WoW; 5th expansion Warlords of Draenor

Frankly, this is where GW2 excels. They get new content (That's fun) out on a pretty regular basis. If only it ran better on my rMBP. *sigh*

Its just too bad GW2 is even more boring than stagnant WoW can be.

That December date for WoD was pretty stupid of Blizzard. Yes I get it, it won't be out that late, and most likely many months earlier than that.

But, some people might see that December date, and think oh well, F. this I'm gonna cancel my subscription for now, maybe come back next Winter.

If it is even close to December, like Sept / Oct is still way too late, with nothing new to do, since Patch 5.4 in September 2013. Didn't Blizzard learn from the long drought between end of Cat Patch 4.3 in December 2011 to MoP release in October 2012, frigging 10 months of nothing new at all.

There will be nothing new coming whatsoever as far as content patches, until the pre-expansion patch 6.0 a month before WoD release. So we will be looking at a good 7+ months of being stuck with SoO still :rolleyes:

Fully agree , I can handle the price , the amount of play time I get out of WoW is huge but 9+ month wait? What happen to "releasing more expansions , more content more frequently"? I guess Blizzard scrapped that whole idea. Frankly the game could become a bone yard compared to what it was years ago during that 9 month calm. This was a entirely awful choice on Blizzard's part.

I know this is a bit alarmist and whiny but this really seems like the start of the end of this game. With more and more of the long term employee's leaving Blizzard it doesn't inspire me with confidence that they would start bumping up the cost of expansions and the wait between them. This is just a really bad idea all around.

This expansion pack better be the best expansion since Burning Crusade to frankly live up to the wait and increased cost and I seriously doubt this will.

This expansion pack better be the best expansion since Burning Crusade to frankly live up to the wait and increased cost and I seriously doubt this will.

I don't know about that. I know I'm not alone when I say the screenshots and other info released so far have me looking forward to it more than any of the expansions since WotLK. Several of my guild members feel the same way. We've seen a bunch of "old timers" come back even yesterday with the 90 boost to get back in the flow of things before the expansion drops.

I don't know about that. I know I'm not alone when I say the screenshots and other info released so far have me looking forward to it more than any of the expansions since WotLK. Several of my guild members feel the same way. We've seen a bunch of "old timers" come back even yesterday with the 90 boost to get back in the flow of things before the expansion drops.

People coming back to soak in the last bits of a current expansion - being carried through end-game once it's easy mode - while preparing for the upcoming expansion is not an unusual thing. Even with that, though, WoW's subscriber numbers are on the decline.

I'm not sure that WoD is going to turn things around more than temporarily as another round of people re-activate to check things out, determine it isn't their thing, then drop out yet again. That said, even with that gradual decline, WoW can probably last a pretty long while.

Did I just get Warlords of Draenor for free?

So I haven't been subscribed to wow for many months, just about 20 minutes ago I got an email saying:

Hello Josh,

Thank you for making a purchase from Blizzard Entertainment.

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor (Pre-Purchase)
The digital game(s) you purchased are now attached to your Battle.net account. Pre-download information can be found on your World of Warcraft Dashboard. Warlords of Draenor is expected to release on or before December 20, 2014.
To use your Level 90 Character Boost, log in to World of Warcraft and go to the character select screen. Click the Character Boost icon on the top of the screen to begin. (Starter Edition restrictions apply).
===========================================
Purchase Receipt
Customer Name: Josh xxxx
Order Date: 05 Apr 2014
Order #: 154053184

(1) World of Warcraft Digital Upgrade - $49.99
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Digital: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Credit Card Number: ****-****-****-2321
Payment method: Visa
Item Subtotal: $49.99 USD
Tax: $0.00 USD
Shipping & Handling: $0.00 USD
Shipping Tax: $0.00 USD
Grand Total: $49.99 USD

Sold by: Blizzard Entertainment

If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please visit the Battle.net Support Site.

