WoW; 4th expansion Mists of Pandaria

Hit 90 a couple weeks back, and I think I am un-subbing again. The daily quest grind is just too much for me. It's not fun, and yesterday I said to myself "oh, I forgot to run my daily quests, I have to do that before bed" and then I hit myself for being stupid. Feels way too much like a job.

My server is so empty on Horde side that the economy is functionally destroyed and I am not giving Blizzard money for a server transfer.
heh.. ya.. atm, a lil daily planning of rl to accommodate the dailies rep grind is indeed happening.. but.. so far.. Im ok with it.. it will be over soon.. will hit revered with Golden Lotus today.. and get to add Shado Pan and August Celestials... lol...

I haven't gotten sucked into the whole "must do dailies!" thing yet. I mean, I've done them most days I think. The only thing I've made certain to do every day is my imperial silk craft, but that's just because I want 28 slot bags....I have my tailor parked in halfhill, so it takes maybe 2 minutes to get there, do the craft, and get back. No big deal.

Couple days away from cloud serpent exalted on my mage, golden lotus revered on my mage, and klaxxi revered on my rogue. Probably will wait for the 5.1 rep change to do factions on other characters.

Last edited:
have you seen the recipe for the 28 slotters? I hit 600 Saturday tailoring.. had already bought the 2 craftable epics ( 476 gloves and robe ) so.. atm.. dont have anyhting to make for myself.. but everyday since.. i make sure I used the CD for Imperial silk....just because..im sure once I get exalted Klaxxi.. Ill be making the bags.. should be profitable..

Many old WoW lovers are upset because it's not difficult at all now but still just as time consuming.

It sucked that very few people got to see the high end raids but it was also awesome because you hardly ever saw anyone with the gear.
>SNIP<

Agree completely. All MMOs have a carrot and stick, it is inherent to motivating players to see new content and keep playing. Vanilla's carrot was mostly raid content (MC, BWL, etc). We've seen the gradual move towards everything being able to be done by 10 people.

That said, I think it was sloppy as hell that Blizzard took one armor model and broke the tiers out by color. Lazy, lazy, lazy. Seriously, why do you think players drop hard cash on stupid stuff like the ghost tiger mount? People want to stand out in an MMO. As it stood at the end of Cata, the guy who AFKd in LFR for a few months has the same "look" as the person in heroic raid gear.

I just can't believe that Blizzard, with all the money WoW rakes in, can't produce more art assets. I understand what was said in the past about not being able to just throw manpower at the dev team but come on now.

That is one thing I really do miss about Vanilla, with all its warts; you had those items like Thunderfury, the ZG 2 hander - pretty much any Naxx armor set - and you really stood out. That aspect of WoW is largely gone now.

have you seen the recipe for the 28 slotters? I hit 600 Saturday tailoring.. had already bought the 2 craftable epics ( 476 gloves and robe ) so.. atm.. dont have anyhting to make for myself.. but everyday since.. i make sure I used the CD for Imperial silk....just because..im sure once I get exalted Klaxxi.. Ill be making the bags.. should be profitable..

The recipe is from August Celestials exalted, not Klaxxi. The mats are 12 imperial silk per bag. I have 25ish right now and mats for another 40 saved up. Probably be a couple months until I get around to leveling that toon, so by then I should be able to make 6-8 bags, and that's before I start the rep grind...

I'm seriously curious about this love-hate WoW thing. From someone who has never played a single minute of WoW, I'm clearly missing something. All I have heard was that it used to be a really great game and somewhere along the line it took a nose dive. And the word recently seemed like everyone was done with it. Even before this latest expansion.

Well, from what I see on the interwebs, it appears to be doing just fine. So what gives? Is there some guilty indulgence associated with this game? Like people play it and enjoy and just don't like admitting it or whatever. Something like doing a fat chick but she gives good head type of thing?

Many people who played WoW since release are bothered by the change in direction to attract a larger audience. You have to remember that many of WoW's devs were guild leaders in EQ, which was extremely hardcore in comparison to even Vanilla WoW with regards to time investment, raid difficulty, etc. It isn't any surprise therefore that some of that crept into WoW.

Over time, Blizzard has toned down the game. There is no right or wrong, its just the direction Blizzard decided to take the game.

