WoW, Most Needed Raiding Class & Spec Right Now?

I say a High Elf Swordmaster or Dark Elf DoK should be in WoW.

But if I were you I would get a life and not play some dated 4 yr old game, and play WarHammer Online instead. WoW was cool 2 years ago, been there, done that, time for something new and WAR is kicking ass and get better every month

But if I were you I would get a life and not play some dated 4 yr old game, and play WarHammer Online instead. WoW was cool 2 years ago, been there, done that, time for something new and WAR is kicking ass and get better every month

+1

/3chars

If I were you, I wouldn't tell people how to spend their time. What you're doing is borderline threadcrapping.

That said, you can't really go wrong with any kind of healer.

You can get a raid group with any class in the game. I can't think of any singular class / spec combo thats in huge demand right now.

Look for a good guild on your server and see what they need. Otherwise I'd say any kind of healer. Shaman heals seem to be the best nowadays.

agree, healer and tanks always needed
there are always DPS classes hanging around

the most requested class has generally been healers, mainly due to everyone rushing to 80.
things have slowed down a smidgen, and now tanks are becoming highly valued also. (well, good tanks. theres a ton of crappy ones out there. and they arent even jeeps, let alone a tank)

the balance shift is probably due to ppl working on alts (main is lock, so my second 80 was my preist).

as a heads up though, as soon as a healer hits 80, expect ninja invites to heal heroic instance.
my preist was 80 for all of 5 minutes and i was getting /w asking to come heal.

but heals and tanks currently most sought after classes, 11.5 million players and i think 10.5 mill went dps.

Yeah, at the moment, tanks and healers are always in highest demand. Often times when I look in the LFG, I see a number of formed groups with 3/5 players in em. Guess what the other 2 are needed :p. To be honest though, despite the abundance of DPS, more often than not they're terrible. So not only do we need more tanks/healers, but good dps too :D.

I hope things will change drastically once dual-specs come out. Hybrid classes, who would otherwise be full-time DPS, will suddenly have the option to tank/heal on a whim. That of course, assumes that they're proficiently skilled and decently geared for it. Since dual specs will be virtually free, and that it saves glyphs and possibly action bars, switching specs all the time will be pretty painless.

Anyway, I think it would be a nice choice to choose a hybrid class. You'll be able to switch between specs when needed. That however, will take more effort on your end, but at least you'll have the convenince of dual specs coming soon. Okay maybe not too soon, but Blizz is shootin for 3.1.0 when Ulduar comes out. I expect that to come in like 2 months lol.

The most needed class would be anything played by a competent player. Tanks and healers are obviously high demand for pugs, but a good guild usually has a solid core of tanks / healers by now and just needs good DPS to fill the slots.

Healer are definetly the hardest to find/most wanted class. And yes, the majority of dps out there is horrible. Its sad when i am getting the same dps as the other two combined... Good tanks are another hard to find thing.

But yeah, if you know HOW to play, people will want u back in there group.

Is Ulduar a new raid coming?

I play an 80 Holy priest. I can say that I get bombarded with tells the whole time I'm playing. It would seem that I am the only priest on the server.

Lawl, I would not recommend that POS to anybody.

Anyway, who are you to tell him how to spend his time? Who are you to assume that he has no life? Quit thread crapping noob.

You trying to amply that WAR is grind free and does not require too much time to be spent it? I have news for you, so does WoW. The amount of time you dedicate to anything is dictated by you; and you alone.

I have a tank and a healer.

I get the most requests on my healer even though he's low atm (72).

I can only imagine what it'll be like when I hit 80.

I'm in demand in my guild too though. I can barely lvl up my druid because I get so many tells to tank for the guild on my warrior.

Guess that's the value of being a good player. Always in need :p

My point on this post is that Healers seem to be in DEMAND more. Something to keep in mind is you usually need more healers than tanks for raids unless you have uber healers that are well geared.

Scenario: (an ok guild)
2 tanks
3 healers
5 dps

Scenario: (good guild)
1 tank
2 healers
7 dps (1 being a person w/ high agro that can take a hit (DK) for certain fights)

healers and tanks, it was this way since the begining, and will be this way forever.
DPS classes are a dime a dozen

LF Healer and Tank for H VH !!! - wait 30 minutes
LF DPS for H VH!!! - 20ty billion tells a second

DPS are dime a dozen, but 9 of those 10 are horrible players. If you cant pump out 2k dps in a heroic dont join the group. Yet they do...

