WoW: 9th expansion; Dragonflight

Did anyone finish the campaign?

I must be a real dumbass cause I can't seem to find the quest giver that my quest log tells me I need to find to continue the campaign.

My quest log says to Continue the campaign by accepting the quest Deathwingurlugull! in Azmerloth. However, it doesn't show on my actual map and when I go there, the quest giver is no where to be. All the way in Northrend
There is a portal you need to go in that zone with the time travelers will get you to Azmerloth.
If you are in a zone that looks like Northrend, you are in the right zone, find the quest giver near all of the friendly NPCs

There is a portal you need to go in that zone with the time travelers will get you to Azmerloth.
If you are in a zone that looks like Northrend, you are in the right zone, find the quest giver near all of the friendly NPCs
This. And Deathwingurlugull is awesome lol

welp. another year gone by. twiddling my thumbs over here. completely written this game off, uninstalled battle.net, wiped my addons folder, etc. I'm getting an itch for running random dungeons at a casual pace. halp

welp. another year gone by. twiddling my thumbs over here. completely written this game off, uninstalled battle.net, wiped my addons folder, etc. I'm getting an itch for running random dungeons at a casual pace. halp
lol, of all the games to be addicted to. The WoW worth that sort of attention has sailed off a long time ago.

lol, of all the games to be addicted to. The WoW worth that sort of attention has sailed off a long time ago.
man, I do just miss tanking something quick or just killing an hour doing something leisurely. Its also something that can be on the screen if kiddo comes in. I have Doom Eternal, but I can't have that up while he's around. just running randoms for an hour is something I can't find anywhere else.

I've been playing since launch, and my hard core days were probably BC to Legion, then I got super casual since.

I still play nightly, but no Raids or high key M+. I just level up alts, go for Transmogs and mounts, and will do some Mythic 0's for decent gear. St this point I don't give a crap about wanting or needing high gear score, just a decent iLvl and I'm happy enough.

I've been grinding battlegrounds and arenas for the gear.

Arenas still get the old heart pumping. A little less than back in the day since there's a queue now but still

Eh, I installed it but didn't buy the Dragonflight expansion. Didn't even bother booting it up. I play 100% solo and working with queues just isn't for me since DPS isn't really an option. And pugging M+ as tank/heals is just a world of suck.

Moving on I suppose.

welp. I give in. tried doing a few games the past week, nothing peaked my interest. I'll fire up this account tonight when I get home. play for a few months I guess. just continue that cycle.

Playing super casual. I'm having fun.

Play every night. Maybe for 1 hour or so. Just hit 70 on one character last week and working on a bunch of alts, I'm leveling up in DF.

I like transmog and mount hunting and now once your character is pretty decently geared at 70 you can do the old Shadowlands stuff for gear.

This part of an expansion is fun, everything new and unexplored to me, not knowing the new city that well, and learning the dungeons. I'll have fun for at least a solid couple months still, most likely 3 to 4 months before I'm bored again, and hopefully they release content patches like they recently mentioned, meaning smaller patches, but more often.

Last edited:
I had a ton of fun with it, but I'm more of a soloist at heart and after a certain point in WoW there just isn't a lot to do that doesn't start to feel repetitive. I will probably return now and then for big updates and expansions. The dragon flying and racing was easily my favorite thing. And the scale of the world in WoW is just massive. I enjoyed exploring the new isles and completing the new campaign. I have a lot of appreciation for all of the art and design work that must go into creating something like Dragonflight.

ya, I logged in last night. started on a fresh server as alliance. Been horde for like sixteen years now. made a hunter. kind of weird not playing a tank where I pull the group with me.

I like the new build format they have with the talents. I'm sure there's a min/max for everything, but how aggressive do I have to be with it? can I go with what I feel right, or am I going to be severely handicapped later on?

Played a BM hunter for a bit last night. Only in the teens. man oh man is dps boring. I'm used to smashing buttons, getting out of bad, maintaining five health bars, knowing fights.

I know I'm only doing the basics right now, but crap is it boring. even starting off tanking, I'm bombing through and pulling everything. I think I'm just going to try tanking again. do a warrior or something.

kind of a conundrum. I was looking for something a bit mroe slower paced with less stress and anxiety of knowing everything. but just following the group around isn't going to last long apparently.

Played a BM hunter for a bit last night. Only in the teens. man oh man is dps boring. I'm used to smashing buttons, getting out of bad, maintaining five health bars, knowing fights.

