WOW down for 4th night in a row

bonkrowave

2[H]4U
Honestly .... The apologies only go so far. Its like the boy who cried wolf. Eventually people just realize its all a scam and dont accept the BS anymore.

GG Blizzard.

this is getting ridiculous.... :mad: I hate paying to beta/stress test...

inotocracy said:
Yeah it sucks, oh and its "the boy who CRIED wolf".

Ya I = teh Asshat on that one.

Blizzard is like Michael Jackson, and the fan-boyz are the little boys he has over. At first you think its ok when he wants you to sleep in his bed .... but eventually you grow up and realize .... your getting SCREWED.

:D :D

**** Its only a joke (take it easy)
/puts on his flame proof flak suit.

bonkrowave said:
Ya I = teh Asshat on that one.

Blizzard is like Michael Jackson, and the fan-boyz are the little boys he has over. At first you think its ok when he wants you to sleep in his bed .... but eventually you grow up and realize .... your getting SCREWED.

:D :D

**** Its only a joke (take it easy)
/puts on his flame proff flak suit.

Thats signature quality right there.....

I quit about a week ago. I had a level 34 hunter, but eventually I just got kind of burned out on the game after a few months of playing. I think the original amazement finally wore off and I was hit with the blunt realization that the game's method of character development never really changes between levels 1 and 60.

u were only 34 and burnt out? I am a 52 hunter and I am loving it still. It doesn't even really get fun till 40s when you can ride your mount and hunt some horde :D

XBLiNKX said:
u were only 34 and burnt out? I am a 52 hunter and I am loving it still. It doesn't even really get fun till 40s when you can ride your mount and hunt some horde :D

You alliance scum......

If you really have problems with servers being don't get on the high pop ones......seriously, lag and matinence are only problems with the high pops. I'm on a low pop and i have nevere waitid in line, never had lag, and never had emergency matinence. good luck

LOL speaking of slaying factions I seen the video where a horde warlock got this bomb thing placed on his pet and went into a alliance AH and bam every fucking one in there died lol.

Coreyo said:
LOL speaking of slaying factions I seen the video where a horde warlock got this bomb thing placed on his pet and went into a alliance AH and bam every fucking one in there died lol.

heh, I'd like to see that :D Got a link?

I almost bought the game yesterday. But then I saw Republic Commando and have pretty good things about it. Sadly enough, I didn't buy either I had to think on which one I wanted. But since WoW is down yet again, I may be getting Republic Commando today.

I think it was around lvl42 that I started to feel burned out. I mean, when i got this game at Xmas, it was all non stop. But this got quickly remedied when I started to watch my stack of anime for a couple of days, then going back into the game i felt refreshed and renewed. So for anyone feeling the burn right now, do somehting else for a week then i can almost guarentee that you will be good to go. :)

As for the server outtage, i wouldnt exactly to go as far to blame blizzard for making us pay for a beta test. Servers are not invunerable to code corruption. Nothing is. Unfortunately it has occured to your servers. Look at how many people are playing on them. hehehe.

Amongst all the turmoil, I still will place my bets on WOW. It's still quality, regardless of the servers downage, just do something else to take your mind off that, like play KOTOR 2.

Bummer, EQ2 had the issue around December, most servers were down for a 3 days, and a couple were down for 4..... I find it kind of funny though, when the EQ2 servers where down there were like 50 "This is an outrage, I quit, I'm going to WOW" threads on the forums, bashing SOE, bashing the other players who were going to tough it out, I wonder if those people believe in poetic justice...........

Now this in no way is a EQ2 vs WOW thread, I've played both, EQ2 just fit me better.....
On a side note I think they really did a good job bring the look and feel of the original Warcraft series to the MMO comunity...... And for those that never played Warcraft before WoW, go pick up Warcraft III Reign of chaos.......

although being slightly bored of it myself, the real reason I'll be quitting soon is the bannings. Although I agree that hackers should be banned they are banning people who are not hacking and they just will not listen to reason. My buddy got banned and there is no way he was using a cheat, however the night before his brother(a 45 mage) opened a portal for him. KICK BAN! He teleported around instantaniously!!! Well that's what the fucking spell does for fuck sakes. I've heard of two other people who were banned and that was the only reason they could figure out.
They have actually reinstated some accounts, there was one guy who was banned for speed hacking however he was in a group with a hunter using spirit of the pack...duh blizzard? Don't you think you should check these things? They just jump to conclusions and 99% of the time they won't even answer your emails the just send a canned one.
I truly hope blizzard loses their shirt on this one after outraging most of their hardcore fan base for so long.

Bad luck server I guess. Only thing I can say is start new somewhere else, and/or just wait out the storm. If you make an alt on another server you will at least get to play when your main is down.
I just started playing on Tichondrius (a high pop server). My friends and guildmates who have been playing for a long time said it was down a lot for a while after release. Its been running fine lately though.

heh, here's an email that one of my guildies sent to Blizzard, and it is oh so true...:

OK look, I am tired of giving you all the benefit of the doubt. I
cannot get into the log in server tongiht....AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! Your game
is full of LAG and more lag. For the love of god could fix it. You just
sold well over 600,000 copies of the game. which means you just made 30
MILLION dollars. then take the amount of subscribers that have paid
since january.
thats another 9 MILLION dollars. what the hell do you do with your
money that you have stolen from us paying subscribers. I say stolen
because not a day goes by that there isnt lag or trouble with the log in server.
FIX IT NOW!

