WoW; 4th expansion Mists of Pandaria

Well if you like the look there was some mention from a blue that in the future they might allow you to transmog them.

I haven't raided since BWL and AQ40 days. I hear the raids now days are easier in comparison. Should I take the time to read up on the different fights or just jump in?

A knowledgeable raider, is a useful raider. ;)

Well if you like the look there was some mention from a blue that in the future they might allow you to transmog them.

I haven't raided since BWL and AQ40 days. I hear the raids now days are easier in comparison. Should I take the time to read up on the different fights or just jump in?

I wouldn't say easier. You just really don't have a mechanic since the BWL and AQ40 days were you could just make shit up and down the boss. Like kiting the add in Razergore was like 100 different ways you could do it and some didn't even kite him.

Now a days you have to follow a strat to a T. You should just jump right into LFR. Really the fights are not terrible execution wise. MSV isn't a strong gear check, but some of the shit is just unforgiving now.

What comes to mind is 2 of the fights in MSV. The Sprint Bender if you dont have DBM and Elegon.

Quartz will move the mob debuffs to right above the cast bar -- also replaces the castbar with one that will account for latency so you can chain your spells better, though I believe the default game client somewhat does this now by allowing you to "queue" your spells.

Quartz? Ill check it out tonight.. that would help!

Thanks

Does anyone know how to find a good guild to join? Used to play this till my friends stopped playing and I want to get back in but don't want to do it all by myself.

Does anyone know how to find a good guild to join? Used to play this till my friends stopped playing and I want to get back in but don't want to do it all by myself.

I would visit the realm's forums, and then look around to see who's recruiting, go to that guilds site, etc. Get a feel for how they handle themselves. IMO just find a level 25 guild and reap in the benefits. Can make buddies that way too.

Anybody else on arthas horde ? Been getting down by myself and being guild less is awful, random invites constantly

You just need to focus on one thing now that you are in the guild...hitting lvl 90 :p

doesn't take long i finished a zone and a half in cataclysm and im 20% from 85.

gonna do pandaria with my friend though

hmm.. I didnt think so... no spectacular.. but ok.. the area, music, etc.. lush. Ive enjoyed this expansion quite a bit!

At one point I was sent to the same area to kill different mobs 3x in a row. I think this stuff is ridiculous. Also there have been numerous situations where I kill the [Named Mob] during the quest to kill [Weenie Mobs], then I turn in the Weenie Mob quest and its like "Oh gosh, you better kill that Named Mob now!" This stuff happened repeatedly.

One of the quest to fill a beaker is totally illogical based on how it is written. Another quest had me spending over an hour to find some students. Turned out they were all dead AND laying in an area covered in spell effect so I couldn't even see them :eek: I only finished that one after checking wowhead.com.

Another problem is that "helper" NPCs have a tendency to stand directly on your ass so you can't even see your character. One of these was carrying a huge stack of barrels about 20 feet high. And if its not that, they are throwing up gigantic text bubbles right in the middle of the screen so you can't see your character during that either.

WoW could learn a lot from the GW2 quest system. I am digging the combat, the somewhat humorous lore, the environment, and the models though.

At one point I was sent to the same area to kill different mobs 3x in a row. I think this stuff is ridiculous. Also there have been numerous situations where I kill the [Named Mob] during the quest to kill [Weenie Mobs], then I turn in the Weenie Mob quest and its like "Oh gosh, you better kill that Named Mob now!" This stuff happened repeatedly.

One of the quest to fill a beaker is totally illogical based on how it is written. Another quest had me spending over an hour to find some students. Turned out they were all dead AND laying in an area covered in spell effect so I couldn't even see them :eek: I only finished that one after checking wowhead.com.

Another problem is that "helper" NPCs have a tendency to stand directly on your ass so you can't even see your character. One of these was carrying a huge stack of barrels about 20 feet high. And if its not that, they are throwing up gigantic text bubbles right in the middle of the screen so you can't see your character during that either.

WoW could learn a lot from the GW2 quest system.

LOL. I've never had any of that crap happen to me, ever during my 7 year tenure with WoW. Must be a Mists/unlucky you combination.

WoW could learn a lot from the GW2 quest system. I am digging the combat, the somewhat humorous lore, the environment, and the models though.

