WoW; 4th expansion Mists of Pandaria

Resubbed after not playing since last March.

My paladin is ilvl 470 and was working on the various MoP reputations at the time.

What do you all suggest I do now? Continue working on those? What is the quickest way to gear up now?

I literally don't know anything about the state of the game since March of last year.

Thanks.

Timeless isle is a good place to start for basically 496 purpz, with 2 guarantee burdens of eternity to upgrade Timeless isle pieces from 496 gear to 535 gear. You get 1 from chest up top by ordos, and another for doing the quest line there. You can also purchase them for 50k timeless coins, get lucky by finding them in the 7500 coin chests, or world drop from mobs and chests. Ive gotten about 7 total.

Also they will be starting the new pvp season around a month or less and gear will be 550. Which i believe the honor gear will be what the current conquest gear is 522. So i would get honor capped and jp capped too.

Had a WoW-first yesterday for me. Was doing a random BG, ended up being a disappointment at the start due to the horde team's gear ... or lack thereof. But, at least it was Twin Peaks (my favorite). The whole team immediately went to the middle and started fighting there, but me being a rogue with burst of speed ... well ... I'm an OP flag carrier :D

Grabbed the flag, started running back. Used fancy rogue tricks to get away from a warlock, warrior, and DK. My team's still in the middle, ignoring little old me ... alone, with 3 alliance chasing me. Alliance guy grabs the flag, starts running. I'm running circles around the horde base with the flag. Alliance FC gets demolished, I pop sprint and run across the water, up into our base for the cap. That's one.

Run back across using my usual route -- out the ramp with burst of speed, sprint across the top of the water, burst of speed to the cap. Do it twice, DK/warrior defense both times. Easy stuff.

Scoreboard pops up at the end of the game -- not a single horde death anywhere.

Now, I've seen 3-5 deaths on one side, but never zero. The shaman/monk healer kept everyone up and had massive amounts of healing done. Bravo!

Also, did some /trade arena, got enough CP for the grievous gloves and shoulders, plus ~600 or so, but lost ~73 rating due to the crappy mage I was with at first (grievous gear, but not a single gem or enchant on anything). Things got better with the DK then hunter that I ran with after. Anyway, I think I'm going to get the grievous ring, then boots, but considering I don't really care for arena I'll probably save the grievous trinkets for next season because I'll easily be honor capped by then, even after buying all the mounts.

Had a WoW-first yesterday for me. Was doing a random BG, ended up being a disappointment at the start due to the horde team's gear ... or lack thereof. But, at least it was Twin Peaks (my favorite). The whole team immediately went to the middle and started fighting there, but me being a rogue with burst of speed ... well ... I'm an OP flag carrier :D

Grabbed the flag, started running back. Used fancy rogue tricks to get away from a warlock, warrior, and DK. My team's still in the middle, ignoring little old me ... alone, with 3 alliance chasing me. Alliance guy grabs the flag, starts running. I'm running circles around the horde base with the flag. Alliance FC gets demolished, I pop sprint and run across the water, up into our base for the cap. That's one.

Run back across using my usual route -- out the ramp with burst of speed, sprint across the top of the water, burst of speed to the cap. Do it twice, DK/warrior defense both times. Easy stuff.

Scoreboard pops up at the end of the game -- not a single horde death anywhere.

Now, I've seen 3-5 deaths on one side, but never zero. The shaman/monk healer kept everyone up and had massive amounts of healing done. Bravo!

Also, did some /trade arena, got enough CP for the grievous gloves and shoulders, plus ~600 or so, but lost ~73 rating due to the crappy mage I was with at first (grievous gear, but not a single gem or enchant on anything). Things got better with the DK then hunter that I ran with after. Anyway, I think I'm going to get the grievous ring, then boots, but considering I don't really care for arena I'll probably save the grievous trinkets for next season because I'll easily be honor capped by then, even after buying all the mounts.

