WoW; 5th expansion Warlords of Draenor

PTR shows 660 item level requirements for follower BRF raid missions.
I highly recommend using Master Plan addon to track which followers to level up/upgrade for such missions.

Excellent, I was hoping stockpiling those follower upgrades from the Dwarven Bunker would soon pay off.

this latest wing for LFR is just one boss? :confused:

Yes, there are 7 bosses. 3. 3. 1.

I highly recommend using Master Plan addon to track which followers to level up/upgrade for such missions.

The hardest part is that they're going to be pure +3/6/9 upgrades past 645. My 615/630 and often 645 straight upgrades just sit in my inventory because they're useless

Last edited:
I have been using garrison commander

but Master plan doesnt seem to work well with it.. do you use something with Master Plan.. or just that alone.

I feel sooo behind. I let a week or two go with missions, because I was hurting for resources, as I failed to grab LM early early on, etc.. now its catch up

The hardest part is that they're going to be pure +3/6/9 upgrades past 645. My 615/630 and often 645 straight upgrades just sit in my inventory because they're useless

It is quite ridiculous.

On my main in the mission list all I see is 630/615/lvl100 exp missions, no upgrade tokens. All 25 of my followers are 651 and I'm really lacking simple upgrades. On the other hand, on my lvl95 alt with only a dozen followers I have a full bag stuffed with upgrades, but not a single 615/630/645 token.

Looks like I need to take some low level followers off the bench.

do you use something with Master Plan.. or just that alone.

I use Master Plan + Garrison Mission Manager.

Mission Manager sorts missions by success change, etc, allows you to auto-fill followers with a single click, etc.

Master Plan shows "Missions of Interest" with possible fillers and success rates, shows different, shows counts and lists of followers for different counters, etc.

Both are very useful.

Its kind of nice but also kind of sad, I'm fully heroic geared. Unless theres a warforged or socket, there is no upgrade I want in heroic HM. I'll run one more time to get the ring, then I'll be done raiding until Blackrock Foundry.

It's great to be fully geared, I'm not committing to any Mythic so I've completed my gearing pretty damn quickly. Now I can take a break and play some other games before BRF.

HM was a good introductory raid, but it hasnt overcome the problem of putting more stress on healers than other roles. I see incompetent dps not held accountable and not following mechanics. DPS should not take more damage when they fail mechanics, they should do less DPS (through damage debuffs or missing damage buffs). That way its very clear to see who is doing mechanics correctly.

Brackenspore was the only boss that really rewarded DPS for doing a good job, and even then the flamethrower was limited to 2 people. I never got to do it as a ret pally, but it was easy to see good flamethrowers, and good flamethrower runners could actually give me a run for my money on dps.

Maybe I'll craft an upgrade that is only better because of secondary stats, but even then that is done outside of highmaul.

It is quite ridiculous.

On my main in the mission list all I see is 630/615/lvl100 exp missions, no upgrade tokens. All 25 of my followers are 651 and I'm really lacking simple upgrades. On the other hand, on my lvl95 alt with only a dozen followers I have a full bag stuffed with upgrades, but not a single 615/630/645 token.

Looks like I need to take some low level followers off the bench.
da fuq!! how in hell did you get all 25 to 651 already? jesus.. I play daily.. and Im no where near that with mine. apparently, I fail at maximizing follower missions etc.. is there a specific guide or something you could point me to that I might l2play follower mission strats??

I use Master Plan + Garrison Mission Manager.

Mission Manager sorts missions by success change, etc, allows you to auto-fill followers with a single click, etc.

Master Plan shows "Missions of Interest" with possible fillers and success rates, shows different, shows counts and lists of followers for different counters, etc.

Both are very useful.
thanks.. Think Ill get rid of commander and try thoise 2 instead.. maybe thats my fail ( like above ? )

Its kind of nice but also kind of sad, I'm fully heroic geared. Unless theres a warforged or socket, there is no upgrade I want in heroic HM. I'll run one more time to get the ring, then I'll be done raiding until Blackrock Foundry.

