WOW free trial - how big is the client?

AceTKK

Gawd
I've been downloading the damn thing for hours now. It's at 1.25 gigs already and still going. Does anybody know how big the file is? Gamespot doesn't have the size listed anywhere.

thx

I seem to remember DLing 1.5GB during the beta.

It installs off of 4 CDs, so that puts your download size as high as 2.8GB.

That free trial thing has been out since July? edit, my mistake..

Fileplanet seems to be the only place.

err... yea, Fileplanet is what I meant. It's currently @ 1.98 gigs with no end in sight

AFAIK the trial is the full thing, with a limited cd-key, and one which cannot be extended except if u wish to buy the full game....

Im in Australia and bought a trial DVD for $2, and it seems like the full thing, except with a 14-day key....At the end, you cant simply pay on a monthly basis, and have to but the full retail copy of the game to keep playing

Ugh, I've tried around 4 times this weekend to download the trial from 3DGamers! It keeps going unresponsive at 632MB every time I try it. Can anybody recommend a free download utility to resume downloads? I have to restart the whole thing every time because of this...

Anyone know if you need a credit card/game card to use this "free" trial?

Darakian said:
Anyone know if you need a credit card/game card to use this "free" trial?

Yes, you need a credit card on file. Apparently it won't be billed unless you buy the game before the 10 days is up. But I'm not certain. I'll still make the preemptive move to cancel.

I just finished downloading it! Phew!

Back