Void to attack him, hit him with Immolate, Corruption and Curse of Agony, then fear his pet. Then quickly set to Shadow bolting him. He dies fairly quickly.

He runs back to his corpse, heals up, and I attack him again. Same story as before. And he dies again.

At this point I'm thinking he's logged. Nope. I go down into Satyrnaar and I think he was going after a lvl 25 (he's a 29). So, I attack him again. And he dies.

I ended up killing him 4 times in total before he logged or rezzed at the graveyard.

Yeah, I feel a little bad for corpse camping, but A) he started this round, and B) we now have an even record.

I waved at that hunter last night. Was not going to fight him, as hunters are easy for my lvl 29 warrior, but he attacked first, and was pwned.

I kept running into a rogue with a large 2 handed sword in Ashenvale. Yup you heard it correct a Rogue with a 2 handed sword .... silly alliance. I knocked this guy off a few times, and then he brough a level 34 priest with him. So they got me once, then a rez and start running towards ashenvale .... just as I get near the entrance .... I realize there are no guards there. Strange I thought. Upon getting a little closer I see some guild raided ashenvale. Well the two alliance followed me in and they both got pwned.

Poor stupid Alliance.

Last night I had a great time :).

I'm level 59 now (warlock), and I was in Arathi Highlands, running around doing a little patrol. I see a level 20 warlock on his way for his succubus to wetlands, so I escorted him.

Then I come back, and hear theres a handful of alliance near town. I ride up, and its 3-4 characters, around levels 35-45. They are currently engaged (and winning) against 2-3 horde. So I run up, lay my dots on them, and just grin. The dots finish off all of them, and the horde was victorious!!

Then I'm riding along, and spy a 60 mage on his mount. Ugly little gnome too. So I wave at him, and he dismounts and poly's me. Sheesh, I was being nice ;).

I get blasted with firebolt, then i healthstone and fear him. Lay my dots on, and we're duking it out. He finishes me off with about 20% of his health left. I use my soulstone :D . Now he's running away, I chase him laying my insta-cast dots on again, and finally finish him with a deathcoil.

bonkrowave said:
I waved at that hunter last night. Was not going to fight him, as hunters are easy for my lvl 29 warrior, but he attacked first, and was pwned.

Poor stupid Alliance.

Was his name Eldienor or something like that? Same guy if it was. He was lvl 27 at about 2 this morning, and then lvl 29 when I hit him around 10ish.

PvPLog helps with that kind of thing. :D

Two nights ago we did naked PvP. How does it work? You take everything off and can only use spells that "snare" your opponent. You then go to an area ~high 30's and pummel them to death with your fists. It is funny as hell beating the crap out of a 40 gnome wizzy with your fists and consistantly win. Orcs are funny when naked. We even went to stormragarde and killed some elites with our fists (actually had to heal).

Last night (I wasn't there) the guild did a farmers revolt on Tich. The requirements is that the only armor you can wear are overals and the only weapons allowed are farm impliments. You must also get a chicken from shimmering flats. The guild proceeded into alliance territory killing everything in sight (about 20 level 50-60 toons). They made it all the way to the alliance main city and had fun. They even sat and waited for the train. :D There is a post on the WoW Tich forums about it with links to pictures. Funny stuff.

PvP doesn't have to always be serious. Sometimes its fun to do "crazy" things to lighten it up. You remember playing Doom with nothing but chainsaws..right?

-tReP

I went on the test server and killed a 60 rogue. He sapped me, and went to finish off a guard. He forgot about me tho and went to the next guard. I dropped earthbind and just shoced him into next week. then i left. mediocre story......oh well. i'm lvl 53.

hehe just had this one. i was one bulb away from leveling (35 warrior). so i'm makin my way to turn in a quest to hopefully level. as i get close i see a rogue two levels higher than me, now normally i really love it when rogues try and jump me (well ones that are within 5 levels of me) b/c i just do retaliation and overpower em to death. but i had used a retaliation on a bunch of mobs so it was still cooling down. as we pass, he stealths and i immedietely expect a CS, so i strafe to the left and just try and get to the quest turn in. when i get there, i turn in the quest and get my 2.5k, but i don't level. i'm literally 145xp away from leveling. so i make way over to a random mob to kill it and level, as i'm fighting the mob, i aggro a second mob. and start to take some heavy hits, at about half way down i get Cheap shotted from that same rogue i saw earlier. i get down to about 10% health when the execute pops up on those original two mobs. just as i kill the mob, i level BOOM full health and full rage against 1 rogue, now only one level higher than me.

needless to say he didn't survive. :)

Ok, my story. The other day I took some time to just explore a little. I randomly walked around stranglethorn, and then up into alliance territory to get a feel for it (I've only ever played horde, so never seen those zones). Anyway, I was in some teen-level zone, and got aggroed by a lvl 32 guard (I'm lvl 34). I killed the guard, but was now PvP flagged. I figured I'd be ok, and if I died, so be it.

