WoW; 4th expansion Mists of Pandaria

Anyone else in that burned out phase, between expansions ? With WoD not due out for another 6 months, I can't handle only having SoO Raid to run for the next 25 weeks.

I think I quit WoW, until WoD release.

I have been playing since launch the past 9+ years, and the last 5 years, I'd say my subscription times is hot and cold. Some times I an red hot in love with WoW when a new expansion comes out, and I can play 5 or 6 nights a week non stop for months.

Other times I just get totally burned out and sick of the game at end of expansion time, with nothing new st all for 10+ months, like right now. The last content patch was 5.4 in September 2103, and WoD release is rumored no sooner than September 2014.

I have a great Guild, but they want me to the main Tank on the alt Raid nights, which is twice a week, on Saturdays and Sundays, starting at 7:00pm, going to 11:00pm. And they put a lot of demand and pressure on me, to run FLR and Flex SoO weekly, to get more gear, and help other Guild mates gear up too.

To be honest, I am just sick of SoO now, been running it for what, 6 months straight now ? Week after week, the same Raid, but have to run LFR, then Flex, and then Normal, every week.

Last weekend, I didn't have my credit card on auto refill, and when the game wouldn't play because I had to submit my CC again, I said, let me stop for a day or two see how this goes. Well now, a week later, I have to say, i feel like I have more of a life again, and free time to do better things. :)

Can't believe how much time is wasted on WoW, especially weekends, just a total time sink.

To be honest, you're better off, at least until the expansion hits anyway, then decide if you really want to go back. Your guild demanding you to do shit when you're really not benefiting from anything (to do what, get gear for people, when it won't matter anyway?) is coming off as extremely annoying, and definitely unnecessary as far as behavior goes...

To be honest, you're better off, at least until the expansion hits anyway, then decide if you really want to go back. Your guild demanding you to do shit when you're really not benefiting from anything (to do what, get gear for people, when it won't matter anyway?) is coming off as extremely annoying, and definitely unnecessary as far as behavior goes...

I really do like the Guild I am, they have some great players, and are very active, with 30+ players on a boring Monday night. Majority of players are i570+ geared, with a few at i580+.

But the Raid schedule of Sat / Sun and start time at 7:00pm - 11:00pm totally blows for me. That means I can't do anything with my family or friends on a weekend night, only Raid :rolleyes: They said you can take a night off every once in awhile, like one day a month, that's it.

And then SoO Raid itself. I am already bored of it, but to keep running it, non stop week after week, until WoD release, is too much for me, I can't take it anymore.

And I feel with WoW right now,"Been there, done that" attitude, nothing new or exciting right now for me.

I really do like the Guild I am, they have some great players, and are very active, with 30+ players on a boring Monday night. Majority of players are i570+ geared, with a few at i580+.

But the Raid schedule of Sat / Sun and start time at 7:00pm - 11:00pm totally blows for me. That means I can't do anything with my family or friends on a weekend night, only Raid :rolleyes: They said you can take a night off every once in awhile, like one day a month, that's it.

And then SoO Raid itself. I am already bored of it, but to keep running it, non stop week after week, until WoD release, is too much for me, I can't take it anymore.

And I feel with WoW right now,"Been there, done that" attitude, nothing new or exciting right now for me.

I pretty much had a cholesterol spike at "you can take a night off every once in a while". Screw that man.

The comments in that article make me shake my head. They're like...well in this lull I have other things to do like Loremaster and leveling alts.

How about playing other video games? That's the problem with WoW and what has always made me quit, it forces you (me at least) to ignore like every other video game on the planet and you end up just feeling like a mule logging in every day.

The comments in that article make me shake my head. They're like...well in this lull I have other things to do like Loremaster and leveling alts.

How about playing other video games? That's the problem with WoW and what has always made me quit, it forces you (me at least) to ignore like every other video game on the planet and you end up just feeling like a mule logging in every day.

That's what D3 is for! Oh... wait...

I think I quit WoW, until WoD release.

I have been playing since launch the past 9+ years, and the last 5 years, I'd say my subscription times is hot and cold. Some times I an red hot in love with WoW when a new expansion comes out, and I can play 5 or 6 nights a week non stop for months.

Other times I just get totally burned out and sick of the game at end of expansion time, with nothing new st all for 10+ months, like right now. The last content patch was 5.4 in September 2103, and WoD release is rumored no sooner than September 2014.

I have a great Guild, but they want me to the main Tank on the alt Raid nights, which is twice a week, on Saturdays and Sundays, starting at 7:00pm, going to 11:00pm. And they put a lot of demand and pressure on me, to run FLR and Flex SoO weekly, to get more gear, and help other Guild mates gear up too.

To be honest, I am just sick of SoO now, been running it for what, 6 months straight now ? Week after week, the same Raid, but have to run LFR, then Flex, and then Normal, every week.

