WoW; 5th expansion Warlords of Draenor

You should be able to enter the Outlands at 58. So just hit the zone and start leveling that way. If you don't want to quest grind go back to doing Dungeons until you hit 90 lol.

So with the Inn you can also get the item that works as both flasks and does like +200 to all stats for 1 hour. On a 15min CD and does not have a use limit. After that I would say you don't need the Inn anymore.
On the mage topic I'm not sure the spec but unless they quick patched them they were the top on our damage meter.

The item got nerfed to +100 stats, according to the character screen. The cheapest flasks are +200 stats and are much better.

As for the inn, if you care about achievements, you may wanna keep it a little longer. Get 2-3 scavenger followers, do all the quests / finish treasure mission achievement, then demolish and build something more useful, like a trading post or gladiator sanctum.

The item got nerfed to +100 stats, according to the character screen. The cheapest flasks are +200 stats and are much better.

As for the inn, if you care about achievements, you may wanna keep it a little longer. Get 2-3 scavenger followers, do all the quests / finish treasure mission achievement, then demolish and build something more useful, like a trading post or gladiator sanctum.

Very silly that Blizzard apparently can't update a tooltip without a big patch. I was excited to get that item, only to find out it sucks because they nerfed it to +100. One of the fishing quests tells people to go to the wrong zone, been like that since Beta...

But, the 100 all stats is free, so might as well get it to run it all the time.

The values are wrong in a number of instances. The achievement you need (the work orders one) to build level 3 buildings, such as the forge, in your garrison says you need 250 work orders ... much to my surprise, this morning, I hit 200 and the achievement popped up. Oh well bonus for me, upgraded my forge and engineer to level 3.

But, the 100 all stats is free, so might as well get it to run it all the time.

I run flasks all the time, found a pile of them for 4G each on the auction house, been using them for weeks :)

My stash is almost out though :(

Theres an upgraded version of it that you can get from the Inn quests that gives you 200.

That is literally the same item we are talking about. The Inn quest item only gives you +100 to two stats, regardless of what the tool tip says.

R9 290 came in, no 290X. not worth an extra 100 for 10%. i hope i get better frames at 4k windowed. :D

coming from a 5870.

IDK what people are talking about being hot, its 20c cooler then the 5870 on load. i got wow 4k in ultra settings maxed. its fucking awesome. ;)

Last edited:
IDK what people are talking about being hot, its 20c cooler then the 5870 on load. i got wow 4k in ultra settings maxed. its fucking awesome. ;)

On a 290??? I have a 290 and I can't even run it on good without going into single digit frame rates.

I believe there's an issue with my system though, lots of people on the WoW forums with the same problem.

yeah, i got a i5 ivy and tons of ram 16gb.

http://i.imgur.com/39hilcD.jpg

All that eye candy and you use base UI + titanbar?

/Flamesuit ;)

On another note, does anyone have any issues with GCD lag? All my google-fu takes me to some old experiences with it and the incoming raid heals setting doesnt seem to help.

There can be I'd say a 1/10 to 1/4 of a second delay between input and GCD. It should go round and round smoothly, but sometimes I see my GCD complete, lag, and then my next input come in a fraction of a second later. With ret paladin roation and seal twisting, those GCD lag cycles add up to missing open GCD to switch seals.

That is literally the same item we are talking about. The Inn quest item only gives you +100 to two stats, regardless of what the tool tip says.

I don't think this is accurate. If you have the buff up, from that item and try to down a +200 flask you can't because it says a more powerful spell is active. Same thing happens in the opposite order so that means they both buff the same amount.

I don't think this is accurate. If you have the buff up, from that item and try to down a +200 flask you can't because it says a more powerful spell is active. Same thing happens in the opposite order so that means they both buff the same amount.

Blizzard is saving you from yourself.

Take note of your best primary stat before the flask, then look after. It only goes up 100 or 104 something like that.

Its not that they both buff the same amount, its that your flask does +200 to one stat and the item does the +100 to 2 stats. They count +200 as being greater than +100 x 2 stats and when you have the item on it counts the +100x2stat greater than +200 to 2 stat.

Its not that they both buff the same amount, its that your flask does +200 to one stat and the item does the +100 to 2 stats. They count +200 as being greater than +100 x 2 stats and when you have the item on it counts the +100x2stat greater than +200 to 2 stat.

If you have a flask buff up and try to apply the whispers of insanity buff it says you have a stronger spell active.