It's great to be fully geared, I'm not committing to any Mythic so I've completed my gearing pretty damn quickly. Now I can take a break and play some other games before BRF.

HM was a good introductory raid, but it hasnt overcome the problem of putting more stress on healers than other roles. I see incompetent dps not held accountable and not following mechanics. DPS should not take more damage when they fail mechanics, they should do less DPS (through damage debuffs or missing damage buffs). That way its very clear to see who is doing mechanics correctly.

Brackenspore was the only boss that really rewarded DPS for doing a good job, and even then the flamethrower was limited to 2 people. I never got to do it as a ret pally, but it was easy to see good flamethrowers, and good flamethrower runners could actually give me a run for my money on dps.

Maybe I'll craft an upgrade that is only better because of secondary stats, but even then that is done outside of highmaul.

as a rdps .. main is a mage.. I think your right. when I fail at mechanics, the healers pay for it.. not me... blizz needs to distribute responsibility for fail mechanics better.. great ideas.

I have no idea either how he has all 25 at 651. Like you I am on everyday constantly doing missions in the Garrison and using the Bunker to kick out upgrades and I think I may have 4 followers at 650+.

da fuq!! how in hell did you get all 25 to 651 already? jesus.. I play daily.. and Im no where near that with mine. apparently, I fail at maximizing follower missions etc.. is there a specific guide or something you could point me to that I might l2play follower mission strats??

Perhaps I've miscounted. Not all 25 are 651/651, most are, but quite a few at 651/645. As I said, the main issue is the lack of simple +3/6/9 upgrades.

Dwarven bunker helps somewhat, but I got rid of it last week. You can waste garrison resources by running lvl 100/615/630 exp missions using epic lvl 100 followers for the chance of an upgrade token from the salvage boxes. I'm capped at 10000 resources anyway.

As I said, use master plan, see what followers are not used for anything, swap them out for low level followers and level them up. You'll get a lot of missions with upgrade tokens, use those on epic followers. Level up all followers to epic quality and then again, bench some, hire a few more.

I think Blizz did hotfix outpost swaps in different zones, so that means 4 extra followers to level up.

I found out it only counts active followers >650 for the achievement. I'd have had the 10 long ago otherwise! Still trying to level all the ones I have to epic and get them to at least 645 though.

Perhaps I've miscounted. Not all 25 are 651/651, most are, but quite a few at 651/645. As I said, the main issue is the lack of simple +3/6/9 upgrades.

Dwarven bunker helps somewhat, but I got rid of it last week. You can waste garrison resources by running lvl 100/615/630 exp missions using epic lvl 100 followers for the chance of an upgrade token from the salvage boxes. I'm capped at 10000 resources anyway.

As I said, use master plan, see what followers are not used for anything, swap them out for low level followers and level them up. You'll get a lot of missions with upgrade tokens, use those on epic followers. Level up all followers to epic quality and then again, bench some, hire a few more.

I think Blizz did hotfix outpost swaps in different zones, so that means 4 extra followers to level up.

Get an Inn and the followers never end :eek:

Currently leveling up 4 followers with Epic Mount right now. I wait until I have a few L90s so I can level them up together.

Get an Inn and the followers never end :eek:
Currently leveling up 4 followers with Epic Mount right now. I wait until I have a few L90s so I can level them up together.

I had an inn, but replaced it with a trading post. The inn is useful if you want to complete achievements, get a few scavengers, but after that it is better to get something else instead.

I had an inn, but replaced it with a trading post. The inn is useful if you want to complete achievements, get a few scavengers, but after that it is better to get something else instead.

I dont farm gold, so the gold from inn missions really add up. I'm getting like 300-500/day just putting them on treasure missions. Trading post really doesnt get me anything useful as I have 7k+ resources from having a single scavenger follower.