Its true what you say about the named mobs, however GW2 quest system sucks in that it is really impossible to do some quests with low level characters now.

I hit 85, really don't understand why people are so bad at this game. I had to craft a buy gear just to be able to mop dungeon.

So we're in that brewery dungeon, whatever it's called and I'm doing pretty decent dps there's a moonkin close to me on dps and I'm thinking maybe my dps is low or something. So I track the dps on the last boss I came in 2nd on my warlock 18.9k dps. The moonkin is right behind me 18.8k dps. Then I realize he's level 90, doing less dps then I am. I didn't look at his gear but I couldn't have been much worse if at all then mine.

Then I did the jade serpent instance. Our druid healer struggled through the whole instance. We wiped twice on sha of doubt or whatever. Almost wiped on the lady before him too. Healer died on the lady before last boss. So we wiped once on sha. The hunter we had was top dps in our group and he bit the dust I'd say maybe 45 seconds into the fight. The tank is pissed at this point, so he tells the healer just to make sure to heal himself and if doesn't die and we'll win. Well mr druid forgot he was supposed to heal other people too. So I die 30 seconds into the fight, didn't get a heal that wasn't off of my dot ticks or haunt. I could have lasted longer but wasn't quick enough on my CDs. The hunter left after the second wipe and we kicked the druid. We got a priest healer and another warlock. I was so stunned when I didn't go below 90% hp the entire fight.

To be fair, moonkin dps is on the other side of awful right now. That, and stat scaling means a lot of people don't do much more dps in greens at 90 than they did in 378+ at 85. Considering a lot of heroics don't see people above 25k dps to start, I'd say 18-19k for a moonkin at 90 is about expected, provided he's in 429/437 quest greens only.

Another problem with all the baddies right now, especially at 85-87, is that a lot of them maybe are playing their free boost to 80 from a scroll of res. All the positive reviews of MoP have brought back a lot of people, at least people I know, and each scroll gets a free boost to 80. If they do 80-85 with quests, they're probably in dps specs, and then going to 85+ maybe swapped to healing? I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.

Prepare to be amazed at how bad some people can be. I joined a heroic once on my warlock, fresh 90 with 437s mostly, a couple 450s, and 476 boots from the sha quest. I should be bottom dps at this point, especially considering I was only at 32-33k. Nope. Not only was I #1 in the group, I was #1 by 8k. Yes, the next highest person was at 24k. I left the group after people were dying on trash...

LOL. I've never had any of that crap happen to me, ever during my 7 year tenure with WoW. Must be a Mists/unlucky you combination.

How the heck do people not run into this stuff :eek:

The students for this quest were all dead in this purple glowing ground shit. The time I wasted looking for the students was far too long, and the quest arrow didn't even point to where they died. This was after I killed the mob around them and they all resurrected:
student1.jpg

This quest was literally the third time the quest giver sent me to the same area. The first time was to kill the huge lizards. Then I had to kill the named lizard (which I already killed), then I had to go take out the foxes in the same damn area. I already killed about 25 foxes before this started:
fox3.jpg

Here is an asshole carrying a pile of crap and blocking the view of my character. Note this guy follows you around for multiple quests as well:
ass2.jpg

...and here is an asshole carrying a pile of stuff AND talking with a huge chat bubble over my toon:
ass1.jpg

Last edited:
I hit 85, really don't understand why people are so bad at this game. I had to craft a buy gear just to be able to mop dungeon.

People are bad because the game is designed to allow them to be bad and still complete content :D

In WoW Classic, instances were more serious and classes had to fulfill roles. Rogues had to Sap, Hunters needed to lay traps, Mages would sheep, Priests had to manage mana, Warlocks would often be called upon to Fear Elites, Druids had to keep HOTs on people or Sooth Beasts, blah blah blah. When the people failed, the whole group would fail because just one extra Elite usually meant the tank died or the healer went OOM and then everyone died. Heck, DPS pulling aggro would often mean the group wiped as well. That type of stuff no longer happens as the focus is more about face rolling to complete (normal) instances.

