WOW Beta

uB3rn00b3r

Limp Gawd
I just recently got DSL and I want to try a mmorpg but the only one that interests me that I know of is WOW. Is there anyway to still sign up? If not, when is the open beta scheduled to start. I am really looking forward to this game.

I was also thinking of trying Ragnarok Online, is it worth trying?

Ragnarok is old bitmap simulated 3d.. gah. I'd play City of Heroes until WOW comes out. Can't go wrong with it.. it rocks!

You can get EQ1 with the first 2 expansions for free plus a months play time for free at the SOE site...

I'm currently in WoW beta and it's on phase 3, it's really good but I'm not too sure about the monthly fee when it is released, might be too much?

They're doin a good job fixing bugs and updating though, the only real problem I have with this game is the ridiculous framerate in some areas (note that my computer is very decent). And some loading times also take long and you gotta wait it out until it settles, which is rather annoying.
Other than that it's really nice, fun, and addictive :) I also like Guild Wars and I dunno which I'm gunna buy later on in the year, probably GW since it has a free monthly play.

You could probably still sign up, someone I know signed me up for better chances of getting in, lo and behold I made it in within 2 days of the request ;)

|MaguS| said:
GW isn't a MMORPG, its nothing more then a Diablo 2 clone.

....GW is far from a diablo clone. The actual way it works online works like b.net but in game, but the game is far from being ANYTHING like diablo II.

Guild wars was a damn fun game and it sure did keep my excited while i played it more then most other lv treadmill boring mmorpgs out there did.

i am in the WOW beta, quite disappointing. nothing special about it. its just like any other mmorpg. nothing to wait for imho. i for one am going to get guild wars.

Another vote for City of Heroes...incredible game. It is the first time I've ever gone into the mmo realm and I am just having a blast.

stark said:
I'm currently in WoW beta and it's on phase 3, it's really good but I'm not too sure about the monthly fee when it is released, might be too much?

They're doin a good job fixing bugs and updating though, the only real problem I have with this game is the ridiculous framerate in some areas (note that my computer is very decent). And some loading times also take long and you gotta wait it out until it settles, which is rather annoying.
Other than that it's really nice, fun, and addictive :) I also like Guild Wars and I dunno which I'm gunna buy later on in the year, probably GW since it has a free monthly play.

You could probably still sign up, someone I know signed me up for better chances of getting in, lo and behold I made it in within 2 days of the request ;)

thats why its called beta

I've been playing Final Fantasy XI for the last month and I'm really liking it. The game is sooo polished and fun. The economy is very stable and robust and the Auction House provides a great central trading system (something I found very lacking in the other MMORPGs I've tried). I'm only to lvl 23 (out of 75) and I think I'll be playing this game for a long time.

-Ace-

SacLANd said:
i am in the WOW beta, quite disappointing. nothing special about it. its just like any other mmorpg. nothing to wait for imho. i for one am going to get guild wars.

I'm in the Guild Wars alpha, and ironically, I don't see anything special about it :eek: Same redundant stuff over and over again. You wanna trade your WoW beta account for my guildwars alpha account?

Applications from the US are not allowed in the Euro beta sign ups.

/bonk

FFXI is very redundant as with a lot of other mmorpg's. I played in some of the WoW sandboxes and it didnt impress me much either (though, running around in empty worlds doesnt impress anyone) but the graphics were okay and character creation was alright, but not nearly as fun as that of city of heroes. My vote goes to city of heroes. Though its still redundant in its areas, its action packed, lots and lots of replay with mixtures of hero classes, and my favorite, little to no downtime.

Scero said:
Applications from the US are not allowed in the Euro beta sign ups.

Ok well, I guess I'll take your word for it. I couldn't find any mention of that restriction and I was able to sign up. They even have "US" as a country option. Maybe they just trash all the US applications after harvesting your personal info.

I've been in other MMOG betas that were region and country specific and a number of them had many players from different countries around the world.

There were Europeans in the US beta. Just use a European adress if your worried. The rules do not say no one from the us is not allowed and the us is a selectable country.

Do you guys know if they are going to delete accounts/characters from the beta when it goes gold?

Baker said:
Do you guys know if they are going to delete accounts/characters from the beta when it goes gold?
yes they will delete the characters... don't know about the accounts though
most games do delete the characters when the betas end

I know when I beta'd for Diablo 2.. not the expansion... I got to keep my Beta Char for the origonal when it was released (b.net).... But they only alloud us to go to the BloodRaven.. and only few people made it past lvl 20

I've beta'd a few mmorpgs and at the end they delete the toons and the accounts and say thanks, you can go buy the game now.
City of Heros let you buy into the beta by pre-buying the game which activated a beta account and then after the wipe they gave you I think a 3 day head start on people that did not prebuy the game.

I still play DAoC.

I'd be pissed off if a yank got in ahead of me in the European beta. :mad: They should limit it to the countries, and check. I know Europeans are probably in the US beta, but they shouldnt be either.

I have no idea how they plan on enforcing the beta sign up's to Euros only. By all means, sign up. It cant hurt anything.

uB3rn00b3r said:
There were Europeans in the US beta. Just use a European adress if your worried. The rules do not say no one from the us is not allowed and the us is a selectable country.

Hehe, I live at the American Embassy in London according to my beta application. ;)

Baker said:
I know when I beta'd for Diablo 2.. not the expansion... I got to keep my Beta Char for the origonal when it was released (b.net).... But they only alloud us to go to the BloodRaven.. and only few people made it past lvl 20
World of Warcraft is a MMORPG...

Diablo2 isn't...

Back