Would you, or are you paying for DLC?

Would you pay for DLC?

• Yes

Votes: 16 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I have payed or will pay for DLC

Votes: 44 33.6%
  • Any game that makes you pay for DLC should be boycotted. P.S. MW2 sucks.

Votes: 25 19.1%

• Total voters

PS3

[H]ard|Gawd
I sure as hell aint. I got other bills that are priority over map packs and what not. :cool:

I voted no, missed the fourth option, would have voted for that :) Although pretty much any game that isn't a XBL/PSN title has DLC

Depends on the game of course, but if it's the kind of game you love and they offer something that has value for you then yeah heck yeah.

For example, Dragon Age: Origins just came out, and it has two kinds of DLC: little freebie items you can get by either preordering or completing their flash game. I preordered and played the flash game so I got some cool in-game items that are useful.

They also have two downloadable missions that add quests and quest areas to the game. They're real small, but one of them came with my preorder (but normally costs about 10 bucks) and the other one I paid 7 bucks for. I was ok with that.

Mass Effect is about the same thing, they had two DLC packs for it and they were pretty cheap and added, unfortunately, a small amount of things to the game. But I bought them both because I love that game.

Grand Theft: Auto is probably the best example right now. They released GTA:IV and basically it was a pretty short game, but the world is a big hi-res beautiful version of New York. So since then they've been releasing DLC that are fantastic addons and pretty much smaller complete games, with different characters and different stories, all of which are really well done and just use the GTA Engine.

Fallout does the same thing, with four or five DLCs this year, all of which are overpriced IMO, but okay.

I voted no, missed the fourth option, would have voted for that :) Although pretty much any game that isn't a XBL/PSN title has DLC

I don't get what you mean, there are mad DLCs for XBL titles all over the place, like nearly every decent game has DLC.

GTA isn't DLC, I don't think. Aren't they stand alone games pretty much?

Generally no. I think a few maps for $10 or so isn't really worth it to me. But, I'd be all over a true expansion at $30 or whatever.

But I do see the work that goes into them and do not expect to get them free, I do not have any justifiable reason to boycott them... I just don't find them worth it.

I don't have a problem with paying for DLC as long as it's reasonably-priced and adds a decent amount of content to the game.

Depends on the game.

I have bought some DLCs, they can add a ton of fun to Multiplayer especially when they are new maps and such. After months of playing the same maps over and over it is a nice change.

I dont get WTF is up with you bashing MW2 for DLCs....considering pretty much every game these days has DLCs on consoles. Especially stupid considering there are games with many many more DLCs like all the Rock Band/Guitar Hero games.

Bought a $1.99 character pack for Killing Floor if that counts. Got the game for $15 so I figured I owed them something.

Your yes votes are going to be split.

Sure, 20 dollars or less in DLC content a month isn't going to effect my ability to pay bills... its called having a job, what a concept.

Yes I have purchased DLC, and will again if it is worth it. The MW2 hate is cute.

Sure, 20 dollars or less in DLC content a month isn't going to effect my ability to pay bills... its called having a job, what a concept.

Thats way too much. I rather buy another game or something for 20 bux or even 10 bux. If its 1-2 dollars then its ok. I voted no because with download content they'll remove the ability to mod and create user generated content.

Thats way too much. I rather buy another game or something for 20 bux or even 10 bux. If its 1-2 dollars then its ok. I voted no because with download content they'll remove the ability to mod and create user generated content.

Exactly, or put that $20 for another 5850 :cool:

More than willing to pay for DLC if its worth it. In fact, I paid for the Fallout 3 DLC and Gears of War 2 DLC. Well worth the price IMO.

Or some people would rather spend that towards their kid's diapers...and just play games that have free DLC...which has been the advantage for pc gamers for quite some time :eek: - try again.

anything less than a true expansion that is actually worth my cash won't get one dime from me. they need to keep this dlc kibbles and bits bullshit to the console market.

