WoW; 5th expansion Warlords of Draenor

I haven't been interested in WoW for a while now , but this one has got me curious. I loved TBC and I can hardly turn down a chance to go back. I will probably play this one.
I like how everything looks "Barbaric". & the new character models look great!. A much needed improvement IMO.

Also I like they fact that they are bringing back the Arakkoa or (Skeksis) whichiever :p

Last edited:
I'd rather have 'Titan'

turn the plug off on this thing and gives us a brand new mmo with ALL THE CURRENT technology PLEASE

level 90...are you people sick?!! anyone who plays a game thats been the same shit for 9 years needs mental health experts

when the frak is this pig goin f2p...

I'd rather have 'Titan'

turn the plug off on this thing and gives us a brand new mmo with ALL THE CURRENT technology PLEASE

level 90...are you people sick?!! anyone who plays a game thats been the same shit for 9 years needs mental health experts

when the frak is this pig goin f2p...

Even at the current 7.9 million people, if you average it out to $10/mo, they're getting $79 million / month. Why on earth would they make it F2P?

This expansion is about exploration and individual character experience. Personally I think that's what wow needs... That and server wide accomplishments.

People complain that things get to easy... But very few guilds have completed the newest heroic raids, and even then after tons of wipes.

People are getting hung up on time travel, but alternate dimensions have always been part of warcraft lore.

Exploring the disparate clans is something we've never been able to do since warcraft 1 and 2

I'm kinda "meh" on the whole time travel thing. Yeah it is part of the lore, but I think there is still enough of a story to be told in the "present." Leave time travel stories to their own dungeon instances. And Garrosh is still a major player. Ugh.

Anyway, the other things I've heard about seem interesting. Bout time on the character model updates. Although I've read they won't all be ready at the start of the expansion and will be released a couple every few months. The garrison looks cool. Not just player housing, but a player village. Complete with people you can send out on jobs, like the crew in SWTOR.

Instant level 90 on ONE character doesn't seem as big a problem as some people are making it out to be. Power leveling to 90 doesn't take a lot of time anyway. And there of plenty of 90s now who don't have the slightest idea how to play their class. It isn't like this will make it any worse. But it should help bring in some old players who want to come back, but won't because they don't want to play catch up before they can join their friends. It's really something they should have been doing every couple of expansions.

And why do people who claim to hate the game so much care if/when it is going F2P?

So its Burning Crusade all over again but with world events prior (or at least more of them) similar to AQ's unlock in vanilla.

And they are going to be AGAIN folding in "stats" for cookie cutter easy mode "stats" that are going to again rob away more depth for the long term player. At the same turn of the coin they are going add stats .. what the fuck?

New Player Models. New models have lots of facial detail, teeth, tongues, smiles, and animations. Dwarf, Orc, and Gnome models are ready to preview.

God , it took you 10 years to upgrade your player models. Seriously this should have been a year 5 development.

Boost to Level 90. Warlords of Draenor will boost one of your characters to Level 90 for free.
The boost will clean up your bags, quest log, and action bar to reduce the mess.

Are you kidding me? So outside of PVE , PVP and Farming you have leveling and now your going to automate that one critical experience for players to learn their class? So more newbs running around in lousy gear not understanding or caring to understand their class doing random dungeons/raids/pvp with people who do actually bother to learn and understand their class/role. UGH.

Mythic is a new difficulty harder than heroic with a 20 player fixed size.

FINALLY a newer much more challenging form of raiding. Why wasn't this added to soothe the complaints of the core gaming audience for this game YEARS ago Blizzard? You seriously have waited to now to introduce a feature that has been begged for ... just about close to 5 to 6 years now? This is probably the smartest move of this expac. Should please the poor fucks who choose to stick with this game.

