Would you still play the next GTA if you played as a female protagonist?

Would you still play the next GTA if you played as a female protagonist?

• Total voters
I think theres a pretty interesting developer discussion about how you write a woman as a douchebag criminal and I think thats the problem. GTAV took a ton of flak for having the protagonists be unlikable douche bags and yet it sold like hotcakes. So how do you write a woman like this and still appeal to the unlikeable douchebag demographic. I agree I think if you honestly sat down and said "main character is a woman no option." That would be a tough sell for GTA. That would be a rough game to develop and still hits goals.

But like I said thats a developer discussion. For us gamers - fuck yeah we all would even the mongoloids on here as long as the games good. So yes this thread is dumb and a trap.

What about Charlize Therons character in Monster?
Aka Aileen Wuornos
This is a true "douche bag" and utterly twisted individual due to utterly twisted stuff done to her. The plot similar to this would darken the GTA series and would provide a very different change.
kvinnelig_charlize.jpg

What about Charlize Therons character in Monster?
Aka Aileen Wuornos
This is a true "douche bag" and utterly twisted individual due to utterly twisted stuff done to her. The plot similar to this would darken the GTA series and would provide a very different change.

same deal with Gone girl. These characters would fit fine in some sort of twisted Silent hill/La noire/manhunt (heh manhunt) type game but were talking run of the mill douchebag criminals and thugs. Neither person fits. I like the Idea of MawMaw character like dredd. That or the asian chick from from Kill bill.

Ugh googling around I just got reminded of "spring breakers". Well that would be totally awful but theyd certainly hit their numbers.

same deal with Gone girl. These characters would fit fine in some sort of twisted Silent hill/La noire/manhunt (heh manhunt) type game but were talking run of the mill douchebag criminals and thugs. Neither person fits. I like the Idea of MawMaw character like dredd. That or the asian chick from from Kill bill.

Ugh googling around I just got reminded of "spring breakers". Well that would be totally awful but theyd certainly hit their numbers.

LOL
Yet Trevor of all characters, a twisted psychotic genius born for a few things:

1. Getting what he wants, when he wants and how he wants.
2. If he can't get this, he'll do whatever it takes(torture scene) whenever it takes(heavy cop killer from the past) and how it takes(burning people in a building)
Forgive me, but this isn't so cliche like the rest of them.

Trevor is nearly the same of the real life Aileen Wuornos

LOL
Yet Trevor of all characters, a twisted psychotic genius born for a few things:

1. Getting what he wants, when he wants and how he wants.
2. If he can't get this, he'll do whatever it takes(torture scene) whenever it takes(heavy cop killer from the past) and how it takes(burning people in a building)
Forgive me, but this isn't so cliche like the rest of them.

Trevor is nearly the same of the real life Aileen Wuornos

Is trevor from GTAV? I haven't played it yet I'm waiting for the PC version.

Sure, GTA is an adult game.. The issue lies in those people who buy it for their kids, than blast about it.

I played and enjoyed alot of games that had female lead characters. Final Fantasy xiii series, tomb raider, etc.

The protagonist in the game is supposed to be likeable. Not a true douchebag. :cool:

Don't give two shits about the gender of the playable character. If the game is good I will play it.

So I guess my answer is yes.

She would be all Raunchy anyway who wants to play a Raunchy character....
Prostitution and the bit just to fit the mold of the game.

Hell yea I would! My dad's old girlfriend had 7 husbands that died in her arms. My dad was supposed to be number 8, but he met my mom. That 90+ year old woman was trying to talk me into coming over her house the other year. I guess the son of number 8 would suffice...

Then there is Griselda Blanco. She once sent a hitman into an airport to commit a murder in broad daylight. She murdered many people in Florida from the 1970's to the 1980's. In 2012 she was assassinated in a drive by killing. I'd love to play her as she would choose henchmen to have sex with her. If they didn't perform well and get her off, she would personally kill them in humiliating ways.

Then there was the German women in WWII that made human skin tapestries and luxury items. Some made soap from human fat. This Black woman ran over numerous people with her car in Reno, NV. This woman was a Zetas drug boss in Mexico. Looking into her eyes shows the hollowness of her soul. She looks damn scary to me.

It would actually be a selling point for me. I'm getting kind of fed up of these unlikable a-hole characters they keep making you play as.

But I'd actually prefer full character customization. - Everyone's happy.

I think GTA from a female perspective would breathe some much needed life into the series. As much fun as the games can be, the plot and character motives have long been stale.

If she was some sleek European assassin sent somewhere to wreak havoc on a bunch of fucks I would be all for it

I really don't care what gender teh protagonist is, given that the story is pretty forgettable. I just wanna cause trouble in a sandbox. Either or any gender is fine by me. However they need to make it more breaking stuff, less taking your cousin out drinking. GTA 4 was not fun in my book :p

Back