WOW, BFG 6800 Ultra OC PCIe in stock

Cool beans! It's good to see these things finally becoming more available. I figured with the introduction of nforce4, nvidia would start cranking them out. I'm just waiting for nforce5 to pick up my second Evga Ultra. Should be sometime this month. Hopefully the nforce5 will have less teething problems than nforce4 did.

Cool. I got a question tho. If you look at the picture of the card, it shows it having to 4-pin molex connectors. Shouldn't it have one 6-pin connector??

iownyou14 said:
Cool. I got a question tho. If you look at the picture of the card, it shows it having to 4-pin molex connectors. Shouldn't it have one 6-pin connector??

Good eye! Looks like ZZF used a stock photo of the AGP version instead of the PCI-E version. They call it out as a PCI-E card though, so that’s likely what it is. Might want to call them before ordering to make sure though. :)

Click on the "see more images" link. They show a pitcure of the real box, so it is the real thing (exactly like my GT's except "Ultra"). Probably just didn't open any of them to take new pics.

Thats kinda good to hear but way over priced :( msrp $499, I know why they do it but its just sad, and for that price I might just go two 6800gt cause at chumbo you get 2 plus 550watt ps for $850 total I believe

That chumbo bundle was a great deal. Probably the best 6800 PCI-E price you'll see around for a while.

calypso-325is said:
That's a totally different card we're talking about
I know, but it is faster that the BFG 450MHz core instead of 425MHz and its twice as expensive for all the people with more money than brains :)

yeah thats way to over priced but i like monarchs price $555 for 1 6800 ultra aint that bad but i thinki i will stay with getting the 2 6800gt's

Gun_Strife said:
Those lying bastards, they say msrp $1000 but you can get it from us for the unbelievable low price of $799 :rolleyes:
poof, look again -- it's $850

can anyone plz explain what is BFG and why is it so good? and what does it do?

tokidoki said:
can anyone plz explain what is BFG and why is it so good? and what does it do?
It comes with a Lifetime warranty and is already overclocked above reference specs.

Which one to buy? I ordered a SLI board but am only going to run one vid card for now so the SLI is not a factor. I understand the ATI doesn't have Shader Model 3??

BFG 6800 Ultra PCI Express or XFX 6800 Ultra PCI Express or Sapphire X850 XT Platinum?

SureFire said:
Which one to buy? I ordered a SLI board but am only going to run one vid card for now so the SLI is not a factor. I understand the ATI doesn't have Shader Model 3??

BFG 6800 Ultra PCI Express or XFX 6800 Ultra PCI Express or Sapphire X850 XT Platinum?

Since you have already ordered the SLI board, the X850 XT PE will do you no good if you plan on running 2 cards on that mobo in the future. You are correct that ATi does not support SM3.0 in their cards at this time, but their next release after X850 series is supposed to. As far as brands of 6800 Ultras are concerned, you can't really go wrong with BFG or EVGA, from my experience. I've never owned an XFX, so I can't speak for them. I do love my EVGA 6800 Ultra PCIe though. It came clocked at 425/1100 out of the box and does 450 without any problems.

what makes this card so different from other ultras, other then the only difference i see is that it has 25 more mhz then regular ultra.

Well... that extra 25MHz is also backed by a lifetime warranty. Sure, you'll probably never have the card anywhere over the 5 or so years that most others warranty thier cards for, but it does give you that warm and fuzzy feeling. :D

Back