Thanks for shopping with us!
Blizzard Entertainment
Support | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Sale
]
Thing is, the end card number isn't mine, and I had undone my authenticator for some reason I forgot. Well, when I logged in it indeed said I had Draenor but I also re-added my authenticator. Unfortunately, all my (low level) toons are gone. I can log in fine though with my authenticator. So thanks to a hacker did I just get Draenor for free since I immediately added my authenticator?

prob be a scam dont click any links, or maybe they have some kind of single click buy like amazon has and you pressed it on accident? check your CC bill just incase. But they are not giving those away for free they started selling the digital versions not to long ago. But if you did get hacked thats a very nice hacker... aside from low level toons gone, are you missing anything? or have you even gained anything? as in it seems some one was playing your chars

Did I just get Warlords of Draenor for free?

Thing is, the end card number isn't mine, and I had undone my authenticator for some reason I forgot. Well, when I logged in it indeed said I had Draenor but I also re-added my authenticator. Unfortunately, all my (low level) toons are gone. I can log in fine though with my authenticator. So thanks to a hacker did I just get Draenor for free since I immediately added my authenticator?

No, your account got jacked, someone used a stolen CC to add WoD and boost your chars and then steal them. Your account gonna get banned in a few days for using a stolen CC.
Contact Blizzard ASAP.

So I sumbitted a support ticket. My email/pass was not changed thankfully and I added my authenticator. I did have a level 86 warrior orc and a 47 warlock I really liked. What is amazing is how fast he did it. I had several other toons on other realms and they are all gone too!

Okay, scaratch that. This is weird. When I logged in initially it kept asking me to "upgrade" as if I had a trial account so I backed out (out of the character screen, not battle.net launcher) and logged in to a "wow1" that I have had forever for some reason I forget, then logged out and switched it back to my "synbios459" account which I have always used and now everything is back, wtf?

Okay I was going through my realms and found one that I had previously not had a toon on and sure enough there was a level 90 druid; all decked out to. I find it odd, why would the hacker hack my account and leave everything else just to add a level 90?

do what ashmelev75 said and contact bliz support asap and have them look over your entire account just to make sure everything is ok and if that CC was stolen to say it was not you

Anyone on a server that still does Nalak? I need to defeat him for the legendary cloak but my server is too dead...

Anyone on a server that still does Nalak? I need to defeat him for the legendary cloak but my server is too dead...

What faction? There are tricks you can do to solo it if needed, but on my Horde server I see a few people in trade advertising World Bosses runs and looking for people. I also see groups in Open Raid for them.

Shoot me a pm if you are Horde and I will see about getting us into a group sometime.

You just need 2 people for that nalak part of the quest. Just need one to kite him and you stay alive during the 20ish seconds for the spear.

So happy I quit WoW last month, I have a ton more free time to do better things again, like workout, go walking, etc...do yardwork early, watch more Hockey.

I got back into WoW heavy at the release of patch 5.4 in the Fall, played that like 6 or 7 nights a week up to March, so almost 6 months on patch 5.4 I played a ton, nonstop for six straight months. had a lot of fun doing it, but then just hit a wall of burnout, and get sick of the game again, for being so repetitive ans the same old thing, with nothing new for six months.

Now it looks like patch 5.4 SoO will be stuck around for a solid year of nothing new. WoD isn't due until September the earliest. I just can't support this game anymore with such long droughts of nothing new. It has been a pattern, the year before a new expansion, Blizzard just abandons the game for like 10 to 12 months. Seems like the final last raid patch get released, then almost a whole year can pass with nothing new at all. How can that be acceptable ? What happened to Blizzard saying they want expansions released much quicker than 2yrs apart, but go to 18 months.

So happy I quit WoW last month, I have a ton more free time to do better things again, like workout, go walking, etc...do yardwork early, watch more Hockey.

