WoW; 4th expansion Mists of Pandaria

So they are changing PVP gear yet again and stats yet again to make it "easier for casual players". Sad.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9331806/PvP_Gear_in_Patch_53-3_25_2013

I haven't played in months but its sad to see some of these changes yet again shaft any kind of true depth to the PVP.

Will this even please the casual audience?

Blizzard is just pushing numbers around, not fixing anything. Plus now when people start to pvp, they are going to run into a 65% damage reduction wall and not be able to kill anyone. This makes starting in pvp extremely hard because it means you need gear from pvp (with pvp power) just to pvp.

I think it is worse now than when they started trying to balance things. Giving people more stats to balance and juggle makes it harder on casuals (balance between your classes DPS stat or more pvp power).

Last edited:
I was thinking of resubbing in a month or so to level a rogue for pvp but these changes look like the environment will be unstable. Hotfixes and patches galore...

It is so sad isn't it? so sad that blizzard wants to keep 90% of their player base, what scumbags

If you count the players whining on the forums and their current gear state you'll see that the vast majority of them simply do not pvp. If you take into account that most players never use the forums I would then sum up that all the whining is being done by a minority of players who have an axe to grind on the forums.

Blizzard is the most successful player when it came to the MMO genre. They've made billions off WoW and its expansions. And continue to make tons of cash other publishers can only dream about.

I don't think they are in any danger of losing an audience that has been with them for almost 10 years. Anyone that has lost interest is gone , I don't see Blizzard announcing that WoW is coming to an end because they only have 9 million active subs currently , do you?

Ghostcrawler is obviously not as interested in the overall pie balancing as he use to be. And the dev team seems much more devoted to simply pooping out content so the player base doesn't get bored. Class balancing and PVP balancing have just only received "light" attention in comparison. This is the reason I left. You can dump all the content you want into a game but if the core balancing issues aren't constantly part of the focus you end up with lots of fluff and little substance.

Well surprisingly, I am getting back into WoW again.

I got really burned out on the game the past year or so, even MoP, I couldn't play for more than a week, the grind, and same ol, same ol, of WoW was not fun anymore.

But now I am bored with my shooter games, and Guild Wars 2 did not live up to the hype whatsoever for me, so I am giving MoP another chance, and I like it, have two characters ( Paladin-Tank & DK-Tank ) just to Level 87 this weekend, but the new zones look really nice, and the couple new 5mans I ran were cool.

Well surprisingly, I am getting back into WoW again.

I got really burned out on the game the past year or so, even MoP, I couldn't play for more than a week, the grind, and same ol, same ol, of WoW was not fun anymore.

But now I am bored with my shooter games, and Guild Wars 2 did not live up to the hype whatsoever for me, so I am giving MoP another chance, and I like it, have two characters ( Paladin-Tank & DK-Tank ) just to Level 87 this weekend, but the new zones look really nice, and the couple new 5mans I ran were cool.

It really is a great expansion overall, wish more people I knew played, it'd make it more worth it.

I was thinking of resubbing in a month or so to level a rogue for pvp but these changes look like the environment will be unstable. Hotfixes and patches galore...

PVP is inherently unstable as Blizzard makes balance changes and people keep shifting to the new flavor of the month.

If you have Heirloom gear (which is super easy to get now that they buffed how many Justic points you get) levelling a Rogue is super easy. You pretty much one shot everything until level 80 or so.

Last edited:
It really is a great expansion overall, wish more people I knew played, it'd make it more worth it.

The new zones in MoP are quite beautiful, and not as much as of grind as some of the Wrath and Cat zones. And the few 5mans I have tried seemed faster and not so time consuming as Cat 5man, which took forever.

I think Cataclysm really turned me off from WoW, whole expansion felt like such a major grind, and I hated the new high level zones in Cat being spread out in the old world. I like a new continent instead for my expansion zones.

Just resubbed, but didn't buy MOP yet. I'm getting my priest to 85 first (from 80.)

Still not sure if I even want to buy MOP though...

The new zones in MoP are quite beautiful, and not as much as of grind as some of the Wrath and Cat zones. And the few 5mans I have tried seemed faster and not so time consuming as Cat 5man, which took forever.

I think Cataclysm really turned me off from WoW, whole expansion felt like such a major grind, and I hated the new high level zones in Cat being spread out in the old world. I like a new continent instead for my expansion zones.

Cata was a big failure in many ways for WoW. It drove the final nail into place as far as killing off the PVP scene in WoW. WoW use to have quite a huge and interesting PVP fan base but after Cata many of the top players and teams just quit WoW altogether.