Last weekend, I didn't have my credit card on auto refill, and when the game wouldn't play because I had to submit my CC again, I said, let me stop for a day or two see how this goes. Well now, a week later, I have to say, i feel like I have more of a life again, and free time to do better things. :)

Can't believe how much time is wasted on WoW, especially weekends, just a total time sink.

that is a bit much, I would tell them, you only want to raid and these nights. This is also one of the reasons why i pvp more now. I like being able to get 20 minutes and blam! Not to be on a set schedule.

I think the writing is on the wall frankly for WoW now. I've denied that for many years but the way they are leaving vast spaces in between expansions is just killing the game entirely , even for those dedicated to it.

I just can't stick around for 9 months waiting for content like this anymore. Its pure boredom. I've farmed tons of gold , raided a ton , did as much PVP as I can handle and I'm bored..

I think the writing is on the wall frankly for WoW now. I've denied that for many years but the way they are leaving vast spaces in between expansions is just killing the game entirely , even for those dedicated to it.

I just can't stick around for 9 months waiting for content like this anymore. Its pure boredom. I've farmed tons of gold , raided a ton , did as much PVP as I can handle and I'm bored..

I totally agree. I was waiting for any type of info on WoD release, and when the they announced the date of 'Fall' release, no later than Dec 21st, but most likely Sept / Oct, I said F. this I am out.

For some reason I originally expected WoD to be released late Spring / early Summer. But now it's really a good 6+ months away still, WITH ZERO NEW CONTENT, NOTHING NEW at all for almost 1 full year :rolleyes:

I love my Guild, but I am burned out on SoO Raid, running week after week after week, and expected to do so on a specific schedule. And no new 5 man dungeons, really nothing at all since patch 5.4 last September six months ago, and now another whole six months ahead of us of nothing.

I have heard Blizzard say numerous times, that they want expansion releases to go faster, and get on a12 to 18 month release time, and not take a full 2 years anymore. Well that has never happened.

And the worst part is, how Blizzard just leaves zero new content release the final year of a patch. This is unbelievable, that they can let WoW have nothing new at all for 10+ months between expansions. Why not release another Raid patch and a few higher Tier 5man dungeons like right now, 6 months before an expansion.

And the worst part is, how Blizzard just leaves zero new content release the final year of a patch. This is unbelievable, that they can let WoW have nothing new at all for 10+ months between expansions. Why not release another Raid patch and a few higher Tier 5man dungeons like right now, 6 months before an expansion.

They seem to be transitioning away from 5man dungeons completely. This x-pac didn't have a Forge of Souls / Pit of Saron / Halls of Reflection type addition with the x.3 or x.4 patches. It was only raid content and the Isle of Thunder / Timeless Isle. At least last x-pac we got the ZA/ZG remakes.

Exactly this...it's as if people seem to forget there are other excellent games to play, then end up becoming miserable shits.

Play something else dude...do you feel you NEED to play it? If you're bored, play something else.

I totally agree. I was waiting for any type of info on WoD release, and when the they announced the date of 'Fall' release, no later than Dec 21st, but most likely Sept / Oct, I said F. this I am out.

For some reason I originally expected WoD to be released late Spring / early Summer. But now it's really a good 6+ months away still, WITH ZERO NEW CONTENT, NOTHING NEW at all for almost 1 full year :rolleyes:

I love my Guild, but I am burned out on SoO Raid, running week after week after week, and expected to do so on a specific schedule. And no new 5 man dungeons, really nothing at all since patch 5.4 last September six months ago, and now another whole six months ahead of us of nothing.

I have heard Blizzard say numerous times, that they want expansion releases to go faster, and get on a12 to 18 month release time, and not take a full 2 years anymore. Well that has never happened.

I don't get it either. They still have one of the most healthy subscriber bases around and make tons of money off them. They've even manage to up the subscriber count by a few hundred thousand in the last 4 months.

You would think they would just throw resources and money at a mine that keeps producing gold but in reality its like they are only hiring a skeleton crew once in a while to actually do the digging and then its like they vacate the mine for huge portions of time for no reason at all.

I guess after Ghostcrawler left it should have been a pretty big sign consider how big a part he played in WoW and its expansions. Maybe he didn't like what he say , execs making promises they don't intend to keep , development going slower than expected? Who knows.

But I hate to see such an incredible experience be basically ..ignored.

Play something else dude...do you feel you NEED to play it? If you're bored, play something else.

How does that have anything to do with slow development cycles and the continued poor choices Blizzard is making with WoW?

I've already quit a number of times but this time around I just can't see my interest changing much in 6-9 months. But maybe I am kidding myself.

Still , lots of bad choices being made at Blizzard HQ concerning WoW expansions.

I don't get it either. They still have one of the most healthy subscriber bases around and make tons of money off them. They've even manage to up the subscriber count by a few hundred thousand in the last 4 months.

