WoW = dangerous

Trepidati0n said:
'

Yeah soloing a leveling 62 Elite Wife mob is bad news even if tricked out in epic gear! Maybe if you had a rig full of oranges you might be able to pull it off.

-tReP

sppsh, try "hero" named. you'll never solo a wife, gonna need a raid of 120 or so and they'd better be kick ass every single one of them. even then... it's doubtful.

i've found a way to raise my WoW nerd skill +9, put on lord of the rings music while playing. :(

I'm a very lucky individual. The first and only MMORPG I've played is FFXI, which was so boring I fell asleep at the keyboard and died multiple times. I heard WoW is the ish, but I won't even try it, I'm too afraid and I have too much going on in my life to forfeit my future for a video game :D

I also think MMORPGs are so addicting because people have to pay monthly for them. When you pay $15 or so a month, you always are thinking "HEY! I need to get every penny's worth for my subscription! Here's some free time, I better play!" Another factor is that there's always someone better than you and you always need to "catch up" with someone else.

All in all, the gaming companies win. They are seriously making tons of cash.

I have no real problem controlling myself. I hit lvl 37 yesterday, but its like...I find leveling too grueling. I get tired of running from place to place, etc. I dunno, but im just not as into it as I used to be *shrugs*.

My friend gave me a 10 day trial to test out WOW. Thought the game was OK but didn't realized that I was playing for 6hrs straight the first night and then another 7 hrs the next day. I mean...time just flys by and the next thing you know...its 4am. Needless to say, the third day I uninstalled it but till this day I'm still thinking about buy it! I read the damn WOW strat guide at the bookstore and I don't even own the damn game!

I have a friend who has just pulled himself out of WoW. He was quite addicted, and was falling behind on his school work, and wasn't spending much time interacting with other people. It took him taking apart his computer, and putting it aside, and going to only his laptop, to get him out of it, so that now he can get caught up on work before the semester ends.

I take solice in the fact that MMO games cost $50 initially and than $10 a month. It's basically stopped me from playing that genre.... that said Guild Wars is looking mighty tempting (no monthly fees).

I just can't justify continually paying for a game... even if it is only $10. With the initial game cost, thats $170 for the first year.... thanks, but no thanks.

peace,
OrignalOCer

OriginalOCer said:
I take solice in the fact that MMO games cost $50 initially and than $10 a month. It's basically stopped me from playing that genre.... that said Guild Wars is looking mighty tempting (no monthly fees).

I just can't justify continually paying for a game... even if it is only $10. With the initial game cost, thats $170 for the first year.... thanks, but no thanks.

peace,
OrignalOCer

but that 15 a month is cheaper then most forms of entertainment. hell cost about $20 to take the women to the movies. and i'm sure you can drop more then that a night in a bar.

well we have about 10 good friends that play so the $15 a month is poicket change to other forms of entertainment.

Wally said:
To be honest, i just don't see the point. WoW, or any other MMORPG for that matter, have all seemed to me to be defeating the point of playing games; i dunno about you lot, but i play games for fun, for laughs and adrenaline, shits and giggles. Sitting there mining/crafting/whatever for hours, slowly and painstakingly upping my exp. just seems like too much hard work, you know? I want to dive in, have a blast, and come out feeling refreshed, not sign on and toil the night away to make my character more powerful at the expense of my back, work and sleep.

Try getting some friends together to play it and start a guild....and use voicecomm. Then it really becomes a social thing too, not just a grind to level up.

Wally said:
To be honest, i just don't see the point. WoW, or any other MMORPG for that matter, have all seemed to me to be defeating the point of playing games; i dunno about you lot, but i play games for fun, for laughs and adrenaline, shits and giggles. Sitting there mining/crafting/whatever for hours, slowly and painstakingly upping my exp. just seems like too much hard work, you know? I want to dive in, have a blast, and come out feeling refreshed, not sign on and toil the night away to make my character more powerful at the expense of my back, work and sleep.

I think you forgot the whole MMO part of the MMORPG. If I didn't want the MM part I would being playing single player games. I play MMORPG's because more of the MMO part...I just think it is a bonus because of the RPG aspect. I just had to replace my keyboard again because i spit my beer out when I saw a male tauren take off all his armor and teabag a 60 rogue who was ganking level 20's. Now that was funny.

-tReP

Trepidati0n said:
I think you forgot the whole MMO part of the MMORPG. If I didn't want the MM part I would being playing single player games. I play MMORPG's because more of the MMO part...I just think it is a bonus because of the RPG aspect. I just had to replace my keyboard again because i spit my beer out when I saw a male tauren take off all his armor and teabag a 60 rogue who was ganking level 20's. Now that was funny.

-tReP

Lemme guess... the tauren was a shaman? :p

Trepidati0n said:

-tReP
ROFL

The nice thing about WOW vs. most other MMOs is that you don't have to grind nearly as much to get anywhere. Actually you can pretty much do the first 50 lvls without having to grind one bit.

After which lvling is pretty easy none the less cuz you can start to grind some of the semi-higher end instances for phat l000tz and xp :)

If you have any time management skills, you can play WoW without much of a problem casually. The real problem comes in when your significant other wonders what's so neat about the game, and you, in your infinite wisdom, decide it's a good idea to introduce said significant other to the game using your account. Anyone who has tried this knows exactally what I mean. :D

andocser said:
If you have any time management skills, you can play WoW without much of a problem casually. The real problem comes in when your significant other wonders what's so neat about the game, and you, in your infinite wisdom, decide it's a good idea to introduce said significant other to the game using your account. Anyone who has tried this knows exactally what I mean. :D

Easy fix...buy a new puter for her and she will thank you for it. It is a guys dream to buy a woman something tool based or tech based that she wants. Better than clothes and jewelry.

-tReP

Well it's addicting. But if you get the urge to play and you shouldn't, just remind yourself that the your bonus exp is building up.

I don't know if this was covered since I didn't read the whole thread, but iIn WoW there is a bonus exp mode where you make exp faster, and it build up anytime you are logged out. So if you don't play for a week you will have a nice bonus of faster leveling for awhile. And any quest exps does not use this bonus so it can last a long time if you are trying to do quests rather than just exp grind.

I don't play WoW, but I do play SWG. The grinding part sucks, but you do not have to play that way if you do not want to. Lately, I've been hunting and when the sun goes down I put up a tent and camp and craft until the sun comes back up. A lot of times these games get ruined by rushing through everything. Its cool for a bit, but there are so many different ways you can go and after awhile you can take your time. The devs always wind up pulling their hair out trying to create content to satisfy the retarded 9 hour a day players.

The problem is the player vs player you kinda need an uber character, but there is plenty of stuff to do besides grinding. I've stopped hurling myself to get to Jedi and I am sitting back and enjoying the game more. Truly a pretty game despite some of its flaws. I don't play all the time like I used to, but then again I am drinking at the bar a hell of a lot more then I was so I'm actually spending a hell of a lot more cash now then when I was glued to the comp, hehe :D

Trepidati0n said:
Easy fix...buy a new puter for her and she will thank you for it. It is a guys dream to buy a woman something tool based or tech based that she wants. Better than clothes and jewelry.

-tReP

I am fortounate enough to have a GF that builds her own computers as I do, and she certanly has the power to run WoW on her newest rig. The issue is that she enjoys playing with me, as in sitting next to her to coach and provide advice. I must admit, it is kind of fun. I never thought I'd be able to get so much enjoyment out of not being able to use my own computer. :D

Back