WoW; 5th expansion Warlords of Draenor

BTW, this question is to whoever can answer it. WHat's the fastest way to ilvl615?

I ran normal level 100 dungeons and also had my followers run missions for 615 items. Took me about three days to get to 615 after finishing most of the zone quest. You can also grind apex crystals, vender in warspear sells ilvl 630 items that I think you upgrade later with more crystals.

There are many lootable objects in Draenor. Nagrand has some that offer 600+ ilvl gear. With the bunker for the garrison, it increases the chance of items from quests/drops to upgrade to rare or epic. A green quest item can become an epic. The bunker isn't required for the upgrade, it just increases the chance of it occurring.

Get the handynotes with the Draneor Treasure plugin to provide an overlay to show locations of the treasures. You find some while questing but there are several that are in hiding spots, the addon helps with that.

Ahhhh, thanks :)... yeah I'm looking for a PVE flagged server and want to remain Alliance, but I do want to have a lot of population in Ashran as I love that style of PVP too. Any thoughts on that? Thanks for the tip.

Yea Lightbringer is a pretty high pop server. I think its like 145k alliance and 30k horde? And in the same battlegroup at Tich (which is the #1 server for wow).

Always pvp going on this server, even at 1-5am.

You CPU matters a lot as well. I'd guess if it's from the same era as you GPU the game will probably be unnacceptable slow.

Nah mate i got a 2500k 4.4 ghz, the reason i have the 7900 gt is because my 280x is rma. Been a bloody month now aswell and i have no update on it.

I will just buy a sub tonight and see how it runs, i hate my self for selling my molten edition naga now ><

getting to 615 wasn't too bad, but for me, frost mage, with sketchy level skillz.. getting past the Silver proving grounds was my personal bottleneck. took me like 25 tries. finally got it, sat night jumped into a heroic, got 2 pieces off the run, which put me over 615, checked the queue for MC.. was < 1min! so.. jumped in. ( this was at 2 am est ) survived the MC run.. omg.. 3+ hours... got the mount. yay

MC - the bosses simple.. all the fucking trash pulls? not so much.

will finally have enough hexweave to craft my first piece tonight. jeesh.

getting to 615 wasn't too bad, but for me, frost mage, with sketchy level skillz.. getting past the Silver proving grounds was my personal bottleneck. took me like 25 tries.

That's strange. I've got silver on 1st try with my 605 warlock. Gold - still trying at 635.

That's strange. I've got silver on 1st try with my 605 warlock. Gold - still trying at 635.
609 DK... I still haven't passed silver (tank). I'm taking about 80K DPS with my cooldowns up, and receiving 34K HPS. I can get to 7/8 about half the time. Got to 8/8 once, popped my ghouls to take the damage for me, and ended up dying seconds later. I find myself running away as often as possible just to give the healing DoT a chance. That Pandarian wench loves to taunt me after I die, too.

I've been watching my brother play. I remember playing this and I'm wondering if I should get back into this...

There are many lootable objects in Draenor. Nagrand has some that offer 600+ ilvl gear. With the bunker for the garrison, it increases the chance of items from quests/drops to upgrade to rare or epic. A green quest item can become an epic. The bunker isn't required for the upgrade, it just increases the chance of it occurring.

Get the handynotes with the Draneor Treasure plugin to provide an overlay to show locations of the treasures. You find some while questing but there are several that are in hiding spots, the addon helps with that.

how do i install the addons? I havent played wow in ages

Any one having issues with this running right.. If I run it with a single 290 I get crappy FPS(in the 50's but the game doesn't feel smooth at all) . If I run crossfire I get Great FPS (and it feels smooth) but I get a shutter/studder every maybe 15 seconds or so that's annoying as crap. It's driving me nutz.. Game should run fine on a single 290 but it doesn't. My system is a [email protected], dual 290's, 16 gigs of ram, and 120gig ssd. I'm only playing at 2560x1080. Before the xpac I don't remember having any issues with the game running on my system. Thanks

Any one having issues with this running right.. If I run it with a single 290 I get crappy FPS(in the 50's but the game doesn't feel smooth at all) . If I run crossfire I get Great FPS (and it feels smooth) but I get a shutter/studder every maybe 15 seconds or so that's annoying as crap. It's driving me nutz.. Game should run fine on a single 290 but it doesn't. My system is a [email protected], dual 290's, 16 gigs of ram, and 120gig ssd. I'm only playing at 2560x1080. Before the xpac I don't remember having any issues with the game running on my system. Thanks

I'd make a backup of your config in the WTF folder, I can't recall off the top of my head exactly which file it is, but there's a file that controls all your graphical/options settings. I'd change that file's name and have it auto generate a new one and go from there.

