WoW; 6h expansion Legion

Both MM and BM hunters are somewhat overtuned right now, but they should continue to pull good numbers. BM is extremely boring, MM has a few more keybinds depending on how you spec but it's still not the most complex spec either.

Fire mage looks really fun, you should give it a try.
I agree with this. BM hunter has been one of my favorite alts for years and I was very bored with it this patch. Leveled my fire mage from 85 to 100 this week and was having a lot more fun. Same with elemental shaman. I'll be sticking with my warlock for my main but my mage and shaman will get more play than my other alts.

Both MM and BM hunters are somewhat overtuned right now, but they should continue to pull good numbers. BM is extremely boring, MM has a few more keybinds depending on how you spec but it's still not the most complex spec either.

Fire mage looks really fun, you should give it a try.

Ya I played both to lv 60 and went with a mage. Hunters were fun at first but started getting boring, Mage held my interest the entire time. Frost was fun but arcane and fire were a blast as well, figured if the class can have 3 different specs that all seem fun and play differently from eachother I will enjoy it a lot.

LMAO, the problem is not them or the community its you being uninformed... Quest mobs are shared, you could have completed it but you stood there like a tool all the while judging those around you for playing like they should have been.

Your post is exactly what I would expect from someone who belongs to the toxic WoW "community". Thanks!

Had yet more stellar interactions with the toxic community since I re-subbed. Grouping for instances is still a hit or miss - usually the tank or the healer will wind up being some asshat that complains the entire run. Usually the following happens:

-Healer complains that tank is going too fast, votekicks tank
-Tank complains that dps is too low, votekicks dps
-Someone queues in the instance, then sits AFK the entire time at the entrance

I find that tanks are the biggest assholes of the bunch, nonstop complaining. Out of 20 or so instances I queued for, I did have one tank who was really helpful and even stayed behind to help me turn in a quest in Dire Maul. That was the only positive experience, unbelievable. However, they were a recent resub, so I have a feeling in a few months or so the toxicity will overtake them...

Had yet more stellar interactions with the toxic community since I re-subbed. Grouping for instances is still a hit or miss - usually the tank or the healer will wind up being some asshat that complains the entire run. Usually the following happens:

-Healer complains that tank is going too fast, votekicks tank
-Tank complains that dps is too low, votekicks dps
-Someone queues in the instance, then sits AFK the entire time at the entrance

I find that tanks are the biggest assholes of the bunch, nonstop complaining. Out of 20 or so instances I queued for, I did have one tank who was really helpful and even stayed behind to help me turn in a quest in Dire Maul. That was the only positive experience, unbelievable. However, they were a recent resub, so I have a feeling in a few months or so the toxicity will overtake them...

not my XP @ all and i play Healers. yes i have DPS for questing and / achieves non Raid related. Trying to DPS as heals is just redic IMO. As for gorups this close to X-pac release, i ask the tank to speed it up but if they do not.. no big deal. PM me if you want my real ID and i will qq with you. Im ally though which most of you [H]ord. /spit

Invasion XP has been crazy. Now I've got a level 100 monk with 12 hours /played and full 700+ gear.

I play healers, will probably main a resto druid this expansion. Also have a 100 priest and holy is a really nice spec to play now too. It's been hard to pick between the two, or now a mistweaver monk, but I think druid ease of play will win out.

Invasion XP has been crazy. Now I've got a level 100 monk with 12 hours /played and full 700+ gear.

I play healers, will probably main a resto druid this expansion. Also have a 100 priest and holy is a really nice spec to play now too. It's been hard to pick between the two, or now a mistweaver monk, but I think druid ease of play will win out.

Is this the case for anyone who starts an ALT? I might fire up another character then if that is the case, do you just hang around the invasion areas and gain XP?

I might fire up another character then if that is the case, do you just hang around the invasion areas and gain XP?
if that is the case... i will do the same! i have a new 90's that need the bump to 100.

PM me if you want my real ID and i will qq with you. Im ally though which most of you [H]ord. /spit

Thanks man. Not sure how you are getting nice groups. I was going to start frapsing all the imbeciles I was running into, but NMS and Deus Ex released and I haven't touched the game. If I returned I'll likely activate 5 accts and just multi-box my way through the game like old times.

Is this the case for anyone who starts an ALT? I might fire up another character then if that is the case, do you just hang around the invasion areas and gain XP?

Anyone can do it. You have to tag things to get xp, the xp is really good now and has a group bonus on top (despite doing it solo). Tagging can come from healing people or tapping things before they die - something already being tagged is ok, you still get an equal share.

Until you get flying, just do phase1 + phase2 and logout, log right back in and it starts over. After flying do the same but also do phase3 unique bosses.

Anyone can do it. You have to tag things to get xp, the xp is really good now and has a group bonus on top (despite doing it solo). Tagging can come from healing people or tapping things before they die - something already being tagged is ok, you still get an equal share.

Until you get flying, just do phase1 + phase2 and logout, log right back in and it starts over. After flying do the same but also do phase3 unique bosses.

what Phases are you talking about?