I know I'm only doing the basics right now, but crap is it boring. even starting off tanking, I'm bombing through and pulling everything. I think I'm just going to try tanking again. do a warrior or something.

kind of a conundrum. I was looking for something a bit mroe slower paced with less stress and anxiety of knowing everything. but just following the group around isn't going to last long apparently.

Vengeance Demon Hunter tanking is so much FUN. With the right talents they feel immortal, but can also dish out high dps.

Hunter is fun as a solo player. In classic WoW the class didn't really come into its own until around level 30-40. I have not played it in quite a while, though, so I'm not sure how the class plays these days. I was playing a Druid the last time I played the game a couple years ago.

Vengeance Demon Hunter tanking is so much FUN. With the right talents they feel immortal, but can also dish out high dps.
I tried tanking a bit last expansion, and I didn't care for the whole rune thing. setting down the different runes on the ground didn't quite....flow right.

I'm just going to start a warrior I think. instant queues. dabble in mythics then see where I go from there. maybe try arms or fury.

I tried tanking a bit last expansion, and I didn't care for the whole rune thing. setting down the different runes on the ground didn't quite....flow right.

I'm just going to start a warrior I think. instant queues. dabble in mythics then see where I go from there. maybe try arms or fury.

My alt is Fury Warrior, wow so much fun, warp speed fast attacks, non stop spells up for rotation. Arms is kinda dead since Legion, Arms in Legion may have been the best the class has been in many years, but lately it's just clunky and mediocre.

But veng DH Tanking is so good, I really like the feel and flow, and there are no "runes" or anything with that class, or stuff to drop on the ground? No. Except like Infernal Strike which I rarely use regular, I normally just throw glaive to start and pull the mobs towards me, and go from there.

https://www.method.gg/guides/vengeance-demon-hunter

https://www.wowhead.com/guide/classes/demon-hunter/vengeance/rotation-cooldowns-pve-tank

Last edited:
My alt is Fury Warrior, wow so much fun, warp speed fast attacks, non stop spells up for rotation. Arms is kinda dead since Legion, Arms in Legion may have been the best the class has been in many years, but lately it's just clunky and mediocre.

But veng DH Tanking is so good, I really like the feel and flow, and there are no "runes" or anything with that class, or stuff to drop on the ground? No. Except like Infernal Strike which I rarely use regular, I normally just throw glaive to start and pull the mobs towards me, and go from there.

https://www.method.gg/guides/vengeance-demon-hunter

https://www.wowhead.com/guide/classes/demon-hunter/vengeance/rotation-cooldowns-pve-tank
huh. I thought there were these runes or something you'd toss on the ground? I think one silenced mobs, another damaged, etc.

huh. I thought there were these runes or something you'd toss on the ground? I think one silenced mobs, another damaged, etc.
https://www.thegamer.com/world-of-warcraft-wow-dragonflight-vengeance-demon-hunter-complete-guide/

Your thinking of the Sigil's, the popular one being Sigil of Flame, with a 1min cd. I only use it in big boss fights, but for the typical run and gun gameplay I don't use it all that often.

Your core rotation would be like;

Ah yea, sigils. that's what I was thinking of. for whatever reason I thought there were more common to set down- like every pull.

I'm just going to start a(nother) warrior. I must have like ten of them now. I'll play one, get it to lower M+, then leave the game come warmer weather.

I did a hunter last night and I know its just starting off, but holy crap was the a borefest.

I've been playing since launch but for the first time ever I created a Warlock and trying out the different specs.

I have to say it's a wacky crazy spec to play. Destruction is back being the most straightforward one to play. It's just fun! Blasting enemies with chaos! Bolt then all the fire spells

Demonology is the preferred DF spec per all the guides. It's a little complicated for me to really get high DPS going, with all the imps and little demon operate to fight alongside you.

Girlfriend and I are considering trying this. Problem is we haven’t played since the warlords expansion which was like 8 years ago. Where would we even start?

Girlfriend and I are considering trying this. Problem is we haven’t played since the warlords expansion which was like 8 years ago. Where would we even start?
New character.

I've been playing since Open beta in 2004. I had an account for probably something like twelve years straight. Then I was taking breaks, and every time I returned, I was so lost when jumping onto an existing character. Try to find my footing and all. So I just started creating new characters when returning and its been great. Leveling is a cinch. It feels mores streamline after taking a year off.

Nowadays, I'll cancel my sub in March or so. Then return when winter hits. Just a lack of things to do when its below zero out.

But yea, new character and play along.

Leveling is super fast today. With Chromie time you can pick an expansion and level through it. I hadn't played since Legion, came back a couple weeks before launch.
Leveled my main and three alts, one brand new, to max during that time. Played maybe 2-3 hours a day. Was a nice refresher and helped me catch up.

ack. at a crossroads again.

