WoW; 4th expansion Mists of Pandaria

I could probably pay someone $50 to power level me legally and you'd end up with a lot more gold. I do hope they do a paid tri-spec feature. That's something I'd pay $60 for (I would prefer it be around $20-30) though.

I'd buy it. I already have 5 90s. I don't want to do 1-90 content all over again unless Blizzard revamps the leveling process.

As people said, time is money. ;)

Also remember this is completely optional. You already get a free 90 boost if you pre-order WoD

I posted this over at Anandtech, I'm gonna just copy/paste it here because it's relevant...

I think $60 is about right -- my reason being that not everyone would use it. However, those of us that want to start over on a new server would probably jump all over it, assuming we can afford it.

For example, even after the server merges, my main/old server is basically dead. On that server, I have 7 90s, 3 87s. There was an 8th 90 but I paid for a transfer and faction change before you could mail heirlooms. So ... I have 87+ of every class. I like having toons still here because I have some friends that play periodically, but mostly I now play on Blackrock. I plan on finishing the 87s just because why not.

On my "new" server / Blackrock, I have an extra level 90 paladin (from a scroll boost to 80 when that was offered), the 90 rogue I transferred, and a 49 warlock. I'll probably use the free boost on the warlock at 60 if the profession bonus happens. If the profession boost doesn't make the cut, I'll be boosting a priest from level 1.

Frankly, at this point, leveling blows. It's a chore. I don't have to read quests or look at maps. Anyone that says you can level a toon in a week must not have a job, because the /played is roughly 3 days from 1-90 with full heirlooms and a level 25 guild, maybe 2.5 if you're good (obviously less with RAF or doing 85-90 by tagging mobs and having friends/guildmates kill them on the timeless isle, but I'm not counting that because it's not practical for most people) and play a tanking class for instant dungeon queues.

$60 to skip 65-70 hours of content that I've done 12-13 times already? If I really feel the need for a new toon, I'll pony that up in a heartbeat.

I posted this over at Anandtech, I'm gonna just copy/paste it here because it's relevant...

I think $60 is about right -- my reason being that not everyone would use it. However, those of us that want to start over on a new server would probably jump all over it, assuming we can afford it.

For example, even after the server merges, my main/old server is basically dead. On that server, I have 7 90s, 3 87s. There was an 8th 90 but I paid for a transfer and faction change before you could mail heirlooms. So ... I have 87+ of every class. I like having toons still here because I have some friends that play periodically, but mostly I now play on Blackrock. I plan on finishing the 87s just because why not.

On my "new" server / Blackrock, I have an extra level 90 paladin (from a scroll boost to 80 when that was offered), the 90 rogue I transferred, and a 49 warlock. I'll probably use the free boost on the warlock at 60 if the profession bonus happens. If the profession boost doesn't make the cut, I'll be boosting a priest from level 1.

Frankly, at this point, leveling blows. It's a chore. I don't have to read quests or look at maps. Anyone that says you can level a toon in a week must not have a job, because the /played is roughly 3 days from 1-90 with full heirlooms and a level 25 guild, maybe 2.5 if you're good (obviously less with RAF or doing 85-90 by tagging mobs and having friends/guildmates kill them on the timeless isle, but I'm not counting that because it's not practical for most people) and play a tanking class for instant dungeon queues.

$60 to skip 65-70 hours of content that I've done 12-13 times already? If I really feel the need for a new toon, I'll pony that up in a heartbeat.

Good points. And I totally agree with the BS when people say they can levels a new alt, from 1 - 90 in a week or so. No F'ing way. It would take me months to get a brand new Level 1 to 90. And I play WoW like 5 nights a week for a couple hours each night before bedtime. But mainly I would have ZERO interest in starting a new character from scratch again, and drudge through all that lowbie leveling, BORING. The early 1 - 60 zones are very outdated graphics wise, and just so tedious and time consuming, doing fetch quests, and BS., no thanks, I will pass.

I only have two 90's, my Paladin Tank, that I leveled up since the beginning vanilla WoW, leveling each new expansion to end game. And my DK Tank, I created during Wrath, and also keep him up to date each expansion. But I recall places like Wrath took a while to get those 10 levels, and even Cat, took a while too, for just 5 levels.

Good points. And I totally agree with the BS when people say they can levels a new alt, from 1 - 90 in a week or so. No F'ing way. It would take me months to get a brand new Level 1 to 90. And I play WoW like 5 nights a week for a couple hours each night before bedtime.