Anyway, I continue exploring and soon pass a lvl 22 gnome warlock. I wave and watch as he finishes off the mob he's fighting, then clap for him. I walk away and continue on my way. A few minutes later, I'm randomly looking at the sights when out of nowhere, I'm feared...

The gnome had called a bunch of his alliance friends, and there were like a good half-dozen toons in their mid-teens through mid-20's now attacking me. I put up a valiant fight, but with no pet and totally unprepared, I soon fell.

Fortunately, I had a soulstone on. As soon as they left, I popped back up, brought out my fell hunter, and buffed up. They went into some city area where I guess some of them were grinding. I sent an eye out to scout, and saw them all in different parts of the same small area.

Anyway, I go in guns blazing like in Tombstone, shadow bolting, Doting, and fearing all these little greys. some others tried to put up a fight, but being prepared and having the element of surprise, I was able to take out their whole little force by myself.

Anyway, I learned my lesson. Yes, I was killing greys, but when a big group of them teams up and catches you off guard, they can and will take you down (especially as a caster).

My hunter was on level 21 one day when I was running back to Astranaar from the Zoram Strand. I heard that horde were coming in from behind me, (still a few minutes off), so I throw on aspect of the cheetah, and start hauling ass towards Astranaar. Just as I get to the top of the hill going through methil's post (or whatever it is), I see a 23 Orc Warrior, just finishing up some food. I'm feeling a bit cocky, so I throw on hunters mark and wait for my pet to catch up. Right when I stands up, I send my pet (21 rake) after him. The warrior gets all distracted and takes about 5 seconds to find me. He looks at me, starts running, and I get lucky with a Concussive shot and stun him. While he is stunned, I nail him with a serpent sting, and all the while my pet is still attacking him. He then quickly gets up to me, so I don't get that many shots up. He probably thought I was screwed at that point. Wrong. Since I still had on aspect of the cheetah, I ran at him, nailed him with a wingclip, got behind him, and started pummeling from range. He ran up to me again, and I just meleed and raptor striked him till dead. Total damage count? My pet - 100% health. Me - 60% health. Times dazed - 0. So of course, while I'm celebrating over his body, the horde raiding party catches up and 1-hit kills me. The end.

I was outside of TM last night (50 rogue) and engage a 60 troll rogue who has just popped out of hiding with an ambush and proceeded to utterly destroyed a 60 gnome cloth wearer...either he was a warlock or a mage that's too stupid to blink. After the ambush he used the old circle/straffe, then eviscerate to finish him off.

I'm stealthed, mash sprint and glide over to him before he can restealth. By his reaction I think he sees me coming, but either he didn't have the energy for a gouge or didn't hit the button quick enough..whatever. After I CS, backstab, SS, as he just starts to move I then miss my kidney shot. We're all alone and he comes out of the stun, not much worse for wear. Much to my shock, nobody has really noticed, so I'm all alone. I figured it probably wasn't going to go well, but a large dose of luck saves the day for yours truly. He instantly starts circle/straffing me and I mash evasion and decide to do the same circle straffing. Did I mention I get lucky? When I start circling I'm doing the same loop as him, only I'm right behind him. Our circling isn't exactly identical, so he gets off a SS or two. After I get two crit backstabs in a row I mash KS again. This time it works for a 4 second , so I pop a thistle tea and finish him off with 2 more backstabs.

I ended the fight with 80% of my health and was congratulated by several alliance rogues. They thought I was just some kind of badass of the highest order. Tonight I'll probably dispel little misconception in the first 30 minutes.

skill > any class...however, sometimes luck > skill.

So I'm at STV, really bored and looking for alliance to kill.. I check up in nes's tents and notice a 49mage and 50warlock. I am a lvl 48mage at the time. They also noticed me and started coming after me..

I ran around the area trying to lose them, and noticed that only the mage was still coming after me.. I was initially trying to get rid of her, but she pissed me off so much by following me too long.. I said what the hell.. I'll give her a suprise

I dismount / Presence of Mind (insta cast anyspell) and sheep her as soon as I get off the horse.. I would just love to see the big WTF on her face at that moment when I'm getting ready to unleash my fury on her.. There she is thinking I'm running away from her, I'm the prey and she's the hunter.. haha..

