wow, I am an idiot

fornarmr

Gawd
I just bought those Koss SB40 headphones without realizing they don't have line-in volume control. I have an x-fi xtreme gamer so no remote or anything. Do I really need to alt-tab to change my volume every time?

Mmm. Ya know, since I play on my laptop and it has dedicated volume buttons, I never noticed that.

Hope it's not a problem for me on my new desktop rig. I can't remember actually needing it that many times before.

-S

Cheap headphone amplifier would do the trick. Look for a cmoy or pa2v2 on ebay-should run you $30-40 and will marginally increase audio quality as well.

Make an inline volume control.
You can make one for a few £ uk, probably less in the US.

That griffen control has been out a very long time. I am surprised there still selling it. I am guessing most of the cost of it is because of the machined Aluminum parts to it, it isn't cheap plastic.

I have always wanted to get it so i could properly play the Tron Arcade game on Mame, but I never knew for sure if it would work for that or not.

Good call on the volume control on my keyboard. Using a Saitek Eclipse II and it's got one on there... never really even thought about it. Thanks for the help guys!

Would the fiio e3 amp help w/ koss KSC75s, I noticed that I have to turn the volume up alot on my Zune to get the same amount of sound over the ear buds that come with the Zune.

One other thing to check is your keyboard. A good number these days have volume buttons, and normally Windows will pick these up and support them by default. Have a look and see if yours does. I've had a couple friends who just didn't realize their keyboards could do that.

Back