Wow...look at this Task Manager!

Is that Windows 7?

I thought Microsoft stopped supporting the Itanium platform after Server 2003.

we have 3 of them. two in the main data center and one in a co-loc. All running HP-UX. For 3+ Million each you would think they would break less. Too many eggs in one basket. Everytime we have a hardware failure it seems to hit the one non-redudant componet. HP usualy says "we've never seen one of these fail". Their solution was to buy a 2nd one. I could build a pretty avilable windows system for 3MIL.

you guys like to think about my penif huh? =p

har har har.

fufme drive FTW!

I love SuperDome's UK has one including one whole node (64 Itanium's) dedicated to chemistry. We gt account for one of my classes, ended up being able to use 64 during off hours up to 32 during normal hours (4gb of ram/ proc) and still needed over 1tb for a swap file. Good times.

I thought mine was good :(

img0077zl4.jpg

I thought mine was good :(

img0077zl4.jpg

That pretty standard. Our new VMWare hosts should be quad -6-core CPU's with 128GB of ram for around 25K. beats the hell out of 3M for a superdome.

In the same floor space I can fit 3 HP c9000 blade enclosures. Fully populated with the servers above thats 576 Cores and 3TB of ram for well under 1M.

That pretty standard. Our new VMWare hosts should be quad -6-core CPU's with 128GB of ram for around 25K. beats the hell out of 3M for a superdome.

In the same floor space I can fit 3 HP c9000 blade enclosures. Fully populated with the servers above thats 576 Cores and 3TB of ram for well under 1M.

...but can it play Crysis?

Sorry couldn't resist. Seriously though, I wonder if people have run the numbers of a racked up x86_64 HPC cluster vs a Integrity Superdome.

Damn that's allot CPU, I wonder how long it will take for that kind of power to arrive in a desktop, or if it will ever be needed/ utilised.

I don't know what you can do with "Porcessors", but I do know what you can do with Processors ;) :p

Amazing.

How fast are each of those cores?

I'm going to suggest to my boss that our small business should get one. I think it'd only take us a few years to save up, and another few to afford the maintenance and support :)

Back