WoW on dial-up

i'm on dial-up

i play everquest 2 with no noticeable slow down (to my suprise)

my brother is going to start playing WoW

he wants me to play too

wondering what people's experiences of WoW on dial-up are...

i imagine if you join a fairly unpopulated server i think you'd be fine.

and by fairly unpopulated i mean obscure and you need to look for it. :(

I played on Illidian with dial up. It runs fine.

The only lag you'll get is when you're either:

In Iron forge, this lags ANYONE cause it's so crowded and things.

and in very crowded pvp raids.

Otherwise it plays fine.

If you're worried about overpopulation they just opened up like 5 or more new servers to start characters on for WoW. So if you and your bro start on one of those you guys should be fine. New servers have been up for only a week or so and should be fairly empty.

Dial up makes customers cry because it is the only thing available for a lot of people.

it'twould be a nice thing if broadband was available. For some reason we still have no idea of how to get a fast, affordable signal to everyone's house.

i live in a soccer mom suburb that voted to keep Qwest out of town and allow locally mom and pop run "Sleepy Eye phone company" to rule the town.

praeda tibi said:
you live in a major metropolitan area that DOESNT offer broadband? i'd move.

I live over a mile outside a town of 800 people in northwoods WI, and I get great DSL service. I have a hard time believing that you can't get at least cable internet anywhere in Minneapolis.

brom42 said:
I live over a mile outside a town of 800 people in northwoods WI, and I get great DSL service. I have a hard time believing that you can't get at least cable internet anywhere in Minneapolis.

I also have a hard time believing that. I have yet to see a place that could not get cable. Almost everyone i know of has the option to get cable but they don't cause its exspensive. And therefore they go the 56k route.

Seraphim974 said:
i live in a soccer mom suburb that voted to keep Qwest out of town and allow locally mom and pop run "Sleepy Eye phone company" to rule the town.

My parents live in Minneapolis, you can get roadrunner can't you? They have it.

How do i find out what is avilable. the reason that i thought that this was all that was available is because me brother used to live in this same area and moved because he couldn't get broadband. It may be that there is broadband available but it is pricy. i will have to ask him what was up.

Seraphim974 said:

Which suburb?

Back