WoW allowing pve-pvp xfers now

222 1/3 evil

Supreme [H]ardness
Yay for the carebear players xferring to pvp servers and getting stomped into the ground.

:D

I'm glad I quit that game last week. Just up and deleted all my toons and never looked back.

back in 2004, I ended up rolling in a pve server because my friend wasn't willing to play pvp (I would have preferred otherwise) I would have definitively enjoyed being able to switch to a pvp server later on.

So my plan is now, I am going to roll a toon on a PvE server for 30 days and see how far I can get and then xfer to my guilds pvp server LOL.

I just have to decide what class.... I have a geared out 70 mage and decently geared 70holy priest now.

I'm thinking warr or hunter

1) Uninstall WoW
2) Order WAR
3) enjoy the best of both worlds
4) ???
5) Profit

Gotta tell you there is no difference except 1. You don't get ganked.

World pvp is broken on PVP servers so there is no difference between pvp and pve anyways.

PVP is instanced based in WoW and the only benefit you have between the two is rolling on a pve server to not be ganked.

I rolled all classes on Bloodscalp (pvp) and I xfered 2 characters to Elune (pve)

I notice no difference at all except the fact I can't kill the alliance next to me outside of towns anymore for random ganking.

They should strip out these instanced bg's.. switch it back to old school TM vs SS type events w/ rewards for wrecking the other faction..

Blizz is just trying to satisfy everyone.. if they did what I would like you would have some whining 25+ yr old complaining he can't compete vs HS or college kids.

I'm waiting ot see what comes of WAR before I ever think about buying it.. till then I'll still play WoW w/ my family / friends.

Blizz is just trying to satisfy everyone.. if they did what I would like you would have some whining 25+ yr old complaining he can't compete vs HS or college kids.

I was agreeing with everything you said until the above statement...

Wtf does age have to do with it? HS kids are the ones who whine the most from what I can see anyways (due to immaturity, which they'll eventually get over).

Besides, I'm in my early 30's now and have won national competitions in PC games that required more than just "grinding" for hours on end.

not like pve vs pvp really matter much anymore. mostly just competition for dailies was more/less annoying depending on how you look at things.

it used to matter, when raids of either faction would be wandering the countryside, razing towns at will.

not like pve vs pvp really matter much anymore. mostly just competition for dailies was more/less annoying depending on how you look at things.

it used to matter, when raids of either faction would be wandering the countryside, razing towns at will.

Those were the days......

Um, this is a great change. And I say this as a player on a PvP server. It basically opens a whole other world when recruiting.

I was agreeing with everything you said until the above statement...

Wtf does age have to do with it? HS kids are the ones who whine the most from what I can see anyways (due to immaturity, which they'll eventually get over).

Besides, I'm in my early 30's now and have won national competitions in PC games that required more than just "grinding" for hours on end.

I guess I"m mainly saying this out of experience. I'm 27 myself. I get so pissed off because some season 4 equipped kid can beat my ass because I don't have the time to grind out arena / honor points.

Do I want them to be nerfed or make it easier for me to get epix? No because I"m a special case and I don't have a lot of time anymore to raid endless hours and pvp on the side.

You're right though age doesn't matter because I know some guys who don't work and just play WoW all day as well.

I guess I"m mainly saying this out of experience. I'm 27 myself. I get so pissed off because some season 4 equipped kid can beat my ass because I don't have the time to grind out arena / honor points.

Do I want them to be nerfed or make it easier for me to get epix? No because I"m a special case and I don't have a lot of time anymore to raid endless hours and pvp on the side.

You're right though age doesn't matter because I know some guys who don't work and just play WoW all day as well.

Hell, I know guys that do work and still play WoW all day.

How do they pay for the Mt. Dew, Fritos and subscription fee?

The only ones i see complaining about this are people on PVP servers that get some sort of satisfaction from ganking lower level or people with a lot less gear.

And before someone mentions the character in my sig.... I leveled my first couple characters on a PVP server, but I currently play on a PVE server. So, I've played on both.

I'd prefer that it be PvP->PvE transfers since I hate gankers & the whole idea of resilience in a PvE environment. Botches the whole balancing of fending for yourself when questing is the main focus.

Wow is a ridiculous amount of "grinding", no doubt about that. The more time you can spend on it, the better your character is, regardless of how skilled or unskilled you are. Skill always plays a role, but not nearly big enough in Wow.

And just FYI, I've had a full time job since the age of 15... I just spend most of my free time gaming.

I still can't believe how many people are taking this way out of proportion... I've played PVP from the start, and see no problem with someone who "had it easy" coming over to my server. This elitist shithead mentality of PVEers not "paying their dues" and then coming over to PVP is plain dumb.

Stop playing up your PVP servers to be these grueling gankfests, only endured by good players, because they really are not. And with the release of yet another expansion, it's good that Blizzard is letting friends transfer over to play together. The night these transfers went live, my friend at work was able to transfer his 70s over and that kept him in the game. Those who say these transfers are quitting over, are way too dramatic.

Some of you criticize Blizzard for making $$$ on this. Yes, what a bizarre concept. :rolleyes:

This almost makes me wanna play again. I cancelled about a month after I made my 3rd 70 and WotLK was announced. It'd be fun seeing the carebears getting ripped apart by hardcore PVPers. No, I'm not elite, I had rolled PVP because I enjoy world PVP, not battlegrounds, but the PVEers only PVP experience would be battlegrounds and "mutual" agreed combat. I long for the Southshore wars (pre-expansion, pre-battlegrounds) that would bring Comcast cable to its knees. Those were the days...
Enjoy your welfare epics. :(

I moved 3 70s from a PvP server to a RPPvE server to play with some guys from work. They all quit, with the new additions in the patch on the PTR now, this may be the one thing that get's me back...

Just can't quite pull the trigger on the tran$fer. Good move by Blizzard though.

Back