WoW; 6h expansion Legion

Tanks here ? Which do you prefer ?

I'm a casual everyday player if that makes sense. I have a 110 DH Veng Tank, I play every night after I put the kids to bed and before I got to bed, so maybe playing from like 8:30PM - 10:00PM. I am Level 110 iLvl 840 only, I haven't run Mythics yet, just some Normal Raids runs as secondary Tank.

Point is, my old school Main is a 110 Paladin Tank iLvl 810 only, that I have been playing since BC days, I LOVE that guy, but to be honest, playing the Demon Hunter just feels more FUN, and the different Warglaive appearances, and play style, this Demon Hunter is just a blast to play, and puts a smile on my face. My Paladin is slowly collecting dust, as he feels boring, and jut ho hum with his simple rotation, and really no new new Paladin gear appearances I am itching to get, I already have tons of cool Mog plate gear for him.

I also have a DK Tank and Warrior Tank, both still at Level 101, I have zero interest in playing either during Legion, after having FUN with the Demon Hunter. It's a fresh new class to play, something different and I am enjoying it a lot IMO. Maybe next expansion I'll go back to my other Tanks full time.

But I will say, my Paladin Tank does feel safer and easier to play on Boss fights, and trash mobs with easy AoE and better CC for me on the Paladin Tank over the DH Tank, and when the situation gets hairy, I do feel the Pally Tank can handle the tough fights without me getting nervous and worrying, whereas the Demon Hunter, I have to be very aware and on top of my A+ Game to feel good on the boss fights. But the Paladin is so boring...

850 Prot Warrior here. I worked on a druid tank for a few levels, and it was too boring. I feel like the warrior has a few more tools to use.

I'm in the process of making the switch to fury. I'm only doing ~200k dps so I need to work on that. I did get the legendary bracers though with the 1% healing for every 10 rage used. Getting groups is the hardest. Using the premade group thing, I'll get 50 declines before I finally enter a half assed reg mythic that takes over an hour. I joined a guild the other day to start doing that stuff with mythics, but they're all obsessed with "logs" and making sure I'm hitting the right buttons at the right time. Before I can join them on a raid, they tell me I need to do a trial run to run my logs to decide if I can join them regularly. Iunno. Whatever happened to just showing up, having a good time, downing a few bosses, and not scrutinizing each player?

Getting groups is the hardest. Using the premade group thing, I'll get 50 declines before I finally enter a half assed reg mythic that takes over an hour. I joined a guild the other day to start doing that stuff with mythics, but they're all obsessed with "logs" and making sure I'm hitting the right buttons at the right time. Before I can join them on a raid, they tell me I need to do a trial run to run my logs to decide if I can join them regularly. Iunno. Whatever happened to just showing up, having a good time, downing a few bosses, and not scrutinizing each player?

That right there is why I just solo and run lfd/lfr. My guild is mostly dead but I feel no desire to find a new one. So far the majority of the lfd and lfr groups I've joined the people are there for fun and not nitpicking everything. Premade groups seem to be the exact opposite.

That right there is why I just solo and run lfd/lfr. My guild is mostly dead but I feel no desire to find a new one. So far the majority of the lfd and lfr groups I've joined the people are there for fun and not nitpicking everything. Premade groups seem to be the exact opposite.
I really wish I could find a guild on my server of like 20 folks that run just dungeons. I've done the whole 50h+ a week raiding back in BC and LK. Farming mats, running strats, getting replacement players, organizing raid nights, sorting applications, etc. I don't want to go back to that. I just want to log on and play.

850 Prot Warrior here. I worked on a druid tank for a few levels, and it was too boring. I feel like the warrior has a few more tools to use.

I'm in the process of making the switch to fury. I'm only doing ~200k dps so I need to work on that. I did get the legendary bracers though with the 1% healing for every 10 rage used. Getting groups is the hardest. Using the premade group thing, I'll get 50 declines before I finally enter a half assed reg mythic that takes over an hour. I joined a guild the other day to start doing that stuff with mythics, but they're all obsessed with "logs" and making sure I'm hitting the right buttons at the right time. Before I can join them on a raid, they tell me I need to do a trial run to run my logs to decide if I can join them regularly. Iunno. Whatever happened to just showing up, having a good time, downing a few bosses, and not scrutinizing each player?

Screw that Guild, I wouldn't join a Guild with that elitist attitude, those are the ones that kill the game, and force people to unsub out of frustration. I like Guilds that Raid casually, if you have time, and are just ok geared, then you get the Normal Raids to run, if you better geared and more experienced you run Heroic Raids with them, and if you are elite super geared top end, and know your shit, you can run Mythic Raids.

Myself, I am not just a normal Raider at most for current content. I am nowhere geared enough to be running Heroic/Mythic Raids, plus those can be very stressful to Tank.

