yza

Weaksauce
**WARNING NOT 56k FRIENDLY**

1900x1200 4xAA 16xAS
ofcourse my frames are crap on a 3200+ and x800xl :(

**EDIT**

pic with new skin face pack.

Cadaver said:
It would look even better with the high resolution skin pack on.

I was just about to say that. That HiRes skin pack skirts the line of reason when your brain looks at a character and knows its fake but, damn, it does look real.

ninethreeeleven said:
I was just about to say that. That HiRes skin pack skirts the line of reason when your brain looks at a character and knows its fake but, damn, it does look real.

Link for the lazy?

I moved to a GTX from an XL because I wanted to play my games at 1920*1200. Couldn't be happier. I pull it off in FEAR with just softshadows off. Ah..... <3

Gotta love valve. 1920*1200 2xAA and 8xAF WITH HDR for a somewhat mere mortal rig(no SLI) 100% playable in a multiplayer game! I mean... thanks.

it looks da same 2 me, i only have a 9800 pro and can still produce graphics the same has dat pic with decent fps

jonneymendoza said:
it looks da same 2 me, i only have a 9800 pro and can still produce graphics the same has dat pic with decent fps

Yeah, there is not much reason for a pic. The real experience is that it's on a 24" monitor or so, where you need the res. But those kind of settings produce a pristine image in today's games and when it fills your field of vision like that, it is truly a wonderful way to play games. I actually decided to swap out my 2405FPW. I got a trinitron 24" from ebay, an HP rebadge for 225+100 S&H. Man if anyone out there has a GTX or SLI and has a spare few hundred, buy one. Guy from lawrenceburg MA, just search, and you can't go wrong. So awesome... I don't know after I spent 1k on the dell, a good monitor in it's own right, I felt like I fucking stole this thing!

The Donut said:
yeah ;) Just got it yesterday.... I never was a fan of AA untill I played at 1900x1200.. Oww the jaggies :(... but ohhh my with AA!!!

texuspete00 said:
I moved to a GTX from an XL because I wanted to play my games at 1920*1200. Couldn't be happier. I pull it off in FEAR with just softshadows off. Ah..... <3

Gotta love valve. 1920*1200 2xAA and 8xAF WITH HDR for a somewhat mere mortal rig(no SLI) 100% playable in a multiplayer game! I mean... thanks.

You can't play at that res with a GTX? Or am I missing something?

46266_2.jpg

. .

ron.jpg

^ Best gfx ever!!! OMG, it looks just liek real life!!! Now thats super high res!

Anyways, only reason half-life looks good is because of the great texture art. I can slap on high res textures on Farcry, Doom3, etc and get the same effect. To me, HL2 looks really flat despite the photo realistic images.

these generation of FPS are so good looking that when i play it, i half shoot, and half just wandering around and just gawking at all the gorgeous textures

Asian Dub Foundation said:
these generation of FPS are so good looking that when i play it, i half shoot, and half just wandering around and just gawking at all the gorgeous textures

I've always done that. Just walking around looking at everything. I think in doom it was more to find secrets but in unreal it was definately to check out the scenery.

The facial hair on the dudes looks real snazzy

But who can actualy play the game on such detial levels :confused:

Uh, yeah. The only person that I see in that pic is the dead guy on the floor. And he looks nowhere close to what Alyx looks like.

Very nice link about the high-rez packs... hopefully someone gets a hold of that on the DoD team, some high-rez models wouldn't hurt..

Looks nice, when I get my new 6800ultra I'll load up those High-rez packs and see if I can get some nice results

Is it just me, or does Hi-res pack Alyx look like Katee Sackhoff (Lt. Starbuck) of Battlestar Galactica?

Somebody was shot down when he said that Far Cry looks better than Halflife 2 when it has HDR enabled (which IMO it does look better), never specified on character models though. I was just providing a screenshot which displays the beauty of HDR.

I need to use them (the high res skins), I have the models downloaded but I haven't played with them yet.

Mr_Evil said:
Is it just me, or does Hi-res pack Alyx look like Katee Sackhoff (Lt. Starbuck) of Battlestar Galactica?

I'm afraid I can't see the resemblance. Do I detect an infatuation? ;)

Back