I got back into WoW heavy at the release of patch 5.4 in the Fall, played that like 6 or 7 nights a week up to March, so almost 6 months on patch 5.4 I played a ton, nonstop for six straight months. had a lot of fun doing it, but then just hit a wall of burnout, and get sick of the game again, for being so repetitive ans the same old thing, with nothing new for six months.

Now it looks like patch 5.4 SoO will be stuck around for a solid year of nothing new. WoD isn't due until September the earliest. I just can't support this game anymore with such long droughts of nothing new. It has been a pattern, the year before a new expansion, Blizzard just abandons the game for like 10 to 12 months. Seems like the final last raid patch get released, then almost a whole year can pass with nothing new at all. How can that be acceptable ? What happened to Blizzard saying they want expansions released much quicker than 2yrs apart, but go to 18 months.

So, we'll see you in September. :D

I just re-subbed to mess around for a bit, make some cash, do some achievements, see parts of the game I missed, nothing too time consuming. I can see it getting annoying playing the same game 6-7 nights a week, that'd kill anyone.

So, we'll see you in September. :D

I just re-subbed to mess around for a bit, make some cash, do some achievements, see parts of the game I missed, nothing too time consuming. I can see it getting annoying playing the same game 6-7 nights a week, that'd kill anyone.

I was in a very demanding Guild, great group people, but were hardcore Raiders, wanted me as the 2nd Raid group main Tank. it was time sink, and then running SoO Raid versions of LFR, Flex, and Normal, every week, got way too much, and burned me out.

Plus nothing new released for WoW since last October 2013, and nothing new due until this Fall 2014, I am done. We'll see come WoD release, might come back :p

I was in a very demanding Guild, great group people, but were hardcore Raiders, wanted me as the 2nd Raid group main Tank. it was time sink, and then running SoO Raid versions of LFR, Flex, and Normal, every week, got way too much, and burned me out.

Plus nothing new released for WoW since last October 2013, and nothing new due until this Fall 2014, I am done. We'll see come WoD release, might come back :p

Haha yeah, I remember you venting a bit about the 2nd Raid group responsibilities, completely unnecessary for you is what I said back then, and sticking to it now. You've done what you set out to do in the game when content was relevant, and you got your moneys worth imo.

I don't know why you would run LFR, Flex, AND normal as a "required" guild/raid group.

What faction? There are tricks you can do to solo it if needed, but on my Horde server I see a few people in trade advertising World Bosses runs and looking for people. I also see groups in Open Raid for them.

Shoot me a pm if you are Horde and I will see about getting us into a group sometime.

I got it all sorted out, thanks guys! I'm actually Alliance and I just kited him around in blood spec on my DK.

You just need 2 people for that nalak part of the quest. Just need one to kite him and you stay alive during the 20ish seconds for the spear.

2 people is definetely easier... i soloed him on both toons, warlock and monk. warlock was easier. just void tank and run round till spear kills spark (20 secs) then teleport away and live.. monk i think i ended up dying.. but i lived long enough to get it.

Any news on a more concrete release date ? I quit WoW back in the Winter, just got so sick of the now typical lack of development, and 10 - 12 months of NOTHING NEW AT ALL, between expansions.

But I may pick up WoD just to level up, see the new content for a couple months. What's the deal with the character model update ? I hear Blizzard crying how long it's been taking and costs a lot of money, etc... to create these brand new character models :rolleyes: But my one question is, how cool do they brand new character models look with full armor / gear on ? I hope to God they looks radically different better, than the crap outdated models they been stuck for so long. I mean naked character models looking better, I could care less about, I haven't seen my character naked in like 9 yrs, that's pointless to make them only look better undressed.

The Human male model, looks fat, bloated and constipated with full gear on, the Night Elf male looks ridiculously tall, with a wafer thin waist, and gorilla long arms, etc... They need to radically change the character models shape with full gear and get away from the Quake 3 looking outdated model. The Humans have those huge thick forearms that look like Popeye :rolleyes:

Any news on a more concrete release date ? I quit WoW back in the Winter, just got so sick of the now typical lack of development, and 10 - 12 months of NOTHING NEW AT ALL, between expansions.