Personally, I have to thank Blizzard for making it shockingly easy to quit the game. 2 years ago I never thought I would quit but by the end of Cata - hell, I didn't even do any of the things I thought I would do when I decided to quit; go around and visit dungeons, etc. My desire to log in literally dropped to zero. If they had done a decent expac like the rumored "Fury of the Void" or something to do with the Titans that are out there in space somewhere, I might have stuck around.

The recipe is from August Celestials exalted, not Klaxxi. The mats are 12 imperial silk per bag. I have 25ish right now and mats for another 40 saved up. Probably be a couple months until I get around to leveling that toon, so by then I should be able to make 6-8 bags, and that's before I start the rep grind...
omg.. what??
Im just starting August Celestials today I hope.. as I will hit revered with Golden Lotus today...man.. people are selling the bags now on AH.. 3800G...guess that extra week or so.they had on me for rep.. made a huge difference..well..if they are "only 12 Imperial silk..lol..
at least Ive started growing cloth with the tillers farm.. and motes...

omg.. what??
Im just starting August Celestials today I hope.. as I will hit revered with Golden Lotus today...man.. people are selling the bags now on AH.. 3800G...guess that extra week or so.they had on me for rep.. made a huge difference..well..if they are "only 12 Imperial silk..lol..
at least Ive started growing cloth with the tillers farm.. and motes...

Hah sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

I"m not in any hurry as I don't plan to sell any, I'll just be making them for personal use.

Sooo has anyone tried to make a [H] guild where everyone here can play together, etc?

Hit the end of my one year contract after signing up for diablo, tomorrow my account expires, I'm out, was a good run from 05.

suprisingly none of my friends are playing anymore, really figured this expantion would of held up a bit better then Cata but it has the same feeling honestly. The only cool thing was monks.

Still think its a good game but I'm already waiting for the next patch.

I'm still enjoying it since I haven't hit 90 and not fully geared yet. Glad I don't play as much as some of you or I'd already be bored.

I don't choose to play slow as fuck, but with a full time job, training, gf, family, maintaining my house, etc.. it's hard to play as much as I want to, haha.

I don't choose to play slow as fuck, but with a full time job, training, gf, family, maintaining my house, etc.. it's hard to play as much as I want to, haha.

No doubt, same here, but even with all my obligations, I still want to go as slow as possible. Because let's face it, what's the point of rushing? :cool:

Seems my guild is looking to get a 10man static raid going. Think I'm going to give that a go, just need a few more ilvls probably, and I'd like to replace the few pieces of pvp gear I've got going on. I'll have to get around to finishing the dread wastes quests so I can unlock the Klaxxi rep vendor for the 489 necklace. Also need to find another 4.5% hit from somewhere...

Seems my guild is looking to get a 10man static raid going. Think I'm going to give that a go, just need a few more ilvls probably, and I'd like to replace the few pieces of pvp gear I've got going on. I'll have to get around to finishing the dread wastes quests so I can unlock the Klaxxi rep vendor for the 489 necklace. Also need to find another 4.5% hit from somewhere...
ya.. HIT is a problem atm.. this is my main

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Dwifter/simple
Armory shows it at 13.. something ( cant see it at work.. but maybe because my reforges dont show.. on my Character screw.. its 14.95.. about right...

got a 496 tier piece off Sha last night, and 476 belt in LFR.. sitting at 472 iLvl now..

Im hearing there is a mage nerf coming.. haven't seen the patch notes about it..hope it isnt true...

'll have to get around to finishing the dread wastes quests so I can unlock the Klaxxi rep vendor for the 489 necklace. Also need to find another 4.5% hit from somewhere...

Do not buy a vendor necklace or rings for valor points.
The once you hit exalted rep with Klaxxi and Golden Lotus you'll get one free.
(unless the vendor version is BiS for your class)

Getting hit capped is not a problem. I've got more than enough from the reforged gear from heroics even without +hit gear.

Do not buy a vendor necklace or rings for valor points.
The once you hit exalted rep with Klaxxi and Golden Lotus you'll get one free.
(unless the vendor version is BiS for your class)

Getting hit capped is not a problem. I've got more than enough from the reforged gear from heroics even without +hit gear.

ORLY? I didn't know that.

