WoW; 6h expansion Legion

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Zorachus, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Ranulfo

Ranulfo Gawd

New raid starts tomorrow. I'm kinda meh about it. It doesn't help that I've been finally going through Suramar quests to get flying.

2. Seelenlos

Seelenlos Gawd

This is the longest I've stayed with any expansion for WoW. I think the reason I'm still playing is because of flying and the various catch up mechanics. Before flying I had two or three max level toons. I now have six and am working on two more. If it were not for flying applying to my alts, artifact catch up, and invasions, I would be done with this expansion. As it is I'm still having fun just playing casually. I've even started playing some melee classes which I've never done before. Still not going to do more than LFR as I don't miss the stress that seems to go hand in hand with raiding.

3. leezard

leezard [H]ardOCP Case Reviewer Staff Member

Legion is super alt friendly, I currently have 4 110 with max AK and decent gear having not run many raids on any of them. Just started working on some of my other alts recently.

4. KarsusTG

KarsusTG 2[H]4U

I honestly thought the game was on life support after Burning crusade and they just sort of tried to save it with the vanilla remake. Shit is getting crazy.

5. Ranulfo

Ranulfo Gawd

Its alt friendly now, with flying in and being account wide along with 1000 resources from a max AK toon buying max AK for an alt. Early on, no way. It wasn't even alt spec friendly. That has been one of my biggest gripes with the expac. They've been slowly making it easier on alts since about month 3 of the expac.

6. Sky15

Sky15 2[H]4U

Now it is, before it was the worst for alts.

Lol, what Wrath and Cata had the largest user base. It peaked at 13.1 million during the end of wrath to mid cata. It did take a shit in MoP; even though MoP is actually one of the better xpacs blizz has released. It really took a hit in WoD with the game losing like 5 to 6 million right after the xpac released.

I think Legion is doing pretty good, but not as good as it could be. I think some of the game mechanics like excessive RNG really deters a lot of players from enjoying the game. Also, I think pathfinder for flying also kills a lot of people willingness to play.

7. polydiol

polydiol [H]ard|Gawd

legion for me has now grown extremely alt friendly especially with the buff to artifact point gain and flying but its extremely repetitive.

8. Bomber

Bomber [H]ard|Gawd

This is the first expansion since Lich King I have made it two content patches in without bailing. While I still play on a casual schedule with 3.5 hours in 2 nights raiding - first night of Tomb tonight - and then maybe 2-3 hours the rest of the week total. With that I have a 904/901 ret/prot pally and 894 elemental shaman. Both max artifact knowledge (the old fashioned way). I have enough fun to keep playing without it being ponderous or boring. I have played off and on since Vanilla and this is the most fun I've had since Lich King (but really LOVED Burning Crusade)

Seelenlos likes this.