WoW; 4th expansion Mists of Pandaria

hahaha planetside 2 is dope dude

Crap. Mega crap. Crap. To quote Spiderman ;)

Back on topic, if things go right, I could be the owner of a MoP CE for an unbelievably low price. Still planning to play in the next 2 weeks, but now I have to go to Arthas don't I..

Damn you WoW! Damn you!

Friend talked me into playing again after I watched a few streams on Twitch... Though, I never played for any meaningful amount of time previously (usually 30 days at a time over the course of the last 4 years). Hoping to give PvP a go this time around while rocking the Death Knight.

Come to Arthas

Also AC3 kicks ass, but it is frustrating.

No.

Ac3 sucks ass. The only good part about the game is the hunting. Otherwise like you said missions are just frustrating and outside of the first 5 hours the story line keeps getting progressively worse until it hits an absolute shit wall at the end.

After you beat it search my threads. I made one about it. I think AC3 would be up there for me as worst game of the year.

Crap. Mega crap. Crap. To quote Spiderman ;)

Back on topic, if things go right, I could be the owner of a MoP CE for an unbelievably low price. Still planning to play in the next 2 weeks, but now I have to go to Arthas don't I..

thats where im at and a buddy. we bought to kill it in pandaria pretty soon.. once i get some free time

You and roaf in the same guild at least since you're playing on the same server now?

Yea he is in my guild. Just last night we were talking about how awesome it would be if a guy by the name of BiH115 xfered over to play with us.

Yea he is in my guild. Just last night we were talking about how awesome it would be if a guy by the name of BiH115 xfered over to play with us.

What a coincidence, just last night, I was plotting how to creep into both of your windows, and.....eat all the food in your fridges.

Seriously though, I'll do it. I said I would didn't I?

What a coincidence, just last night, I was plotting how to creep into both of your windows, and.....eat all the food in your fridges.

Seriously though, I'll do it. I said I would didn't I?

Yea but you are being Jewish about it. :)

Tried the game again with a Starter Edition account, did the entire beginning Panda zone until Orgrimmar and 0 people replied to my hellos. I guess the expansion didn't change that part of the low level experience. And this was on a "New Players" Server.

Tried the game again with a Starter Edition account, did the entire beginning Panda zone until Orgrimmar and 0 people replied to my hellos. I guess the expansion didn't change that part of the low level experience. And this was on a "New Players" Server.

Well you can't really change people, but I've never had an exp. like that where no one responded to anything.

I miss a lot of tells too, but in low level zones I ignore them a lot of the times. No offense by I stereotype a lot of the low level requests as being stupid. Like legit questions in org like "hey how do you get this flying or something" I might answer, but most of the time I get "hey do you know where this quest is?". Its like dude read a fucking map.

Here is what I do and this has worked for me in all zones low level:

WomenBinder says: HELP ME I AM TRAPPED
Random person taking bait: Trapped?
'''says: YEA I AM IN A BINDER

Or the other day on my Shaman:

WERE HEADING FOR VENUS...VENUS AND STILL WE STAND STRONG!

You are almost guaranteed to get someone to break into song with you. No joke.

I miss a lot of tells too, but in low level zones I ignore them a lot of the times. No offense by I stereotype a lot of the low level requests as being stupid. Like legit questions in org like "hey how do you get this flying or something" I might answer, but most of the time I get "hey do you know where this quest is?". Its like dude read a fucking map.

Here is what I do and this has worked for me in all zones low level:

WomenBinder says: HELP ME I AM TRAPPED
Random person taking bait: Trapped?
'''says: YEA I AM IN A BINDER

Or the other day on my Shaman:

WERE HEADING FOR VENUS...VENUS AND STILL WE STAND STRONG!

You are almost guaranteed to get someone to break into song with you. No joke.

I'm not following at all. How many shrooms do you do a day?!

I'm not following at all. How many shrooms do you do a day?!

Come on bro...WoW is the perfect place to troll.

Womenbinder...mitt romney thing. There are so many play on names it is comical to talk about them.

Just last night I grouped with a rogue called StunMuffin

But you didn't recognize the lyrics to that song?

The_dbe01d_1105943.jpg

With starter edition you can only communicate in /say or /whisper , no chat channels.
Maybe that's why?

Actually I base my responses on the grammar and sentence structure of the request. I am far more likely to give gold to someone who says "hello, do you mind sparing me a bit of gold, I need it for (insert random legit-sounding request here) and am short" rather than "giv gold plz"

Unfortunately in all my years playing WoW I can count the number of times I have received requests anywhere near resembling the former on one hand, and am not even keeping track of the number of latter type of requests anymore.

