WoW; 6h expansion Legion

Well I feel like an idiot. I thought the world dungeon quest that rewarded mythic gear meant you had to do them on mythic, you don't. Normal nets the gear someone told me, sure enough replaced my 810 ring with an 845 from a normal dungeon run ><

Weird thing that has been happening to me are the tank queues. My Prot Warrior is 84. I'll queue, wait <1m, and it pops. Finish the dungeon, leave, and requeue. I'll be waiting there for like 20m. Been like this every night this week. Weird.

I've been leveling 6 or 7 toons regularly, just enjoying the stories. Lock, mage, dk, sham, outlaw (so much fun!) pally and feral Druid. Don't forget to get the mobile companion on your phone. If you bank enough resources for your hall you can send your minions out to get artifact boosts or Xp every few hours

World of Warcraft never looked so good.

Hidden boss in Vault of the Wardens dungeon.

WoWScrnShot_091816_201713.jpg

Well I feel like an idiot. I thought the world dungeon quest that rewarded mythic gear meant you had to do them on mythic, you don't. Normal nets the gear someone told me, sure enough replaced my 810 ring with an 845 from a normal dungeon run ><

Shit, I wish I read this earlier than right now :(

So now that Raids are live, which Tanks seems best so far ?

I four Tanks, a Level 100 DK, a 102 Warrior, a Paladin 103, and Demon Hunter 106. Not sure which one to concentrate as my new main for Legion ?

I only have time to play for an hour every night, sometimes two hours. So I can't play 4 different Tanks, I can only concentrate on 1 main, and a secondary. I do really like the feel and mobility of the Demon Hunter, they seem really cool. And my Paladin has been my main since day one in BC. The DK I am not liking in Legion, and don't care for him right now. And the Warrior is brand new to me, I boosted to 100 to try War Tanking, I like it, but it feels so different than my Paladin ( which has a solid and comfortable feeling rotation ) whereas the Warrior rotation is super flaky and makes me nervous.

Opinion ?

Played a majority of the weekend. Got lots of BI achievements, wrapping up some of the simple stuff. Continuing to work on herbalism and alchemy, and enjoying the quest lines from those. il is still in the 830s, but working on the Nightfallen rep should help. I seriously dislike the withered army training scenario. All in all, I'm having fun.

Played a majority of the weekend. Got lots of BI achievements, wrapping up some of the simple stuff. Continuing to work on herbalism and alchemy, and enjoying the quest lines from those. il is still in the 830s, but working on the Nightfallen rep should help. I seriously dislike the withered army training scenario. All in all, I'm having fun.

The Army training is one of my favorite parts!!! You have a chance to get a quest item in the chest that leads you to the Fox Mount.

So now that Raids are live, which Tanks seems best so far ?

I four Tanks, a Level 100 DK, a 102 Warrior, a Paladin 103, and Demon Hunter 106. Not sure which one to concentrate as my new main for Legion ?

I only have time to play for an hour every night, sometimes two hours. So I can't play 4 different Tanks, I can only concentrate on 1 main, and a secondary. I do really like the feel and mobility of the Demon Hunter, they seem really cool. And my Paladin has been my main since day one in BC. The DK I am not liking in Legion, and don't care for him right now. And the Warrior is brand new to me, I boosted to 100 to try War Tanking, I like it, but it feels so different than my Paladin ( which has a solid and comfortable feeling rotation ) whereas the Warrior rotation is super flaky and makes me nervous.

Opinion ?

I've always wanted to try good old classic prot warrior but just never got around to it. In legion i'm having an absolute blast with my paladin. I've played since vanilla beta so I have 1 or 2 of every class so I've always had a paladin atleast up to max level, but this expansion is my first time my pally is going to be my main, not sure how the other tanks are in legion, but the pally seems pretty fool proof. Not to mention prot leveling is just insane. I can't pull mobs fast enough, they are too spread out imo lol. I can grab a good half dozen or more quest mobs and just chew them all down without blinking an eye.

I'd love to tank... but the problem is I have a hard time picking out mobs sometimes, I have to tab through them. Hard to explain, it's like I lose focus when you get like five mobs plus toons crammed into a small area.

I'd love to tank... but the problem is I have a hard time picking out mobs sometimes, I have to tab through them. Hard to explain, it's like I lose focus when you get like five mobs plus toons crammed into a small area.

I can't stand cramped dungeons where you are practically forced into first person. Black Rook Hold has several spots like that.

Tab targeting has been messed up for ages. I can tab from one guy next to me and instead of going to the target right in front of me it will go to the left or right to something out of site and not in combat or range.

I have a DK tank and DH that I have both played while leveling, both are fun, but I won't step into a dungeon to tank with them for the above reasons.

I have completed 7/7 heroic EM and as a DH tank I can say that warrior is currently better. DH have a lot of self heals, but that is their weakness. Warrior tank makes that up with skills that lower damage and when you have a dedicated healer then a tank who can soak more damage is simply better.
However, I have had no issues tanking with my DH, and it's a lot of fun. They are solo machines, just like blood DK. I am sticking to my DH even though I have a 100 warrior I could easily level and gear up.