I'm up to like 10+ epic mount followers, makes carrying/pwrleveling alts really quick. I bring a fresh 90 green follower to an epic follower usually by Saturday.

Last edited:
so, I removed garrison commander, and put Master Plan and Garrison Mission Manager on.

I see a tab on the bottom, that shows "missions of interest" but they aren't clickable? I was hoping it would launch those missions.. but its just a list to look for, and the followers highlighted in red ( like being greyed out ) means I need to work on leveling / gearing those followers, that I can do that mission in the future.. is that correct?

so, I removed garrison commander, and put Master Plan and Garrison Mission Manager on.

I see a tab on the bottom, that shows "missions of interest" but they aren't clickable? I was hoping it would launch those missions.. but its just a list to look for, and the followers highlighted in red ( like being greyed out ) means I need to work on leveling / gearing those followers, that I can do that mission in the future.. is that correct?

Missions of interest is just a list of all high value missions and possible follower setups to cover them. As long as you have everything at 100% you're golden.
If you use 'Alt' key while clicking on that tab, it will also try to find a good match using the benched followers.
At the very bottom is a list of active followers not used for anything, you can safely bench those or put them to work at the garrison buildings.

Missions of interest is just a list of all high value missions and possible follower setups to cover them. As long as you have everything at 100% you're golden.
If you use 'Alt' key while clicking on that tab, it will also try to find a good match using the benched followers.
At the very bottom is a list of active followers not used for anything, you can safely bench those or put them to work at the garrison buildings.
THANK YOU.. thats exactly what I was looking for.. directions =)

cool. more time with it will grow my understanding and knowledge!

Finally dropped Heroic Imp last night. We only raid 2 nights a week and usually get 3 hours in per night. Had to be the last attempt of the night. We dropped him with 14 people and had to 5 heal it. Had 2 other attempts that went down below 2% and just couldn't finish him off. We decided for the last 2 weeks before BRF to only work on Heroic then Mythic.

Congrats, even normal Impregnator ( heh what we call him :p ) is way harder than any of the other heroic bosses. Then Heroic Imp was another step up from the other heroic bosses.

I got in on my raid group's 1st mythic twins kill. And got a bunch of upgrades this past week too, I've finally broken 670 ilvl.

Last edited:
My guild got our first Heroic Imp kill night as well. We killed him on the 3rd attempt of the night, however it was about our 20th pull overall (spread over three nights and a couple of weeks).

Looking back at the logs, what did it for us was telling people to focus on the adds enough times that it finally sank in... "YOU NEED TO KILL THE ABERRATIONS RIGHT AWAY. NOT KIDDING." We took less overall damage on Heroic than on some of our Normal Imp kills :eek:

Now I am excited for Blackrock Foundry since wiping on Mythic doesn't sound to exciting to me right now. Blizzard re-uses the bosses too much, I feel like I've already wiped on and killed these bosses enough times. Not excited to go through the whole process again.

Mythic Tectus is insane.. we have like 30 wipes on it currently.

What order are you going in? We're working on Brackenspore (after Kargath and Twins) and am wondering if recent changes meant we should have went to Tectus after Twins instead.

While I wish I had time for Mythics, I'm committed to only be a hardcore heroic raider. I play, gear up heroics, and take a break until the next tier. It means I dont have to feel bad not raiding for 3 weeks, and can find a spot when I pick back up.

Granted, PuG heroic raiding is a crapshoot and still requires a lot of time, but it allows me to choose which time I want to raid.

671 with the new leg quest ring. I'm now officially done with HM and will probably never go back

I suppose this is what I get for starting late. Everyone else is raiding and I'm at 606 ilvl trying to get a few bits upgraded quickly to get into LFR.

I seem to have had a streak of bad instancing luck lately (I hope as the alternative is that the bads are getting worse). I'm in normal Skyreach healing an instance for the first time since Cata. I've dps'ed it before. We get to the last boss. I'm getting carried off. No one's dps'ing the adds. I get dropped off the cliff ala Lich King fight. Not surprisingly, we wipe.