PvP

Ashran will be a new World PvP zone with faction bases and other hotspots. It also is a PvP sandbox that continues all of the time. Wintergrasp had a start and end time, but Ashran will always be active. It is somewhat like the original AV.
Ashran will use cross realm zones to create a faction balanced PvP zone.
Ashran will let you build and commandeer siege vehicles.
The UI will have a new objective tracker and capture status. Flags will fill with color as it is being captured.
Battleground scores will be added to give players an idea how how they are doing in the battleground. It fills out by doing damage, healing, capturing objectives, and contributing to the battleground.
The Honor system will stay in place, but the end of battlegrounds or arenas will give you a random chance to win bonus items, honor, BoE gear, and more.
You will get a weekly quest to upgrade an item, something like completing a number of battlegrounds or arenas.
Trial of the Gladiator is the new Arena Ladder. It will concentrate queue times at certain times during the week, which will help higher rated people have others to play against and help to identify exploiters.
Trial of the Gladiator also uses tournament rules. You can buy gear from a vendor and play, no need to grind up a set. PvE gear won't work in here!
You will earn prestige rewards only from Trial of the Gladiator.

Excellent. Finally , a worthwhile addition to PVP outside of the Arena. And some meaningful changes to the boring ass honor grind. Another plus Blizzard , I do appreciate it.

Alright so some boneheaded ideals sprinkled with a few delicious ones. Some meaningful changes for anyone that plays the game more than once every two months. But do we honestly give a fuck about seeing the Orc homeworld? Out of all the rich lore this game has (an expansion purely about the Titan's would have been amazing or the Azure Dragons world/place would have also rocked) this is kind of a strange choice.

But this final tid bit of news .. is probably the best.

The end of this expansion is going to spill over into the next one. Many more expansions are lined up now.

Finally a continuity to the expansion system. One of the most frustrating things Blizzard has done with WoW is hop around so much on the time line of the lore. To be able to set a narrative and continue it into the next expansion but with a real sense of collaboration between each expansion is news that excites me the most. You can appeal to all of your audiences Blizzard , you have the core ingredients thanks to the years of work/experience. Stop giving long term players more reasons to leave and instead temp them with new reasons to stay. And stop trying to make the game a single button push to win experience for casuals , they do actually (secretly) enjoy the challenge of something perhaps that is beyond them , earning the capability to do something you didn't think you could is the reason why WoW has worked and MMO's in general.

The HOTS trailer looks pretty cool. Hopefully Blizzard can dethrone LoL and I won't have to listen to my friends bitch about a game that looks like it was made for a Voodoo2 video card.

LOL at people bitching about the instant lvl 90. I for one welcome this feature as there is no way I am lvling from 1 to 90. I don't care if its fast its still tedious as hell. And seriously people it only takes a few moments to learn how to play your class. It's not rocket scientists. Stop acting like it takes actual brain power to learn to play a toon in WOW. Even my dog plays wow and he raids 3 times a week. Sheesh

LOL at people bitching about the instant lvl 90. I for one welcome this feature as there is no way I am lvling from 1 to 90. I don't care if its fast its still tedious as hell. And seriously people it only takes a few moments to learn how to play your class. It's not rocket scientists. Stop acting like it takes actual brain power to learn to play a toon in WOW. Even my dog plays wow and he raids 3 times a week. Sheesh

You are exactly the reason the game can be incredibly frustrating for those that take the time to actually level and learn their class. Blizzard could have offered a 1 to 70 boost and that would have been more reasonable and at least something that could be absorbed by the player population.

Leveling in WoW is incredibly simple and easy. It also feeds you the lore of the game , some of its best moments that you could possibly have (especially after 70) and it gives you a chance to learn professions and level them up accordingly. It gives you the opportunity to also play with interface mods , figure out what best suits your tastes and eases your gaming experience and it helps you understand how to equip your character in terms of what gear or what gear set at what time. Its literally critical in producing players that actually understand the game. Its not about those who have tons of alts , its about casual people who have a level 20 that they've played for the last 4 years suddenly becoming level 90 and basically understanding NOTHING.

Giving people a free level 90 character is going to weight down the experience .. with inexperience. No offense. If you think WoW is so easy then go do end game Heroic raiding and show me your achievements.

Last edited:
Its not about those who have tons of alts , its about casual people who have a level 20 that they've played for the last 4 years suddenly becoming level 90 and basically understanding NOTHING.

and they will still be a casual player, they will just have a lvl 90 toon. They arent going to suddenly be in your raid groups or heroic dungeon groups.