Just cancelled my account. Again.

Why do I keep doing this to myself?

got my last Wisdom pieces for Black Prince last night, turned in, then killed Sha of fear. Got the +500 INT gem. Unfortunately, wasn't as lucky getting a Sha Touched weapon yet...now the CH2 starts with .. get 6k VP's.. starting from here ( doesn't include previous 1000's of valor ) not a biggie though.. I VP cap by every friday anyway...

got my last Wisdom pieces for Black Prince last night, turned in, then killed Sha of fear. Got the +500 INT gem. Unfortunately, wasn't as lucky getting a Sha Touched weapon yet...now the CH2 starts with .. get 6k VP's.. starting from here ( doesn't include previous 1000's of valor ) not a biggie though.. I VP cap by every friday anyway...

I'm in the same position, no Sha-touched weapon. I'm going to start upgrading my current weapon simply because I don't expect to get it, even though getting a LFR sha-touched weapon with gem automatically wins over my will of the emp mace.

Also fwiw, Garalon is even more annoying than Elegon in terms of being a brick wall. :eek: We've got the kiting down but we're consistently hitting enrage around 13%. Last night for our last two tries we had our pally healers take the cleave to push the dps and it seemed to go well so we might try that again our next raid day.

Playing with my guild from BC on, level 25... it's not the people, it's the repetition.

Ahh, well some people just eventually fully burn out. Quit while you're ahead man. It's not worth it being annoyed or stressed over this game.

Ahh, well some people just eventually fully burn out. Quit while you're ahead man. It's not worth it being annoyed or stressed over this game.

Until you realize one day how alone you really are and that box of tissues just isn't doing it anymore. Then thoughts of what it might have been like start popping up in your head and as much as you remember all the times of frustration you realize there was the good times.

And the good times are a glimmer of hope. Its all you need to run back to her

In other words give it a few months you will be back.

I got my last Wisdoms last night also, have a 483 sha touched staff, but I'm not going to gem it.

We got a normal protectors kill on Sunday, and I originally DE'd the 496 NON-sha touched dagger, but when I ran the math, even with the 476 inscription OH, it comes out well ahead of the 483 sha touched staff + 500int gem. I requested a restore of it last night, hopefully they give it back either today or tomorrow.

I'm just going to hold on to my gem until tsulong gives me the sha touched sword...

I'm in the same position, no Sha-touched weapon. I'm going to start upgrading my current weapon simply because I don't expect to get it, even though getting a LFR sha-touched weapon with gem automatically wins over my will of the emp mace.

Also fwiw, Garalon is even more annoying than Elegon in terms of being a brick wall. :eek: We've got the kiting down but we're consistently hitting enrage around 13%. Last night for our last two tries we had our pally healers take the cleave to push the dps and it seemed to go well so we might try that again our next raid day.

thats my plan.. I have a dagger from the terrace group before tsulong... but it's not sha touched. Spent charms on tsulong.. but no love. I will gem and upgrade the LFR Sword once I get it..491 with upgrades is decent.. we are still 4/6 MV regular, and got the first hof to 2% last week..so..we should get him this week..

but I dont suspect I will actually see regular Tsulong anytime soon...

I did get the 483 off hand last week though..so..makes the sword extra good..plus racial gnome hit bonus.. over the staff..

thanks for the insight on Garalon on regular..

I got my last Wisdoms last night also, have a 483 sha touched staff, but I'm not going to gem it.

We got a normal protectors kill on Sunday, and I originally DE'd the 496 NON-sha touched dagger, but when I ran the math, even with the 476 inscription OH, it comes out well ahead of the 483 sha touched staff + 500int gem. I requested a restore of it last night, hopefully they give it back either today or tomorrow.

I'm just going to hold on to my gem until tsulong gives me the sha touched sword...

man.. ya.. hoping you get your 496 dagger back..yikes!

I dont know man... as I said above.. I will probably gem the lfr version, upgrade it to 491.. and be ok.. for a while.. so it seems...

the rumors suggest we will be able to re gem, or buy another gem, once we receive it for future upgrades.. Hope that is the case..

although.. considering the scale of stuff with this expansion.... +500 INT is nice.. but certainly NOT game changing anyway..not when a flask gives ya 1k INT!

interested in seeing what CH2, 3 and 4 offer though =)

so we are all 6 weeks from "next" with the VP quest.. wonder if that's when 5.2 comes out?