Last night I'm in a regular 100 instance (forget the name, one in the forest) and pop in for the 3rd boss as dps. Some caster that drops fire wherever the plants are put. Jump the rings. Not a huge deal. Tank gets stuck. Tank goofs again. Tank doesn't jump through the fire. I think I left after 4 or 5 tries and went and farmed old instances/raids for fun after that.

I'm hoping it gets better.

I suppose this is what I get for starting late. Everyone else is raiding and I'm at 606 ilvl trying to get a few bits upgraded quickly to get into LFR.

I seem to have had a streak of bad instancing luck lately (I hope as the alternative is that the bads are getting worse). I'm in normal Skyreach healing an instance for the first time since Cata. I've dps'ed it before. We get to the last boss. I'm getting carried off. No one's dps'ing the adds. I get dropped off the cliff ala Lich King fight. Not surprisingly, we wipe.

Last night I'm in a regular 100 instance (forget the name, one in the forest) and pop in for the 3rd boss as dps. Some caster that drops fire wherever the plants are put. Jump the rings. Not a huge deal. Tank gets stuck. Tank goofs again. Tank doesn't jump through the fire. I think I left after 4 or 5 tries and went and farmed old instances/raids for fun after that.

I'm hoping it gets better.

Wait till all the F2P people get in ;)

I canceled my sub aswell, its a good expansion though i enjoyed leveling, its just i don't have the drive to progress in the end game for it anymore and never will do, coupled with the fact everyone i played with years ago doesn't play now. if i was 17 again id sure as hell want to raid the fights look difficult and tense

Can this game be played casually? I really enjoy watching some of the streams and with pick up raids all the way up to Heroic is seems you don't have to commit to a guild.

Can anyone give me any tips to get started? Do I start from Vanilla and play all the way through. Start with WoD? So confusing?

Can this game be played casually? I really enjoy watching some of the streams and with pick up raids all the way up to Heroic is seems you don't have to commit to a guild.

Can anyone give me any tips to get started? Do I start from Vanilla and play all the way through. Start with WoD? So confusing?

If you want to play casually, why would Heroic raiding matter to you at all? Being able to PUG Heroics still requires a hefty time commitment, even more than a regular guild raid I would say (since there are more wipes and people dropping in and out all the time). Though you can luck out and get carried through Heroics...

Last edited:
The worst part of PUG raiding is, one wipe and someone leaves, causing a chain reaction of leaves.

If you want to play casually, why would Heroic raiding matter to you at all? Being able to PUG Heroics still requires a hefty time commitment, even more than a regular guild raid I would say (since there are more wipes and people dropping in and out all the time).

Dude, I have no idea which is why I am asking. I thought there was a level higher (mythic). Someone above said that they PUG heroic as a goal and I was just mentioning how far up the difficulty ladder you could go with out committing to a guild.

Dude, I have no idea which is why I am asking. I thought there was a level higher (mythic). Someone above said that they PUG heroic as a goal and I was just mentioning how far up the difficulty ladder you could go with out committing to a guild.

Correct, you can't easily PUG Mythic because everyone needs to be on the same server.

Having said that, we found some PUG people for Mythic Highmaul Kargath last week just with the Group Finder and putting [SERVER] ONLY in the description.

Or you could check server forums, sometimes people post PUG raids there.

Out of curiosity is it the same content just harder? Are there different levels of the items the raid drops?

Kind of like Diablo? I always thought that WoW had much more content so you weren't running the same stuff over and over.

The game interests me but I can't commit my life to the game. I need to be able to sit down and play whenever.

Out of curiosity is it the same content just harder? Are there different levels of the items the raid drops?

Kind of like Diablo? I always thought that WoW had much more content so you weren't running the same stuff over and over.