Not surprised Monk is up there. Monk healing when there's a lot of players is ridiculous since it's mostly smart heals.

So after struggling in 10mans for most of Cata and MoP, my group broke up after we had downed Normal Garrosh due to interest waning for various members. So I followed a Warlock member to another guild that was building and had a decent name. They have a main 25M running Hard Modes which is now 12/14H, with 2 10 mans, one two day and another that does late nights. I joined the 2 night 10 man since I couldn't commit to 3 days for the 25 man. They proceeded to down 4-5 heroics, with Iron Juggernaut down quickly after that. But then we had so much interest from other guilds/guilds disbanding and people apping that we had enough for a 25 man. So we switched it up to a two night 25 man team.

In two weeks of raiding we've downed 7 Heroics, with Immers/Protectors/Norushen at only 1-2 attempts, a few more on Sha of Pride (lol mechanics), one shot H Galakras, couple shot Iron Jugg, and one shot Heroic Shamans. One shot. Heroic Shamans. We did an attempt on Nazgrim before we ran out of time and got him sub 17% so he dies next raid.

Now from my experiences, in being both in 10 mans and 25 mans, 25 difficulty is laughable. There's just so much more margin for error, more cooldowns, don't have to worry about buffs/debuffs. Not only that, so much more loot and higher chance of it being Warforged. I don't know what Blizzard was smoking, but this has definitely opened my eyes. Trust me, 25 is the way to go if you can manage.

So after struggling in 10mans for most of Cata and MoP, my group broke up after we had downed Normal Garrosh due to interest waning for various members. So I followed a Warlock member to another guild that was building and had a decent name. They have a main 25M running Hard Modes which is now 12/14H, with 2 10 mans, one two day and another that does late nights. I joined the 2 night 10 man since I couldn't commit to 3 days for the 25 man. They proceeded to down 4-5 heroics, with Iron Juggernaut down quickly after that. But then we had so much interest from other guilds/guilds disbanding and people apping that we had enough for a 25 man. So we switched it up to a two night 25 man team.

In two weeks of raiding we've downed 7 Heroics, with Immers/Protectors/Norushen at only 1-2 attempts, a few more on Sha of Pride (lol mechanics), one shot H Galakras, couple shot Iron Jugg, and one shot Heroic Shamans. One shot. Heroic Shamans. We did an attempt on Nazgrim before we ran out of time and got him sub 17% so he dies next raid.

Now from my experiences, in being both in 10 mans and 25 mans, 25 difficulty is laughable. There's just so much more margin for error, more cooldowns, don't have to worry about buffs/debuffs. Not only that, so much more loot and higher chance of it being Warforged. I don't know what Blizzard was smoking, but this has definitely opened my eyes. Trust me, 25 is the way to go if you can manage.

Heh I've just taken over raid leading for our 10M and I've really wanted to make the jump to 25m. Just tough as most players want a "hardcore" raiding guild. We're fairly casual, 2 nights a week for only 2.5 hrs. People seem to look down on us for only doing 2 nights and only doing 2.5 hrs. :rolleyes:

Anyone here play a Warrior Tank ? When the pre-purcahse comes out for WoD with the free Level 90 character boost, I think I'll try a Warrior / Tank out.

I really like the Tank class the most, and my two mains are a Paladin Tank i540, and DK Tank i530. I prefer my paladin over the DK, more so for the solid rotation play style, not a fan of the DK situational spell casting, only cast spells when they pop up, or are ready all of a sudden, I don't like that at all, I miss my old Blood spec from Wrath, that was the best DK. But I much prefer the confidence of the Paladin Protection style, which is more of strict rotation sort of.

Anyways, which play style is a Warrior Tank more like ? Tankadin or DeathTank ?

WoW has two issues with long delays of nothing new. First off end of expansion final patch to launch of new expansion, seems to typically be 10 months to a year long. I just remember Cat patch 4.3 was in December 2011, and MoP launch in October 2012, and there was NOTHING new at all in between; tumble weeds blowing, and crickets chirping for close to a year. That was the first time in my 9yrs playing WoW, that I unsubscribed due to sheer boredom.