I am starting to think about quitting the game as there is absolutly no demand for anything other than Tanks and Heals, being a hunter is just miserable trying to find a group, I am working on my death Knight now so that I have at least one toon that can tank. I hate how other classes can respec and change the role in a group, but no matter how you spec a Hunter your always going to be just another DPS.

ive been able to tank pretty well with the Death Knight. Your armor is not a good or health as a warrior obviously, so you can't handle really hard hitting bosses, but with magic shield and healing capabilities, you can do most instances fairly well. DK is absolutely made for off tanking though. Oh hai, ill go off tank this mini boss and his friend for 5 minutes while you guys bring down the main one, ill heal myself, ktxs

I'm gonna say healer. I log on my DK noone bugs me. I log on my holy pally and instantly get spammed to go heal X instance.

Agreed. Tanks are pretty easy to get now. Healers (that are heal spec'ed) are in much much higher demand. Plus in 3.1, you can dual spec. So you can grind/quest as dps and change (for free) to heal spec when you want to instance.

DPS are dime a dozen, but 9 of those 10 are horrible players. If you cant pump out 2k dps in a heroic dont join the group. Yet they do...

Weird. I am currently sub 2K DPS and i get invited all the time for heroics. Good thing is my DPS is trending upwards at a nice steady rate. Got to love the heroic drops.

That being said, i have had a LOT of people in my guild gently reminding me that my poor resto shammy isn't 80 yet, and to please hurry the heck up! :D Sadly, she sucks for leveling, and i don't want to respec.

But as always, tanks and healers are ALWAYS the limiting group. My guilds best tank kjust switched to DPS because he was burned out from tanking all the time.

ive been able to tank pretty well with the Death Knight. Your armor is not a good or health as a warrior obviously, so you can't handle really hard hitting bosses, but with magic shield and healing capabilities, you can do most instances fairly well. DK is absolutely made for off tanking though. Oh hai, ill go off tank this mini boss and his friend for 5 minutes while you guys bring down the main one, ill heal myself, ktxs

They are changing it in the patch. DK's are getting more armor, defense and stamina. Also their hasn't been a boss so far in the game that I haven't been able to tank on my DK. And we've cleared all current content. The only one that's hard to heal me on is 25 man patchwerk.

That being said it's healers then tanks in demand. Seems like nearly every healer is dps now. Must be because Ret paladins are too good.

They are changing it in the patch. DK's are getting more armor, defense and stamina.

Wow, they are already so powerful...can tank, can heal, and has warlock-esque type powers.

Before WOTLK came out, I had a 70 warrior, and I can't imagine going back to play him. A warrior is now basically a crippled DK.

That being said, i have had a LOT of people in my guild gently reminding me that my poor resto shammy isn't 80 yet, and to please hurry the heck up! :D Sadly, she sucks for leveling, and i don't want to respec.

Just imagine that dillemma being a thing of the past soon enough :D. I bet that's what all hybrid classes are facing at the moment.

Although my main is a mage (I won't benefit as much from dual-specs), I'll still have the option to switch to a PvP spec, a fun alternative PvE spec, or even a situational spec. It's gonna open quite a lot of possibilities for everyone.

Wow, they are already so powerful...can tank, can heal, and has warlock-esque type powers.

Before WOTLK came out, I had a 70 warrior, and I can't imagine going back to play him. A warrior is now basically a crippled DK.

Warriors still have spell reflect in their tanking inventory which can be useful on a couple of encounters. And the top damage dealer in my guild is a Titan's Grip Fury Warrior, he beats everyone by at least 500-1000 dps on stationary bosses and he did over 6000 dps on Loatheb 25man.

wowwebstats link

Well, in reality while DK's are very good in PvP, they are kind of lackluster in PvE (tanking). The class is too cooldown reliant. So the additional armor, health and defense is going to be good.

The armor will come in frost presence. Frost presence currently gives DK's +60% armor. In the patch (3.08) it will be +80%. Frost presence will also reduce magic damage by 15% instead of 5%. Furthermore for new runeforge enchant we are getting Stoneskin gargoyle which is a flat +25 Defense and +2% stamina. This works out to about 3% avoidance and an extra 2% stamina.

We are also getting a sigil that whenever you cast Icy Touch you get 53 Defense rating. These changes will allow use to socket more like a warrior (+stamina) and will bring DK's closer to druids/warriors/paladins as far as tanking goes.

In PvE we are getting nerfed though. Icebound fortitude will only do -20% damage in, but will be modified by defense. Therefore for tanking it remains unchanged, but for PvP it's a big nerf.

Warriors still have spell reflect in their tanking inventory which can be useful on a couple of encounters. And the top damage dealer in my guild is a Titan's Grip Fury Warrior, he beats everyone by at least 500-1000 dps on stationary bosses and he did over 6000 dps on Loatheb 25man.

wowwebstats link

Yeah our top dps warrior pulls similar numbers. He even did like 9k dps on Thaddius the other day.

wowwebstats link

Does spell reflect work on the big bosses? *IMMUNE* :) One think I like about an unholy DK is two magic shields, and they work on alot of stuff.

Back