Its the nature of things I guess , can't stay interested forever but if you read Ghostcrawlers post on Cata he basically admits that Cata was their worst expansion in many ways. It segregated much of the players in ways that drove out long time players and made parts of the game far to easy and there was simply not enough content.

I'm tempted to play again though just to see the new patch content , but its a pain to reinstall WoW and the mods I like.

Cata was a big failure in many ways for WoW. It drove the final nail into place as far as killing off the PVP scene in WoW. WoW use to have quite a huge and interesting PVP fan base but after Cata many of the top players and teams just quit WoW altogether.

Its the nature of things I guess , can't stay interested forever but if you read Ghostcrawlers post on Cata he basically admits that Cata was their worst expansion in many ways. It segregated much of the players in ways that drove out long time players and made parts of the game far to easy and there was simply not enough content.

I'm tempted to play again though just to see the new patch content , but its a pain to reinstall WoW and the mods I like.

I started playing WoW at launch November 2004, was casual player at first, just playing several nights a week, then with TBC epansion got more into it, played 5 nights a week, and with Wrath got into even bigger, and started Raiding a lot, was playing 24/7, especially with the Ice Crown patch, or whatever it was called. ICC 25 Raid was awesome times.

But Cat really burned me out, and bored me. Maybe I was just sick of the MMO grind by then, just burned out on questing, going back and forth to get 10 monkey balls, and rinse and repeat infinity, just did me in. And Cat was supposed to really revamp WoW, make it fresh again, I did not feel that way, it felt so boring, and more of a grind than ever. And I did not like the new high end zones spread across the old world, I prefer my new zones in one new continent, like other expansions. Plus WoW went like 10 months with no new content at all, from December patch 4.3 to MoP in September, I gave up and quit. Was just sick of the game.

I bought MoP on launch last year, played for a day or two, and quit again, it wasn't MoP I didn't like, just more MMO grind and I needed a longer break away from it.

Tried Guild Wars 2 this Fall, did not care for it, stopped playing after one week.

Then this month loaded up MoP again, and now i really enjoy it :) The new zones are fresh and original. I laughed at Chinese theme originally, thinking it's Blizzards money grab for the Asian market, but after playing it now, I actually think it's great, the graphics and artwork are really top notch, the music is fantastic, the 5man dungeons are much faster and quicker to run through than Cat 5mans which felt like mini Raids, which I hated, I like my 5mans to be quick runs.

Both my characters are just Level 86 / 87, but i think I will get them to 90 soon enough, gear up, and enjoy this.

Just hope WoW doesn't have a long dry spell of no new content for months, like Cat.

I started playing WoW at launch November 2004, was casual player at first, just playing several nights a week, then with TBC epansion got more into it, played 5 nights a week, and with Wrath got into even bigger, and started Raiding a lot, was playing 24/7, especially with the Ice Crown patch, or whatever it was called. ICC 25 Raid was awesome times.

But Cat really burned me out, and bored me. Maybe I was just sick of the MMO grind by then, just burned out on questing, going back and forth to get 10 monkey balls, and rinse and repeat infinity, just did me in. And Cat was supposed to really revamp WoW, make it fresh again, I did not feel that way, it felt so boring, and more of a grind than ever. And I did not like the new high end zones spread across the old world, I prefer my new zones in one new continent, like other expansions. Plus WoW went like 10 months with no new content at all, from December patch 4.3 to MoP in September, I gave up and quit. Was just sick of the game.

I bought MoP on launch last year, played for a day or two, and quit again, it wasn't MoP I didn't like, just more MMO grind and I needed a longer break away from it.

Tried Guild Wars 2 this Fall, did not care for it, stopped playing after one week.

Then this month loaded up MoP again, and now i really enjoy it :) The new zones are fresh and original. I laughed at Chinese theme originally, thinking it's Blizzards money grab for the Asian market, but after playing it now, I actually think it's great, the graphics and artwork are really top notch, the music is fantastic, the 5man dungeons are much faster and quicker to run through than Cat 5mans which felt like mini Raids, which I hated, I like my 5mans to be quick runs.

Both my characters are just Level 86 / 87, but i think I will get them to 90 soon enough, gear up, and enjoy this.

Just hope WoW doesn't have a long dry spell of no new content for months, like Cat.

cata definitely killed wow for me, between the way to long to run 5 mans and more specifically the change to warlock class. Kinda ironically, they fix the lock class and im not playing.

cata definitely killed wow for me, between the way to long to run 5 mans and more specifically the change to warlock class. Kinda ironically, they fix the lock class and im not playing.

Yes agree, the Cat 5mans took like 45 minutes to run for me on average, felt like mini Raids, some bosses were pretty powerful for just a 5man.