Screw that Guild, I wouldn't join a Guild with that elitist attitude, those are the ones that kill the game, and force people to unsub out of frustration. I like Guilds that Raid casually, if you have time, and are just ok geared, then you get the Normal Raids to run, if you better geared and more experienced you run Heroic Raids with them, and if you are elite super geared top end, and know your shit, you can run Mythic Raids.

Myself, I am not just a normal Raider at most for current content. I am nowhere geared enough to be running Heroic/Mythic Raids, plus those can be very stressful to Tank.
Eh, I can't really fault them. Years and years ago my guild was like that. Then again, I didn't have an issue with 50h+ a week gaming. This guild I just joined are OK guys, just not quite what I'm looking for. He gave me a bunch of flasks, food, and a couple gems. He was nice enough, but not exactly what I really want to get into.

Before I can join them on a raid, they tell me I need to do a trial run to run my logs to decide if I can join them regularly. Iunno. Whatever happened to just showing up, having a good time, downing a few bosses, and not scrutinizing each player?

What difficulty do they raid? You said you joined them "to start doing that stuff with mythics", if they're raiding mythics then you're not really stepping into a "show up and have a good time, paying attention is optional" type situation. Requiring logs etc for heroic or normals is unreasonable IMO, in-fact requiring them for normals would make me /gquit and find another guild tbh.

What difficulty do they raid? You said you joined them "to start doing that stuff with mythics", if they're raiding mythics then you're not really stepping into a "show up and have a good time, paying attention is optional" type situation. Requiring logs etc for heroic or normals is unreasonable IMO, in-fact requiring them for normals would make me /gquit and find another guild tbh.
They just finished normals and are moving to heroics. So, its understandable. I guess there was just a mix up in communication when I was chatting with one of their officers. I asked about mythic dungeons/normal raids and he said I'd fit in just fine. I got the invite and the first thing that got laid on me was them "running my logs" during the raid that night to see if I was acceptable. The issue was I was all setup for tanking on my warrior and just swapping to fury, so I decided to hold off until I was itemized better.

Though, I just can't seem to DPS on my warrior. I don't know why. I've tried arms, and the focused rage rotation was so boring. Swapped to fury, and I just suck at it. I don't know what it is. I have the rotation down, but my numbers are below 200k at ilvl 851. I do my best to keep myself enraged, but I still do terrible. That, and I'm always dying. I have tanking down to a science though.

I primarily played a holy priest in WOD so I switched to using him as shadow. Love the playstyle. So I'm going to switch to him. And healing isn't bad because its not as stressful as tanking.

ilvl 850 fire mage here and I cant seem to break 170k dps under normal rotations, Im only @ 46% crit though. I keep hearing i need atleast 55% to be a valid in M+5 or higher. My ignites arent stacking like I need them to be yet... Oh im also AK 6 :(

My Demon Hunter

odien.jpg

My work in progress DH, going for that Darth Maul look. Still working on new set of pants, and different gloves, and belt. But getting close to perfecting this.

158813462-profilemain.jpg12-01_zpsamz8la8q.jpg

Last edited:
decided to buy to try, pretty sure my old guild is all gone lol, anyone on thrall horde?

I have four Tanks in Legion, and I'm more of a casual player, most hard content I play is lower end Mythic dungeons and Normal Raids;

- Level 110 DH @ i865
- Level 110 Paladin @ i840
- Level 104 Warrior
- Level 103 Death Knight

Demon Hunter;
Out of those four, I would say the Demon Hunter is the most FUN to play, but yes they are very spikey on health, and I am never 100% confident with them on big boss fights. I like the DH class, but the squishy feel is worrisome at times as a Tank.

Paladin;
My Paladin I am finding very boring, yes he feels rock solid and a tough guy Tanking, but man it plays so lame. But the Paladin just owns trash mobs, I feel like I can handle 30 mobs all at once with this Paladin. The AoE is amazing

Warrior;
Warrior Tanking I am new at, just started War Tanking at Level 100, now 104, and I do not like it one bit. Self healing seems very low, and the overall play style I just can't get used too. Not a fan.

Death Knight;
I just dusted off my old DK, got him to 103 this weekend, and I am surprised at how easy and smooth they play. And the self healing is off the charts great. The spell rotation is very simple, maybe too simple, and Death Strike is always there to heal you BIG TIME. I thought the Demon Hunter had great self heals, but this DK seems even better at healing. And they dish out some good DPS. Not sure if they tweaked DK Tanks in patch 7.1 ? But I recall playing him last in the pre expansion for Legion, and I hated him, but they seem improved since then now ?

