WoW; 6h expansion Legion

I'm pretty pumped for the release. I actually took tomorrow off work. First time I've ever done that for a game. I've thought about it in the past, but I never followed through.

Just food for thought, day one has never exactly been a smooth experience for Blizzards expansions. It may have been a better idea to take Wed. off.

Just food for thought, day one has never exactly been a smooth experience for Blizzards expansions. It may have been a better idea to take Wed. off.

Oh I know. I thought about that after I put in for it. Unfortunately, a coworker now has Wed off, so I'm stuck with Tues.

I'm pretty pumped for the release. I actually took tomorrow off work. First time I've ever done that for a game. I've thought about it in the past, but I never followed through.
If Blizzard has ever taught me anything, its never call in sick on a Tuesday, and never take a day off work to play during the same week of a release.

ahhhh. The good ole' days. :D

Shit, that was the curse bug from ZG, right? I remember coming into Org and wondering why there were piles of skeletons everywhere, and it was virtually deserted. And then I died.

Pretty sure several of the HardOCP members were guilty of bringing the ZG plague to Ogrimmar.
Fun stuff!

Shit, that was the curse bug from ZG, right? I remember coming into Org and wondering why there were piles of skeletons everywhere, and it was virtually deserted. And then I died.
The bomb from MC. Baron? Maybe?

Pretty sure several of the HardOCP members were guilty of bringing the ZG plague to Ogrimmar.
Fun stuff!
That was freakin' phenomenal when that happened. Had to do a whole server reset for that.

Another one was when you had to turn in supplies to open the AQ gates. Get a druid with entangling root and kite the enemy's turn in NPC to an obscure location on the map. Have the opposing faction pay a ransom to release the NPC.

If my memory is correct, Wrath and Cata launches were horrible for stability and actually being able to play the damn things, but MoP and WoD were fine. Not sure if it's because less people bought them or because they finally fixed their capacity issues, but I don't foresee Legion having any problems tonight.

I played a bit of the 7.0 patch and I like that they dialed back the amount of abilities that classes have and got rid of glyphs and made re-speccing free. Between those things and Karazhan/Black Temple/Dalaran/Ulduar being prominent in the lead-up quests, I'm hopeful it will be reminiscent of BC and Wrath, but I'm also kinda worried it will be too similar to those or too monotonous only having a handful of abilities and having nothing to min/max, and no options for specs and playstyles other than the cookie cutter. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
So far people are saying it's been a smooth launch, but there is this...

QYum26.jpg

butter smooth launch of me :) went to bed early and got up @ 3:30 est. Hit 102 on my DH last night and just finished up my first zone. and got 2 more toons their artifact weapons.

I bought LEGION last night, and created a Demon Hunter, and my God the intro level and zone is pretty freaking cool :) You start off at Level 98, and go through this bad ass zone, that looks like ShadowMoon Valley from BC but on steroids and meaner. You start off as DPS, and then can switch to Tank if wanted. I always play Tank classes, my main is a Paladin Tank, and second most played character is a DK Tank.

But playing a Demon Hunter Tank felt really strange, is hard to get comfortable with it. Feels sort of clunky, kind of like a Death Knight with the runes but different, and waiting for spells to refresh. At times I felt like I was waiting for which spell to use or be ready. Whereas my Paladin Tank is smooth as butter to play, it's one spell after another, and then rinse and repeat, and it all goes straightforward and very predictable, which I like. And the DK is super simple rotation wise for my Tank, single target is literally just a few spells.

Maybe the Demon Hunter Tanking will smooth out now with LEGION being live ? Will the Artifact help, or leveling up to 110, help out that clunkiness I feel, or the waiting for which spell to refresh or use ?

I'm being semi-patient. Got to work early, so I can take off earlier... and the wife knows she's on her own tonight.

I loaded into Legion at around 5am before work, long enough to grab my artifact quest. I'm maining priest, showed up at Faol's Rest in Tirisfal to see about 30 shadowformed players swarming the quest NPC, I was the only disc priest in sight. Gotta have that sweet stained-glass looking staff.

Maybe the Demon Hunter Tanking will smooth out now with LEGION being live ? Will the Artifact help, or leveling up to 110, help out that clunkiness I feel, or the waiting for which spell to refresh or use ?

Most of the classes don't feel "right" at the moment, and it's due to them being tuned for 110 play, with a certain level of artifact power.

For someone that hasnt played since BC, is it a bad experience to start off level 1 again and quest your way to max level of this new expansion with a friend, or would that be fun?