Conversely

If you have the whispers of insanity buff applied and you try to use a flask it says the exact same thing.

So the game thinks that the buffs are equal in potency. This could be an error, however this is what currently happens.

On the mage topic I'm not sure the spec but unless they quick patched them they were the top on our damage meter.
is this accurate? Im frost.. about 638 iirc, and my dps is like 16-17k in heroics. fury warriors owning me. seems like caster dps is sub par so far in WoD

Highmaul butcher is closest to patchwerk tank and spank. I've seen many classes top the damage meters. Gear and execution in play more than class balance. Play what you have fun with, and just get good at it.

Butcher is a lot of fun for a tank. Basically just taunt off at 4 everytime. Tried to drop him on heroic last night but our dps was not on par and hit the enrage timer.

my VERY Casual guild on Ravencrest got through Butcher this weekend. again, not hard core in the slightest, but good fun! previous efforts, we only raid Saturday nights.. was to 30% on the fist guy.. but ea week gear is better, execution is better, etc.

I did about 17k on Butcher.. on my 639 Frost mage.. but, I had to move fair amount.. as I was one the in/out for the cleave groups. no gear though unfortunately on either for me =( lol

my VERY Casual guild on Ravencrest got through Butcher this weekend. again, not hard core in the slightest, but good fun! previous efforts, we only raid Saturday nights.. was to 30% on the fist guy.. but ea week gear is better, execution is better, etc.

I did about 17k on Butcher.. on my 639 Frost mage.. but, I had to move fair amount.. as I was one the in/out for the cleave groups. no gear though unfortunately on either for me =( lol

Just got to 635 on my frost mage, any tips for you can afford to spare for DPS rotations or anything you found you think would be useful for someone just getting into raiding?

A lot of people dont save their CD's for frenzy, which is wrong normal and heroic

-Open with prepot and CD salvo.
-Use any CD 90 seconds or less a second time when ever its up.
-Any CD >2 minutes do not use again till frenzy
-On frenzy use defensive and healing CDs until his first bounding cleave
-Hero right after his first bounding cleave during Frenzy
-Pop potion, pop all CDs and burn hard.
-Loot boss

I've got some good upgrades, up to 658 equipped and pull 22-24k dps with a 50k opening salvo without heroism. I'm really hoping for a 670 trinket and a 670 2h next week. I'm gonna burn all my seals on Heroic Imp, but that means killing him 3 times next week, thats a pretty big crapshoot in pugs.

A lot of people dont save their CD's for frenzy, which is wrong normal and heroic

-Loot boss

I've got some good upgrades, up to 658 equipped and pull 22-24k dps with a 50k opening salvo without heroism. I'm really hoping for a 670 trinket and a 670 2h next week. I'm gonna burn all my seals on Heroic Imp, but that means killing him 3 times next week, thats a pretty big crapshoot in pugs.

Yeah good luck killing Heroic Imperator in PUGs :eek:

Yeah good luck killing Heroic Imperator in PUGs :eek:

You're right, I meant Ko'ragh, he drops a 670 2hander, and he is puggable :)

I've yet to do normal Imp. 6/7 Normal and heroic. I want to get my 2h and trinket in heroic, then I should be pulling 25-26k dps to help cover for any bad dps on normal imp.

-Loot boss

Thanks for this!

Thanks for this!

Sure thing. Many leaders like to over-complicate every mechanic and describe every detail that not everyone needs to know about. Butcher, for example, really only two people need to know about triggering the groups in melee, you dont have to spend 15 minutes explaining it to everyone. Just simplify it and iron out issues while you're progressing. Nothing requires cheap tactics or tricks to win, just good execution of simple mechanics.

On another note, my followers are now out raiding me. They just got me a mythic ring (ilvl 685 w/ socket) when I'm still raiding heroic (ilvl 670). I'm not complaining, but it will be nice to break 670 without stepping into mythic

Just learned what unlocks the next tier for highmaul for your followers. Starting from normal mode, killing 15 highmaul bosses in that difficulty unlocks rewards for the next tier. I killed 16 H bosses luckily in time for the highmaul mission, so the reward is Mythic. Good to know for those that clear heroic Kargath. Just kill him 15 times if thats the only one you can kill!