For those of you not on the bandwagon yet (all two of you) wow is on sale - $5 for the battle chest, $10 for cata and $30 for pamdaria. $45 all in for everything, not too bad a deal.

man.. ya.. hoping you get your 496 dagger back..yikes!

Shouldn't be a big deal, they have that whole "item restoration" tool on their site to automatically create a support ticket to do it. Dropped the blood spirit and sha crystal in my bags like they said. Only thing that MIGHT be a problem is I mailed off the spirit to my guild leader and had him send it back when I decided to restore. I don't think it will be a problem though.

the rumors suggest we will be able to re gem, or buy another gem, once we receive it for future upgrades.. Hope that is the case..

According to my raid leader, we can buy another, but it costs 10k for the gem. Not worth sticking in a LFR weapon if you're progressing well through normals.

although.. considering the scale of stuff with this expansion.... +500 INT is nice.. but certainly NOT game changing anyway..not when a flask gives ya 1k INT!

Yes, a flask is 1k int, but 500int is still equal to 3.5 regular RED gem slots, and they're not mutually exclusive. Numbers I've seen on various forums indicate that sha touched weapons basically could be considered 5-8 item levels higher than the non-sha touched counterparts (protectors dagger vs tsulong sword, for example).

interested in seeing what CH2, 3 and 4 offer though =)

so we are all 6 weeks from "next" with the VP quest.. wonder if that's when 5.2 comes out?

Are you talking about the next chapters in the black prince line?

I haven't even started the Karasang dailies, been waiting til a certain horde spriest and his cronies (seriously, he has an entourage that just griefs alliance players) get bored with the area and move on. I backed off from the original dailies for a while, working on finishing those up this week. Think I can finish SP tonight, Klaxxi will be 4, maybe 5 days, and then AC is probably 5-6 days (AC is about the same on my warlock too for 28 slot bags!).

Just cancelled my account. Again.

Why do I keep doing this to myself?

Yeah, MoP is fun and all, but my account expires in about 2 weeks and I will wait until 5.2. I actually like the fact that LFR let's me blast through content.. I can cancel my account for a month between major patches and switch to EvE for a month :D

Are you talking about the next chapters in the black prince line?

I haven't even started the Karasang dailies, been waiting til a certain horde spriest and his cronies (seriously, he has an entourage that just griefs alliance players) get bored with the area and move on. I backed off from the original dailies for a while, working on finishing those up this week. Think I can finish SP tonight, Klaxxi will be 4, maybe 5 days, and then AC is probably 5-6 days (AC is about the same on my warlock too for 28 slot bags!).

ya.. the next in the series of the Legendary - Black Prince line. Once ya get your gem and go through another couple lore quests, then its get Revered with BP ( which I was.. easy enough to aoe through to revered ) now..the next step is.. earn 6k Valor. I looked in the achievements book... as the 6k valor is track-able on that page, not the quest, and there is a ch1, 2, 3, 4. although 3 &4 just say.. "to come"

My leveling has slowed drastically now, but I'm in MoP content and still doing pretty good.

I used to be able to get like 4-5 levels a night, now around 1 level. I'm 35% through level 87 so not much more to go. I can tell I'm rusty when doing dungeons though. New ones I miss things that I wouldn't have missed before. I think I ate about 6 sha spikes on that one 5 man fight...

Last edited:
My leveling has slowed drastically now, but I'm in MoP content and still doing pretty good.

I used to be able to get like 4-5 levels a night, now around 1 level. I'm 35% through level 87 so not much more to go. I can tell I'm rusty when doing dungeons though. New ones I miss things that I wouldn't have missed before. I think I ate about 6 sha spikes on that one 5 man fight...

You're going to eat those Sha spikes no matter what. You get about 0.5 seconds of warning to move your character. My DBM gives me the alert as it's hitting me. Thankfully it does pitiful damage so you can eat them, even in Heroics.

You're going to eat those Sha spikes no matter what. You get about 0.5 seconds of warning to move your character. My DBM gives me the alert as it's hitting me. Thankfully it does pitiful damage so you can eat them, even in Heroics.

Oh okay, then I don't feel so bad. Cept that a monk smoked me in dps last night in a 5 man. Did about 8k more dps then me on a single target fight. Feels bad man (.jpg)

Just hit 90. Slightly overwhelmed with all the new quests / dailies that popped up. Gonna be busy for a while..

Back