Guess I'm looking for feedback from someone that has done this. Worried I'm looking back at the game with rose colored glasses and my time is better spent playing something else.

For someone that hasnt played since BC, is it a bad experience to start off level 1 again and quest your way to max level of this new expansion with a friend, or would that be fun?

Guess I'm looking for feedback from someone that has done this. Worried I'm looking back at the game with rose colored glasses and my time is better spent playing something else.

If anything, it'll be more fun than an existing user starting with a level 1 toon. You won't have heirlooms to speed up the leveling, but that's not a bad thing if it's been that long.

We'll see what happens when people start getting off work, but this has easily been the best expansion launch they've ever done. I have yet to have a single issue {server, lag, bugs, etc). So far, hats off to Blizz for this one.

We'll see what happens when people start getting off work, but this has easily been the best expansion launch they've ever done. I have yet to have a single issue {server, lag, bugs, etc). So far, hats off to Blizz for this one.
agreed, not a single que all day. no lag, hitches or drops at all yet.

Had yet more stellar interactions with the toxic community since I re-subbed.

I find that tanks are the biggest assholes of the bunch, nonstop complaining.

I was a pally tank for 5 years and I got sick of how bad other tanks where so I now just play heals and dps.

Everyones idea of tanking is just aggro everything and if you die its the healers fault and if a dps dies it the other tanks fault for not picking up whatever random mob you couldnt hold aggro on.

Don't get me started about the Brazilians.

Played for a few hours before work, smoothest expansion launch to date.

I got burnt out on tanking long ago. I tanked everything in vanilla and a few weeks into TBC and then stopped playing completely until WOTLK was released and switched to DPS, been DPS ever since.

Aaaaaaaaand there go the servers. I guess it's to be expected since the west coast is just getting on after work now, and the east coast people are still on. Oh well, still a smooth launch overall.

Aaaaaaaaand there go the servers. I guess it's to be expected since the west coast is just getting on after work now, and the east coast people are still on. Oh well, still a smooth launch overall.

I was playing for the last five hours, had a few lags spikes, but no where near as bad as past expansions and never got kicked.

If there is I would join... This is a really good expansion so far. I love the side stories each class has as well.
We had one years ago on Stormscale, eventually merged with another guild so we could raid. Fun times. Fell apart sometime after TBC if I remember right.
On my part I just got tired of the schedule. I am a filthy casual now and don't care :)

I am a filthy casual now and don't care :)

This is me also, raided end game content through vanilla and a few weeks into TBC, now I'm a filthy casual. Gimme them welfare epics!

I am in a guild that is fully capable of mythic raiding, but most of the members are tired of raiding also and just want to play.

I'm a guild of one right now with one casual friend once in awhile. Alliance Shadowmoon. Might be impractical to move and change factions and what not but we may be able to cross realm raids and rated bgs

I'm a guild of one right now with one casual friend once in awhile. Alliance Shadowmoon. Might be impractical to move and change factions and what not but we may be able to cross realm raids and rated bgs

Shadowmoon was my original server. Played there for years in several of the (at the time) top raiding guilds. My first 2 characters are actually still on there (mostly due to the stupid prices Blizz charges for transfers lol)

Anyway, I hit 110 on my DH last night. I wasn't planning on doing it in a day, but I was having fun, the servers were running great, and I knew exactly what I was supposed to be doing after playing the beta a good bit. There's so much to do once you hit cap it's almost overwhelming. Oh, and Suramar is AWESOME.

Last edited:
This has been a blast so far. My Rogue is 106, 2 sets of artifact weapons: KingSlayers and Dreadblades. I can't stand seeing people who hurry up and raid to 110 then go back and back quest. This longer version of questing is just so good for the stories you learn of and listen too. Haven't touched my Demon Hunter since launch yet.

One thing I have always appreciated was the lore. I've read the books up to Tides. My eyes are gettin old so reading isn't that easy, but the game fills me in on a lot that I have missed since Tides. I play mostly at night and what beautiful scenery in the HighMountains. Just wish after 12 years Blizzard could update the trees from the papercraft look to something more tree like. ( I know, it would probably kill system performance.) Everything else loos good though. All right. Going back in......

I have gotten 4 toons their weapons and started getting the profs up past WoD. I'm really enjoying everything so far solo

This xpac is awesome so far. Just sucks it takes an hour to queue into a dungeon. Haven't ran any yet :(

Back