Now I see it happening all over again. MoP patch 5.4 in September 2013, and the dreaded NOTHING new going on now for the past 4 to 5 months, and there is nothing new at all coming until the pre-patch 6.0, that should be coming in July, so we still have at least 5 more months until that pre-patch.

So for me a casual Raider, all I have left to run, is SoO for the next 5 months ? Over and over again, the same end game Raid, most my Guild mates are i565 geared, and even their alts are i550+, and I am already getting burned out on the SoO grind, just the same sh!t every week. I can only handle maybe another month or two of this, and then I will quit again, once my main and alt's are all i560+ geared.

Blizzard knows when the final patch is coming, and they also know there will be a long drought of nothing new after that final end game patch, for a long time. So, why doesn't Blizz come out with 2 end game Raids or maybe a few more 5man dungeons, but that are more difficult, and drop LFR type gear. That will at least help tide us over waiting for the enxt expansion.

But just releasing 1 Raid only on the final patch is stupid, it gets old quick, and most get bored and quit for a while.

Heh I've just taken over raid leading for our 10M and I've really wanted to make the jump to 25m. Just tough as most players want a "hardcore" raiding guild. We're fairly casual, 2 nights a week for only 2.5 hrs. People seem to look down on us for only doing 2 nights and only doing 2.5 hrs. :rolleyes:

Yea, it's not to say 10 mans can't be successful - but you have to put so much thought into it and you REALLY need 10 GOOD players. Our group had a weak Disc priest that was holding us back, and after we addressed his issues we were pretty successful. But you almost need to recruit 15 people for a 10 man because if one person is missing, there's goes your night. Or backups of certain classes. And some classes/combinations are obviously better in 10 man that 25 so it's a lot of tighter juggling.

Anyone here play a Warrior Tank ? When the pre-purcahse comes out for WoD with the free Level 90 character boost, I think I'll try a Warrior / Tank out.

I really like the Tank class the most, and my two mains are a Paladin Tank i540, and DK Tank i530. I prefer my paladin over the DK, more so for the solid rotation play style, not a fan of the DK situational spell casting, only cast spells when they pop up, or are ready all of a sudden, I don't like that at all, I miss my old Blood spec from Wrath, that was the best DK. But I much prefer the confidence of the Paladin Protection style, which is more of strict rotation sort of.

Anyways, which play style is a Warrior Tank more like ? Tankadin or DeathTank ?

I have been experimenting with a Prot Warrior ilvl510 right now and have found it to be fun. All the utility abilities that Warriors have can be a bit daunting at times, but like anything with practice it will become easier. I would have to say that Prot Warrior are more similar to Paladins than Death Knights

My main tank is a Paladin ilvl 548 and I have enjoyed it since I rolled him in late Wrath. Prior to that my main was a Death Knight, Blood and Frost tank and you are right they were the best DK tanks. Cata brought active mitigation to DK tanks and Blizzard liked it so much that they gave it to the other tanks. It has done wonders for Paladins and Warriors, no more 102.4% crap and making us more than meat shields by making our dps viable. Unfortunately, they left Death Knights back in Cata and they kind of fell behind the other tanks although their mitigation and survivability seems to do well in 10 mans.

I am honestly thinking about switching to Prot Warrior as my main in WoD, but I will wait to see how they look in the beta before making that decision.

WoW has two issues with long delays of nothing new. First off end of expansion final patch to launch of new expansion, seems to typically be 10 months to a year long. I just remember Cat patch 4.3 was in December 2011, and MoP launch in October 2012, and there was NOTHING new at all in between; tumble weeds blowing, and crickets chirping for close to a year. That was the first time in my 9yrs playing WoW, that I unsubscribed due to sheer boredom.

