WoW "Disconnected From Server" issues

andocser

Weaksauce
Starting last night and going into today I have been unable to play WoW. The issue I have is that after I log in I am disconnected from the server 8 to 12 seconds later. The error message displayed is "Disconnected from server". In the 8 to 12 seconds I am in-game I am unable to send tells, interact with any NPCs, or cast any spells. Once I am disconnected I am sent back to the main login screen, but from there I am unable to log back in. When I enter my user name and password the login process stalls at "Connected" and gets no further. To log back in I need to exit the game and re-open it. Once I do that I am able to log back in and the error repeats itself. It may be important that I note when I log back into the game I start off in the same spot I have been in for the past 24 hours. If during my 8 to 12 seconds in-game I run in a straight line, once I am disconnected and reconnect I will start off in the same spot I was in before I started running. So far I have tried the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Restart my PC
2. Restart my router and cable modem
3. Plug my PC directly into my cable modem
4. Configure my Windows firewall (only one I am using) to have ports 3724, 8086, 8087, 9081, 9090, 9091, and 9100 open.
5. Turn off Windows firewall completely
6. Delete my Interface, WDB, and WTF folders in the game directory.
7. Re-install WoW from a different set of media than my first install without installing any UI mods.
8. Run my virus scanner (Avast) and my spyware scanner (Ad-Aware) on their most thorough settings.
9. Try to play on another character on this account, Rescodna on Kalecgos
10. Turn off my video card and CPU overclocks
11. Run the Blizzard

None of these things have done anything to change the issue, it still happens in exactly the same way every time. It may also be important to note that the other games that I play online, UT2004, F.E.A.R., and Need for Speed - Most Wanted, all play just as they did before this problem started happening with WoW. Also, my girlfriend's computer which is hooked up the same router as mine has no problems playing under either my account or her's. Any help you could give me with this issue would be greatly appreciated as I've tried just about everything I can think of.

Try some of these:

* If you have a Power Management tab in your network card properties, click it and unselect the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" if selected.
* On the Advanced tab, You can also try changing the Speed/Duplex to Force 100 Full Duplex. This has shown to fix these types of issues as well. To do this, go into your computer properties, and then into your device manager. Locate your network card, and go into the properties for it. click on the advanced tab, and you should see a list of items. One of them should be Speed/duplex settings. Change this to Force base 100 Full duplex. If you have an older router or hub you may need to use base 10 full duplex.
* You may also have a Checksum Offload property on the Advanced tab, if so you can try choosing the Disabled option.

Everything was great, and then one day I kept getting DC'd a few secs after I loaded into Origgimar. I think the Ckecksum Offload fixed my problem.

Looks like turning off checksum offload did it. This teaches me to RTFM. Killdozer, I could kiss you right now for pointing out my own ignorance to me :)

Back