Playing Arms. 30something. DPS queue isn't bad. like 2m maybe. I'm running these things, and the tanks don't have a freaking clue what they're doing. they get lost. stand in crap. prot warriors not charging or thunderclap. paladins not dropping conc. we had one guy so lost, I just switched to prot and ran the entire thing.

Like a mechanic that ends up going to a mechanic. or an IT guy calling tech support. I'll just do it myself, ffs.

now I'm going to do that until end game. then get all agitated and stressed out by trying to memorize paths and crap. haha

ack. at a crossroads again.

Playing Arms. 30something. DPS queue isn't bad. like 2m maybe. I'm running these things, and the tanks don't have a freaking clue what they're doing. they get lost. stand in crap. prot warriors not charging or thunderclap. paladins not dropping conc. we had one guy so lost, I just switched to prot and ran the entire thing.

Like a mechanic that ends up going to a mechanic. or an IT guy calling tech support. I'll just do it myself, ffs.

now I'm going to do that until end game. then get all agitated and stressed out by trying to memorize paths and crap. haha
They either might be new to the class or new to the game altogether. It's one thing to tell them to look it up, but I used to make a lot of friends in FFXI back in the day by sharing knowledge.

Some good replies, yeah. Others are pretty defensive that anyone would dare not like the "raid/m+ only" gameplay.

Right? LOL

So many current WoW players get real pissy if you question wanting something beyond just Raid or die crap. Personally I think Raids are dumb today, who has 4 hours to waste killing some meaningless video game monsters for that long, and sometimes get zero gear rewards, and then do the same thing all over again next week, and the week later, and next month, forever...No thanks.

Now I enjoy much quicker content, a fast low key M+ run for 30+ minutes is more my thing. Or World Boss for 2 minutes or a few WQs in 15 minutes. I like lesser time content, as opposed to a whopping 3 to 4 hours needed to Raid.

How are you all liking Dragonflight expansion so far?

I created this thread, many good replies;
https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2632856-Bored-after-2-months-of-DF
Most previous expansions I was also bored after a couple months. This one I'm still having fun.
I'm mostly do PvE, quest, renown, and mount grinds. Occasional M+ when the guild needs a warm body.
I probably spend 60% of my time on my main and the other 40% is split between five or six alts.
Started a guardian druid a few days ago...way more fun than I expected.
I still need to finish BfA and SL. Taking a break and missing the last two expansions was good thing for me.

Right? LOL

So many current WoW players get real pissy if you question wanting something beyond just Raid or die crap. Personally I think Raids are dumb today, who has 4 hours to waste killing some meaningless video game monsters for that long, and sometimes get zero gear rewards, and then do the same thing all over again next week, and the week later, and next month, forever...No thanks.

Now I enjoy much quicker content, a fast low key M+ run for 30+ minutes is more my thing. Or World Boss for 2 minutes or a few WQs in 15 minutes. I like lesser time content, as opposed to a whopping 3 to 4 hours needed to Raid.
I agree that WOW players get super defensive, but a good solid group of 10 can clear a normal raid in 2 hours. Which is what like 4 dungeons?

But, they do need to add more content soon. Which they do have a roadmap of. But we shall see. Currently im ilvl 402, and been doing herioc raid tries for awhile. It really depends on who you play with if you want to enjoy the higher tiered content.

All in all. DF is a great expansion, but it does need new content soon, which they are adding in.

Girlfriend and I haven't played wow since warlords. Is it worth coming back to? We don't have a ton of of time to get super serious but on weekends we like to nerd out.

I do like Dragonflight, it's way better than Shittylands, and BfA. I think the last best expansion was Legion, but Dragonflight is fun, just needs constant content updates, which it seems they are doing which is good.

Girlfriend and I haven't played wow since warlords. Is it worth coming back to? We don't have a ton of of time to get super serious but on weekends we like to nerd out.
Since Dragonflight changes so much of the core game. Flying, Professions, classes. I think its a great time to come back. There is a ton of PVE content to do as long as you don't rush it.

If you casually play 1-2 hours a day? There is plenty to do. Trading post is coming in soon too! Looking forward to that.

Level a hunter to 70 just to quest and do my own thing. Was really crnaking it out. The bug bit me, and now I'm healing again. HIt 70 on my priest the other day. just started on M+.

Probably my favorite expansion. Lots to do. The love the talent trees. Crafting makes about zero sense to me, but I'm actually using gear I make. Great content. The dragon racing is awesome.

Yep. I'm enjoying it.

Back