Last edited:
Sure thing. Many leaders like to over-complicate every mechanic and describe every detail that not everyone needs to know about. Butcher, for example, really only two people need to know about triggering the groups in melee, you dont have to spend 15 minutes explaining it to everyone. Just simplify it and iron out issues while you're progressing. Nothing requires cheap tactics or tricks to win, just good execution of simple mechanics.

definitely true. too many people dont get the concept of Economy of words! keep it simple man. to the point. and your right.. its not ever about crazy stuff, tricks, etc.. no.. its about executing simple stuff well.

On another note, my followers are now out raiding me. They just got me a mythic ring (ilvl 685 w/ socket) when I'm still raiding heroic (ilvl 670). I'm not complaining, but it will be nice to break 670 without stepping into mythic

Just learned what unlocks the next tier for highmaul for your followers. Starting from normal mode, killing 15 highmaul bosses in that difficulty unlocks rewards for the next tier. I killed 16 H bosses luckily in time for the highmaul mission, so the reward is Mythic. Good to know for those that clear heroic Kargath. Just kill him 15 times if thats the only one you can kill!
WTF!!

are you serious?

I didnt even know the follower missions went that far! thats nuts. I totally lagged myself not doing any follower missions for almost 2 weeks.. because I initially screwed myself by not getting a Lumber mill out of the box, so I was constantly Resource starved for building later, etc.

so.. I have 12 lvl 100 followers now.. but all less than ilvl 615. so.. whats the right path to maximize followers? is there a guide or vid you found specifically good and to the point?

I have been saving the follower weapon and armor upgrades... after wasting some early on. so.. get 3 to ilvl 615, so they can beat 615 missions then? that opens 630..right? something like that?

I've decided I want to play a healer for the first time ever in WoW (thinking resto druid). I'm what most would consider a casual player. I feel it will give me A) a deeper understanding of the game and B) a new experience. What would be the best way for me to ease into playing this class so I don't outright suck at it later / cause mass grief for others? Dungeons while leveling, LFG, ? I've been reading up on Icy Veins to try to better understand when to cast what, etc. I see myself mainly wanting to do dungeons, not sure I can join an active raiding guild as of yet (RL calls).

Thanks for any [H] advice :)

Last edited:
I've decided I want to play a healer for the first time ever in WoW (thinking resto druid). I'm what most would consider a casual player. I feel it will give me A) a deeper understanding of the game and B) a new experience. What would be the best way for me to ease into playing this class so I don't outright suck at it later / cause mass grief for others? Dungeons while leveling, LFG, ? I've been reading up on Icy Veins to try to better understand when to cast what, etc. I see myself mainly wanting to do dungeons, not sure I can join an active raiding guild as of yet (RL calls).

Thanks for any [H] advice :)

Just doing lots of dungeons is really the best way to learn how to heal effectively. I leveled a resto shaman to 60 and then boosted to 90, so I feel like I have a decent understanding of how to play it well. Boosting straight to 90 from lvl 1 may not be too bad, but I feel like the Draenor dungeons are kind of hard for healers, and could be tough to learn on. But that's just my opinion of course!

I'm having a surprising amount of fun in WoW. Decided not to do any endgame stuffs. Instead, this expansion I'm focusing on old-world content and achievements. So far I've made 10K gold, leveled to 97 on my second character, gained about 2K achievement points, hit exalted with a total of 40 factions, and started the long grind to "the Insane" title. Not bad for a month's work.

Does anyone know if there's a way to see the max reputation you've ever held with a faction? I remember starting the "Insane in the Membrane" achievement way back when. Even got the Bloodsail Admiral title. But now that the titles cross characters, I can't recall which character I did it on. I'm hated with the Bloodsail on all my characters, but I know one of them was Honored at some point in time. I just don't know how to find out which one it was!

Also, damn I wish it were possible to move your rep to one character. Zandalar Tribe, Shen'dralar, Gelkis/Magram Clan Centaur... Can't get rep on 'em anymore, and the bars are not full. It's driving me a bit bonkers, even with 'em in "inactive"!

definitely true. too many people dont get the concept of Economy of words! keep it simple man. to the point. and your right.. its not ever about crazy stuff, tricks, etc.. no.. its about executing simple stuff well.

WTF!!

are you serious?

I didnt even know the follower missions went that far! thats nuts. I totally lagged myself not doing any follower missions for almost 2 weeks.. because I initially screwed myself by not getting a Lumber mill out of the box, so I was constantly Resource starved for building later, etc.

so.. I have 12 lvl 100 followers now.. but all less than ilvl 615. so.. whats the right path to maximize followers? is there a guide or vid you found specifically good and to the point?