Four phases to an invasion. Bunch of mobs attack, tag and kill as many as possible for excellent XP. Next one is 3 mini bosses all worth good XP, green invasion chest. The next phase you spread out over the zone and kill mini bosses and other mobs for good XP, but like Ritorix said, flying is a must. Last phase is big boss and you get a blue invasion chest. Entire invasion takes 15-30 minutes depending on people.

You can just sit in the zone and get XP, but it is only a couple bars worth, the real XP comes from killing mobs. Even in the early 90's you can gain most of a level each invasion.

You only have till the 30th I believe. I'm assuming the invasions go away with the expansion. So do it now.

Four phases to an invasion. Bunch of mobs attack, tag and kill as many as possible for excellent XP. Next one is 3 mini bosses all worth good XP, green invasion chest. The next phase you spread out over the zone and kill mini bosses and other mobs for good XP, but like Ritorix said, flying is a must. Last phase is big boss and you get a blue invasion chest. Entire invasion takes 15-30 minutes depending on people.

You can just sit in the zone and get XP, but it is only a couple bars worth, the real XP comes from killing mobs. Even in the early 90's you can gain most of a level each invasion.

You only have till the 30th I believe. I'm assuming the invasions go away with the expansion. So do it now.

ah! see i did all mine at lvl 100 and just crushed my way through it.

Huh. I hadn't heard about this until now.

First and foremost, World Quests are available to players starting at level 110. When you reach 110, you’ll be called upon to prove that you’ve reached Friendly reputation with the five primary factions of the Broken Isles, you’ll receive your Flight Master’s Whistle, and World Quests will begin to appear all over your map.

The Flight Master’s Whistle is one of the most-useful items around—when you activate it, you’ll be (almost) instantly whisked away to the nearest known flight master. More than ever before, you’ll want to get to know all of the flight masters in every zone!

Last edited:
so i logged in as a 90.. do not see the quests to start this process. suggestions?

just hit m to pull up your map, the zones with active invasions are marked. Go to said zone and you will automatically be put into the invasion scenario. Tag mobs and try and stay allive, if you die before mob does you dont get any exp.You do however get exp for each stage completed even if you do nothing.

Since you have flying on stage 3 follow the crowd of other players and kill the named mobs that spawn all over the map. 25-30K exp each kill, plus nethershards you can use to buy items.

I leveled my rog from 50 to 80 yesterday just running arround and stabbing everything (dont have to stand and fight) Leveled my mage from 85 to 100 in a few hours time just AOE'ing stuff

I've been playing Diablo 3 for a couple months now and I'm starting to see all my old guildmates logging onto BNet. I imagine I'll be getting a few messages asking to tank again. ¬.¬

Dammit the nostalgia won again and I ended up buying Legion. Here's to hoping I don't get bored again after a month like with the previous expansions.

Playing the alpha/beta has been the most fun I've had just straight up playing WoW (not raiding non stop) in a very long time. Looking forward to the launch tues.

I have to admit, I have really enjoyed the Legion pre-expansion stuff this month, and really looking forward to the official launch this week.

I have a love / hate relationship with WoW, been playing since November 2004 launch. But last few expansions haven't kept my interest for long, maybe playing each new expansion for maybe 3 or 4 months and getting bored and burned out, always quitting and unsub for a good year or 18 months.

But Legion does feel different, I think they got this one right, and may be the best WoW expansions since Wrath.

So far I would rate the expansions from best to worst;
- BC #1 ( I loved Outlands zones continent, and the Dungeons and Raids )
- Wrath #2 ( ICC was an all time classic, as was Dal city )
- Legion #3 ( But I potentially see it moving up to #2, and Wrath to #3 )

Then it drops off for me, the other expansions were the ones that had me unsub and quit for the longest periods of time. I originally played from Vanilla launch, all the way through end of Wrath, never unsubbing once, and playing a constant 5 nights a week. But starting with Cat I finally quit the game for awhile.

- MoP #4 ( I liked the fresh changes, and Asian theme surprised me in a good way, but new content was far and few between, I only played it for like 6 to 9 months )
- WoD #5 ( Not much of a fan of this past expansion, I quit after 3 months, Garrisons made the game feel single player, and just didn't like the new zones much )
- Cat #6 ( Did not care for this one at all, except the Raids, Firelands one of the best Raids ever, and the cool looking Tier gear, they created some of the best looking gear in Cat, I quit Cat after a few months.)

I have to admit, I have really enjoyed the Legion pre-expansion stuff this month, and really looking forward to the official launch this week.

This. Just a couple more days! I wasn't able to get my DK level capped this weekend, so I guess I'll be going into Legion with my rogue.

This. Just a couple more days! I wasn't able to get my DK level capped this weekend, so I guess I'll be going into Legion with my rogue.
I've got an 89 and a 95 I'm still trying to get to 100. Hope to do it today before the invasions go away. Anyone know what time they stop?

I've got an 89 and a 95 I'm still trying to get to 100. Hope to do it today before the invasions go away. Anyone know what time they stop?

Probably when the system goes down for Tuesday maintenance.

I'm pretty pumped for the release. I actually took tomorrow off work. First time I've ever done that for a game. I've thought about it in the past, but I never followed through.

Back