The game interests me but I can't commit my life to the game. I need to be able to sit down and play whenever.

Each raid has 4 tiers: LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic. They are the same bosses but mechanically they are grouped like this

LFR - Castrated mechanics so everything is tank and spank
Normal/Heroic - new mechanics but the same between normal/heroic. Heroics things just hit harder so you have to know mechanics better
Mythic - Brand new mechanics on top of increased difficulty. This changes they way you do many strats from normal/heroic. This is the new top tier

For Highmaul, gear ranges from 640-685, 15 ilvls for each difficulty. Other than ilvl, stats, and color, they are the same gear, labeled by what difficulty they drop. I dont know of any item restricted in highmaul because of difficulty. BRF (out Feb 3) is 10 ilvls higher across the board. It is the "true" tier 17 because it has set bonuses.

The gear rush when HM first came out required a lot of time (generally 630 gearing to 670) becuase I pushed through normal HM then Heroic HM. Now that I'm heroic raid geared, I should be able to follow the heroic wave through the expansion, only running normal only if I really need a set piece. As it is right now for me, any normal BRF drop is a downgrade, minus completing T17 set. I never have to run LFR, nor do I ever have to run Mythic to gear for the next tier.

For someone with little time, LFR lets you see the raid without investing time learning any mechanics. You should be able to ride the LFR ilvl curve throughout the entire expansion, albeit delayed behind other difficulties.

Still haven't killed normal imp, then again I am doing it in premade groups. Every time I get a group with decent DPS who focus on the aberrations and war mages, the raid ends up having healers who play in the mines. Conversely every time the raid gets good healers the DPS doesn't go after the adds.

Last night our raid leader huntard was the first to step in a mine and die, way before anyone else. He then criticized everyone's DPS numbers in recount. When I told him your DPS numbers don't mean anything when you are dead I was kicked .... lol ... good times. The day before I was kicked on Ko'ragh for "almost wiping the raid" after we killed him. The raid leader didn't like me, a warrior, getting the null barrier and soaking the very last ball.

So the tank issue we don't have. We have 4 tanks all at 660+. 2 of us are MS Tank while we geared the other 2 for OS tank in the case that someone can't make it. The problem we are having is with healers. 1 week we will have 6 on and Tuesday we only had 2 on. 2 healed normal up to Imp then our disc priest got on so we went and 6/7 Heroic. The biggest issue is that everyone gets in the "comfortable" zone and starts to slack and ignores mechanics and causes us to wipe.

Each raid has 4 tiers: LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic. They are the same bosses but mechanically they are grouped like this

LFR - Castrated mechanics so everything is tank and spank
Normal/Heroic - new mechanics but the same between normal/heroic. Heroics things just hit harder so you have to know mechanics better
Mythic - Brand new mechanics on top of increased difficulty. This changes they way you do many strats from normal/heroic. This is the new top tier

For Highmaul, gear ranges from 640-685, 15 ilvls for each difficulty. Other than ilvl, stats, and color, they are the same gear, labeled by what difficulty they drop. I dont know of any item restricted in highmaul because of difficulty. BRF (out Feb 3) is 10 ilvls higher across the board. It is the "true" tier 17 because it has set bonuses.

The gear rush when HM first came out required a lot of time (generally 630 gearing to 670) becuase I pushed through normal HM then Heroic HM. Now that I'm heroic raid geared, I should be able to follow the heroic wave through the expansion, only running normal only if I really need a set piece. As it is right now for me, any normal BRF drop is a downgrade, minus completing T17 set. I never have to run LFR, nor do I ever have to run Mythic to gear for the next tier.

For someone with little time, LFR lets you see the raid without investing time learning any mechanics. You should be able to ride the LFR ilvl curve throughout the entire expansion, albeit delayed behind other difficulties.

There is gear that is only for lfr, and some gear doesn't even drop in lfr. Like tectus' str trinket is a completely different variation in lfr than what he drips in normal and up.

Back