Would you like the "twitch" style of fps gaming brought back?

Would you like the "twitch" style fps' brought back???

• Yes!

Votes: 140 75.3%
  • No!

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I play other FPS styles

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • I hate all FPS'

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
"Twitch" meaning fast paced fps' like Unreal Tournament 99, 2003, 2004, Quake 2,3,4 etc

I have great memories of Q3 Arena, I wouldn't mind a remake or update.

I think it's a nice change of pace now and then but I feel so fried after just 30-45 minutes of it. I can play slower, more tactical shooters for hours.

I think my favorite twitcher would be UT2004 instagib in zero grav. That madness is bananas.

If non twitch based shooters should have ever been popular then America's Army games would have been sufficient evidence. Yet we have a whole spawn of non twitch shooters o_o

I still miss classic Counter Strike (before version 1.6) with its realistic weapons and models along with unrealistic, "twitch" game play.... edit: and even so current Counter Strike is very twitchy (just not as much as it used to be).

Yes please.

Tribes Ascention is on its way! But what we really need is another good UT game ala 99/2k4

I couldn't really care less. I never got into the Quake and UT style games. I played them a bit, but never for terribly long. If the genre died it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

But what we really need is another good UT game ala 99/2k4

I was occasionally an instagib master... no other FPS's multiplayer component could keep me playing against strangers online (99 > 2k4)... Liked those giant levels, flying through the air while tracking other tiny laser-spewing players hopping about.

I was occasionally an instagib master... no other FPS's multiplayer component could keep me playing against strangers online (99 > 2k4)... Liked those giant levels, flying through the air while tracking other tiny laser-spewing players hopping about.
Add the crotch shot mod for hilarity :D

Bring me a Quake style FPS game, and I will be like Joaquin Phoenix from Gladiator when he dons his white armor and faces the crowd.

Bring it on, biatch.

Bring back rocket arena like in Quake 3.. or UT2k4! That style but with modern graphics.. hell yes..

I've been almost exclusively a FPS gamer since the first time I played Doom. That being said,I have to admit the traditional run 'n gun,linear "twitch" shooters have gotten a bit stale to me. I didn't realize how much so until I played STALKER :SoC. I think more of the open world,RPG type gameplay in it is what's needed.

Aren't the CoD games classed as this? Most seem to run around like headless chickens blasting all and sundry. No different to Q3A and UT.....

Yes, I loved those styles of FPS, too bad all FPS are bullshit these days, enough of these "realistic" FPS already.

Aren't the CoD games classed as this? Most seem to run around like headless chickens blasting all and sundry. No different to Q3A and UT.....

CoD is nothing like a twitch shooter. CoD is slow paced no matter how fast it seems to you.

When people refer to twitch shooters they are talking about arena shooters with armor/weapon pick-ups and advanced movement options for traversing the map quickly.

I would also like to see one made. Either a quake reboot with the MULTIPLAYER highlighted because those are the type of people that want to play twitch shooters. Else I'd welcome an Indie developer to tackle this.

It would make more sense for an indie developer to pick up something like this from a business standpoint because this is a niche game. Quake 3 was one of the best multiplayer games ever made but didn't sell nearly as well as the people that praise it would think.

http://www.lmctf.com/help.html gameplay style with

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3

Graphics =

pet_giant_boner.jpg

I would like them to be like old school games, UT and such. The thing i liked most about those games it there was no leveling, no gun unlocks, nothing to give an opponent the upper hand. It was all about skill, and who could get the shot off first. Dont get me wrong, i love games with unlocks and progression. but a game where you can just have mindless fun would be nice.

Absolutely, today games are really too nambypamby

id need to re-do a quake multiplayer only game with all the speed and action of the first one, or maybe another (good) UT game from epic.

Bring me a Quake style FPS game, and I will be like Joaquin Phoenix from Gladiator when he dons his white armor and faces the crowd.

Bring it on, biatch.

He cheated and still got fragged :confused:

prayers answered, pick up serious sam 3
no regen health, and be prepared to die a lot.

Twitch team based shooters seem to be the in thing and they're still going strong (CS series and TF2 comes to mind).

Back