Wow ho! i7 960 is $179.99 at MC!!!

Woo.... it's oos.

Almost makes me want to build another computer though.

I guess its time to start overclocking my 930. if it breaks, I will just get one of these. :)

I want to get one so bad, but I'm not really sure why. My i7 C0 920 is at 4GHz right now...and I might get what, 4.2GHz? Not worth $200 me thinks. Great effin deal tho! =)

Me wants 970 to drop down to 200. They don't have any other locked CPU's to drop down to 200 :p

So I have this brand new X58 board sitting in the box in my office just waiting for the 970 to be at this price.

If I'm going to upgrade from my 920 its going to be to the 970. I'm also waiting for it to drop under $199.

I admire you guys. I personally couldn't do it. Spending 70% of the cash that would cover the new 8 core AMD Bulldozer. I wonder if that makes me a "glass is half full" type of dude. Errrr, wait? .. lol. Anyways.

Nice deal though.

Not worth it IMO. Most people already have I 7 920's and anyone buying new will get a new SB chip.

yeah the i5 2500k is much better performance at the same cost. I think this is still a good deal to the uninformed or those still stuck on / with the old x58 platform. Also, I am still finding people clueless about Sandy Bridge as in they didn't even know it came out recently. This is a good deal to those people who don't know any better. I think AMD's Bulldoze is nearly out, inside 90 days and I think the top end has already been priced at around $320. Yes a bit more but 16 threads is just e-peenish hardon as hell.

That is IF you already have a 1155 mobo. If not, then the i7 960 is a great deal for those that don't want to spend extra money to get a 1155 mobo with the 2500K.

Not when you can sell the X58 for more or the same as a P67.

You bring up another interesting point. Not a lot of people think outside the box. They take their old hardware to the grave with them lol. And, nothing wrong with that. I always find it fun to off-load my old hardware right before new tech comes out. eBay and especially craigslist are great places to sell a dirty ol' x58 board for a fast hundred right quick. Do it all the time.

I guess if you want to go through the trouble of selling your old rigs. I do that all the times, too.

Might be kind of OT, but I'm heading to MC this upcoming Tuesday. If there are any [H]ers out there that don't have access to one (and are willing to pay NY sales tax + shipping), I'd be willing to pick up one of these for you.

Heatware here.

Back