What difference does it make if they are a casual player with a lvl 20 or a casual player with a lvl 90...it affects you in no way. The "experience" of the game isnt the be all end all for everyone.

and they will still be a casual player, they will just have a lvl 90 toon. They arent going to suddenly be in your raid groups or heroic dungeon groups.

What difference does it make if they are a casual player with a lvl 20 or a casual player with a lvl 90...it affects you in no way. The "experience" of the game isnt the be all end all for everyone.

Except they are suddenly going to join raid groups in LFR and LFG ques. I know because I use to encounter them CONSTANTLY , people who had no idea how to even play their character doing a raid in very basic gear screaming at people in chat calling them random remarks a 13 year old would make in COD.

And in regular dungeons as well. It would have made more sense to simply offer an even faster level experience , but to take it away completely and leave only 10 levels is not going to give casuals the tools they need to blend well with the game. They will stand out now more than ever and possibly ruin more experiences for the rest of us by having to hand hold them through shit.

The experience of the game for the vast majority of people who play it is through leveling.. PERIOD. Fucking with that is an easy way to take an already unbalanced game and slant it even more. They could have fucked with any other feature and basically not effected the gaming population to anymore of an extent then they already have. Now they are set to unleash more casual "fury" on people who choose to stick around and play the game more frequently. At least when they offered triple experience for new accounts and instant teleports to those friends it was behind a pay wall so it wouldn't be abused or unbalance things. Now all you need to do is buy WoW , its expansions and level to 10. Then when this expansion comes out you'll be warped to 90 and everyone else will have to walk you through it.

Its one thing to appeal to the casual audience , its a whole other kind of animal when you force veteran players to deal with the casual audience without choice. This is what drove away so many veteran WoW players to begin with. Its like Blizzard can't even possibly comprehend both casual and veteran players being satisfied at the same time so they target one audience and make it more difficult for the other and alternate doing so from expansion to expansion. Its baffling. And its not working , people are leaving .. in large numbers ... in the millions. This auto level 90 feature will not help the game period.

You know come to think of it , I can remember more than a few casual players deciding to become involved in the game (at least the ones I knew) simply because there were challenges present that made them want to play more and achieve more. Taking away a chance for further interest by throwing them into the ocean , sink or swim , is another reason why this could make things even more divide among the player base. Not everyone responds to that method of forced education.

So this expac isn't a time travel type of thing. They aren't contending with causality, paradoxes etc associated with it. It's more like a parallel world which resembles the past Outland being funneled to Azeroth via another Dark Portal (not sure if its gonna be the same one in the same place or not).

I'm highly interested in this expac myself. I haven't played since shortly after Cataclysm and wasn't interested in MoP. They're basically treating Draenor like a concurrent world with its original path being twisted by Garrosh and his cryptically-referenced "friend." Sounds like fun because the descended heroes of Draenor will see what their predecessors were like in the flesh, without resorting to Caverns of Time stuff.

Its one thing to appeal to the casual audience , its a whole other kind of animal when you force veteran players to deal with the casual audience without choice. This is what drove away so many veteran WoW players to begin with. Its like Blizzard can't even possibly comprehend both casual and veteran players being satisfied at the same time so they target one audience and make it more difficult for the other and alternate doing so from expansion to expansion. Its baffling. And its not working , people are leaving .. in large numbers ... in the millions. This auto level 90 feature will not help the game period.

I understand what you are trying to say, but it does come across a tad bit elitist.

I understand what you are trying to say, but it does come across a tad bit elitist.

I know and I realize that it does but for ANY long term player this is a real concern. Imagine every time you wanted to play a game on your console , I mean really get into it (say Skyrim or Fallout) and all the sudden all your friends come over and they don't play video games that often. Then when you are trying to play they constantly bombard you with questions and constantly offer nothing but bad advice while you play. In real life you can just tell them that you aren't really in the mood to hang out and go about your day and enjoy yourself. Well in WoW those more casual friends of yours are forced on you regardless if you want an in-depth experience that day or not. Each time you keep trying to accomplish something you are constantly having to re-explain yourself and what you are trying to achieve and walk them through it at the same time.