My main is also a mage, but since I'm using 3 pvp pieces that I didn't bother reforging, I'm only at ~10.5x% hit, the 489 neck would add 500+ hit rating and replace my lowest ilvl piece (440). I've seen 1 out of 20+ heroics and I lost it to a resto druid. I'll have enough VP's after this week either for the shoulders or chest (currently using 458 pvp ones of each) from Golden Lotus revered. Maybe those will be a better option then. I'll have to check into the neck at exalted thing. I don't want to waste VP's if I can get one in a couple weeks just from dailies.

The fire mage thing on EJ just went up in the couple days or so, looks like stat priority is int > hit = expertise (until 15% spell hit) > crit > haste > mastery.

Seems they recommend using hybrid gems for now, until your gear level is good enough at which straight secondary stats will be better (crit increases in value with better gear for fire). I'm going to guess all classes have something similar.

EDIT: Looks like the neck comes from golden lotus exalted quest, and the ring from Klaxxi exalted quest. Golden lotus also gives a 463 chestpiece from a revered quest according to mmo-champ. Could still probably use the 489 ring since you have 2 ring slots. I'm probably going to go with the shoulders I guess, unless I just keep saving to see what I need come raid time...

Last edited:
Im seeing reference to Expertise lately..thought it was incorrect info.. I thought Expertise was melee...

I have a question on all expansions for WoW.

Blizzard spends a ton of development time on creating brand new zones for each expansion right ? TBC and Wrath having like 10 new zones each or so, huge new continents, lots of new content to quest and explore, and then Cat and MoP having like 5 new zones each or so, and 5 new leveling to quest and and explore in, brand new areas, etc...

But people run through these brand new areas in like one fucking week, or even a weekend. So two years of work, that is played out in just 2 weekends ?

Seems like that two years to create all these new zones and continents, becomes old hat almost immediately. Yes there are Raids and 5 man Dungeons to run, but aren't Raids only run by a small % of the player base ?

I would like to see a new Zone or two added with each patch. So patch 5.1 make a Level 90 - 91 zone or two. Then 6 months later make another patch 5.2 for new Level 91 - 92 zones. Would give players that don't Raid 24/7 something to quest and explore, and keep the game fresh. So each expansion should get 10 new levels and 10 new zones, and each patch released just every 6 months with like 1 -2 levels. So right now during MoP make the patches end up to Level 95, and new expansion from Level 95 - 105.

I hated the downtime that WoW had from Patch 4.3 December 2011, to MoP September 2012, that was 10 months with nothing new whatsoever.

So two years of work, that is played out in just 2 weekends?

85 to 90 takes roughly 25 hours of dedicated, uninterrupted (no ganking!) questing, assuming zero rest xp. That's not even a full weekend for dedicated players! Yes, there is a percentage of the playerbase that runs through this content in a few days, but there's many many more that take a month or more. 25+ hours is plenty of time for questing and exploring to someone concerned only about endgame.

Seems like that two years to create all these new zones and continents, becomes old hat almost immediately. Yes there are Raids and 5 man Dungeons to run, but aren't Raids only run by a small % of the player base?

It's a much larger % now with LFR, which is why they added it.

Would give players that don't Raid 24/7 something to quest and explore, and keep the game fresh.

The people rushing through the zones in a week aren't concerned with questing and/or exploring. They're concerned with endgame. For everyone else, the new zones last much longer than a week or two, and then it wouldn't really matter if they tiered the zone release because they'd be behind anyway. All that would happen is that the people rushing through would get bored and unsub. That's not a sustainable model.

Oh trust me, my friends and I didn't rush through the content, we still have other things to do like rep grinding but for the most part we have seen it all. One of us has the auction house on lock down and dictates it, thats his end game anyways. The rest of us really found us just wanting to see more. I wasn't even impressed with some of the chain quests.

It now affects spell hit as well.
hmm... so its true?
more research then... I wonder... is expertise a portion supporting Hit.. like get Hit to 15... and expertise doesn't matter... or.. is that an additional soft cap i need to support...

hmm... so its true?
more research then... I wonder... is expertise a portion supporting Hit.. like get Hit to 15... and expertise doesn't matter... or.. is that an additional soft cap i need to support...

You need 15% total spell hit, which can come from either hit rating or expertise rating. The percentage shown on your character screen doesn't differentiate the two.

