Would you quit your job to finish your videogame backlog?

why? lol there's no upside to kids and only compromises.. i'll leave that to the people that give a crap about that stuff.
I said the same thing. I can't relate it to anything, but I'm glad we decided to have them. Its a lot of work, but its worth it.

No. Fuck that.

Honestly, I really don’t think I could fit kids into my life as it is, period. It just doesn’t seem possible while trying to do everything else (main job and semi-management of my own businesses is easily eating up 85% of my day, every day).

Yep, said that too. Its weird, but you don't actually realize how much free time you did have before kids came along. Wife and I are all like, wow, we had a LOT of spare time. haha

You adjust real quick. Its not really that bad. The first day of being a parent I had acknowledged my responsibilities. It is absolutely incredible how you look at all the small things and they don't matter. Flat tire on the side of the road would typically ruin my day. Now I'd just laugh.

I miss WoW so much. Debating hopping into some Classic a few hours a week now that’s it’s out; everyone I know is coming back.

Same here. Maybe this winter. Iunno. I picked up Path of Exile for the few hours I get a week. Its not bad because I can go at my own pace then it all resets after three months. Its a good schedule for me. I was in the original closed beta back in '04. I'd get the nostalgia high for sure.

Back when I was in college (I won't say how long ago that was), I played games nearly every free minute I had. I had a great time and even got competitively good at a few. I could happily go back to that if money wasn't a concern. Some people live to work and others work to live. I'm in the latter group. I do my job well, but there's no way I'd do it if I didn't have to. That's basically the case for any job short of beer taster, food critic, etc.

True in most cases I think, games are an escape for a lot of us, so without other responsibilities weighing down it's just less of a relief. It'd be interesting to see the occupation folks have and which games they enjoy, because it seems if you have an annoying job, the more annoying games are played less, and vice-versa... since I started doing a lot more design work with architects/civil something like Sim City doesn't play as well, I'd rather do something that requires no brain cells like blasting baddies. On the other hand, when I'm doing the tedious monotonous stuff at work, the games I enjoy are the more brain-twisting ones. So, without a job at all... I just can't imagine it, nothing in life is stressful enough to provide a contrast. Maybe if you lived with a girl or kids that stress you out, then gaming is a more attractive thing?

Registered nurse.

I've been into more cartooney less realistic games lately

Started and run my lawn care business, No kids, no g/f, no wife. I make good money, winter time is my gaming time. 7am-6pm spring-fall time. Thats my money season.

I live simple life, when im running my business its my work life, when im at home its my personal life.

Yep, said that too. Its weird, but you don't actually realize how much free time you did have before kids came along. Wife and I are all like, wow, we had a LOT of spare time. haha

You adjust real quick. Its not really that bad. The first day of being a parent I had acknowledged my responsibilities. It is absolutely incredible how you look at all the small things and they don't matter. Flat tire on the side of the road would typically ruin my day. Now I'd just laugh.

Same here. Maybe this winter. Iunno. I picked up Path of Exile for the few hours I get a week. Its not bad because I can go at my own pace then it all resets after three months. Its a good schedule for me. I was in the original closed beta back in '04. I'd get the nostalgia high for sure.

You’re right. I’m sure I could, I mean I make time for various business ventures when I already feel like I’m spread thin. I suppose the real fact is that I simply don’t want to make any more time for life-altering responsibilities. We don’t really want kids period, just too caught up in what we have going on now with careers and traveling (business and pleasure). Give and take, and I just want to take at this point. It’s good that you’ve taken charge of your life and can live the way you do, I applaud that.

I’ve been part of WoW since around that time as well, the nostalgia feels are powerful.

Feels like if I really needed to indulge in the urge to clear up my Steam backlog, I could mostly clear up that backlog by taking 4 weeks of vacation off from work. I'm sure I'd still get in trouble with the spouse, but not as much trouble as quitting my job to play my video games.

Also, somebody should introduce Comixbooks and Azureth , bet they would hit it off and become good buds.

No, I rather work and have a life than to play computer/video games all day.

I need to make money and I cannot stand sitting in front of a PC all day. I did that when I was younger but ever since I started working, I decided to cut down my usage of my PC to 3 hours a day, only night time. Most of the time I'm working anyway and even if I have a day off work, I try to do something productive instead.

Back