No, and I won't pay full price for an incomplete game. I don't consciously boycott them, it just don't buy things that are sold with parts missing if I can help it. You call it adding extra, I say if its worth buying and makes the game better, it should have been in the game in the first place.

Give us complete games, content patches to make fans happy, and allow us to make our own mods etc.. Historically, any game worth adding on to, we do a better job making extra content!

Console players can keep the 60 dollar incomplete generic remake games. They're already stretched and ready to accept.

I said I have and will. I do when it's obviously not a cheap trick by the developer to extort more money by withholding certain contents. In that case, it's not that much different from an expansion pack, but on a smaller scale and price.

yes i would pay.. but it depends on what you get and for how much..

I've bought various types of DLC (new quests, areas, costumes, etc.) for the games I enjoy on 360 and PC.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I'm paying, mostly on ps3.
Had to pay $15 for a 2hour extension of the Ratchet & clank game
F* them

Since this is in PC gaming. No I will never buy DLC for one. Console, yeah, I have since I dont have much of a choice. Why bother paying for DLC on a pc when I can get free user made mods?

Depends on what it is, what it adds, and what it costs.

If it's horse armor I'll be damned.

If it's basically an expansion pack that isn't a thrown together piece of crap, sure I'll pop $5 for it or even $10 if it's really something robust, special, meaningful, and if I love the game a lot.

Best recent example: Broken Steel and The Pitt in Fallout 3. I had little qualms paying extra for content like that. YMMV

I selected "no" but i should clarify. If it is as big as a full expansion is, such as the previously mentioned broken stee/the pitt addons, then I've got no problem paying for it.

But would i pay for a few extra maps, weapons, textures? hell no.

I put that I have or would because I have bought expansion packs before and would similarly pay for something if it was worth the money.

I would not pay for multiplayer maps alone. Any DLC would need to add to the single-player experience or add new units/items/features that enhance the online experience beyond new maps.

If CoD games released DLC for $10 that added 3-5 new maps, new weapons, perks, etc then I would pay for it but this would also assume they bring back dedicated servers so any/all of that could be turned off if it was lame.

I put that I have or would because I have bought expansion packs before and would similarly pay for something if it was worth the money.

I would not pay for multiplayer maps alone. Any DLC would need to add to the single-player experience or add new units/items/features that enhance the online experience beyond new maps.

If CoD games released DLC for $10 that added 3-5 new maps, new weapons, perks, etc then I would pay for it but this would also assume they bring back dedicated servers so any/all of that could be turned off if it was lame.

Think you just figured it, maybe they plan to release all the stuff yall are wanting in the game for the low low price of 10 bucks. That way not only are they getting people to but a game that costs 60 instead of 50, they are getting a lot to py a full 70 or more ;)

No, I refuse to be nickel and dimed to death for some hastily thrown together maps or weapons.

I would pay for DLC if it was worth it.

I have never purchased DLC for any game before though.
BUT, my friend has bought DLC for me, ahaha. Northern Strike for BF2142

No, I refuse to be nickel and dimed to death for some hastily thrown together maps or weapons.

sometimes, it seems the maps that did not make the cut, are the ones that are thrown in later as 'DLC'.

You know, the 'bonus' maps that used to be free?

anything less than a true expansion that is actually worth my cash won't get one dime from me. they need to keep this dlc kibbles and bits bullshit to the console market.

Couldn't agree more.

Im tempted by the Dragon age content but have no idea how much it costs (why buy things in points, it just masks the real cost) nor do i know much content is in there.

I think the effort is better spent in an expansion or sequel, most games you can knock an expansion out quite since so many resources can be re-used.

Voted #4. I'd pay for some things(i.e. if you'd consider the Episodes for HL2 DLC, I'll pay for that), but I'm not paying for extra items and overpriced sidequests(i.e. Dragon Age crap).

If you could pay a couple bucks for a few hours of sidequests, I'd have no problem with it(if the standalone game was good), but 5-10$ for something that'll last a few hours max? No thanks.

Back