But I may pick up WoD just to level up, see the new content for a couple months. What's the deal with the character model update ? I hear Blizzard crying how long it's been taking and costs a lot of money, etc... to create these brand new character models :rolleyes: But my one question is, how cool do they brand new character models look with full armor / gear on ? I hope to God they looks radically different better, than the crap outdated models they been stuck for so long. I mean naked character models looking better, I could care less about, I haven't seen my character naked in like 9 yrs, that's pointless to make them only look better undressed.

The Human male model, looks fat, bloated and constipated with full gear on, the Night Elf male looks ridiculously tall, with a wafer thin waist, and gorilla long arms, etc... They need to radically change the character models shape with full gear and get away from the Quake 3 looking outdated model. The Humans have those huge thick forearms that look like Popeye :rolleyes:

Nothing concrete yet, however they are in beta phase now (as of about a week ago). If you look at past beta periods and also know the release ceiling is December 20th (21st?) 2014... Beta usually lasts for 12-16 weeks with about a 2-3 week period of it shutting down and then bam there's release. That said we can assume a range of 14-19 weeks for release since the start of beta of WoD which would put us in October to early November.

Given that blizzcon is on November 7th and 8th, I'm willing to be it will be on or immediately after November 7th and 8th.

In terms of the models, they still use the same engine, but just have way more polygons to make them more detailed. You can see model comparisons on their website.

The rumors are (internally) that they are aiming for a late November or early December launch window. It will be at the height of the holiday shopping season which is a perfect time to boost sales and add some subs for a few months.

Question will be though , is this expansion meaty enough for another 6 months? So far the Beta is only being trickled out in its form , certain accessible instances/raids. From what I've watched on the streams it looks promising but its way to earl to tell , we need more of the expansion to get a good idea of what the final product will be.

I'm still kinda wary of the expansion. PoM got boring less fast than Cata but there are TONS of good games this holiday season. I'll be picky where my money goes.

Yeah I already paid for WoD but am not sure about it. When I go into something I go all in ....and tire of the WoW grind within a month or two. Should be interesting, Wildstar is still looking pretty strong. This winter and more specifically 2015 will really show how well WoW is holding up.

I agree the few streams I have watched do look intriguing to say the least.

I just recently used my free 7 days to kind of mess around, level my mage, etc. Kind of digging the vibe of not having to worry about raids and all that bullshit atm, just relaxing to some music and fucking around.

I'd like to get a physical copy of the WoD collector's though, which is why I'm holding out on upgrading digitally.

Warlords of Draenor: UBRS available at level 90 before expansion
http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/08/14/warlords-of-draenor-ubrs-available-at-level-90-before-expansion/

When patch 6.0 drops, we'll get a chance to get up close and personal with the Iron Horde as they invade Upper Blackrock Spire. This dungeon will be available as a level 100 dungeon once the expansion releases, but before that, in patch 6.0 we'll be able to run it as a level 90 dungeon to get loot that will serve us as we get ready to go to Draenor.

In addition he mentioned the world event of the Iron Horde pushing into the Blasted Lands, overwhelming the area around the Dark Portal and putting both the Horde and Alliance on the defensive. It's up to players to take the battle to the Iron Horde, push them back through the portal, and defeat the forces under Warlord Zaela in Upper Blackrock Spire.

The new CG trailer is sick. I would expect none of the less.

But I'm really debating if I'll jump back in or not. I get suckered in because of my history with this game but this expansion really doesn't excite me at all. I was really hoping for content dealing with the Titans but Blizzard doesn't seem interested in that.

Guess we'll see. Lots of great games this year.

A lot of my friends are coming back atm after being on hiatus for 5-6 months, which makes it a lot of fun. Looking forward to some new content and hopefully it'll bring a little bit of what this game needs balance wise.