That's going to get a response. Even if they hardly ever do reply, that's sure not going to get one. Enjoy the letter he just sent to deaf ears.

Yeah... if you're going to write a threatening, angry letter to a faceless corporation that could crush you without blinking an eye, you should at least try to proofread it & use good English...

ameoba said:
Yeah... if you're going to write a threatening, angry letter to a faceless corporation that could crush you without blinking an eye, you should at least try to proofread it & use good English...

HAHA BURN

When we get angry letters like that from students, we post them up on our corkboard in the hallway so that people that walk by will read it and get a laugh out of it.

If you're going to write an angry letter, make sure its well written, your arguments are well supported, and you're not just typing IN BIG CAPITAL LETTERS because you're angry. If your friend really is that angry, then he should speak with his wallet.

account status: Cancelled
Reason: Downtime

ameoba said:

Sersiously....that was just horrible. I mean, there's bad, and then there's that.

Coreyo said:

It was an alliance player that did it to the alliance AH. The spell was human bomb and does area of affect fire damage on every member of your faction. If a Horde player tried to do that it would have only killed him.
http://www.guildvsguild.com/nuke/modules.php?name=media&PHPSESSID=b13c932089c266a46cb9bdfc8ea44c30
Theres the video.

-zac

Moose777 said:
I almost bought the game yesterday. But then I saw Republic Commando and have pretty good things about it. Sadly enough, I didn't buy either I had to think on which one I wanted. But since WoW is down yet again, I may be getting Republic Commando today.
republic commando is supposed to be good but short.

WOW servers do go down more than any other MMO I've played.

On the other hand, the amount of bugs and balancing in the gameplay itself is far better than any MMORPG I've played, too.

So though the service has been less reliable compared to other MMOs, the gameplay itself is far less buggier and more balanced.

tranCendenZ said:
WOW servers do go down more than any other MMO I've played.

On the other hand, the amount of bugs and balancing in the gameplay itself is far better than any MMORPG I've played, too.

So though the service has been less reliable compared to other MMOs, the gameplay itself is far less buggier and more balanced.

Not even close to EQ.

And most other MMO's have much worse lag, because they let as many people into the servers as can fit. WoW has queues, and the game is nice and smooth :).

Direwolf20 said:
Not even close to EQ.

And most other MMO's have much worse lag, because they let as many people into the servers as can fit. WoW has queues, and the game is nice and smooth :).

Queues are possibly the dumbest idea in an MMORPG ever. I stand in lines everyday. I stand in line at the bank, at the supermarket, at the subway .... I really don't need to be waiting in line when I'm trying to relax by playing a video game.

Whoever though of the idea of implementing queues, must surely have been placed in a burlap sack and beaten when insolent, raised by a Russia hooker with webbed feet, have the intelligence of a four year old, and the sexual sophistication of a donkey.

bonkrowave said:
Queues are possible the dumbest idea in an MMORPG ever. I stand in lines everyday. I stand in line at the bank, at the supermarket, at the subway .... I really dont need to be waiting in line when Im trying to relax by playing a video game.

But they DO help. Granted, the MAIN problem is the server sizes and them not being able to handle the population. However, I would MUCH rather wait 5-10 minutes to get into a smoothly running game, rather than immediately get into a game thats super laggy.

Honestly, you've gotta admit that once you get inside, there aren't too many lag problems. Thats BECAUSE of the queue.

Direwolf20 said:
But they DO help. Granted, the MAIN problem is the server sizes and them not being able to handle the population. However, I would MUCH rather wait 5-10 minutes to get into a smoothly running game, rather than immediately get into a game thats super laggy.

Honestly, you've gotta admit that once you get inside, there aren't too many lag problems. Thats BECAUSE of the queue.

I tried to make the point, since the first stress test, to cap the server population, that way you never run into lag because of over popultaion, and you also never have to wait in line.

i think blizz problems is poor choice of hosting partners and infrastructure design. they got crappy hardware, and they are paying someone else to host the servers and bandwidth. all the loot/ah lag is because of trying run oracle on linux. yikes.

queues suck, but queues are better than non-stop lag and getting dropped.
my server is only a medium pop server, but still has issues *every day*

sigh

I think Blizzard needs to nerf Zul'Farrak.

What a buggy poor excuse of an instance that is. Especially Divino rod. Last night I tried Divino with a 42 avg group. We got right near the end but Bly died so we failed. So then I get in a group where we are all at least 50. And we try again ... easy you say, right ? Well the server lagged and two waves of mobs came up the pyramid at once and we got pwned.

I really hate Divino rod, other bugs include not being able to heal, rez, reed your pet, rez your pet, because you get stuck in combat because of the bugged mobs.

Last night was the first time I have ever seen Gilneas just go down without warning. Now when I log in tonight, I have the honor of staring Baron Rivendare in the face, by myself. :D

Bane said:
Last night was the first time I have ever seen Gilneas just go down without warning. Now when I log in tonight, I have the honor of staring Baron Rivendare in the face, by myself. :D

*Prays for Bane

Back