Just some context, I've been playing wow on and off since launch in 2004.

The last time I really enjoyed the game was during WotLK.

Since cataclysm I've lost hope, I usually fall into the trap of buying the exp then I don't play after I hit level cap because it gets boring.

Last night I purchased legion, I was blown away by the quality of the quest lines, it's much more engaging , you can actually follow the story... I've extremely pleasantly surprised, and I sincerely hope it stays this engaging even at 110.

Haven't felt this immersed since WotLK

Just some context, I've been playing wow on and off since launch in 2004.

The last time I really enjoyed the game was during WotLK.

Since cataclysm I've lost hope, I usually fall into the trap of buying the exp then I don't play after I hit level cap because it gets boring.

Last night I purchased legion, I was blown away by the quality of the quest lines, it's much more engaging , you can actually follow the story... I've extremely pleasantly surprised, and I sincerely hope it stays this engaging even at 110.

Haven't felt this immersed since WotLK

As usual, the real work starts at 110. You can finish all the quests in each zone, and still need to come back and do more after you either level, or get more rep with a particular faction for the zone.

As usual, the real work starts at 110. You can finish all the quests in each zone, and still need to come back and do more after you either level, or get more rep with a particular faction for the zone.

From what I've been told the dailies are much more fun, and dungeons remain relevant... It seems like they fixed many of the biggest issues with the core gameplay at level cap

Legion has been out for almost two months now, and I am really enjoying it still, and Patch 7.1 hits tomorrow, with some nice improvements, Rep revisions, and new dungeon, etc...

Patch 7.1: New Adventures in the Broken Isles and Alcaz Island Spotlight

I am amazed at how players in my Guild leveled up and gear up so quickly. I am a casual player, but not really. I have played almost every night since release, but I only play for an hour or so, after I put the kiddies to bed and before I go to bed. So I'll play from like 9:00pm to 10:00pm each night. And right now I have two Level 110's. My Demon Hunter Tank just DING'd 110 about mid October, and my Paladin Tank just hit 110 last week, and I also have a Warrior Tank Level 103 and my DK Tank at Level 102.

My DH is only iLvl 822, and my Paladin iLvl 805. I still have a long way to go to really be a part of my Guild, which wants it's players at iLvl 840 before allowing them to Raid.

But I do spend time running old Raids for Mog gear, so that has slowed me down too.

Some of my Guild mates hit 110 opening weekend, and not even one week later were i840+, a week after Legion launch.

I really like the expansion but im having a hard time leveling with how they did the zones and the level system. Its great on a pve server but on the pvp server my brother plays on we play alliance and im constantly getting ganked, between the fact were always outnumbered so its normally a 3v1 fight and every zone is filled with 110 horde hunting my 101 alli down I lose all will to level. I dont want to play my pve char as then im playing alone and its not as fun, but when you only get 5-6 hours a week to play and it feels like 2 hours of that is spent hiding or running back to my corpse its frustrating lol.

Atleast in the last expansion the horde and alli were separated in the early zones and when you started sharing zones your were generally the same level.

The Army training is one of my favorite parts!!! You have a chance to get a quest item in the chest that leads you to the Fox Mount.
I love the Army Training also. I do not have time to play a lot but, that is probably the most fun for me. My DK is at 848 and going in with berserkers and the other casting like dudes you can steamroll things. I drop normally 900 to 1600 mana every time I go in there and come out with 5 chests.

I have tanked all the heroics but, never done a mythic. I like to take my time...So mythic+ probably wont be in my wheelhouse to do.
I hate pvp servers btw.

I really like the expansion but im having a hard time leveling with how they did the zones and the level system. Its great on a pve server but on the pvp server my brother plays on we play alliance and im constantly getting ganked, between the fact were always outnumbered so its normally a 3v1 fight and every zone is filled with 110 horde hunting my 101 alli down I lose all will to level. I dont want to play my pve char as then im playing alone and its not as fun, but when you only get 5-6 hours a week to play and it feels like 2 hours of that is spent hiding or running back to my corpse its frustrating lol.

Atleast in the last expansion the horde and alli were separated in the early zones and when you started sharing zones your were generally the same level.

Horde have been particularly douchey this expo :woot: My Dranei Blood DK got into it with a DH Tank yesterday in what seemed like a 20 minute brawl. I eventually took him down but I was looking over my shoulder for him to get some help...it never came then he ran away...

I also got into it with a rogue and hunter but I was stunlocked to death for quite awhile.

I'm also still enjoying it. Warlock and demon hunter at 110 and a few others around 102. Very glad I'm no longer on a PVP server.

Wish there were not three dungeons that are mythic only. And quest that are mythic only. For me it has always been a pain to find groups. If I can only play an hour or two a night I don't want to spend 30 minutes looking for a group. I understand a lot of people hate the LFD and LFR but it is the quickest easiest way for me. Wouldn't mind seeing them expanded to mythic and normal.

I do like the content pacing. If they keep putting content out this fast I'll probably resub which has been rare for me the past few expansions.