They really seem to be wanting to get back to what people loved in the first place so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. The best part of vanilla WoW were the people and the community. X-realm stuff was necessary after a point but really diluted that personal feel. I used to go into BGs on my pvp grind and I'd know almost everyone on the enemy side and they'd know me. Character transfers took that away a bit more too (players all drifting towards higher pop servers). Still, I have a good core of people to play with and hopefully we can find ways of expanding that even further. Games like WoW are all about the people, and people who get hit with the nostalgia bug sometimes misattribute that nostalgia to the game and not the people they joked around in vent with.

I literally about to finish MIsh of Pandas content within 2 months and they said there hasn't been any content patches for 14+ months. no wonder millions left. they better do more content patches this Draenor,

I literally about to finish MIsh of Pandas content within 2 months and they said there hasn't been any content patches for 14+ months. no wonder millions left. they better do more content patches this Draenor,

Sadly that's WoW.

A brand new expansion is released every two years. But it's the last 10 - 14 months between eexpansions that NOTHING new at all gets released.

You can pretty much count on one whole year of ZERO new content before a new expansion. And for me that's the reason I quit, and only sub for a few months around a new expansion release, and then quit and wait for the major patch release and play for few months again .

But I haven't played a solid year straight since like Wrath days.

A recent Blue post stated that the reason Warlords was so delayed is because they added 80 new people to the development team. Getting them up to speed is the cause for the extended delay, with hopes of much quicker cycles in the future.

At least that's what they say.

Would be more interesting to know the total size of the WoW team at this point, to gauge how much a 80 person increase is overall.

Sadly that's WoW.

A brand new expansion is released every two years. But it's the last 10 - 14 months between eexpansions that NOTHING new at all gets released.

You can pretty much count on one whole year of ZERO new content before a new expansion. And for me that's the reason I quit, and only sub for a few months around a new expansion release, and then quit and wait for the major patch release and play for few months again .

But I haven't played a solid year straight since like Wrath days.

The best part is that every expansion they claim they will not let the content be stale for that long again (check WotLK ICC)..yet here we are, with an incredible long time with no updates. Really need to pump out some stuff quicker.

Overall, I like a lot of what they're doing with WoD, and the time frame is great for those (like myself) who haven't "finished up" in Pandaria as of yet (ie Legendary Cloak?). While I do appreciate a lot of the "Vanilla to Lich King" era WoW, I have to say that I've really enjoyed most of what has been done in Cataclysm and going forward. Seriously. There are some GREAT additions that are responsible for in many ways, making all the post-WoW MMOs that even briefly intersect with its sphere feel lacking.