I hit revered with Golden Lotus last night, so I got the ilvl 463 quest reward chestpiece and then bought the 489 shoulders available at revered. Up to 14.5% hit now, if I can get either neck/helm/boots with some hit on them I should be at the cap no problem.

Might see about checking out LFR this weekend, just got 460 ilvl last night. Only neck (440), helm (458 pvp), boots (450), and trinkets (each 450) left to upgrade, though I'm not sure if the trinkets are even worth upgrading right now.

Grats Xonim
ya.. Im sitting at ilvl 472 atm.. first vp item i bought was pants off klaxxi...last week, so, be another week before my next piece.. I did get the 496 tier gloves off sha of anger $$..revered with GL opens August Celestials and Shado Pan.. so.. ya want to add those into the dailies mix.. I think Ill hit exalted with Cloud serpent for the mount today.. so I can drop that set quests.. /phew...

Grats Xonim
ya.. Im sitting at ilvl 472 atm.. first vp item i bought was pants off klaxxi...last week, so, be another week before my next piece.. I did get the 496 tier gloves off sha of anger $$..revered with GL opens August Celestials and Shado Pan.. so.. ya want to add those into the dailies mix.. I think Ill hit exalted with Cloud serpent for the mount today.. so I can drop that set quests.. /phew...

I've definitely gotta get a few more pieces in the next couple weeks from LFR / VP's. I'm like 0/6 on Sha attempts, got Galleon once but no loot. Ahh well. Guild raid starts Nov 7th, and looking at a couple of the other dps people, I'm already a bit behind in terms of gear.

Started the AC and SP dailies last night, they don't take long at all. Have another 3-4 days of cloud serpent dailies to get exalted with them, but I'm not going to actually buy a serpent, just wait for the exalted reward from....I forget which faction. One of them gives you a mount as a reward.

CS exalted gives you the hatchling your grew.. so.. ya..free serpent mount. the Lorewalkers deal is easy to get exalted too.. for that mount.. which i love.. the flying man hole cover.. minimalist..
I need to get back onto finishing Exalted with GL and Klaxxi.. if according to that one poster..they both give ring / trinket and neck..wonder if its 489 or 476 though.. I will also hit exalted with Tillers tonight I think.. or tomorrow.. 16 farm plots...the ability to grow motes.. is sweet.. Im doing 2 Imperial Silk a day now..

CS exalted gives you the hatchling your grew.. so.. ya..free serpent mount. the Lorewalkers deal is easy to get exalted too.. for that mount.. which i love.. the flying man hole cover.. minimalist..
I need to get back onto finishing Exalted with GL and Klaxxi.. if according to that one poster..they both give ring / trinket and neck..wonder if its 489 or 476 though.. I will also hit exalted with Tillers tonight I think.. or tomorrow.. 16 farm plots...the ability to grow motes.. is sweet.. Im doing 2 Imperial Silk a day now..

There's a 489 ring at Klaxxi exalted and a 489 neck at Golden Lotus exalted.

I didn't know you could grow motes?!?! I'm going to have to actually do those dailies now.... I gotta quit finding these things out.

So what do I do when I hit 90? What ilvl do I have to be at to start running heroic dungeons? I'm currently at 418.

So what do I do when I hit 90? What ilvl do I have to be at to start running heroic dungeons? I'm currently at 418.

You can start running heroics as soon as you hit 90 with 440 ilvl.
You may need to finish the Dread Wastes quest lines to get all the quest rewards. That will get you to a decent gear level for heroics.

and you can start with regular dungeons... til you get geared enough for heroics..

xonim.. the ring / neck I was talking about.. was 2 pages back.. someone said dont spend vp on neck / ring.. you get a free one at exalted... i know about the vp 489 ones..

lol.. your a mage too.. right.. check out the look of the 489 hat at SP QM... i love it.. looks absolutely fucking awesomely stupid on my bald gnome's head! way better than the jackass turbin look.. even though I transmog'd to a SM bishop hat atm... lool

GOD'SlittleSERVANT said:

Heroics only require ilvl 435 to be able to run them.

