WoW: 9th expansion; Dragonflight

Man $50 for the expansion without a boost even....that seems pretty high for what you get this expansion so far. Looked at the physical collectors edition I normally get and they want $130 for that...might be the end of me buying collectors editions.

I won't preorder, but I will buy the standard edition or whatever. because, addiction.

Man $50 for the expansion without a boost even....that seems pretty high for what you get this expansion so far. Looked at the physical collectors edition I normally get and they want $130 for that...might be the end of me buying collectors editions.
Yeah it is pricey. I was thinking about the pre-order for the mount, pets, and boost. However, it looks like I need to also buy Shadowlands if I want the pre-order.
I really don't want to buy Shadowlands. Waiting until I hear more about the beta before I decide.

Yeah I am prob going to do the same thing minus the whole addiction part. I managed to stop playing last june, and have more or less not played since then. Ive logged in a few times though just to watch the last remanants of my guild fade away as the last few people transfer to another server. Ive discovered I really dont miss it much and have a lot more free time for other stuff and games.

Yeah it is pricey. I was thinking about the pre-order for the mount, pets, and boost. However, it looks like I need to also buy Shadowlands if I want the pre-order.
I really don't want to buy Shadowlands. Waiting until I hear more about the beta before I decide.

Id just wait until launch, most of the time when the prepatch launches you no longer need the previous expansion to get the next one. I have no plans to reward blizzards bad behaviour with a free loan for 6 months, you will still be able to buy all that stuff at launch anyway...digital stuff never runs out.

I won't preorder, but I will buy the standard edition or whatever. because, addiction.

Same.

I wonder if Blizzard will do a bait and switch? Tell everyone now the games releasing before end of year, get all the preorder money now.

Then around Thanksgiving time announce the delay to Spring 2023.

Same.

I wonder if Blizzard will do a bait and switch? Tell everyone now the games releasing before end of year, get all the preorder money now.

Then around Thanksgiving time announce the delay to Spring 2023.

Yeah not like they havent done that before, I dont see how they can get it released that early and not have it suck from bugs and other issues. Thats why I am taking the wait and see approach, Im in no hurry to throw my money away.

More I think about it, no way Dragonflight comes out this year.

Heck to come out in December, and no beta yet, that'd only be like 5 months of beta testing before release. Which as far as I know has never happened, typically 6 to 8 months is the norm for beta, which puts the release more like Feb to April.

But there hasn't been sn official friends and family alpha test announcement yet either? Has there? So beta might not start till Aug / Sept then.

I'm still saying Blizzard knows the real release date and it's certainly not Nov / Dec this year, most likely March / April 2023, but Blizzard will be quiet now to take in the preorder money, then around Thanksgiving time announce the delay ( which isn't an actual delay )

I was very surprised to see them somewhat commit to releasing Dragonflight this year. Not long ago they were talking all about Shadowlands Season 4, which has not even started yet. Last I heard, Season 4 might start as late as September. That would be one VERY short season, especially when you consider that there will inevitably also be a pre-expansion patch before Dragonflight, which is actually when many of the new changes will be introduced. A Spring release of Dragonflight would have been better IMO.

Just saying Blizz is having a sale atm and shadowlands is 50% off.

Regarding the new talent trees;

Not my post, but very good point made;

Typeß

For anyone who cant tell, there really is no hybridity in the new talent system, most the CLASS TREE are the abilities you could have gotten leveling up as normal and selecting a spec, there is nothing hybrid about this, when you choose all your talents at the end of the day you will LITERALLY be the exact same character you are right now with NO MEANINGFUL choice…i.e. Are you gonna NOT TAKE the unholy pet talent in class tree and try to be unholy spec ? NO because half your kit will be useless if you did that. TALENTS are meant to ENHANCE your abilities not make you CHOOSE TO HAVE YOUR CLASS ABILITIES THAT YOU USED TO GET JUST FOR LEVELING. I really hate blizzard sometimes, they are taking your normal class and breaking it apart and letting you “reselect” those abilities to make it FEEL like you are getting something new when you arent. This just shows how desperate they are to change ANYTHING to make the game feel different, they have NO VISION left and it hurts. IM definitely not paying money for nothing new, and in fact maybe pruned from what SL is to play the EXACT same rotation for the next 3 years…AGAIN.

As I posted in the other thread, the new talents trees are the same things we have now, but with extra steps. You’re still going to choose between the same talents we have now on each row, but with the added clutter of having to put points in all your basic spec and class abilities.

Blizzard, go back to vanilla, tbc, and wrath and look at those trees for examples. Don't bother wasting time on a system that does the exact same thing as the current talents, but has a different coat of paint.

Like I would love a true hybrid class option, allow Death Knight Tank to be like a combo of Blood + Unholy, give me a pet and some diseases to spread, even if a combo spec isn't the recommended top Raiding or M+ spec, let us have a fun mix of different specs combined if we'd like. Or a reworking for Havoc Demon Hunter, give us a revised rotation and some new spells, or allow some Vengeance spells in Havoc. They should mix it up, allow funky new combo spec;s with new rotations, etc... But sounds like we're getting nothing new, will just be the same builds at the end of the day, with pretty much the same rotations.

Last edited:
Yeah a lot of the things like this is making we wait until after the game launches to decide if I will play it. Blizzard always seems to screw things up and have to patch them to get them working as intended. Plus with less than 6 months to launch with no beta in sight yet, it doesnt look good for a stable well working game any time soon.