To wrap up, I'd rank my four Tanks, as far as fun, and self healing, tough guys;

#1 = DH
#2 = DK
#3 = Paladin
#4 = Warrior

I have four Tanks in Legion, and I'm more of a casual player, most hard content I play is lower end Mythic dungeons and Normal Raids;

- Level 110 DH @ i865
- Level 110 Paladin @ i840
- Level 104 Warrior
- Level 103 Death Knight

Demon Hunter;
Out of those four, I would say the Demon Hunter is the most FUN to play, but yes they are very spikey on health, and I am never 100% confident with them on big boss fights. I like the DH class, but the squishy feel is worrisome at times as a Tank.

Paladin;
My Paladin I am finding very boring, yes he feels rock solid and a tough guy Tanking, but man it plays so lame. But the Paladin just owns trash mobs, I feel like I can handle 30 mobs all at once with this Paladin. The AoE is amazing

Warrior;
Warrior Tanking I am new at, just started War Tanking at Level 100, now 104, and I do not like it one bit. Self healing seems very low, and the overall play style I just can't get used too. Not a fan.

Death Knight;
I just dusted off my old DK, got him to 103 this weekend, and I am surprised at how easy and smooth they play. And the self healing is off the charts great. The spell rotation is very simple, maybe too simple, and Death Strike is always there to heal you BIG TIME. I thought the Demon Hunter had great self heals, but this DK seems even better at healing. And they dish out some good DPS. Not sure if they tweaked DK Tanks in patch 7.1 ? But I recall playing him last in the pre expansion for Legion, and I hated him, but they seem improved since then now ?

To wrap up, I'd rank my four Tanks, as far as fun, and self healing, tough guys;

#1 = DH
#2 = DK
#3 = Paladin
#4 = Warrior

They're trying to smooth out the spikey nature of DH tanking in 7.1.5. They're moving some of the reduction from Demon Spikes to other cd abilities, and they're increasing base armor iirc.

I definitely love the overall playstyle of DH tanking, though. I feel like the overall toolkit is strong (especially utility and mobility), it just needs some survivability tuning for high end raiding.

Well Legion has been out around 3 to 4 months now, and I am starting to back off the game slowly. I'm still playing 6 or 7 nights a week, but way less time, maybe just play for half hour to 45 minutes or so each night.

It's the gear grind again. I have 4 Tanks I am leveling up;

- Level 110 Demon Hunter Tank @ i860
- Level 110 Paladin Tank @ i830
- Level 104 Death Knight Tank
- Level 101 Warrior Tank

My Guild is all i885+ geared, and I just don't have the patience to get my main that hardcore, it becomes a chore going after that highest end gear.

Well Legion has been out around 3 to 4 months now, and I am starting to back off the game slowly. I'm still playing 6 or 7 nights a week, but way less time, maybe just play for half hour to 45 minutes or so each night.

It's the gear grind again. I have 4 Tanks I am leveling up;

- Level 110 Demon Hunter Tank @ i860
- Level 110 Paladin Tank @ i830
- Level 104 Death Knight Tank
- Level 101 Warrior Tank

My Guild is all i885+ geared, and I just don't have the patience to get my main that hardcore, it becomes a chore going after that highest end gear.
I hear ya! I'm in the same boat. Got an 860 warrior and an 870 priest. If I could find a guild that ran m+ dungeons continuously I'd stick with it. I've gone through three guilds so far though. All say they run m+ dungeons and not once had ever ran them when I was there. WQ's are getting repetitive too. I've been poking around for new games. Picked up Titanfall 2 for short money but that raises my blood pressure to unhealthy levels. >.<

Iunno. Perhaps I'll start D3 when season 8 ends in about a month.

I hear ya! I'm in the same boat. Got an 860 warrior and an 870 priest. If I could find a guild that ran m+ dungeons continuously I'd stick with it. I've gone through three guilds so far though. All say they run m+ dungeons and not once had ever ran them when I was there. WQ's are getting repetitive too. I've been poking around for new games. Picked up Titanfall 2 for short money but that raises my blood pressure to unhealthy levels. >.<

Iunno. Perhaps I'll start D3 when season 8 ends in about a month.

My Guild does high end Raids, but to get on their schedule and run Mythic dungeons with them is near impossible. They super cool and very friendly, but I can't follow their schedule. So for me to go from i860 to their i890 requires time I just don't have, nor do I want to do that grind all the time. I already get bored running Heroic and Mythic dungeons, it gets so repetitive.

I think that's why I quit WoW typically 6 months after a new expansion, everyone gets so uber geared, I can't keep up with them.

I'm playing less, but there are a few things keeping my interest enough to log in a few times a week. Otherwise in the same boat as you guys. My main is 860+ so to advance more I'd have to join a different guild to do mythics or pray to the RNG. I just can't get excited about that.