Now I see it happening all over again. MoP patch 5.4 in September 2013, and the dreaded NOTHING new going on now for the past 4 to 5 months, and there is nothing new at all coming until the pre-patch 6.0, that should be coming in July, so we still have at least 5 more months until that pre-patch.

So for me a casual Raider, all I have left to run, is SoO for the next 5 months ? Over and over again, the same end game Raid, most my Guild mates are i565 geared, and even their alts are i550+, and I am already getting burned out on the SoO grind, just the same sh!t every week. I can only handle maybe another month or two of this, and then I will quit again, once my main and alt's are all i560+ geared.

Blizzard knows when the final patch is coming, and they also know there will be a long drought of nothing new after that final end game patch, for a long time. So, why doesn't Blizz come out with 2 end game Raids or maybe a few more 5man dungeons, but that are more difficult, and drop LFR type gear. That will at least help tide us over waiting for the enxt expansion.

But just releasing 1 Raid only on the final patch is stupid, it gets old quick, and most get bored and quit for a while.

I think the main issue is timing, releasing this spring would have created a buggy mess worst than a normal launch which leads a mass exodus of pissed of players, launch when people begin summer vacation and when the launch is slow you will have more people claiming the death of WoW and some people just don't bother to purchase the expansion because people begin to think that no one is playing.

As far as more content, Wrath had Ruby Sanctum which offered little in the way of content. I think my casual guild at the time cleared normal on the second night we ran it and a few weeks later on heroic. After that no one ran it again since the loot was generally not an upgrade. More dungeons might help with gearing up alts, but the Timeless Isle allows you to get gear that will get you into SoO LFR and making dungeon gear the equivalent of SoO LFR will take players that might otherwise queue up for LFR, I do not think Blizzard is to keen on that.

My guess is that the pre-patch events hit in late May to early June which should tie in with the War Crimes novel which is scheduled to be released in early June and WoD going live in mid-August, the week prior to labor day at the latest. I believe mid-August because most summer vacations should be done by then and school has either started or will be starting in a couple of weeks. It also allows them to say that people did not have to wait a year between SoO and the next tier of available raid content.

I don't rightly know what it is about this game that makes it so damn appealing. Dammit, I miss playing again. Every couple months I get the itch to come back, thinking about all the great times. I don't like the time sink portion of it... but I enjoy the story, and the interaction with my guild.

Having switched to the Macbook will make things a little slower, but I'm going to give it a shot again.

I don't rightly know what it is about this game that makes it so damn appealing. Dammit, I miss playing again. Every couple months I get the itch to come back, thinking about all the great times. I don't like the time sink portion of it... but I enjoy the story, and the interaction with my guild.

Having switched to the Macbook will make things a little slower, but I'm going to give it a shot again.

if you need a scroll PM me

My latest mog gear;

78041656-profilemain020514_zpsd5f95d26.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I always want to run a tank until I see all the work they have to do in raid. Too much responsibility, lol.

No kidding :D My two mains are tanks; Paladin Tank @ i540, and DK Tank @ i530. I am finally running Flex SoO with both Tanks weekly with the Guild, and some fights can get super stressful. Like the Sha of Pride, fourth boss in wing one, the pride levels, you need to get the Taunts timed perfectly, not miss them or wait too long, otherwise can wipe the fight. And also stepping on the orange buttons to free prisoners, if you wait too long or go the wrong spot, players die.

Luckily my Guild is patient with me, and helping me explain the fights, we all talk over headsets in Vent. A lot of my Guildies are in there with i570 gear. So Flex for them is a cakewalk, where they typically run 10man Heroic SoO, they are 10/14 progression. I wouldn't dare run SoO heroic yet, even Normal is a butt whipping for me @ i530 on my DK.

But I LOVE the Tank class, I like leading a group, and being in control, plus all the cool looking gear, the Plate gear looks so bad ass, and a cool Shield. Some really great transmog's for plate Tanks. And is easy to solo old Raids for mog. I run old Wrath Raids solo easily.