Needless to say it gets fucking annoying , day after day and expansion after expansion. I do not mind that WoW has tons of casual players but I also want my own experiences as well and I think that if they (casual players) can get catered to (and have been for a while now) then I also as a paying consumer deserve the same level of service. Call it elitist or whatever you like but as a customer who enjoys the game (or did) I'm not being attended to with regards to how I wish to play. This is probably the least elitist way I could make it sound but that truly is the problem with WoW and how Blizzard treats its long term core audience. Its about enjoying a game so much that when bad choices are made that really effect how its played and your friends stop playing because of those reasons and therefore make the experience more fragmented and less about having a good time while trying to achieve something.

But if its going to mean that from now on Blizzard is going to give everyone a "win" button more and more then I just don't see a reason to go back and play again and I doubt my friends will either.

I know and I realize that it does but for ANY long term player this is a real concern.

I get it. I really do. I stopped raiding when Cataclysm hit, so I can imagine that I would fall into your category of "annoying" in LFR. However, there are many of us that can, and do follow directions and do our best.

I know and I realize that it does but for ANY long term player this is a real concern.

No it isn't, its a real concern for you. I've been playing since the friends and family beta of vanilla, and before that I played the warcraft RTS games....that's about as long term as it gets.

I don't see how the free boost to level 90 will be anything that would hurt the elitist group of players?
They are usually relying on their raids for gear, content, etc instead of interacting with other, more casual players.
If anything, I see this as an opportunity and incentive to get players, both old and new, to return to the game.

if blizz allowed you to set minimum gear levels for LFR would that alleviate the issue?

Sooooo what's the point of these new models if the old gear is going to cover all of the detail?

Don't know how long you've been gaming dude, but I still play games that I played in 1980's. Does that make me mentally ill?

if blizz allowed you to set minimum gear levels for LFR would that alleviate the issue?

Would be helpful but it would also fragment the LFR system. The whole point of it is to fill a pug and setting specific requirements would probably mean longer ques.

There is no exact thing that could alleviate the problem. It just shows that Blizzard still doesn't understand its audience as a whole and is still both throwing out bonuses for casual players and lures for vets or inactive players that just result in a hook in the end.

Other MMO's don't seem to struggle to make that distinction the way WoW does.

I don't see how the free boost to level 90 will be anything that would hurt the elitist group of players?
They are usually relying on their raids for gear, content, etc instead of interacting with other, more casual players.
If anything, I see this as an opportunity and incentive to get players, both old and new, to return to the game.

I've already stated twice how it hurts the higher tier players who go to all the trouble to actually do heroic 25 man raiding.

In a brand new expansion all the gear that higher tier players have obtained means jack and shit for new raiding. You then have to go out , re-equip your character with dungeon gear , re-gem it all , re-enchant more than likely and learn your new skills and all the changes made to the classes that comes with each expansion. Having to do all that requires running dungeons .. A LOT of dungeon crawling in fact. Sometimes your friends are not on and sometimes you only have pugs to play with. Gearing up this way without a solid always on group is quite frustrating when having to deal with people who don't often do such things or not at all. Its even worse when those people are not even paying attention , watching TV , going AFK without any notice or just acting like they are playing on a old PC with a single digit frame rate.

I don't understand why its so hard to grasp , if you don't level up your character at least via the fastest method (triple experience new accounts) then you will be likely overwhelmed by bell curve if you just jump into new dungeons and so on. It effects PVP as well , people who understand what they need to do in a battleground versus 3/4 of your team slamming into the enemy wave after wave without defending or taking offensive points. I can't even count the amount of times I've had to go around a PVP map by myself (maybe with one or two people at most) and actually take points and defend and basically win the game while everyone else has a weapon orgy in the middle of a map.

I don't think it can be stated any more clearly than that. Taking the leveling factor out of an MMO like WoW could lead to an even more frustrating experience for regulars. If you don't plan to do dungeons via LFG or do raids via LFR or PVP (minus arena's) then it likely won't effect anyone else but a lot of players do all of those things now that they are so instantly accessible. Everquest 2 did something similar to this in one of its expansions except it still left enough levels that you could learn your class when you hit max level. 10 levels is not enough to learn the differences between 10-90.