I cast a fireball / counter spell / scorch / fireblast/ scorch/ at this point she counter spells me.. so i start circleing around her, staying in her back making it very hard for her to cast any spells.. She doesnt even think about sheeping me or casting AoE spells. As soon as I get back my casting ability, I cast IAE / IAE / IAE and she is dead.. I might have even wasted a couple IAE's, what an overkill.. heh

That was the most satisfying PvP encounter I had to date

Polymorph is fun in PvP situations. I don't PvP much, but back when my mage (now L20) was around L9 or so, he got challenged to a duel by a rogue. First thing I did was sheep 'em, /yawn, wait a few seconds for effect, then frost nova and blast him from a distance. Lowbie rogues don't handle roots very well apparently...

And as a hunter, I find Hunter's Mark to be a great tool just to bug people with, especially because it works at really long range. On occasion when I get mixed up in the standard Southshore/Tarren Mill raids that seem to happen nightly on Garona, I'll just hang back and toss Hunter's Marks around just to make 'em run around with the big "Eat at Joe's" sign (as one person on another board put it) for a few minutes.

Direwolf20 said:
Sometimes I have trouble noticing extra dot's or debuffs on my screen. I even have a mod which makes them more obvious. I just kind of subconsciously don't even notice. For some reason, I don't EVER notice a priest's dots, even when I am dueling (and KNOW its a priest). I just ignore those little icons. He probably was focused on the spider and didn't care to pay any attention to his debuffs ;).

I was questing with a priest tonight, and I never noticed when she'd cast buffs on me, much less when she'd cast debuffs on someone else...

Vexorg said:
Polymorph is fun in PvP situations. I don't PvP much, but back when my mage (now L20) was around L9 or so, he got challenged to a duel by a rogue. First thing I did was sheep 'em, /yawn, wait a few seconds for effect, then frost nova and blast him from a distance. Lowbie rogues don't handle roots very well apparently...

And as a hunter, I find Hunter's Mark to be a great tool just to bug people with, especially because it works at really long range. On occasion when I get mixed up in the standard Southshore/Tarren Mill raids that seem to happen nightly on Garona, I'll just hang back and toss Hunter's Marks around just to make 'em run around with the big "Eat at Joe's" sign (as one person on another board put it) for a few minutes.

I was dueling a member of my guild who at the time was 15 levels higher than me on my mage, and I scared the crap out of her when I used Poly on her. Apparently, she'd never seen it before, and her screams of "what the hell is going on!" will echo to my pleasure for a long time. :)

I was in STV real late one night with my 43 level warlock, and still needed to complete the Curse of the Tides quest in the Vile Reef. No one else seemed to be around, and I was just going to solo it. I get down to the alter, and get Gazban to appear. I back up and just let my felhunter beat on it. Unfortunately, I found out that if you move out of melee range of Gazban, he just starts evading. While I was trying to figure out what the hell was going wrong, a troll rogue decides to stick his daggers in my back. After recovering from the stun, I was running kinda low on health (maybe down to a third), and so I cast fear and my couple instant DoTs on him. The fear took him straight into the swarm of murlocs beside the altar. The murlocs started beating on him, and I threw a couple shadowbolts and a death coil at him, and he was dead. I laughed so hard it hurt.

Another time with my warlock, I was just fishing off of the pier for the boat to Theremore in Menithil Harbor. It was late at night, I didn't have any quests I was interested in doing solo, and my alt needed oily blackmouths and firefin snappers. I didn't even have any pet summoned at the time. I noticed a small amount of chatter on the local defence about Dun Modr and Dun Algaz being attacked. I wasn't concerned, as it was probably just some horde running to the Badlands. A little later on, there was a local defence announcement for Menithil. I looked around and didn't see any other players nearby (alliance or horde). At that point, I decided it would probably be a good idea to have my felhunter out (with paranoia active). I set him on agressive, and proceeded to keep fishing. A few minutes pass, and suddenly my fellhunter starts running down the pier. I call him back and set him back to defence, and watch. I then see an undead level 33 rogue take out an npc at the very end of the pier. I run halfway to him, stop, and throw up my demon armor. I'm kind of dumbfounded as to why he is there (What the hell is a 33 level horde rogue doing on a pier where level 40+ alliance usually hang out anyway?). He then ducks behind the cart at the end of the peir. I give him a minute to reconsider where he is. I then throw my felhunter on agressive again, and it runs toward the cart, and hits the rogue a couple times. I throw on a couple DoTs on him and he jumps off the end of the pier. I follow him into the water, and a couple searing pains later, he is dead.
Moral of this story: when a higher level enemy gives you the chance to run... don't wait, just run.

Back