Pic's of my two Tanks, in there mog gear;

Paladin Tank;

Death Knight Tank;
[

Last edited:
No kidding :D My two mains are tanks; Paladin Tank @ i540, and DK Tank @ i530. I am finally running Flex SoO with both Tanks weekly with the Guild, and some fights can get super stressful. Like the Sha of Pride, fourth boss in wing one, the pride levels, you need to get the Taunts timed perfectly, not miss them or wait too long, otherwise can wipe the fight. And also stepping on the orange buttons to free prisoners, if you wait too long or go the wrong spot, players die.

Luckily my Guild is patient with me, and helping me explain the fights, we all talk over headsets in Vent. A lot of my Guildies are in there with i570 gear. So Flex for them is a cakewalk, where they typically run 10man Heroic SoO, they are 10/14 progression. I wouldn't dare run SoO heroic yet, even Normal is a butt whipping for me @ i530 on my DK.

But I LOVE the Tank class, I like leading a group, and being in control, plus all the cool looking gear, the Plate gear looks so bad ass, and a cool Shield. Some really great transmog's for plate Tanks. And is easy to solo old Raids for mog. I run old Wrath Raids solo easily.

well that's my problem, I'm new to my guild and they don't really run flexes anymore so if I were to be a tank, I'd eff shit up royally. I do like plate gear, though. so I'm probably going to make a dual wield warrior for my next 90.

If they are a decent guild, they should be willing to work with you. You can always get some practice from lfr and heroic dungeons, though you will quickly outgear/experience heroics. Ill probably change my monk ww into brewmaster starting with new expansion. Another thing i hate most about people is they are quickly to blame the tank for their random pull actions.

Thinking about coming back with a buddy of mine. A little scared...but the upcoming exspansion sounds really good.

Anyone know of a place to get a cheap MOP key?

Thinking about coming back with a buddy of mine. A little scared...but the upcoming exspansion sounds really good.

Anyone know of a place to get a cheap MOP key?

Just do a digital upgrade from your Battle.net account. It's not pricey.

The whole 5man Dungeon thing in MoP or WoW overall is screwed up. By the time the final Raid patch comes out, those 5man dungeons are dropping crappy gear, and very outdated. Those dungeons were designed around 5.1 gear, but with patch 5.4 and gear drops of i572, the i450's in 5man dungeons are stupid.

You can go to Timeless Isle, and walk around for 30 seconds and get a i496 item, and upgrade to i535 with another drop.

Why doesn't Blizzard upgrade gear stats on dungeon drops with each new major patch release ? When Patch 5.4 released, all the dungeon drops should have been bumped up from the original i450 level, to like i516 / i522, and also make the bosses tougher and harder overall.

well that's my problem, I'm new to my guild and they don't really run flexes anymore so if I were to be a tank, I'd eff shit up royally. I do like plate gear, though. so I'm probably going to make a dual wield warrior for my next 90.

You can change your loot specialization to tank, get some pieces, and start tanking in WoD.
Fury requires some high level gear to be decent, and it's much more difficult to do "right" then Arms. I made the same switch last night, my ilvl470 warrior wasn't doing jack worth of DPS until I read up on IV a bit.

I just resubbed myself after a bit over a half year since I last played, and its been about a year since I actually did anything. It's pretty sad to look over my list of characters - At 80, I had 7 that were maxed and raid ready for the top-line raids so I could take whatever I wanted on the runs and perform in the top ranks of whatever I was.

Now I have three 90s, none were ever top raid equipped, and my best equipped is 485 PVP (She was pretty close to top geared when I stopped, but PVP, easy to get). I still have two 85's in raid gear, and two 80's in their raid gear..

I decided recently it's time to move into another real raiding guild, haven't been in one since WOTLK now (Only personal guilds that ran 10's after).

Only issue with that is, as an old raid leader, I have a VERY hard time following another raid leader if they don't do it "right" in my eyes. I used to be one of the best, I wont follow a leader who can't bring the group I'm in as a whole back to the top. I was the number one warlock on my server in BC, in number 1/2 guild on the server and like 25 in the US.

