WoW Lan Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys. I was just wondering if any of you knew some updated information about the new WDDG "multi-game application" (basically emulator) called Ludmilla that is coming out soon. Obviously the most important game on their list is WoW. Their site is www.wddg-online.com but it's down at the moment and that's why I'm asking here.

I am looking to create a WoW LAN server at my school because we are behind a proxy and cannot connect to online games.

So anyway, any of y'all ever used one of these private servers? We had one last year based of the wad/wowemu emulator and wddg database, but the emulator makes it suck, even if the database is complete.

mods, I hope you don't consider this discussion of illiegal activity, because I don't. I paid for the game and I want to play it.

your school would never be so foolish as to knowningly allow you to use this. Let alone the fact that if your proxy prevents you from playing online games outside of the network why do you think they will allow you to run them inside?

Shivetya said:
your school would never be so foolish as to knowningly allow you to use this. Let alone the fact that if your proxy prevents you from playing online games outside of the network why do you think they will allow you to run them inside?

the internal ports could be compleatly unlocked and the external ports could still be all locked up... doubt it thought...

as for the question.. i dont know any thing about it.. sorry... (and i agree, despite blizz's stance on it, i dont consider this one tabu... but i bet the mods will...

thore

I heard rumors of lan servers for WOW including people who have modified there toons up above the 60 level. I would love to be able to go into Molten Core with a level 90 toon solo and kicks some butt. :D

you mean a lvl 255.

and u can make your own weapons.

also, movies such as exploration: the movie were made on private servers.

it would be a cool gimmick, but unless u can convince 10000 friends to play on it, not very fun.

a36steel said:
I heard rumors of lan servers for WOW including people who have modified there toons up above the 60 level. I would love to be able to go into Molten Core with a level 90 toon solo and kicks some butt. :D

Why? Running any instance with that kind of a level advantage would be no challenge and no fun at all. It'd be like running Wailing Caverns with a 60; sure, you can kick ass, take names and kill anything that comes along, but what's the point?

Jason

DragonMasterAlex said:
Why? Running any instance with that kind of a level advantage would be no challenge and no fun at all. It'd be like running Wailing Caverns with a 60; sure, you can kick ass, take names and kill anything that comes along, but what's the point?

Jason

whats the point of MC anyways? 4 hours of your life wasted, 5g of repair accured, and you might get a nice item. Amazing.

DragonMasterAlex said:

Jason
dont u ever turn on the cheats for a game and take pleasure in dominating them like little children. make them bow before your godly wrath.

Would be kinda cool to be able to do such a thing... however it would also suck cause there wouldn't be much of an economy or much raiding going on.

Russ said:
mods, I hope you don't consider this discussion of illiegal activity, because I don't. I paid for the game and I want to play it.
If you are asking for a WoW server that you can run locally, and you've already ( obviously ) signed in to the game once, then you've accepted the EULA, which makes it illegal to try to run one of these servers.

Further, the server itself may be illegally created under the DMCA.

So in all likely hood, what you are asking for *is* illegal.

Steel Chicken said:
whats the point of MC anyways? 4 hours of your life wasted, 5g of repair accured, and you might get a nice item. Amazing.

To geared up and help you run harder instances. Do you think people would be able to do Blackwing Lair if they didn't have equipment from MC? Probably not. I've got most of the stuff I need from there, just need the sword from Garr and rogue legs from Ragnaros. :(

XOR != OR said:
If you are asking for a WoW server that you can run locally, and you've already ( obviously ) signed in to the game once, then you've accepted the EULA, which makes it illegal to try to run one of these servers.

Further, the server itself may be illegally created under the DMCA.

So in all likely hood, what you are asking for *is* illegal.

actually i've never paid one of the monthly fees and never signed in to a blizz server.

My school is a boarding school, we all have our own computers there, it's not like a normal public school. We play all sorts of games over the lan, such as warcraft 3.

And the whole point of this thread is YES, that page doesn't work. I knew that, that's why I was wondering if anyone here had heard of this project or been to the site before it's been down. I haven't been there in a long time, and I wanted some up to date information or possibly a release date.

Russ said:
actually i've never paid one of the monthly fees and never signed in to a blizz server.

My school is a boarding school, we all have our own computers there, it's not like a normal public school. We play all sorts of games over the lan, such as warcraft 3.

And the whole point of this thread is YES, that page doesn't work. I knew that, that's why I was wondering if anyone here had heard of this project or been to the site before it's been down. I haven't been there in a long time, and I wanted some up to date information or possibly a release date.
Its because the project is in violation of Blizzard terms. They have used legal recorse in stoping all of these projects, and they will continue to do so.

Russ said:
Not really going to argue this point, but I find that hard to believe. Anyway...
Irrelevant. This information has nothing to do with running a private wow server.

While I'm not fully up on all the fun fun laws, I believe even using these programs is a law breaking offense. And worse, as an organisation, the school could be held liable for it.

I'd advise you to drop this idea. As you have never played wow before, this shouldn't too hard a thing to do.

Upon reading the TOS it is indeed a violation to run your own server. Therefore that does make this a discussion about illegal activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back