People are bad because the game is designed to allow them to be bad and still complete content :D

In WoW Classic, instances were more serious and classes had to fulfill roles. Rogues had to Sap, Hunters needed to lay traps, Mages would sheep, Priests had to manage mana, Warlocks would often be called upon to Fear Elites, Druids had to keep HOTs on people or Sooth Beasts, blah blah blah. When the people failed, the whole group would fail because just one extra Elite usually meant the tank died or the healer went OOM and then everyone died. Heck, DPS pulling aggro would often mean the group wiped as well. That type of stuff no longer happens as the focus is more about face rolling to complete (normal) instances.

lol seriously though the dungeons felt like adventures. i remember how insane some of them were too. amazing.

the cataclysm dungeons are absolutely pathetic. 4 bosses. all within like 10 feet of each other. no trash at all and some goofy mechanic that makes it a joke. or its a repeat mechanic of an old instance boss. lammmmmme. i did them for the xp though. and gear of course.. the leap is hilarious. i had amazing gear for wotlk and i had like 30k hp and mana... now i have 90k/90k at lvl 85. and thats not even good. i saw people running around with 190k and shit.

this game is easy mode now ;(

its cool though cause im playing casually it works out

To be fair, moonkin dps is on the other side of awful right now. That, and stat scaling means a lot of people don't do much more dps in greens at 90 than they did in 378+ at 85. Considering a lot of heroics don't see people above 25k dps to start, I'd say 18-19k for a moonkin at 90 is about expected, provided he's in 429/437 quest greens only.

Another problem with all the baddies right now, especially at 85-87, is that a lot of them maybe are playing their free boost to 80 from a scroll of res. All the positive reviews of MoP have brought back a lot of people, at least people I know, and each scroll gets a free boost to 80. If they do 80-85 with quests, they're probably in dps specs, and then going to 85+ maybe swapped to healing? I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.

Prepare to be amazed at how bad some people can be. I joined a heroic once on my warlock, fresh 90 with 437s mostly, a couple 450s, and 476 boots from the sha quest. I should be bottom dps at this point, especially considering I was only at 32-33k. Nope. Not only was I #1 in the group, I was #1 by 8k. Yes, the next highest person was at 24k. I left the group after people were dying on trash...

I dunno man. I had to craft gear to even get the dungeons to unlock. I'm pretty sure I could have went in with what I got to mop with and still done overall better then he did. I'm not really sure how hard it is to roll hots as a druid.

When I played one it was quite easy (Tree of Life them raidwide hots). Now they get the healy circle too makes it look even easier, could be wrong though. Does resto still play like that? If it does I'm definitely going druid next.

lol seriously though the dungeons felt like adventures. i remember how insane some of them were too. amazing.

the cataclysm dungeons are absolutely pathetic. 4 bosses. all within like 10 feet of each other. no trash at all and some goofy mechanic that makes it a joke. or its a repeat mechanic of an old instance boss. lammmmmme. i did them for the xp though. and gear of course.. the leap is hilarious. i had amazing gear for wotlk and i had like 30k hp and mana... now i have 90k/90k at lvl 85. and thats not even good. i saw people running around with 190k and shit.

this game is easy mode now ;(

Same here. I was 3/6 SWP in TBC and we were doing HM 25 man ICC in wotlk. Then I quit around cata. Every cata dungeon was lame but it seems like the mop dungeons are more intriguing. I just don't know how intriguing the worm going underground mechanic is or the reflect mechanic. Most interesting one was the instance where you stood in the grounded triangle instead of outside of it.

Same here. I played very seriously from WoW Classic up until Wrath of the Lich King. Now I don't have the time or patience to worry about raiding 20+ hours a week to be one of the top guilds in the US.

Same here. I played very seriously from WoW Classic up until Wrath of the Lich King. Now I don't have the time or patience to worry about raiding 20+ hours a week to be one of the top guilds in the US.

yes it seems the majority of us have grown up and realized that sex is incredibly more enjoyable in comparison to wow hahaha.

i dated this hot girl in high school. i totally made her walk home alone one night so i could down ragnoros. ah. to be 18 again

yes it seems the majority of us have grown up and realized that sex is incredibly more enjoyable in comparison to wow hahaha.

i dated this hot girl in high school. i totally made her walk home alone one night so i could down ragnoros. ah. to be 18 again

I think if I was hardcore I'd hate it. You spend so much time on your toon(s) and then just to see any casual with the same loot that sucks. But since I'm not hardcore more power to blizz!