Quests in Townlong give ilvl 429 rewards. Dread Wastes are ilvl 437 greens and a few 450 blues. Grab the ilvl 450 engineering trinket off the AH (Ghost Iron Dragonling, I think is what it's called), which you can use even without engineering. Do the Arena scenario, which gives an ilvl 450 weapon from the quest.

If you have archeology, there's a couple useful ilvl 463 rares -- a caster offhand, and an agility polearm. I had all four rares within maybe 25 solves. Both are BoA and usable at level 85.

Above all I recommend starting the Golden Lotus dailies, because they're required to unlock ShadoPan and August Celestials, factions that you need rep with in order to be able to purchase a lot of ilvl 489 gear with valor points.

xonim.. the ring / neck I was talking about.. was 2 pages back.. someone said dont spend vp on neck / ring.. you get a free one at exalted... i know about the vp 489 ones..

The ones I just referenced are quest rewards at exalted, not purchasable with VP's. Golden Lotus sells a 489 ring for VP's at honored, but gives a free 489 neck from a quest at exalted. Klaxxi sells a 489 neck for VP's at honored, but gives a free 489 ring from a quest at exalted.

lol.. your a mage too.. right.. check out the look of the 489 hat at SP QM... i love it.. looks absolutely fucking awesomely stupid on my bald gnome's head! way better than the jackass turbin look.. even though I transmog'd to a SM bishop hat atm... lool

Haven't looked at the SP gear yet. Was pretty late when I unlocked the extra dailies last night so I just did them and went to bed. I'll look tonight.

EDIT: I'm aiming for a tier 5 transmog on my mage, I have 3/5, missing 2 pieces from SSC. One guy I'm pretty sure is soloable, Vashj not so much.

and you can start with regular dungeons... til you get geared enough for heroics..

Hunter :D
Heroics only require ilvl 435 to be able to run them.

Quests in Townlong give ilvl 429 rewards. Dread Wastes are ilvl 437 greens and a few 450 blues. Grab the ilvl 450 engineering trinket off the AH (Ghost Iron Dragonling, I think is what it's called), which you can use even without engineering. Do the Arena scenario, which gives an ilvl 450 weapon from the quest.

If you have archeology, there's a couple useful ilvl 463 rares -- a caster offhand, and an agility polearm. I had all four rares within maybe 25 solves. Both are BoA and usable at level 85.

Above all I recommend starting the Golden Lotus dailies, because they're required to unlock ShadoPan and August Celestials, factions that you need rep with in order to be able to purchase a lot of ilvl 489 gear with valor points.

The ones I just referenced are quest rewards at exalted, not purchasable with VP's. Golden Lotus sells a 489 ring for VP's at honored, but gives a free 489 neck from a quest at exalted. Klaxxi sells a 489 neck for VP's at honored, but gives a free 489 ring from a quest at exalted.

Haven't looked at the SP gear yet. Was pretty late when I unlocked the extra dailies last night so I just did them and went to bed. I'll look tonight.

EDIT: I'm aiming for a tier 5 transmog on my mage, I have 3/5, missing 2 pieces from SSC. One guy I'm pretty sure is soloable, Vashj not so much.

Excellent, thanks. Can I do the Dread Wastes quests if I'm 89?

Edit - Found out I can start them at 89. Who do I need to go to start these quests?

Hunter :D

Excellent, thanks. Can I do the Dread Wastes quests if I'm 89?

Edit - Found out I can start them at 89. Who do I need to go to start these quests?

You CAN do them at 89, but I wouldn't. If you have ANY other zones left, go do those instead. Dread Wastes were miserable for me the time I did them at 89, for many reasons, but here's a few:

--Lots of mobs that can knock you off your mount. Seems to have a higher mob density than a lot of other areas. Wider aggro range at 89.
--Enough hills/cliffs to be a headache.
--The toon I did them at 89 on was a rogue, mobs have a lot of health and took a long time to die. Plus rogues kinda suck right now.
--Relatively large zone, it's just faster to fly, especially on the quests that send you to the other sides of these temple things, you can just fly over at 90 versus running around/through mobs at 89.
--Ridiculous horde guild on my server camping the daily areas.

I waited to do them until 90 on my mage and they were much much quicker & easier. Part of that is because frost mages are OP, but flying just made it a ton faster.

EDIT: As far as where to start them, I don't remember exactly. I would assume somewhere in Townlong.

Back