I'm getting burnt out again. Just brought a monk to 60. Been tanking a bit. Getting fizzled out though. Haven't played in a few days. Probably take the swing to path of exile on the next league.

Regarding the new talent trees;

Not my post, but very good point made;

Typeß

For anyone who cant tell, there really is no hybridity in the new talent system, most the CLASS TREE are the abilities you could have gotten leveling up as normal and selecting a spec, there is nothing hybrid about this, when you choose all your talents at the end of the day you will LITERALLY be the exact same character you are right now with NO MEANINGFUL choice…i.e. Are you gonna NOT TAKE the unholy pet talent in class tree and try to be unholy spec ? NO because half your kit will be useless if you did that. TALENTS are meant to ENHANCE your abilities not make you CHOOSE TO HAVE YOUR CLASS ABILITIES THAT YOU USED TO GET JUST FOR LEVELING. I really hate blizzard sometimes, they are taking your normal class and breaking it apart and letting you “reselect” those abilities to make it FEEL like you are getting something new when you arent. This just shows how desperate they are to change ANYTHING to make the game feel different, they have NO VISION left and it hurts. IM definitely not paying money for nothing new, and in fact maybe pruned from what SL is to play the EXACT same rotation for the next 3 years…AGAIN.

As I posted in the other thread, the new talents trees are the same things we have now, but with extra steps. You’re still going to choose between the same talents we have now on each row, but with the added clutter of having to put points in all your basic spec and class abilities.

Blizzard, go back to vanilla, tbc, and wrath and look at those trees for examples. Don't bother wasting time on a system that does the exact same thing as the current talents, but has a different coat of paint.

Like I would love a true hybrid class option, allow Death Knight Tank to be like a combo of Blood + Unholy, give me a pet and some diseases to spread, even if a combo spec isn't the recommended top Raiding or M+ spec, let us have a fun mix of different specs combined if we'd like. Or a reworking for Havoc Demon Hunter, give us a revised rotation and some new spells, or allow some Vengeance spells in Havoc. They should mix it up, allow funky new combo spec;s with new rotations, etc... But sounds like we're getting nothing new, will just be the same builds at the end of the day, with pretty much the same rotations.
This is why I liked FF11's subjob system. While not all combinations are viable, it does bring a variety of utility to a party structure. You can either fill in the gaps of your primary job or reinforce its strengths.

This is why I liked FF11's subjob system. While not all combinations are viable, it does bring a variety of utility to a party structure. You can either fill in the gaps of your primary job or reinforce its strengths.

And the cherry on top is that interrupts are now talents. Blizzard, you had an opportunity for greatness, here. Yet you decided to fuck it up. Again.

"Interrupts" are talents now. Ugh. So these bloated new talent trees are nothing new at all, we'll just select all this stuff, just to be right back where we are now. Man I was hoping for some super cool cross spec combos and funky new talents to create a weird hybrid spec, but that's not happening, it's just dozens of talents to fill in, only to be the same character as in Shittylands.

They havent released rogue trees yet, but looking at the ones they have I can see what you say already. Here are some trees to build the same char you have now with no real changes....but trees are cool right...

And the cherry on top is that interrupts are now talents. Blizzard, you had an opportunity for greatness, here. Yet you decided to fuck it up. Again.

"Interrupts" are talents now. Ugh. So these bloated new talent trees are nothing new at all, we'll just select all this stuff, just to be right back where we are now. Man I was hoping for some super cool cross spec combos and funky new talents to create a weird hybrid spec, but that's not happening, it's just dozens of talents to fill in, only to be the same character as in Shittylands.
They used to have talent trees and almost everyone would play with the same spec because that was the optimal one, that's why the removed it, not sure why they want to nring it back if they can't make it a usefull addition to the game.

Actually a good mature / professional mini review of the Dragonflight alpha.

Last edited:
ya. canceled my account. meh.

picking up Path of Exile again when the new league comes out.

Yeah pretty much a big meh for me so far, I have yet to see anything that wows me to want to play. Normally by this close to launch I would be all excited to play the new expansion, but I am not even really interested in anything in the game yet.

I'm actually more optimistic at this point. The few channels I follow about WoW have mostly positive things to say about the alpha so far, after being critical of Blizzard for years.
The customization options for the dracthyr are impressive, but that isn't a feature that would bring me back. I'm still wait and see at this point.

The one BIG positive thing for Dragonflight, is Blizzard finally admitted no more borrowed power systems in this expansion, like the crap we've had since WoD. That is a pretty big deal, no Artifact weapon or netherlight crucible stuff, no Azerite gear or Essences, no Covenant gear and soulbinds.

A lot of WoW fans say MoP was one of the best expansions in just for the character and classes and specs and tuning, and how the game worked with gear, etc... Dragonflight looks to be going back more towards that way of WoW.

Last edited:
Some people expanded on the Renown in DF;

They said from the start that they're using a Renown system, but that it works slightly differently - notably, you can run multiple at the same time as opposed to picking and committing to a single one, and the rewards are supposedly cosmetic/convenience only and not power.

No that's not what they said, this has been known for a while you just can do all them at the same time and don't have to pick anymore, no throughput is gained from them.

What's with the cartoony aesthetic? Blizzard always went pseudorealistic with their cinematics in the past. I immediately thought of How to Train Your Dragon when I saw this.

Yawp. This game is deader than dead. If I were to do anything with it, it'd be a private server or something. The retail is so far off from where it started.

Back