I think if I was hardcore I'd hate it. You spend so much time on your toon(s) and then just to see any casual with the same loot that sucks. But since I'm not hardcore more power to blizz!

supposedly you get the same gear but the LFR gear just looks the same its not as good. idk there is supposedly some incentive for hardcore peeps but not like it used to be i guess.

also i want one of those fucking dragons i see people riding. i will get down on some heroic achievements like WOTLK status

also i love global mounts man. my lock had all these cool ass mounts. both 10 man and 25 man sarth drakes. we were 3rd to down 10 man sarth :D

supposedly you get the same gear but the LFR gear just looks the same its not as good. idk there is supposedly some incentive for hardcore peeps but not like it used to be i guess.

also i want one of those fucking dragons i see people riding. i will get down on some heroic achievements like WOTLK status

also i love global mounts man. my lock had all these cool ass mounts. both 10 man and 25 man sarth drakes. we were 3rd to down 10 man sarth :D

Exactly the difference between 6 or 10 ilvls isn't that much. Usually the better player can make up that difference.

I agree that the gear inflation is laughable at best though. Every xpac didn't need such a hard gear reset. Going from wotlk to cata and cata to mop was the worst though. They really didn't need to inflate HP that much.

Exactly the difference between 6 or 10 ilvls isn't that much. Usually the better player can make up that difference.

I agree that the gear inflation is laughable at best though. Every xpac didn't need such a hard gear reset. Going from wotlk to cata and cata to mop was the worst though. They really didn't need to inflate HP that much.

seriously the gap is stupid.

i was 80 and the dude is 84 and he might as well be a god. completely untouchable. stupiiiid hahaha. but whatever.

we'll see how it is when i hit 90 and how i like it then.

Oh man, I miss actually playing the game and using the abilities you had. The game actually involved strategy instead of 1-2-2-3-1

Oh man, I miss actually playing the game and using the abilities you had. The game actually involved strategy instead of 1-2-2-3-1

leveling as elemental and mine is just spam chain lightning if there is more then one thing. its hilarious.

i see these tanks too theyre like absolutely stomping in dmg

leveling as elemental and mine is just spam chain lightning if there is more then one thing. its hilarious.

i see these tanks too theyre like absolutely stomping in dmg

Yeah I don't really understand how or why tanks can be #1 dps in some instances that have alot of aoe. I could seed of corruption and rain of fire spam and still be behind.

Just wait 10 more years...you'll grow tired of that and want WoW again :p

Lol.

No to the first sentence. No to the second sentence as well. Should have asked her to watch you be a champion of Azeroth. Chicks dig purples.

How the heck do people not run into this stuff :eek:

The students for this quest were all dead in this purple glowing ground shit. The time I wasted looking for the students was far too long, and the quest arrow didn't even point to where they died. This was after I killed the mob around them and they all resurrected:

This quest was literally the third time the quest giver sent me to the same area. The first time was to kill the huge lizards. Then I had to kill the named lizard (which I already killed), then I had to go take out the foxes in the same damn area. I already killed about 25 foxes before this started:

Here is an asshole carrying a pile of crap and blocking the view of my character. Note this guy follows you around for multiple quests as well:

...and here is an asshole carrying a pile of stuff AND talking with a huge chat bubble over my toon:

We aren't running into that shit because some of us aren't playing alliance :)

Lol.

No to the first sentence. No to the second sentence as well. Should have asked her to watch you be a champion of Azeroth. Chicks dig purples.

your pecker is still dry, and youre terrible at assassins creed the easiest game in the world. kill yourself breh

Damn you WoW! Damn you!

Friend talked me into playing again after I watched a few streams on Twitch... Though, I never played for any meaningful amount of time previously (usually 30 days at a time over the course of the last 4 years). Hoping to give PvP a go this time around while rocking the Death Knight.

your pecker is still dry, and youre terrible at assassins creed the easiest game in the world. kill yourself breh

Wrong.

Also AC3 kicks ass, but it is frustrating.

No.

Also, you haven't played anything yet, other than Planetside 2, which sucks donkey ass. :cool:

Educate yourself fool. :mad:

Wrong.

Also AC3 kicks ass, but it is frustrating.

No.

Also, you haven't played anything yet, other than Planetside 2, which sucks donkey ass. :cool:

Educate yourself fool. :mad:

hahaha planetside 2 is dope dude

Back