I only have two 90's, my Paladin Tank, that I leveled up since the beginning vanilla WoW, leveling each new expansion to end game. And my DK Tank, I created during Wrath, and also keep him up to date each expansion. But I recall places like Wrath took a while to get those 10 levels, and even Cat, took a while too, for just 5 levels.

Months man? Lol, you trolling in chat? ;)

It took my buddy's just a couple of days to get up to 90 doing dungeons only. They played 3-4 nights a week.

I'm not sure why I replied in this thread, I don't even play this anymore. Nostalgia...maybe with next expac...

I for one kind of love leveling. I love going through old zones, especially ones I haven't been through since the Cataclysm reforming. I went through Duskwood the other day and saw the huge whirlpool that developed and thought it was cool as crap. Since at 90 we spend so much time in MoP zones, its cool to level through the old ones. They've added a lot of neat things, even though dungeon leveling is faster, I get more of a sense of the old game when I do quests.

It took my buddy's just a couple of days to get up to 90 doing dungeons only. They played 3-4 nights a week.

I'm not sure why I replied in this thread, I don't even play this anymore. Nostalgia...maybe with next expac...

A couple of days to get from 1 - 90 ? :eek:

I can see 1 - 20 being super fast matter of a couple hours, then 20 - 40 a little longer, maybe 8 hours, then 40 - 60 a little longer than that, and Outland 60 - 70 taking a while, and Wrath 70 - 80 the longest, and Cat 80 - 85 at least half a day, and MoP 85 - 90 took me several weeks, playing casually.

A couple of days to get from 1 - 90 ? :eek:

I can see 1 - 20 being super fast matter of a couple hours, then 20 - 40 a little longer, maybe 8 hours, then 40 - 60 a little longer than that, and Outland 60 - 70 taking a while, and Wrath 70 - 80 the longest, and Cat 80 - 85 at least half a day, and MoP 85 - 90 took me several weeks, playing casually.

When you have full heirlooms, and a level 25 guild, I can attest it doesn't take a week.

The only way this is possible is if their definition of "nights" is 12+ hour sessions, OR if they had recruit-a-friend. You can chain dungeons and blow through 1-2 levels per dungeon probably up until level 48-50 or so, at which point it slows down a bit, mostly because the dungeons take longer due to heirlooms being not quite as OP as lower levels and there's a noticeable decrease in the number of quests per dungeon after ZF.

I know two people personally who have done 0-90 in under a week, and both admitted they played 10-12 hours a day for 5 days to do so, plus doing the Timeless Isle tagging trick to do 85-90 in just a couple hours. Neither one is exactly what I would call a casual, either.

As someone who knows the MoP quests well enough to not have to stop and read or backtrack or get lost finding quest mobs, I can attest that doing MoP WITHOUT the timeless isle takes an average of 9-10 hours IF you have rested XP the whole way (I play different alts so I always have rested). This is an average of my last 3 90s, which were a feral druid, elem shaman, and hunter. My current 87s (ww monk, frost dk, ret paladin) are on the same pace. If you're leveling straight through, you're not going to have rested, and that number is closer to 13-14 hours. Even if they STARTED at 85 with full rested, that's more than 2 hours / night for 4 nights just to go 85-90.

EDIT: I should mention that most of my alts are EITHER miners or herbalists, so the hour totals might be a little high, though shouldn't be more than 15-20 minutes or so off since I bypass most nodes once I hit 600 skill, and you still get xp from mining or herbing.

Last edited:
The only way this is possible is if their definition of "nights" is 12+ hour sessions, OR if they had recruit-a-friend. You can chain dungeons and blow through 1-2 levels per dungeon probably up until level 48-50 or so, at which point it slows down a bit, mostly because the dungeons take longer due to heirlooms being not quite as OP as lower levels and there's a noticeable decrease in the number of quests per dungeon after ZF.

I know two people personally who have done 0-90 in under a week, and both admitted they played 10-12 hours a day for 5 days to do so, plus doing the Timeless Isle tagging trick to do 85-90 in just a couple hours. Neither one is exactly what I would call a casual, either.

As someone who knows the MoP quests well enough to not have to stop and read or backtrack or get lost finding quest mobs, I can attest that doing MoP in full heirlooms WITHOUT the timeless isle takes an average of 9-10 hours IF you have rested XP the whole way (I play different alts so I always have rested). If you're leveling straight through, you're not going to have rested, and that number is closer to 13-14 hours. Even if they STARTED at 85 with full rested, that's more than 2 hours / night for 4 nights just to go 85-90.

Should have said days, not nights. Not all in one go of course, more over the course of played time I'd say. All I know is they were in heirlooms, and they were chaining dungeons, and before the start of the next week, they were in dungeon blues at 90. I'd never have time to do anything like that.

