WoW lockups with in first minute of playing

shmitty

Gawd
I don't know what's going on every time I log into WoW it locks up, before I was unable to even log in it would either lock on the login screen or in the Enter World screen. Now I can get in but it locks in like a minute or two. I don't know what's going on, I've got my computer overclocked but I've tested Orthos(7 hours), Super Pi(32m), 3dMark06(scored 1966), and OCCT stable(2 hours). When it locks it will lock my computer and I have to manually shut it down. This is killing me. I have FRAPS running and I get 60+ FPS for the seconds that I'm able to get on. Its not heat my VC doesn't go above 60C according to ATI Tool and there isn't any Artifacting when I run the test.
I know its not the most popular game I've only had it for 5 days two of which I was able to play and the last three I've had this problem. I've reinstalled my drivers for the video card, ran the WoW-Repair Tool, and searched there forums for something but no luck. There is a 18 page thread on this problem on there but there isn't a answer to the problem. One time I got a 131 error and it stopped the game every other time its just locked my computer. I'm trying to play this game because quite a few of my friends play and its a easy way for us to stay in touch after they change duty stations.

use the repair tool in the install directory, its solved a few mod related problems for me. you will have to reinstall your mods afterwords

I did and that didn't do anything for me same errors I even tried doing it and reverting back to original settings.

No, from what I read that doesn't seem to fix it. I'm thinking about doing an entire reformat and just starting over. Its been a year since I bought the computer so I think that I'm just going to reinstall and start over.

Back