I do enjoy the ongoing story content every week in Suramar, that will keep me around for a bit longer. Hope they continue with that kind of content.

I'm playing less, but there are a few things keeping my interest enough to log in a few times a week. Otherwise in the same boat as you guys. My main is 860+ so to advance more I'd have to join a different guild to do mythics or pray to the RNG. I just can't get excited about that.

I do enjoy the ongoing story content every week in Suramar, that will keep me around for a bit longer. Hope they continue with that kind of content.

Well you keep up with the quest chain you will get a mount that auto masks you in suramar. I do like the chain quest that comes out each week.

Im hoping the constant ganking by lv 110's on my mage as i level is over now, asked support if they do any trials to check out the game again and he added 10 days of time to my account :D

My DK Tank; Need the T17 Legs and different Tabard

Paladin Tank; I need new Legs and better Chest to go with the red / black theme

Last edited:
I wish more people would respond about the game ? How are you liking Legion ?

Boring as fuck. Started out really good but they decided adding shitloads of tedium was actual content. Feeling like you HAVE to do WQs or farm mythics for the chance at legendaries is shit design. The whole legendary system is shit borrowed from a flopped shit game... The fact that i have 5 110s with 8 legendaries between them and NONE of them are even good ones for the specs i play is shit. The toons with 2 shit legendaries now have a huge uphill battle to get another and HOPE its not garbage as well. Its stupid, Too much RNG in class design, too much RNG in gear drops.

Legendaries basically replaced real talents except you could choose talents with legendaries you get what RNGeses gives you. The whole system just pisses me off. Getting a legendary should be an awesome experience and its just been a massive let down for me 8 times now...

The artifact system could have been so much more than it is. Basically it only really matters until everyone is on the last trait then its all a wash.

I wish more people would respond about the game ? How are you liking Legion ?

It's a 12 year old game.

Somehow we all get suckered-in to buying the latest expansion and then quit two months later.

I killed my sub in late Jan.

I went back to Dalaran-WoW and I only touch that for about an hour, once a week.

My beef is the gear grind again. People used to bitch about having to show their the iGear or iLvl to get into Raids, but it's still here.

You can easily get to i850 in Legion super fast. Just DING 110, and then WQ your balls off, and you'll be i850 in no time. Now getting to that i890 I see a lot of people with, is very time consuming, and requires luck too. I have run a bunch of Normal EN and NH Raids this past month, and NOT ONE DROP for me, except two, which I already had equipped from World Boss fights. To say that's frustrating is a major understatement. I basically ran like 7 or 8 Normal Raids, and got ZERO upgrades I could use.

It's easy to be at that i850/i855 gear level, but getting them to i880+ level is pretty frigging hard when drops don't go your way.

And what's up with Class Hall Order gear ? Starts at shitty i820, and maxes at like i840 WTF is that ? USELESS. Class Hall gear should max out at least like i865.

And how the hell are these Plate Tanks running around with 5,000 health already ? I have several Paladin and Death Knight Tanks in my guild, and all have over 5k health, normal, without potions or spells. I'm dying to get my DK Tank at the 4k health mark, and not there yet, but 5k ? wowo

I wish I could get into it. I WANT to be into it. But, I had such a close group of friends I played with who don't play anymore. And, now that there are a bazillion guilds out there its impossible to find one with good people in it to play with. I'm at 103 and just let my sub expire. I so want to be able to play this and have fun though.

I do like Legion, but the gear grind is frustrating.

I'm embarrassed to admit, but I'm a big Transmog nerd. I love running old Raids and hunting down that specific sword, or certain helm or shoulders. If Transmog wasn't in the game, I'm sure I'd be bored to death and unsub

As a casual player you can get to i855 easy and quick enough. But if you want to play with the big boys and want the i890 iLvl it requires too much grinding for my tastes.

I wish I could get into it. I WANT to be into it. But, I had such a close group of friends I played with who don't play anymore. And, now that there are a bazillion guilds out there its impossible to find one with good people in it to play with. I'm at 103 and just let my sub expire. I so want to be able to play this and have fun though.

Same here, I was huge into the game up until the expansion prior to last, then went somewhat casual last expansion, before quitting altogether. My group of friends still plays for the most part, but I just can't get back into it. Part of me wants to though, can't lie.

Same here, I was huge into the game up until the expansion prior to last, then went somewhat casual last expansion, before quitting altogether. My group of friends still plays for the most part, but I just can't get back into it. Part of me wants to though, can't lie.

If you happen to be on Cenarius contact someone in FriendshipLegion. Multiple raid nights both normal and heroic (very laid back with no strict requirements) Brawlers guild nights, Mythic + runs, something we call fail hard fridays where people play an off spec they arte not used to and run heroic/mythic content.

Its a good group of people and almost always 20+ on at any given time

Back