Honestly, in terms of the $60 price point to skip leveling, they could easily make it $30, and then push the prices down of useless ass pets and mounts, down to $5. Will they? Fuck no, but should they? Well, that's an entirely different story.

Most of the people that I know that level very fast, are all either contract programmers/developers, or work-from-home programmers/developers, so it's really no surprise to me. I suppose it's not the norm to level so quickly, unless with recruit a friend.

Most of the people that I know that level very fast, are all either contract programmers/developers, or work-from-home programmers/developers, so it's really no surprise to me. I suppose it's not the norm to level so quickly, unless with recruit a friend.

Ahhh "work" from home jobs. I wish I had one. :(

Sad part is, they make more money than I do, when I'm already at a fantastic company doing the same thing. I'll be joining them soon enough...it's the only way to fly. :eek:

If you download something like Zygor's Leveling Guide, you can really punch out levels in a rapid manner without much of an issue. Using the guides can be a bit quirky, however they really control gaining XP in an efficient manner.

Is anyone else having issues seeing their characters stats on the armory app? I
played my character last night and today it is saying my character isn't
available due to long periods of inactivity. I can see and start auctions,
and get into guild chat, which makes me think the patch on Tuesday dicked
something up. Anyone else having these issues?

Is anyone else having issues seeing their characters stats on the armory app? I
played my character last night and today it is saying my character isn't
available due to long periods of inactivity. I can see and start auctions,
and get into guild chat, which makes me think the patch on Tuesday dicked
something up. Anyone else having these issues?

My armory app has been asking for my authenticator code, which is weird because it never used to until I went to auction something.

I haven't been able to get my armory pages to load either in the app or (last night) on the armory website, desktop or mobile.

Sad part is, they make more money than I do, when I'm already at a fantastic company doing the same thing. I'll be joining them soon enough...it's the only way to fly. :eek:

Working from home is possibly the only thing to keep me sane at my job. I only do it 3 x a week because 5 x is too much. I get lazy if I work from home 5x a week, then I miss the gym, then I get fat, then I lose my gf, etc etc.

Should have said days, not nights. Not all in one go of course, more over the course of played time I'd say. All I know is they were in heirlooms, and they were chaining dungeons, and before the start of the next week, they were in dungeon blues at 90. I'd never have time to do anything like that.

Honestly, in terms of the $60 price point to skip leveling, they could easily make it $30, and then push the prices down of useless ass pets and mounts, down to $5. Will they? Fuck no, but should they? Well, that's an entirely different story.

Honestly I prefer it at 60 so people don't feel "obligated" to buy 90's. Just use your free one with WoD and if you REALLY want another 90 you can. But you'll have to think long and hard about it. Seems fair to me.

And just to nitpick, it's really difficult to chain dungeons if you aren't a healer or tank at all levels.

I've put someone on my friends list that was level 17 with my toon at the time.. I checked in on her the next day, she was 75, that same day later on, she was 90.. I don't know how the fuck she did it, but she did level that damn character in a freakin hurry.. She didn't talk much though, so I couldn't get much out of her.. When I met her in a quarry, she just kept giving me blue crap for some reason without speaking much.. Might have been chinese

The fastest that most people say you can probably level is 48 hours PLAYED and that's with full heirlooms, lvl 25 guild and the 300% exp potion and being able to dungeon queue instantly. So if we do say, 4 hours a night, that's still 12 nights which is just a little under two weeks. Realistically between my friends, most play about 2-3 hours a night.

If you're like say...my lvl 50 mage....you don't get instant queues without a tank or healer buddy :(

My older brother just quit WoW again. He said it's become boring and same old thing over and over, he's just bored, and not into it. He was a very casual player, not even one Level 90 guy, he was working on two characters, one Alliance Death Knight at 88, and one Horde Warlock at 89. He said the quests were the same crap, go fetch 10 monkey dicks, and return, then go out again collect 15 gorilla testicles, rinse and repeat times a thousand. He said the grind just became unbearable, and more of a chore or job, and not a fun game.

I am about to quit too, will come back for WoD though. I have two Level 90 Raid Tanks, one Paladin Tank i548, and one Death Knight Tank i536. I do have fun Tanking SoO Raid with my Guild, but they only run SoO all the time, week after week. Flex, Normal, and we try Heroic, but I am too low geared for that, and get my ass kicked. But SoO Raid all the time, non stop is burning me out.