I used to be a raid leader in 25's in BC and WOTLK, but I got too tired of dealing with peoples issues, plus, I'm a drunk when I raid lead, my liver needed a break. I was so tired of stressing and trying to drag people together to make a raid happen every week on top of always being hung over from the previous nights raid. Oh Ironkiln you drunken dwarf... you raised me to raid leading in the best fashion - getting shitfaced, so by the 4th hour of raiding, it's all new again and the genius raid plans start to come out!

I wish I could quit WoW and stay away. I will quit for months without thinking about it, but suddenly I will, and it will start to itch at the back of my mind - "hey, I could play WoW again...".

I just keep hoping to re-ignite my passion for WoW, but I cant even play my warlock anymore - I don't like what they did when they changed them so long ago, and have never gotten over it. My number one character isn't even 90 in this expansion - she was my first 60 in vanilla, best equipped of all my characters until WOTLK ended, and downhill from there. I just don't like the class anymore. That's just a massive blow. That character has 170 days played.. Next highest I think is ~65 days..

Anyway, resubbed, will probably play for a month, then quit again. Unless I manage to find a real guild again, but its been years since I even bothered to think about it..

You can change your loot specialization to tank, get some pieces, and start tanking in WoD.
Fury requires some high level gear to be decent, and it's much more difficult to do "right" then Arms. I made the same switch last night, my ilvl470 warrior wasn't doing jack worth of DPS until I read up on IV a bit.

To my knowledge, don't go Fury until you can achieve 30% crit unbuffed with two decent weapons (ilvl 528+). Until then, Arms will be better.

Great post by a guy on MMO Champ;

I played through a Garrosh kill, then realized I had absolutely nothing to look forward to for the next 6-8 months at least. I have already spent countless hours trying to farm old content gear/mounts/pets. Those I do not have I have given up on as a waste of my time. Why gear my alts in Raids if their gear will be replaced, why do the same dailies again and again and why pay $15 a month to literally fly in circles in the vale while I wait/hope for enough ppl to be on to raid (cause pugging a raid hurts soooo bad).

My statement generalizes the way in which Blizzard treats its customers. We are paying $15 a month for current content, not for the Xpac. The Xpac will cost you $49.95+, that is what should be paying for it. My $15 should be used to continue to provide content for the current expansion along with the customer service etc. When Blizz starts focusing on the next xpac, my $15 a month is stolen from current gameplay to float the next Xpac, thus I am being forced to pay for content I may not even purchase.

So I choose to cancel my subscription. I may or may not come back with the next xpac. Additionally, I will probably be offered nice incentives to come back, like free gameplay, mounts, pets etc. While you devoted players who payed $15 a month for no new content, will get nothing. (I am jaded cause in the past I played constantly and got pissed when the players who stuck around got nothing)

Perfect post, and sums up WoW. LFR SoO is like going to the dentist, so painful. Flex of Regular with a good Guild is a lot more fun, but never easy getting the schedule down for everyone, so finding that good 10man Regular group for SoO can take a while.

We pay $15 / month for content, but where is that $15 per month going at the long drought of NOTHINGNESS between final patch and new expansion ? End of Cat to beginning of MoP was 10 months of NOTHING new, almost a full year with the same old stuff, and we are paying $15 for what during that time ?. And now patch 5.4 released in September, with nothing new until this Summer / Fall with WoD, will be another year or so with nothing new.

And then they ask $49 for a new expansion ? WTF. I think my $150 I spent over those 10 months of nothing new should be covering the cost of the expansion.

Right now MoP is at that dead time. The last Raid patch was released 5 months ago, and SoO is getting stale and boring. I run my weekly old Raids for Transmog and mounts on Tuesdays / Wednesdays, but even that is getting old after so many weeks doing the same thing with no drops.