You would think they would just throw resources and money at a mine that keeps producing gold but in reality its like they are only hiring a skeleton crew once in a while to actually do the digging and then its like they vacate the mine for huge portions of time for no reason at all.

I guess after Ghostcrawler left it should have been a pretty big sign consider how big a part he played in WoW and its expansions. Maybe he didn't like what he say , execs making promises they don't intend to keep , development going slower than expected? Who knows.

But I hate to see such an incredible experience be basically ..ignored.

For sure, they're basically telling each other that they don't want to make a lasting experience for the fans, while making shitloads of money.

WoW to me, always seemed like something really special. Being a car guy, I can't help but compare things that don't relate, to cars. It's the feeling you get when you first set foot into a new luxury car, the sights, the feeling of the materials, everything feels like it was well built, like some serious time went into making the experience what it is. It's what separates it from other games coming out, you always want to go back to it because you know it'll deliver in the quality department, and you really feel it when you're running around in the open world.

I've already quit a number of times but this time around I just can't see my interest changing much in 6-9 months. But maybe I am kidding myself.

You might be surprised. I thought I was done for good last year around this time. Winter showed up in November, I resubbed and have been having a blast. Having quit early on in MoP, when I came back in November, there was a ton of new content to experience.

Still , lots of bad choices being made at Blizzard HQ concerning WoW expansions.

I don't know what bad choices you're referring to -- aside from the length of this raid tier. Most of the "old timers" in my guild are quite excited about WoD and the way it's shaping up. If the info that's slowly trickling out is accurate, they've learned from their mistakes and WoD could be one of the better expansions. I, for one, am looking forward to revisiting Outlands as they were before they, well, became Outlands.

Of course, it could end up being a giant turd. Guess we'll know (hopefully) by the end of this year. :D

I don't know what bad choices you're referring to -- aside from the length of this raid tier. Most of the "old timers" in my guild are quite excited about WoD and the way it's shaping up. If the info that's slowly trickling out is accurate, they've learned from their mistakes and WoD could be one of the better expansions. I, for one, am looking forward to revisiting Outlands as they were before they, well, became Outlands.

I could write a thesis on what went wrong with Blizzard's decision making process concerning expansions. I've been playing this game since the second phase of its beta when Warlock's were introduced and I've watched the slow decline long enough to have some insightful viewpoints to express but its just not worth getting into since it won't help anything.

Blizzard in short , doesn't know what to do with WoW anymore. They are operating on status quo almost entirely with WoW. They are taking all the safest routes and just grinding out content at a slow pace. No risks being taken anymore , content feels often stale and fleeting.

Blizzard would rather hold onto its millions of remaining subscribers with the stick and carrot then actual make some helpful changes that would give greater incentives to keep playing and make long term players like myself much happier.

Partly its not their fault , making a game that is over a decade old strong enough to retain the interest of its subscribers is quite the hat trick. But there is some responsibility to be laid at Blizzard's feet concerning how it's treated long term players. The responses to the community that has begged for improvements to that regard is often promised and no delivered. Ghostcrawler was a big "go between" and even he regularly ignored the opinion of the long term player base by constantly dumbing down the game mechanics to such a simple degree that the depth in building a class and putting together the right pieces of gear is no longer a rewarding and potentially hard process but entirely trivial. You can show up to a pug raid in PVP gear and give absolutely no shits and get things done instead of actually earning gear through a rewarding process.

The only guilds left trying to do progressive raiding are so few compared to the first 5 years of the game that now joining a guild is mostly and merely just for guild "bonuses" and not because any sense of joined teamwork and leadership in completing goals that are not possible doing alone.

But the one thing the player base has asked for collectively for years and years is faster content delivery. And each time Blizzard makes a comment regarding this opinion they make promises that they NEVER keep over and over again regarding content delivery time frames. And here we are waiting 6-9 months for a new expansion when we were told that expansions would be releasing at an increasing rate.

Bottom line : No new content for over half a year at a time KILLS the game for people like me.

so i got the email about 50% off on the panda xpack, i bought it but it didn't come with 30 days free? site is down and i can't check.

i can reinstalling wow, i can't check ingame.

i subbed upped. i can't believe they added pokemon battles into the game, i can't get enough for it!! lol :D

people that make Pokemon need to look at WOW.

When I started to think about letting my sub lapse, we kill Heroic Siegecrafter Blackfuse, and I got a beta invite.
Damn you Blizz!

do i have to sign up for beta or pre order? :confused:

You have to have to opt-in to the beta stuff on your battle.net account page. Blizz randomly picks people. They don't give early access for preorder or any of that garbage. Think I heard they had some PAX codes though.

Either way, its buggy and incomplete. Can only get to 92.

Read mmo champion and wow insider, they are constantly updated with beta info.

Back