WoW Classic 8/27. Beta is May 22–Thurs May 23

will do thank you! I wonder if it will take me 6months again to save up enough for fast mount speed this time around too lol

will do thank you! I wonder if it will take me 6months again to save up enough for fast mount speed this time around too lol
it will take 6 months to hit lvl 60 lol. Then another 6 months to get your epic mount speed. Unless they go and mess it up and allow wow tokens lololol.

One of my old toons still has a ton of those argent tokens (or whatever they were called you used for rep) because I cant trash them, too much work spent collecting lol.

I have a feeling people forgot how much harder classic was. And coming from everquest it was easy, but compared to current wow people are in for a surprise.

I started in classic and me personally I just don't live the life I did back then and cannot devote the amount of time to be good at raiding in that system. Current wow lets me soft of 'raid' so I get the enjoyment.

I think a lot of people will learn you can't appease nostalgia with new. It will never be the same because none of us are the same. And it was fun learning the raids not having a ton of addons hand holding you through it like now. And also not having tons of strategy videos already out there for the fights.

IMO they should have just let that 3rd party server be, and delved deeper into the timewalking thing and let people force it on any instance or raid so they could experience the old stuff without needing so much dev time put into it.

Though I don't miss wailing away with weapons trying to level weapon skill to max for a new weapon i havent used before lol.

I hope it pans out for them and is worth the work.

One of my old toons still has a ton of those argent tokens (or whatever they were called you used for rep) because I cant trash them, too much work spent collecting lol.

Trade those for argent pets and sell them. Good market

I started in classic and me personally I just don't live the life I did back then and cannot devote the amount of time to be good at raiding in that system. Current wow lets me soft of 'raid' so I get the enjoyment.

I think a lot of people will learn you can't appease nostalgia with new. It will never be the same because none of us are the same. And it was fun learning the raids not having a ton of addons hand holding you through it like now. And also not having tons of strategy videos already out there for the fights.

IMO they should have just let that 3rd party server be, and delved deeper into the timewalking thing and let people force it on any instance or raid so they could experience the old stuff without needing so much dev time put into it.

Though I don't miss wailing away with weapons trying to level weapon skill to max for a new weapon i havent used before lol.

I hope it pans out for them and is worth the work.
Yeah, having a family and property to take of limits game time for me. I played from beta to wotlk, then off and on till now.

I actually enjoy the timesink and difficulty, but these kids that play literally 24/7 get so far ahead of everyone else that it takes months for normal people to catch up. And i have a feeling theres a lot more of them now than there was when the game came out.

Classic server will be dead in a year

I don't know about WoW as I never played it. But while I feel nostalgic for the early days of SW:TOR, it would be a much worse game without the changes and additions that have been made over the years even though those changes weren't always good. By in large, the quality of life changes are significant and not having them would suck. Not being able to run until level 15, get a mount until 25, no real endgame content, etc. I would imagine WoW is the same way.

I don't know about WoW as I never played it. But while I feel nostalgic for the early days of SW:TOR, it would be a much worse game without the changes and additions that have been made over the years even though those changes weren't always good. By in large, the quality of life changes are significant and not having them would suck. Not being able to run until level 15, get a mount until 25, no real endgame content, etc. I would imagine WoW is the same way.
Yes people will feel nostalgic for a few months then say fuck it cause of the difficulty. It is not going to be the same for these people that play classic wow in their teens. They are all adults with responsibilities now and kids these days will not put up with that bs nowadays. Kids want instant gratification instead of mind numbing grind.

I've played since 2004 but for me the "Good ol' days" were BC and WoTlK, not Vanilla. Too many things about the game back then that I didn't enjoy, that weren't fixed until the first or second expansion. Of course this is probably going to kill off the main game also.

it will take 6 months to hit lvl 60 lol. Then another 6 months to get your epic mount speed. Unless they go and mess it up and allow wow tokens lololol.

My main toon was (is) a druid and I used travel form until I got the 'free' mount from AV just in time for Burning Crusade to start.

All I do is play old EverQuest on the TAKP emulated server. The Planes of Power nostalgia is amazing, just like in 2002, the best times!
I play FFXI nasomi server. Nostalgia brought me back. Community and the sense of reward keeps me.