And being a main Tank in a lot of the hard Raids, is very stressful, the Guild puts a ton of pressure on me not to wipe, and keep everything going smooth. In Normal, and worse in heroic is super hard to Tank, lots of boss mechanics to know, and taunt at the exact specific time, do this and that in the correct order, otherwise will wipe the fight. It's not fun, it's more stress to try and Tank heroic SoO, even Normal can be rough.

I think I am done, who cares about high iLevel gear at this point, with WoD due soon, a Level 92 frog in the forest will drop green gear that's better than SoO heroics :rolleyes:

And being a main Tank in a lot of the hard Raids, is very stressful, the Guild puts a ton of pressure on me not to wipe, and keep everything going smooth. In Normal, and worse in heroic is super hard to Tank, lots of boss mechanics to know, and taunt at the exact specific time, do this and that in the correct order, otherwise will wipe the fight. It's not fun, it's more stress to try and Tank heroic SoO, even Normal can be rough.

If you cant handle this kind of stuff then yes you are playing the wrong game. Its been like that since BWL :)

Tanking really isn't the most stressful, probably healing is the most stressful. It's the only job in the raid that actually depends on the IQ of others in the raid. Once you know when to pop cooldowns, positioning, and mechanics as tank it's probably one of the most boring depending on the fight. Just taunt at X stacks, hit buttons, rinse repeat. I used to be a main tank of a guild pushing Heroic ICC and even then it was mostly boring. I probably fell asleep more than a few times pushing content. I switched to my rogue back in Cata and couldn't be happier - but I keep a Guardian tank/Boomkin as an alt that helps me satisfy my quench for the occasional tanking. But games are meant to be fun, not stressful. Try changing to another class/roll and you might enjoy playing again.

If you cant handle this kind of stuff then yes you are playing the wrong game. Its been like that since BWL :)

I just don't find a game fun, when I need to homework reading detailed websites, and watch YouTube videos on how to play the game perfectly. And then practice like Rocky Balboa over and over in LFR and Flex first to get it right. And Tanking can be boring on the bosses I do know well, just hit taunt at the right time, do this and that, and fall asleep behind the keyboard.

To me that becomes a part time job, and too much time invested into something I would much rather spend time with my kids, or doing better at my real job.

I only play WoW after the kids go to bed, and before my bedtime, I will spend a couple hours playing, late at night, but I like to Tank n Spank and smash things and have fun. Sure learning new boss mechanics can be cool, but not something I want to invest too much time in.

My older brother just quit WoW again. He said it's become boring and same old thing over and over, he's just bored, and not into it. He was a very casual player, not even one Level 90 guy, he was working on two characters, one Alliance Death Knight at 88, and one Horde Warlock at 89. He said the quests were the same crap, go fetch 10 monkey dicks, and return, then go out again collect 15 gorilla testicles, rinse and repeat times a thousand. He said the grind just became unbearable, and more of a chore or job, and not a fun game.

I am about to quit too, will come back for WoD though. I have two Level 90 Raid Tanks, one Paladin Tank i548, and one Death Knight Tank i536. I do have fun Tanking SoO Raid with my Guild, but they only run SoO all the time, week after week. Flex, Normal, and we try Heroic, but I am too low geared for that, and get my ass kicked. But SoO Raid all the time, non stop is burning me out.

I think I am done, who cares about high iLevel gear at this point, with WoD due soon, a Level 92 frog in the forest will drop green gear that's better than SoO heroics :rolleyes:

You pretty much summed it up. The whole fetch this, kill 10 of that. It becomes too standard in practice of what your doing.. Aka, boring as hell after a while.. When is the next expansion coming out? I would like to check it out, but may hold out till they decide to lower the damn monthly fee. I migrated to guild wars 2 and am enjoying tinkering around with it.. Atm i'm basically wondering around with my thumb firmly shoved into myass, but i'm enjoying the process (well not the thumb). And the no monthly fee to do the same shit day after day after day so you can build faction to buy a purple puking dog to show off to the other dudes that already have one sense day one some how..

And your right about the gear.. No point raiding etc with another expansion coming out.. A green any mob will drop better gear than what your wearing from the previous expansion.. Which is fucking sad as hell imo

And your right about the gear.. No point raiding etc with another expansion coming out.. A green any mob will drop better gear than what your wearing from the previous expansion.. Which is fucking sad as hell imo

I do find it odd, how Blizzard allows new green expansion gear to top previous Tier purple Epics :rolleyes:

So you can bust your balls working hard to get heroic SoO i572 gear, that is super hard to obtain, and best in slot gear. Then WoD expansion comes out, your walking along a path, see some frog sipping water near a lake, you kill it in 1 second, and drops Level 93 i653 green gear with equal or better stats than that SoO i572 Epic.