I have a 7970 on some recent beta drivers paired with a 4770k and the game runs great. Ashran dips me down into ~20-30fps though.

Sounds like some of the issues the Mac guys are having. Steady 60FPS on Ultra settings until you turn your character, then it drops to 10FPS until you're looking ahead again.

And I FINALLY finished Tank (Silver) last night. I had to focus more on the debuffs and less on saving the healer/dps. The Pandarian wench dropped down to about 20% HP before I pulled the mob off her. I'm okay with that. Stupid bint.

Sounds like some of the issues the Mac guys are having. Steady 60FPS on Ultra settings until you turn your character, then it drops to 10FPS until you're looking ahead again.

And I FINALLY finished Tank (Silver) last night. I had to focus more on the debuffs and less on saving the healer/dps. The Pandarian wench dropped down to about 20% HP before I pulled the mob off her. I'm okay with that. Stupid bint.

Yea that's pretty much what it does with a single card.

Unzip the file if needed. Go to the WoW folder. Next go to the interface folder. Go into the add-ons subfolder. Drop them in there.

You can also use the curse installer. Just download it and point it to where WoW is installed and can search for Addons that way. You can do it all from within the program and install that way. Will also register when an update for the addon has come out and you can update it that way.

Game runs smooth for me, averages 100fps or so, seen system in sig. All settings set to max.

Dat new Belf female ass... Might have to start my Pally again!

They made it simpler, kinda dumbed it down a bit, but at the same time, the storyline is excellent. Leveling is properly fun. The garrison mini-game is cool. The ability to share mounts/toys/achievements between all characters is one of those "FINALLY!" moments for me. All in all, it's shaping up to be a great expansion.

Dumbed it down? The dungeons are hell of a lot harder than Panda XP.
I skipped Panda, so I'm basing it off Cata/Wrath/BC/Vanilla. And I'm actually not talking about dungeons. As a DK, several of my abilities are just plain gone. Instead of having dozens of buttons to push for one situation, I now have a single button. It's not a bad change, but it is a pretty major one. It used to be strenuous to keep my cooldown rotation right while working my threat rotation at the same time. Doing it right made me feel like a gorram hero. Now, I hit three buttons and wait 10 seconds to hit them again. My class is a lot different to play. I heard the same thing from Elemental Shaman. They're simpler to play. I hit 100 on my DK, and instead of finishing up the zones, I'm finding myself soloing old-world raids and debating leveling up my pally.

609 DK... I still haven't passed silver (tank). I'm taking about 80K DPS with my cooldowns up, and receiving 34K HPS. I can get to 7/8 about half the time. Got to 8/8 once, popped my ghouls to take the damage for me, and ended up dying seconds later. I find myself running away as often as possible just to give the healing DoT a chance. That Pandarian wench loves to taunt me after I die, too.

I beat silver on my protection spec warrior at item level 605. Took me 5-6 tries to get it down, the real worst part is the last 3 waves, it's just crazy. You just have to time your cooldowns REALLY well to survive the 6th and 7th one. The last one is where you gotta go all out to finish it. Fortunately if the timer expires on the last wave, that is ok, you get credit as long as you are alive and as long as the caster is alive, with you both alive, it's over.

Dumbed it down? The dungeons are hell of a lot harder than Panda XP.

I skipped Cata and Mists because neither looked appealing to me, but I do agree that the dungeons are harder than what I remember WOTLK dungeons being, and I did all the raid content in WOTLK.

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to add me, HellsThunder#1596. I will be chaining heroics late late night (after 12:30 a.m. central standard time) all week long and some of this weekend until I get all best in slot items. Since I am a tank, my queue time will be instant. So if anyone wants to join me, add me. I am a pretty competent tank.

