WoW Lawsuit of the Year

HardOCP News

[H] News
What does the World of Warcraft, Winona Ryder and Depeche Mode have in common? The Wow lawsuit of the year. Trust me, you have to read this to believe it.:eek:

To back up his claims, Estavillo has subpoenaed Winona Ryder (who would presumably be able to "explain the significance of alienation in Catcher in the Rye") and Martin Lee Gore, of Depeche Mode ("he himself has been known to be sad, lonely, and alienated as can be seen in the songs he writes").

Note to couples, use birth control if you feel your child might turn out like this!

Note to couples, use birth control if you feel your child might turn out like this!

Note to couples. If your seemingly normal child DOES turn out like this. Burn it. For the love of god, burn it before it's too late. The future of humanity depends on it.

Wow, that person should be institutionalized. He doesn't belong in the normal world.

Good. I hated walking everywhere in WoW. Time and money sinks should be illegal. :mad:

Yet another case for a frivolous lawsuit law that requires the person that sues to pay all court costs for both parties when they lose.

They want to sue and blame Blizzard because they (Winona Ryder & other parties) failed at life?

I want to file a lawsuit again Axl Rose... It took that fucker 11+ years of waiting for a new album and it was shit. I want those years of waiting back or give me 22 million bucks. Now that is a lawsuit. Fuck asshole.

What is saddest here is not what this guy is trying to do, it is that presumably an lawyer has agreed to back it?

I can't read the article due to content blocker at work. wtf? cliffs?

The guy spends too much time playing a video game and blames the company because of his depression, agoraphobia, and krone's disease all of which may lead to him committing suicide. To reinforce his lawsuit he has subpoenaed Winona Ryder and the Depeche Mode singer to back up his claims of depression and alienation.

Here's the article verbatim:

Erik Estavillo is suing Activision Blizzard over World of Warcraft. Erik Estavillo is also a funny guy.

That or he's crazy. It could go either way.

Estavillo claims the company "continues to maintain a harmful virtual environment to many of its customers by forcing them to follow [World of Warcraft's] sneaky and deceitful practices".

And what could those "sneaky and deceitful practices" be? Walking is one of them, as he feels it takes too long to get from one point to the other in the game world. Because you can only speed up through extended play or buy purchasing an expansion pack, that qualifies as "deceitful".

He also believes that, because of a litany of health problems he suffers from (including OCD, agoraphobia, depression and Crohn's Disease), he's at risk of sharing the fate of Shawn Woolley, an Everquest player who committed suicide in 2001.

The best part follows: to back up his claims, Estavillo has subpoenaed Winona Ryder (who would presumably be able to "explain the significance of alienation in Catcher in the Rye") and Martin Lee Gore, of Depeche Mode ("he himself has been known to be sad, lonely, and alienated as can be seen in the songs he writes").

Best of luck, Erik.

Hey I suffered from severe clinical depression for 5 years. Computer gaming Ventrillo/CS helped me get by on a day by day basis.

Thankfully I never suffered the symptoms of being a Dumbass
I believe that is the Latin medical term

The guy spends too much time playing a video game and blames the company because of his depression, agoraphobia, and krone's disease all of which may lead to him committing suicide. To reinforce his lawsuit he has subpoenaed Winona Ryder and the Depeche Mode singer to back up his claims of depression and alienation.

That's not what the article said. It said he has these problems, he's not suing Blizzard for them. He's probably suing because of them, but not for them.

The case should get thrown out and this guy should be court ordered to have psychiatric care.

I knew a guy that said he was using WoW to keep him from getting back into heroine. I am guessing it worked because he was online about 12-15 hours a day pretty much all the time unitl I quit playing.

Poster child for post 9 month abortion.

Seriously, people like this just irk the crap out of me.

He should have added Robert Smith of the Cure, that guy is ALWAYS whining. Or Kurt Cobain (post mortem)

This guy just has too much time on his hands...

:cool:

Yet another case for a frivolous lawsuit law that requires the person that sues to pay all court costs for both parties when they lose.

Exactly

Either this guy have serious mental issues or he's just trying to grab some attention

Last time I checked, Crohn's disease is causes by a SNP (genetic mutation)... how the fuck is Blizzard responsible for that? CRTs irradiating your dad's nuts while he was playing proto-WoW and making you at the same time?

Reach out and touch... Teh Stupid? :confused:

I'd like to reach out and touch Winona, but she's a Scorpio... I try to avoid such troubled waters as a general rule. ;)

Getting back to World of Warcraft... Sorry, no clue. Never played it :)

It takes different types to make the world go round.
Only this guy could make it go in reverse!
Nutjob

Clue: dont play WoW if you know you are gonna die from it.
Sort of like avoiding cliff edges or cyanide.

Stumps across the world are crying foul right now, for they are being insulted far worse because of this clown!

i hope the judge finds this guy in contempt for filing a frivilous lawsuit and throws his ass in jail.

and afterward, i hope blizzard sues the shit out of him for libel.

Yes, people with mental illnesses should indeed be killed. Did you learn that from Hitler?

Did you seriously try to compare this to the holocaust? On the topic of people with serious issues..

No there is a big difference in mental illness and someone simply trying to exploit the system because they are a worthless waste of flesh. The only mental illness this guy has is chronic stupidity.

Back