Trade those for argent pets and sell them. Good market
I think you're thinking of the Wotlk Argent Crusade currency in the jousting arena area. I think the other person was thinking of the Argent Dawn currency you used to get in vanilla wow by equipping an item in a slot that awarded you currency for killing undead in the plagueland zones and was used for rep with the Argent Dawn (I hope I'm remember that right)

I played vanilla on a private server last year and got as far as STV before quitting. I'll just say that if the people that I met on that pserver all jump to classic, the population is going to be toxic as fuck. Talk about people who have refused to move on in life.

Classic has caught my attention but will wait and see.

Also, I know it may be obvious but you need to read up on the requirements for beta.

To fill our pool of beta and stress test participants, we’ll be choosing dedicated players who meet select criteria from both the WoW Classic beta opt-in and the standard Warcraft beta opt-in. Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their Battle.net Account. While opting-in to the beta is the primary way to make sure you’re in the running to join the test it doesn’t guarantee an invitation to the closed beta test. We may also consider additional factors such as how long a player has been subscribed to the game so that we have the right mix of players to ensure great feedback toward making WoW Classic the very best experience for the community.

I see that Blizzard is already implementing a store and putting mounts in it for people to buy. That pretty much killed Classic for me. I'll stick to Lights Hope Private server, thanks. At least until Blizzard/Activision understand why people wanted Classic to begin with.

I see that Blizzard is already implementing a store and putting mounts in it for people to buy. That pretty much killed Classic for me. I'll stick to Lights Hope Private server, thanks. At least until Blizzard/Activision understand why people wanted Classic to begin with.
Lol really??

You can do well in classic as you can do well back then in launch WoW . The days when you as a shadow priest pummel 2 on 1 fights with rogues or just roflstomp hunters to the point where they would be needing more time finding pet foods then actually fight you :)

I guess the nostalgia will run its course and people find everything wrong with this version of classic then what they played back in the day ;)

Can't see the instant gratification crowd doing 40 man raids in Molten Core for 6 hours a night ;)
Let alone the attune-ment process

You can do well in classic as you can do well back then in launch WoW . The days when you as a shadow priest pummel 2 on 1 fights with rogues or just roflstomp hunters to the point where they would be needing more time finding pet foods then actually fight you :)

I guess the nostalgia will run its course and people find everything wrong with this version of classic then what they played back in the day ;)

Can't see the instant gratification crowd doing 40 man raids in Molten Core for 6 hours a night ;)
Let alone the attune-ment process

What do you mean 6 hours? Here's a video of us doing MC:

Classic server will be dead in a year
upload_2019-5-15_9-22-3.png

I hope the classic server recaptures what made classic so fun. The lengthy AV battles where both sides actually had to collect and hand in items and summon npc's to turn the tide instead of just rushing points. And the spontaneous tarren mill battles that would start because 1 lv 60 ganked a low level who then calls in for help and next thing you know the whole area is packed with death lol.

Last edited:
What do you mean 6 hours? Here's a video of us doing MC:

Was that on vanilla or just a private server. Before you could do molten core back then you had to find multiple alliances between guilds to even pull of a raid back then guild that had enough people to do raids was rare.

Once you were in Molten Core then you got the whole drama of warriors rolling on leather gear pissing off the rogues ...

I have yet to find anyone in my guild (this guild has been together since vanilla), or any of the teams I raid with that want to relive "classic" WoW, especially those who raided back then. The nostalgia is going to wear off really, really quickly for many of those who want to relive the glory days. Those who did not experience it, as others have stated, are in for a rude awakening. I wish I could see their reactions when they try to kill mobs in a cave, pull more than 1 and die, then have to ghost run for 5 minutes (or more) from the nearest graveyard back to your corpse only to realize that the rest of the cave has respawned and you die again. And again. Or trash in an instance actually needing CC and priority killing, and taking multiple hours to clear (BRD was great for this). I look forward to the Twitch streams of gamer rage...

Just looking forward to Joana/FuriousPaul finally streaming again. I think he's banking on becoming a millionaire again with his guides, so it will be fun to watch his disappointment.

https://www.joanasworld.com/

Back