Why do they allow that ? Can't they change that ?

I do find it odd, how Blizzard allows new green expansion gear to top previous Tier purple Epics :rolleyes:

So you can bust your balls working hard to get heroic SoO i572 gear, that is super hard to obtain, and best in slot gear. Then WoD expansion comes out, your walking along a path, see some frog sipping water near a lake, you kill it in 1 second, and drops Level 93 i653 green gear with equal or better stats than that SoO i572 Epic.

Gear iLVL scaling pretty much resets every expansion. Everyone gets a fresh run on the new content instead of people with the best gear having an easier time of getting the best gear again.

Last edited:
I never understood the compliant about new gear making the old obsolete. That is how this kind of game works. You kill things, get stronger, get new gear. You kill things, get stronger, get new gear etc etc etc. You progress through the content. New content comes out you do the same thing. I wouldn't want to play the game if the new expansion didn't have new more powerful items, abilities and content.

The expansion is still months away. How does new gear months from now lessen your enjoyment of raiding and getting better gear you can use now...and if you don't enjoy raiding why are you raiding?

hahaha

are you being a troll or are you serious.... or are you new to MMO's cause if you are then I could understand but if your not.....

hahaha

I never understood the compliant about new gear making the old obsolete. That is how this kind of game works. You kill things, get stronger, get new gear. You kill things, get stronger, get new gear etc etc etc. You progress through the content. New content comes out you do the same thing. I wouldn't want to play the game if the new expansion didn't have new more powerful items, abilities and content.

The expansion is still months away. How does new gear months from now lessen your enjoyment of raiding and getting better gear you can use now...and if you don't enjoy raiding why are you raiding?

I understand that. Of course WoD Level 100 gear should be better than MoP Level 90 gear, no question that's how MMO's progress, and is a good thing.

My point is, how fast that old Level 90 gear is replaced. Typically by Level 94/95 Blue deungeon gear will be far better than SoO heroics, and Level 99 greens will trump it too.

But I thought back in Vanilla and BC, that the highest end Level 60 Epics, could be kept into the next expansion, and those top 60 Epics were still pretty good for the early Level 70 dungeons, and not totally outdated right away, until further in with Raiding, and newer dungeons released later, etc...

Last edited:
No they weren't, unless you were in a world first guild in full T3 from original Naxx.

He said the quests were the same crap, go fetch 10 monkey dicks, and return, then go out again collect 15 gorilla testicles

Favorite quote of the year. Zorachus, I like your humor.

But really, I would be MORE entertained if we were fetching dicks, balls, and rectums rather than 10 "mystical Starcraft orbs from Bangladesh"

I understand that. Of course WoD Level 100 gear should be better than MoP Level 90 gear, no question that's how MMO's progress, and is a good thing.

My point is, how fast that old Level 90 gear is replaced. Typically by Level 94/95 Blue deungeon gear will be far better than SoO heroics, and Level 99 greens will trump it too.

But I thought back in Vanilla and BC, that the highest end Level 60 Epics, could be kept into the next expansion, and those top 60 Epics were still pretty good for the early Level 70 dungeons, and not totally outdated right away, until further in with Raiding, and newer dungeons released later, etc...

Why does it matter? Most users will be grinding out the levels in a couple weeks time anyhow, you are just prolonging the inevitable at that point. I think it makes complete sense to have the newer greens replace right off the bat.

I think I quit WoW, until WoD release.

I have been playing since launch the past 9+ years, and the last 5 years, I'd say my subscription times is hot and cold. Some times I an red hot in love with WoW when a new expansion comes out, and I can play 5 or 6 nights a week non stop for months.

Other times I just get totally burned out and sick of the game at end of expansion time, with nothing new st all for 10+ months, like right now. The last content patch was 5.4 in September 2103, and WoD release is rumored no sooner than September 2014.

I have a great Guild, but they want me to the main Tank on the alt Raid nights, which is twice a week, on Saturdays and Sundays, starting at 7:00pm, going to 11:00pm. And they put a lot of demand and pressure on me, to run FLR and Flex SoO weekly, to get more gear, and help other Guild mates gear up too.

To be honest, I am just sick of SoO now, been running it for what, 6 months straight now ? Week after week, the same Raid, but have to run LFR, then Flex, and then Normal, every week.

Last weekend, I didn't have my credit card on auto refill, and when the game wouldn't play because I had to submit my CC again, I said, let me stop for a day or two see how this goes. Well now, a week later, I have to say, i feel like I have more of a life again, and free time to do better things. :)

Can't believe how much time is wasted on WoW, especially weekends, just a total time sink.

Back