Re-doing the entire world in Cata for instance was a great feature to give depth to the leveling experience and keep it fresh, but other additions have been more mechanic-related and possibly just as important. For instance, the increasing system of account-wide achievements and unlocks, including the Pandaria "Boosted Rep account wide once you make it to Revered once" is absolutely fantastic in my opinion. Especially at a time when "rep grinds" became prolific (which is one thing I felt was a bit overdone. Daily daily daily daily...), it was huge quality of life advance to be able to enjoy using all your titles, mounts, pets etc.. on ALL your characters, nearly single-handedly making playing alts feel exciting and not a chore. One of my favorite "achievement" mounts was the Twilight Drake (rarely dropped from hardest-mode 3-drake alive Sartharion back in the Cata raid and it was a DROP, not an unlock) which I was luckly enough to win. There were many times I thought "I'd really like to have this on my Alliance main, but there's no way in hell I'll get so lucky again". Likewise, my Ulduar "Astral Walker" title from back in the day. Its nice to have them available for all my characters. The pet-battle system is an excellent form of emergent gameplay (and again, account wide); there's still a ton I haven't done there and it is invigorating for characters of all levels to play what is pretty much a fully-formed Pokemon MMO built into WoW if they wish to do so, PVP or PVE! Including the comprehensive Dungeon and Raid Finder is also a huge improvement, controversial as it is to say. For years in order to raid you HAD to go through the meta-activity of the scheduling, finding players of sufficient level and gear who want to raid when you do, comprehensive loot rules and more, which turned a lot of people otherwise interested in raiding, off. Now, there's a better solution. You can jump on with a couple of hours to kill, instantly queue up and join a balanced team of other people who want to raid where and what you do, are geared to a threshold to do so proficiently, and seamlessly get into it. This is a fantastic experience, which is distinct and separate from the "old way" of scheduled raiding. Furthermore, the expansion of the raid system to include multiple difficulties and reward levels is great, serving both the raider who only uses the Raid Finder to join random others on an easier difficulty and yet gets to see the content, while scheduled raiders at the Normal, Flexible (even better, scaling if you have more than 10 but less than 25 players etc..), and Heroic levels can unlock harder levels of play, higher and visually distinct item-level rewards, as well as special achievements and unlocks for those who go the extra mile (ie Heroic level achievements for a raid that unlock a special mount if they're all accomplished). There's an option for everyone, which should make most players happy; save for the "exclusionist" demographic who get their jollies not from what they do directly, but by how far above they are from the "unworthy".

WoD's major features, including Garrison building..which I'm eager to see if it will be the "player housing" many of us have been longing to enjoy, all seem set up for further quality-of-life enhancements. The Stat Squish and class changes will make it easier to understand your equip and its viability - something I've long found lacking in WoW. For everyone who doesn't pour over spreadsheets from Elitist Jerks and similar sites (or use a mod that does), it has been very difficult to decide how to gear up for a given class and spec. Hidden proto-stats, such as Expertise and Hit make things even worse -there no way in game where players were taught that that the raid encounters are designed for you to be Hit/Defense/Expertise capped, what the cap is, etc... for instance. Even just deciding how to gem or reforge is very difficult, much less knowing if a new piece of gear is an upgrade or not. I know lots of more casual players who feel that gearing is offputting, because of this fact - they don't look outside the game, and the in-game explanations at character creations are basically no more than "your class uses Strength, Stamina, and sometimes Intelligence", which isn't sufficient. This is a prime example of needless complexity - there is more or less a "right" answer, yet it isn't easily understood nor is there a tutorial explaining to players, completely internally to the game, what the "right" answers are and how to attain them. So I'm very glad to see a step down this path in WoD. The improvements to the Group and Raid Finder also seem like great additions

As others have said, this doesn't mean that I've been happy with everything that Blizzard has done with WoW. For instance, I too would like to see more frequent content injections, besides main "tiered raid content" patches. Even after an expansion is "done", like we have now in WoW 5.4 with the official end of raid content, it would be nice to see other sorts of enhanced content. New open world and dungeon group content, lore-focused stuff, dynamic events not just right before the release of a new expansion, but more frequently. Considerable upgrades to the holidays and other dynamic/seasonal content. Whole new types of missions and events (perhaps inspired by Guild Wars 2's Living Story/event system, and/or The Secret World's Investigations.). How about more housing/garrison stuff, roleplay-centric, and crafting-focused events? Pet battles were a huge expansion of non-raid content that is enjoyable for players of all levels for instance, and bringing similar sorts of content would be a huge boon to keeping the game fresh; it isn't just raid content and PVP seasons that matter.

Its these "quality of life" and polish features that are missing in many other titles that makes them feel lacking in comparison to WoW. Hopefully this will continue with WoD.

Keeping my eye on this slightly. I usually quit at the end of each expansion then return for the new stuff. I quit before Pandaria came out and didn't return at it's launch. But I did return a bit later and found myself very disappointed with the skill tree revamp so I quit again. But maybe I'll try WoD at launch.

Christ, why are all the twitch streamers a bunch of bro-dbags?

Back