Last edited:
GREAT. my wife just made me dismantle her PC and sell the parts because she never uses it. I got rid of ALL of it at dirt cheap prices to friends... This expansion came out and shes DEMANDING me build her a new one lol (excuse to upgrade my GPU so she can have mine ;0)

Sooooo what's the point of these new models if the old gear is going to cover all of the detail?

It'll still be good for the character selection screen, which you see at every login (unless you hit enter without looking or something). The model updates coincide animation updates too, which makes them move better.

It's personally not a huge deal for me, but it has been for others for a very long time now. I think it went as far back as when the new TBC races were introduced, but even they're going to receive an update now.

Interesting, I tried MOP, but i couldnt get into the whole Kung fu panda thing.

Might give this one a shot.

It'll still be good for the character selection screen, which you see at every login (unless you hit enter without looking or something). The model updates coincide animation updates too, which makes them move better.

I can't imagine Blizzards entire revamp was just for the char select screen. Gear also shows on the characters during selection as well. The extra "bones" are going to lead to ridiculous clipping issues with old model gear, and the old textures are going to make the time and effort spent into redoing these character models a complete waste.

Interesting.
Atleast this one isn't centered around fluffy, fighting animals.

For fuck's sake with this retarded mentality. The Pandaren have been around forever. Get the fuck used to it.

Don't know how long you've been gaming dude, but I still play games that I played in 1980's. Does that make me mentally ill?

Well, you're done for. Might as well just end it now. I mean, 1980's games? Let me get you the number of a proper psychiatrist.

Looking great and very promising. I really like what they're planning for this expansion, although I'm hoping the Garrison part is not mandatory for all players, even though it looks like fun.

The free Level 90 is very nice. Currently playing for the Horde, but I think I'll use it to level up an Alliance character, especially because I would love to get a good look at the Alliance starting area/zone.

While I understand why many companies today tries to make their MMO less of a grind in terms of leveling, instant level 90 seems kind of extreme. Not that I'm against people using it though. I just feel like it's taking away an important part of the MMO RPG experience

While I understand why many companies today tries to make their MMO less of a grind in terms of leveling, instant level 90 seems kind of extreme. Not that I'm against people using it though. I just feel like it's taking away an important part of the MMO RPG experience

Normally I would agree, but I can see it as good thing. The content someone would be missing if they never did it is old content, and in most cases irrelevant now.

If someone buys WoD I can see them wanting to experience that content right away. Having to experience things with Arthas, Illidan, and Deathwing is this point pointless because everyone will be wanting to do the new stuff.

If someone wanted to experience that content they would've already purchased those expansions and would've been subbed for it. Also this something I'll use, cuz I have no desire to level up my 25 monk to 90. With this feature it gives me the option to bump it up to 90 If I choose to do so.

I can't believe people can still stomach WoW.....

Tough to really comment on this. It's understandable, as some people just move on, they're tired of the same old song/dance, but there's a ton of great content and changes coming, and people are just really willing to give these changes a go, because the game just holds a special place for them.

I can't believe people can still stomach WoW.....

Once you've played it for as long as some players have (including me) you always check out the differences during an expansion and gauge your interest.

Part of the reason WoW appeals to so many different ranges of people is its general open ended experience and user determined experiences. It attracts the "core" gamer and the soccer mom who probably hasn't ever played a video game before. I've been to senior homes where I've seen elderly people and by that I mean a row of them , playing WoW. You can realize the mass appeal once you see a group of people well known for not being interested in new found avenues of technology actually using it and enjoying that you are on to something.

Also and probably the biggest reason .. social interaction. MMO's are glorified chat rooms , no question about that. It allows for a closed atmosphere where you can get outside of your own personal limitations to live vicariously through your digital avatars own adventures while socially extending yourself without fear of rejection or physical harm. This is a really good tool especially for anyone disabled in life to reinforce their own self worth by being able to participate at the same level as their own peers.

WoW 2 :eek: Due out by end of the decade.

Picture of Stormwind using early next gen game engine
bconWoWMovie004_zpsb878d57c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back