Report PostReport Comment
Edit

I hate how with each expansion all the current great gear becomes obsolete, and you can easily or some what easily replace it by walking around the new expansion. It makes dungeon raiding pointless, specially if a new expansion is around the corner, just hang a few weeks and you will literally be able to pick it up for next to nothing.. It really cheapens the whole experience imo

That and the $15 a month just didn't sit well with me over time. If the fee's covered expansions and they added new fun stuff without the focus being on gear all the time, then it would be fine, but it doesn't...

I hate how with each expansion all the current great gear becomes obsolete, and you can easily or some what easily replace it by walking around the new expansion. It makes dungeon raiding pointless, specially if a new expansion is around the corner, just hang a few weeks and you will literally be able to pick it up for next to nothing.. It really cheapens the whole experience imo

That and the $15 a month just didn't sit well with me over time. If the fee's covered expansions and they added new fun stuff without the focus being on gear all the time, then it would be fine, but it doesn't...

You are absolutely correct. Right now Level 90, i572 gear is the hardest to obtain in Heroic SoO, takes a very skilled Group and lots of work to get. Come the new expansion, you'll get green drops like Level 92, i612 from killing a frog in the forest, and it will be equal to that Heroic epic gear from the last expansion.

By the time you ding to a fresh new Level 100 in WoD, even the cheapest worse green gear, will blow the doors off old Heroic Epics from MoP.

Another issue, is the huge difference between a fresh Level 90 in cheap green gear i435, compared to a fully decked Heroic Epic 90 in i572 gear. A fresh new Level 90 Tank, might start with like 350k health, and by the time they can get fully geared in SoO Heroics, they will have over 1 million health. That's like a 300% increase, and still the same Level 90. I think that's way to big a spread for being the same level. I understand Epic gear should be much better than fresh green crappy gear, but 300% better ? No, that's overboard.

Last edited:

This is nothing new. The $15 a month comes down to how much you are willing to spend on entertainment for the month. Besides, making quality expansions isn't cheap, considering the amount of assets they add to the game. Not just reusing the same assets like GW2 and so many others.

One word. Arenas. I haven't given two fucks about PvE since I've been 90. I have a blast getting on with my friends and running arenas and trying to perfect my character. PvE is really lame and has always left a bad taste in my mouth. Too much waiting around/ relying on other idiots to perform well. Too much time. I like being able to hop on and get insta qued into a match and it's different every. single. time. While everyone complains about no new raid content I'm looking forward to the next arena season coming within the next few weeks.

You are absolutely correct. Right now Level 90, i572 gear is the hardest to obtain in Heroic SoO, takes a very skilled Group and lots of work to get. Come the new expansion, you'll get green drops like Level 92, i612 from killing a frog in the forest, and it will be equal to that Heroic epic gear from the last expansion.

By the time you ding to a fresh new Level 100 in WoD, even the cheapest worse green gear, will blow the doors off old Heroic Epics from MoP.

Another issue, is the huge difference between a fresh Level 90 in cheap green gear i435, compared to a fully decked Heroic Epic 90 in i572 gear. A fresh new Level 90 Tank, might start with like 350k health, and by the time they can get fully geared in SoO Heroics, they will have over 1 million health. That's like a 300% increase, and still the same Level 90. I think that's way to big a spread for being the same level. I understand Epic gear should be much better than fresh green crappy gear, but 300% better ? No, that's overboard.

Even in flex/normal SoO tanks can get over 1mil HP easy.

And I disagree. If you're able to clear the hardest content in the game (and really I think only 1% of the entire WoW population has killed Heroic Garrosh) you damn well better be fucking god damn amazing geared. Else, what would the point be of even getting people together to sludge through heroic SoO? Take note that the jump from normal -> heroic is not as easy as people think it is. Flex->Normal isn't all that bad. Mechanics are still the same, maybe one or two new mechanics if any (I can't think off the top of my head if any mechanics change from Flex/Normal). But Normal->Heroic = completely new mechanics for certain bosses. You'd think heroic immerseus would be cakewalk but it's actually one of if not the hardest heroic SoO for the first portion of SoO bosses. In terms of difficulty I think it's like...

