WoW Info

dawtips said:
no... open beta is a direct representation of retail

im not so sure. they said based on beta feedback they will make changes.

in any case, i went to my local walmarts and targets and EBs and they were all already sold out of the game, both regular and CE although the street date is not til tomorrow. sucks.

Gongo said:
this assumes you duel 1v1.. i'm sure hunters are really good when you're team raiding.. what could be more annoying than a tank pally with a hunter behind him pounding you with arrows while the pally just blocks your way...
exactly right! Hunters are actually great in PvP, because PvP is rarely a 1v1 event. Usually, it consists of masses of Horde invading Auberdine. One distinct advantage of a hunter is that Hunter's Mark doesn't disappear with rogue stealthing.

WoW looks so amazing, and there were some awesome times I had w/ the Beta.

I'm making a

1) Tauren Shaman
2) Troll Hunter
3) Undead Rogue

Since gamecards are hard to get the day of release, is it reletivly easy to just pay for 1 month by CC, then use game cards from there on???

Oh yeah, Im a Gnome Mage... played human mage in beta, but that was before racial attributes :p

Steel Chicken said:
then most likely you read wrong

Apprently I did not read wrong..

So I go back to my original point that Blizzard needs to make it so you can unlearn a talent through some quest or other pain-in-the-ass manner. It would seriously piss me off if I assigned a talent at level 30 and hosed something that would prevent me from getting a talent at a higher level that I wanted.

AnubisPrime said:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/characters.html 5/8ths of the way down.

Research is good before posting "facts" ;)

That page is refering to Talentmasters, which were NPCs that gave free respecs. They removed Talentmasters and now you are able to respec at your trainer for a fee that increases each time. Blizzard stated on the forums that this new method of respec WILL remain in retail.

obs said:
Certain classes are better at certain things though. Take the hunter for example. Great at PvE but horrid at PvP because you need a minimum distance between the enemy to shoot arrows. Players don't just fight your pet while you fling arrows at them from a distance like a mob will.

I take it you never played a Hunter on a PvP server.

Hunter's have special skills to slow down thier opponents. I was a lvl 18 dwarf hunter decently equipped and was able to wipe out a lvl 20 Human Warrior.

Granted, if he actually got within in melee range of me, I would have been toast.

It all comes down to strategy.

Concussion shot is your friend :)

Also, Talents make all the difference. You want to have some serious points in your marksmanship talents.

Just thought I should put a different perspective on things.

yes you can unlearn talents. I know this for a fact, because i too got a copy of the game today and was just reading through the manual. Its an awesome game as im assuming most of you know from the beta. I can't wait til tomorrow so i create an account.:p

versello said:
Damn nice. Mind if you linky to that wallpaper?

Your keyboard is most interesting too. :D

1600x1200 versions of the wallpaper
http://www.ferricorp.com/public/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42&sid=f05e2077fe5706f5eb1eb4fbad852113

1920x1200 version I found elsewhere (link will only stay up for about a day or so)
http://members.cox.net/igthornpics/w2k-tan & firefox-tan.jpg

The keyboard is an Acer Ergo 61. It's been discontinued and Acer is now BenQ. And they don't make any keyboards of similar design.

merciless18t said:
yes you can unlearn talents. I know this for a fact, because i too got a copy of the game today and was just reading through the manual. Its an awesome game as im assuming most of you know from the beta. I can't wait til tomorrow so i create an account.:p

Yup, manual says 'Talents are difficult to unlearn...'

andypnb said:
im not so sure. they said based on beta feedback they will make changes.

in any case, i went to my local walmarts and targets and EBs and they were all already sold out of the game, both regular and CE although the street date is not til tomorrow. sucks.

the game is always going to change based on feedback...
plus they had months and months of closed beta testing, they wouldn't open up wow to half a million people so we could tell them what quests we liked...

Dude....anyone can use pets, however, those pets are non-combat pets.

Otherwise, only Hunters can use combat pets.

Warlocks can use summons for combat....I guess you could call those pets too.

vox87 said:
Just curious about the collector's edition.

The "exclusive in-game pet" how will that play? I'm guessing you'll have to be hunter or one of the classes that can have pets?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/news/images/04-11/pets.jpg

I saw some replies in regards to finding the collector's edition still...saw it on WalMart's website but, their online delievery date is showing 12/02.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3132286

The CE pets are non-combat pets... meaning any class can have one but they don't attack or anything. There are also other non-combat pets you can buy in the game like snakes, birds, a squirrel, etc.

You're right...I remember now seeing the vendor that had owls and such. I was thinking these were combat pets, I mean look at those two mean looking SOBs!! LOL

Would anyone happen to know where I would be able to get a squirrel pet because that would be REALLY awesome... :) ...since Im not gonna pay 40 for a mini diablo

peepeeface said:
Would anyone happen to know where I would be able to get a squirrel pet because that would be REALLY awesome... :) ...since Im not gonna pay 40 for a mini diablo
You have to be an engineer and you have to find the schematic for it. Not hard to find btw.

WoW is now live.. Servers are up.. I stopped at 3 stores on my way home from work to find somebody who broke street date, but nobody did. I'm going to have to wait until Tuesday evening..

Micas said:
WoW is now live.. Servers are up.. I stopped at 3 stores on my way home from work to find somebody who broke street date, but nobody did. I'm going to have to wait until Tuesday evening..
You could have tried a 24 hour Walmart at midnight ;)

I'm hoping the Gamespot by my work has it tommorrow, I didn't preorder. The game is gonna be fun.

Back