I always liked the Wrath 5mans, they were quick, maybe 20 minutes, fun, and not super difficult. Was easy to get your badges / points, and good blue gear drops.

Now Raids, I like them tough and hard to run, but not my 5mans.

I quit around Cata also, mine might be because I had been playing the damn game since it came out though. I finally got completely burned out. Raids were the most fun I ever had in the game and I just ran out of time to commit to the raids.

Arena's were also quite fun but something after TBC just killed it for me, I don't know exactly what it was.

It helps if you've got a solid group (preferably 10-15+) of close knit friends to play with, it makes the game feel less like a chore (although a game shouldn't feel like a chore ever, sometimes there's sacrifices, even in games!), and more like teamwork/pure fun.

I think the trash mobs in the new raid are killing the game for me. Knowing I'm going to have to do the "bridge boss" for at least the next 4 months if I keep raiding destroys my will to live. And from what I've seen in LFR it doesn't get any better the further in you go with the huge cave + snails.

It currently takes my group 30-40 minutes to clear that bridge and that's a rather large chunk of our raid time. Doesn't help that we can't down horridon either so we have to keep redoing it every night.

I think the trash mobs in the new raid are killing the game for me. Knowing I'm going to have to do the "bridge boss" for at least the next 4 months if I keep raiding destroys my will to live. And from what I've seen in LFR it doesn't get any better the further in you go with the huge cave + snails.

It currently takes my group 30-40 minutes to clear that bridge and that's a rather large chunk of our raid time. Doesn't help that we can't down horridon either so we have to keep redoing it every night.

You might be doing the bridge wrong... Do you have everyone stand at the start of the bridge and then have someone pull one wraith back to the group? Do that four times, then move to the golem platform, kill the golem, then repeat for the next four wraiths.

Also they nerfed Horridon last night, that might help out your group at a bit. Then the next cock block is Durumu.

If you look at MMO champ there's posts from blizz devs saying the team is bigger then ever so content should get pushed out at a decent rate.

Just got back into WoW this month, still leveling in MoP, so what do we have right now as of patch 5.2 ? I am only Level 87

How man 5 man dungeons ?

How many Raids ?

How many of these new "Scenario" things ?

Do they still have thing, like back in Wrath days,forgot the name, a new mini Raid every Tuesday, just fight one boss, for quick gear drops, and quick badges / tokens.

And what is in store for patch 5.3 ? New 5mans or new Raids ? When is that approx due ?

Just got back into WoW this month, still leveling in MoP, so what do we have right now as of patch 5.2 ? I am only Level 87

How man 5 man dungeons ?

How many Raids ?

How many of these new "Scenario" things ?

Do they still have thing, like back in Wrath days,forgot the name, a new mini Raid every Tuesday, just fight one boss, for quick gear drops, and quick badges / tokens.

And what is in store for patch 5.3 ? New 5mans or new Raids ? When is that approx due ?

I'd say about 8 to 10 dungeons

4 Raids so far

MSV
Heart of Fear
TOES
Thron of Thunder

About 8 scenarios

Don't know what you mean by mini raid? The only thing I can think that they had was in wintergrasp. They have things similar now, world bosses. Most are on 15 minute respawn you have from 5.0 Sha & galleon. Then in 5.2 they introduced Nalak and Oondasta.

Oondasta is on a 2 hour respawn I think.

5.3 is a non-raid patch, supposed to come out with new scenarios.

yeah, sounds like hes talking aobut wintergrasp and catas verision of it, tol barad.. I always liked those two, quick easy, and chance to get pvp or pve gear.

Zorachus said:
My dream would be for Blizzard to make a World of Diablo. Use the Guild Wars2 engine or something pretty like that, and rethink an all new smart questing style, make it darker and more mature than WoW.

Then I woke up

You're smoking some of that stuff, aren't you.

I am curious as to how far WoW will run ? It's been out what, 8+ years, and still has like 8 or 9 million subscribers all these years later That is pretty amazing, for a game nearly a decade old, to still be so strong.

I mean most other MMO's would be very happy with a steady 1 million subscribers annually, and WoW has like 8 times that still a decade later, pretty crazy.

How long until WoW goes down to below 1 million subscribers ? Seems like that's a long ways off. They could make another 4 expansions over the next 6 to 8 years, and still have a healthy player base of a million + players.

I am sure Titan will steal a ton of the WoW player base, but that game is still 2 years away, and will take some time to get a big player base established, so WoW still has a several years at minimum left. I say for sure will go to at least 7 expansions total, with the current MoP being the 4th expansion.

I am curious as to how far WoW will run ? It's been out what, 8+ years, and still has like 8 or 9 million subscribers all these years later That is pretty amazing, for a game nearly a decade old, to still be so strong.