Immersus >= Sha > Protectors > Nourshen

The flip side of this is an expansion like WotLK where people leveled to 80 and were raiding Naxx in T6/Sunwell gear with maybe a few bits of upgraded gear along the way. I remember being the 10th 80 in my guild so we were thrilled to do a full guild 10man Naxx run. I'd run some 80 instances and some heroics and had a bit of new gear but a lot of it was still TBC gear. I racked up a bunch of gear on that way.

It really made the gear along the way mostly pointless. New item? Huh, nope, worse than my previous expansion epics. Vendor or DE.

That same realization happens every expansion. In every MMO really. Its about what you can find to do that will interest you. Then when that is all said and done you should really move on. I've played WoW since release and feel its natural to lose interest now and again.

I don't find myself glued to anything like WoW anymore and that's because I've grown out of it.

I'm playing right now but I doubt I will be in a month or so. It just all depends on how/what keeps your interest.

But I think for the experience I enjoy $15 a month is better than F2P nonsense. I find many F2P games constantly jamming advertisements and "deals" down my throat constantly far more annoying. If paying $15 for a month of long term entertainment avoids that I'm all for it. Hell I pay $10.50 a ticket to go to the movies and another $20+ for snacks for me and my GF. That only provides me with maybe 90 minutes - 2 hours of actual entertainment. So compared to that experience WoW is a fucking steal.

WoW should keep its sub model. I like that a pay wall exists to help keep out morons that just want to ruin the experience. I like the fact that even the gold farmers have to pay for accounts/subs to do what they do.

$15 a month these days is truly nothing. If you are fretting over that kind of money per month then you have some serious life issues going on that need to be dealt with. Blizzard is smart business wise to keep the sub model alive for as long as possible. They are still making a mint having it and they don't have to push as hard as F2P developers do to make a profit.

I hope they introduce tri-spec even if it's a store paid feature. I hate that I can only do two specs. I would've played my monk exclusively as each spec is pretty fun...playing an alt for as a filler spec instead of respecing all the time wore me out and then I cancelled my sub.

Anyone else getting burned out on SoO Raid ?

My Guild is really cool and good, and they want me to be a full time Tank for them, but want their Tanks at i560 gear level, which isn't super easy for me a guy with a family and a career.

I have been running Flex and Normal SoO the past month now, I am up to i540, but to get to i560 will take a while longer. I don't have the time to run all 4 phases of SoO on both Flex and Normal. I am lucky to one phase 1 or 2 on both if that much weekly.

Anyone else getting burned out on SoO Raid ?

My Guild is really cool and good, and they want me to be a full time Tank for them, but want their Tanks at i560 gear level, which isn't super easy for me a guy with a family and a career.

I have been running Flex and Normal SoO the past month now, I am up to i540, but to get to i560 will take a while longer. I don't have the time to run all 4 phases of SoO on both Flex and Normal. I am lucky to one phase 1 or 2 on both if that much weekly.

Depends on your guild. How often they raid and how long. I raid lead for a "casual" guild comprised of mostly family/working professionals. We raid 2x a week for 2.5 hrs. We can get through Nazgrim in one night easily and use the other night for progression. Worst case, we extend lock-outs if people want to keep working on a boss.

If the guild is demanding you run all of Flex1-4 and Normal 1-4 then it's probably time to find a new guild that's similar to mine. I consider us "hardcore" casual raiders. We log on, do our shit, log off, everybody is happy. :)

$60 for a level 90 to save a couple hundred hours of work (for casuals) somehow feels a lot more expensive than $25 for a sparkle pony.

Last edited:
Does it come with epics? A mount? Or just greens? $60 is LOL, but I know for a fact a lot of people are going to pay it.

Good for blizzard, making dat chedda

Back