I have been saving the follower weapon and armor upgrades... after wasting some early on. so.. get 3 to ilvl 615, so they can beat 615 missions then? that opens 630..right? something like that?

Really just run as many missions as possible

1. Get an level 2 inn, recruit a scavenger the first week, and then epic mounts every week afterwards. One scavenger is sufficient for stay ahead of resources (once everything else is built to level 3).
  2. Get a level 3 salvage yard. 100% all the missions you can
  3. Get a dwarven bunker, keep those work orders flowing.
  4. Save up the upgrades, dont use them until you're well prepared.
  5. Focus on getting all your followers to each milestone together, but get a "reserve" set of upgrades that you can bring 3 to the next tier. So get 2 or 3 to 630, then shoot for everyone getting to 615 first. You should be able at any time boost any three followers from 615 to 630. Once thats set, do the same with 645 and 630.
  6. Do not use the +3,+6,+9 on ilvl 600s. Thats a waste. use your 615,630, 645 direct boosts first.
  7. You dont need both armor and weapons to be the same to hit that tier. A 630 weapon and 600 armor makes the follower 615. Use this to your advantage. boost a character weapon to 640-655, then use the direct 615,630 armor boosts on him.

[*]Get an level 2 inn, recruit a scavenger the first week, and then epic mounts every week afterwards. One scavenger is sufficient for stay ahead of resources (once everything else is built to level 3).
I'm about 400 resources away from being able to upgrade my garrison to level 3. Would it be quicker to spend some of what I have to upgrade my tavern to recruit the scavenger and get resources that way, or just keep trying to find treasures and rares?

I'm about 400 resources away from being able to upgrade my garrison to level 3. Would it be quicker to spend some of what I have to upgrade my tavern to recruit the scavenger and get resources that way, or just keep trying to find treasures and rares?
That depends. A scavenger doubles the resources gained. If your missions are for 32 resources (like the early ones are), you'll get 64. It'd probably not be worth it. You might get another 100 resources a day if you work at it. On the other hand, if your missions are for 100+ resources (level 100, ilvl 600), then heck yeah you want the scavenger. Just remember that you have to level them up!

That depends. A scavenger doubles the resources gained. If your missions are for 32 resources (like the early ones are), you'll get 64. It'd probably not be worth it. You might get another 100 resources a day if you work at it. On the other hand, if your missions are for 100+ resources (level 100, ilvl 600), then heck yeah you want the scavenger. Just remember that you have to level them up!
Well, I currently only have 1 level 100 follower. I think one other is at 99, and I'm trying to get Ziri'ak from my Smuggler's Den, who starts at 99. I don't really get many missions for resources; the vast majority are bonus XP or money. Guess I just need a little more patience.

It's actually a 200% increase, so its triple. Regardless of what your follower can counter for resource missions, it's statistically always better to bring the scavenger.

Also when you have a choice to hire, I recommend a scavenger that can counter heroic strike. In my experience, that is the most common counter needed for resource missions.

Well, I currently only have 1 level 100 follower. I think one other is at 99, and I'm trying to get Ziri'ak from my Smuggler's Den, who starts at 99. I don't really get many missions for resources; the vast majority are bonus XP or money. Guess I just need a little more patience.

You can find a number of lvl 100 epic followers once you're 100. Millhouse comes from an inn daily that requires heroic UBRS clear. Leeroy Jenkins and Croman are from completing certain criteria in Heroic UBRS and Slag Mines respectively.

Scroll down on your garrison -> follower tab and you can see ALL the scripted obtainable ones.

It's actually a 200% increase, so its triple. Regardless of what your follower can counter for resource missions, it's statistically always better to bring the scavenger.
Aah, I misread the tooltip. My bad. At 3x the resources, it's worth it even as a level 90. That's a steady significant income.

I finally got a resource mission with 3 slots, i put 3 scavengers on it and I got like 1300+ resources. :D

You can find a number of lvl 100 epic followers once you're 100. Millhouse comes from an inn daily that requires heroic UBRS clear. Leeroy Jenkins and Croman are from completing certain criteria in Heroic UBRS and Slag Mines respectively.
My item level is still 606 (601 equipped), so no heroics for me yet. Hopefully I'll be able to reach 610 soon, cuz I want to get to 615 to do MC before it's gone.

Back