I mean most other MMO's would be very happy with a steady 1 million subscribers annually, and WoW has like 8 times that still a decade later, pretty crazy.

How long until WoW goes down to below 1 million subscribers ? Seems like that's a long ways off. They could make another 4 expansions over the next 6 to 8 years, and still have a healthy player base of a million + players.

I am sure Titan will steal a ton of the WoW player base, but that game is still 2 years away, and will take some time to get a big player base established, so WoW still has a several years at minimum left. I say for sure will go to at least 7 expansions total, with the current MoP being the 4th expansion.

Realistically, most games keep going on even if the next one comes out, but the player base will most drop pretty hard. But then again, this is WoW we're talking about, it's a machine of a game that just keeps going. Maybe the drops won't be so drastic.

Personally, if I were playing WoW pretty heavily, and I was in a guild of people that were all interested to try the new game, the most likely scenario would be to switch. The type of player that I am is that I like to play the most current version of any game, or the most current game from said developer, should that game be in the same genre (basically WoW to Titan). If that makes any sense...

I'm basically saying, personally, I would switch to the newest, as it's sure to be better (well, we all know how shitty games have gotten for the MOST part, so let's not speak too much about that for the time being), and more modern in not only the visual/sound department, but also everything else.

The thing is, Blizzard is CRANKING out content for WoW at a rapid pace. Most of the content is tuned well and is at least time consuming. The only thing that will kill WoW is when Blizz shuts the servers down.

The thing is, Blizzard is CRANKING out content for WoW at a rapid pace. Most of the content is tuned well and is at least time consuming. The only thing that will kill WoW is when Blizz shuts the servers down.

That would be like a bank refusing to take your yearly deposit of over $1 Billion dollars.

Blizzard has made its money operating and developing WoW hand over fist. If half the population quit over night Blizzard would still be making so much money on subs , expansion packs and merchandising that it would not cause them to shut down the game.

Blizzard could literally keep WoW going for almost ever. Its probably the only MMO in modern times that will be able to do so in fact as nothing has come close to its popularity.

WoW Down to 8.3 Million Subscribers
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3241-WoW-Down-to-8-3-Million-Subscribers

Activision Blizzard's press release states that World of Warcraft is down to 8.3 million subscribers. This is a loss of 1.3 million, down from 9.6 million last quarter.

- Blizzard expects to have less subscribers at the end of the year than they do today.
- There has been less engagement by casual players.
- Blizzard is going to work on improving the experience for returning players.
- Blizzard All Stars and Titan will not be released in 2013 according to the slide below.
- Heart of the Swarm was the #1 PC game of the quarter, selling 1.1 million copies in two days.
- Diablo III was the #2 PC game of the quarter
- There has been increased competition with F2P games in Asia.
- Players consume content faster and subscribe and unsubscribe as new content is added.

How is D3 the #2 PC game of the quarter? Or is this just blizz's titles?

8.3 mil is still a fuckload of people for how old WoW is...

How is D3 the #2 PC game of the quarter? Or is this just blizz's titles?

8.3 mil is still a fuckload of people for how old WoW is...

Yep 8.3 million subscribers for a game nearly a decade old :eek: yeah it lost 1.3 million players, which is what SW;ToR wish they had total. LOL :p

I quit WoW myself, but what other game is still going strong after 9 years ? I can't think of one.

I am very curious to see what "Titan" is all about, hopefully will give me the feeling that WoW vanilla did, back in the day.

Yep 8.3 million subscribers for a game nearly a decade old :eek: yeah it lost 1.3 million players, which is what SW;ToR wish they had total. LOL :p

I quit WoW myself, but what other game is still going strong after 9 years ? I can't think of one.

I am very curious to see what "Titan" is all about, hopefully will give me the feeling that WoW vanilla did, back in the day.

Diablo 2, everquest, FFXI

cancelled my sub again last week. which has become the norm for me after an expansion...buy the new expansion, play for several months and cancel.

Yeah I cancelled not too long ago as well. My internet drops all the time so playing was pretty impossible.

Diablo 2, everquest, FFXI

Those games were still going strong 9 years after release ? :confused:

EverQuest was never even close to 8 million players, maybe one quarter of that, at best, during peak years. I doubt they even have 500,000 players now.

Diablo ][ I know was successful, but again, never coming close to WoW numbers, I think in D2's peak, maybe was several million players for a short period, not for 9 straight years.

Amused to see that no one has posted regarding path 5.3. Is the [H] going soft on WoW? It happens, as you get older... I suppose.

Is there a server where folks are from [H] or are my assumptions correct that ya'll are spread out everywhere?

Back