I play on Ner'zhul, Alliance and my warrior's name is Weak. Both my screenname on here and my character names are meant to be ironic :p

WoW up through MoP on sale for the next few days for $5 for anyone who wants another account or to get a friend started.

Ilevel doesn't matter for proving grounds since they scale to your Ilevel anyways.

i know a guy who has been playing wow non-stop since launch day....its an addiction..he's lost jobs over it...true story

I'd love to see them pull the plug

It's a funny thing for me. I'm starting to wonder if WoW is more nostalgia for me these days. I enjoy the hype and the initial leveling process, but then it becomes the grind again.

Either that, or I just enjoy spending time with the wife more than sitting in a chair staring at my computer screen.

It is a good expansion - I enjoy the garrison setup with the ability to fish and mine and do crafting, its like a personal mini city with everything you need if you're antisocial like me and don't really do much with guilds and so forth.

As for the "dumbing down" its a reference to the class changes where the developers went through all the classes with a microscope and appended, pruned, simplified or however you prefer to phrase it, they cut spells and abilities in an attempt to revamp the game and redefine the classes.

For example, one of my characters is a warlock thats 90 and if anybody remembers old school warlocks, they had a ton of spells and it became tedious trying to hotkey things and then if you didn't play the game for a week or two or three good luck remembering where everything is and reading your spell book trying to figure things out and in that respect where they pruned stuff, I'm actually glad because its more of a focus on the actual game for me versus trying to remember to press ctrl-A given a certain situation and then shift-B given another.

As an engineering student I see complex things everyday and I feel that people try to make things complicated for absolutely no reason at all and I myself prefer the simplest workable model but that is my personal opinion. A lot of classes need balancing - casters in particular such as mages and warlocks aren't doing the damage they're familiar with and with the ability pruning some classes (aka my fire spec mage) have proven to be rather dull in gameplay but as with all MMO's - its a work in progress and what we see this month can and probably will change next month.

For what it is worth, I play a monk and currently level 96 and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Not everything was simplified. I use 13-15 different abilities on almost every single fight as a Gladiator.

Not everything was simplified. I use 13-15 different abilities on almost every single fight as a Gladiator.
I had to look up what a Gladiator was. Warrior. Gotcha.

I played around on my paladin. That didn't seem very changed, and the gameplay is a lot more involved. My DK spends a lot of time waiting, just auto-attacking. My pally always has 2 or 3 buttons that can be pushed. Different playstyles, I guess... But I like the pally style more. My DK will probably just sit there at 100 and run classic raids when I'm bored.

I had to look up what a Gladiator was. Warrior. Gotcha.

I played around on my paladin. That didn't seem very changed, and the gameplay is a lot more involved. My DK spends a lot of time waiting, just auto-attacking. My pally always has 2 or 3 buttons that can be pushed. Different playstyles, I guess... But I like the pally style more. My DK will probably just sit there at 100 and run classic raids when I'm bored.

Prot DPS, if you will.

I am a warrior and have not tried out gladiator stance yet.

What should I know about it?

Yeah I should try Arms but I am focused on gathering tanking gear for raids. I am at item level 619 after doing one heroic today where 4/4 bosses dropped loot for me. Twas nice :D

Gonna raid Molten Core after work tonight.

Here is how I feel about my character progression :p

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

Phew.. finally reached level 100, (although I still have several quests to do in Nagrand) and finally able to complete the Gara quest chain.

My compliments to the players who were able to figure out this quest chain during the beta. A good thing I waited until I was level 100 before doing this, I don't think I could have done it with less gear and on lower levels. Amazing looking pet, together with Sambas I'm really happy with the two pets I have now.

===

What are the favorite zones of other players here? My favorite so far is Spires of Arak. I really liked questing there, being away from the Alliance a bit and learning more about the history of the Arrakoa's and their deities and kings. They also have a pretty unique sense of humor. :)

Least favorite zone (but certainly not bad) for me was Talador. Only zone I got the feeling near the end of "are we there yet?" Beautiful zone, but I found questing tedious.

Last edited:
Back