I'm also still enjoying it. Warlock and demon hunter at 110 and a few others around 102. Very glad I'm no longer on a PVP server.

Wish there were not three dungeons that are mythic only. And quest that are mythic only. For me it has always been a pain to find groups. If I can only play an hour or two a night I don't want to spend 30 minutes looking for a group. I understand a lot of people hate the LFD and LFR but it is the quickest easiest way for me. Wouldn't mind seeing them expanded to mythic and normal.

I do like the content pacing. If they keep putting content out this fast I'll probably resub which has been rare for me the past few expansions.

Based on some of the mined data, it looked like there are adding Mythic 0s to LFD.

This has been a pretty good expansion so far. There are some annoyances, like the RNG determining whether you get legendary/TF upgrades.

Based on some of the mined data, it looked like there are adding Mythic 0s to LFD.

That would be awesome, no more running out to the dungeon.

Legion has been out for almost two months now, and I am really enjoying it still, and Patch 7.1 hits tomorrow, with some nice improvements, Rep revisions, and new dungeon, etc...

Patch 7.1: New Adventures in the Broken Isles and Alcaz Island Spotlight

I am amazed at how players in my Guild leveled up and gear up so quickly. I am a casual player, but not really. I have played almost every night since release, but I only play for an hour or so, after I put the kiddies to bed and before I go to bed. So I'll play from like 9:00pm to 10:00pm each night. And right now I have two Level 110's. My Demon Hunter Tank just DING'd 110 about mid October, and my Paladin Tank just hit 110 last week, and I also have a Warrior Tank Level 103 and my DK Tank at Level 102.

My DH is only iLvl 822, and my Paladin iLvl 805. I still have a long way to go to really be a part of my Guild, which wants it's players at iLvl 840 before allowing them to Raid.

But I do spend time running old Raids for Mog gear, so that has slowed me down too.

Some of my Guild mates hit 110 opening weekend, and not even one week later were i840+, a week after Legion launch.

I geared up REALLY quickly this expansion, I just ran mythics with the guild. The first week I ran mythics I got like ~10 epic drops.I'm 854 now and I hit level 110 on the 10th of october.

I did EN normal my first week, did half of it in heroic this week. Easy stuff honestly Really enjoying this expansion, much easier to have fun without investing tons of time.

Also, you should really do at least one mythic+ per week so you get the chest in class order hall. dropped a legendary for me ;) first week

I've been sucked right back into the game. Went all out on tanking on my warrior. Tried Arms, but I just can't seem to get the rotation right. That and I can't get into groups. Everyone wants 880ilvl for m+2 dungeons. Tanking I jump right in. Zero wait. So that's nice. Joined a new guild last night that raids three times a week too which is nice.

Fun expansion. I'm enjoying myself. Tanking is easy too. There are a few packs here and there that suck, but its no bad. Group em' up, aoe threat, and take hits to the face. Interrupt any spell you can.

My friends I banged out all the Attunements for Karazhan last night. Tonight we dine in HEL.... wait, Karazhan!

I need to run the three mythics still. I'm reading fury got some help this patch, so I'll run LFR real quick for any fury upgrades. I literally have 0 AP in fury. I'll just tank the mythics though since there is zero wait time.

OH FFS.... This Illidan quest line is going to turn me into a drunk. We need 80 souls with a 10/week cap... they are not a 100% drop rate. Going to dive into it tonight

I don't have my authenticator with me at work so I can't ask on the battle.net forums; if I run LFR today, will I not be able to get loot if I run normal/heroic raids with my guild tomorrow? Or are they separate lockouts?

Tanks here ? Which do you prefer ?

I'm a casual everyday player if that makes sense. I have a 110 DH Veng Tank, I play every night after I put the kids to bed and before I got to bed, so maybe playing from like 8:30PM - 10:00PM. I am Level 110 iLvl 840 only, I haven't run Mythics yet, just some Normal Raids runs as secondary Tank.

Point is, my old school Main is a 110 Paladin Tank iLvl 810 only, that I have been playing since BC days, I LOVE that guy, but to be honest, playing the Demon Hunter just feels more FUN, and the different Warglaive appearances, and play style, this Demon Hunter is just a blast to play, and puts a smile on my face. My Paladin is slowly collecting dust, as he feels boring, and jut ho hum with his simple rotation, and really no new new Paladin gear appearances I am itching to get, I already have tons of cool Mog plate gear for him.

I also have a DK Tank and Warrior Tank, both still at Level 101, I have zero interest in playing either during Legion, after having FUN with the Demon Hunter. It's a fresh new class to play, something different and I am enjoying it a lot IMO. Maybe next expansion I'll go back to my other Tanks full time.

But I will say, my Paladin Tank does feel safer and easier to play on Boss fights, and trash mobs with easy AoE and better CC for me on the Paladin Tank over the DH Tank, and when the situation gets hairy, I do feel the Pally Tank can handle the tough fights without me getting nervous and worrying, whereas the Demon Hunter, I have to be very aware and on top of my A+ Game to feel good on the boss fights. But the Paladin is so boring...

Back